• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
you talk to joel about his smashfest/housing thing yet?

Sounds like a full car already, so if he's planning to get home you'd need another driver it sounds like (or 4 in the back).

i'll make a post in the other thread and see whats up, glad you guys are coming.

Fogel

Smash Lord
you talk to joel about his smashfest/housing thing yet?

Sounds like a full car already, so if he's planning to get home you'd need another driver it sounds like (or 4 in the back).

i'll make a post in the other thread and see whats up, glad you guys are coming.
I think Joel is on for staying at his place after SYG^. As for who needs housing, only chrusher would be coming with me, the others are going down separately and I think they have their own arrangements.

tect

Smash Journeyman
yo cam! seems like my chances of going to SYG^ have increased exponentially! i haven't been keeping up with the housing situations at all, i'll ask jarc about that. but i was wondering if there was a spot in your car? pick-up would be my house i guess, easy enough to get on the 417 from there xD

Vwins

Smash Ace
nice tect!!! I'm glad you can come to SYG^. I'll be able to place you correctly on the PR after this tourny I hope you won't get a gay bracket. You should post on the Tournament thread to confirm your presence because bigrick must place you in a pool.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Mikey yeah there's still space. PM me your cell # so we can work things out, I may be taking Dave (chrusher) down too but I don't know all the details yet.

To those who are coming to the smashfest tomorrow: don't show up until 7 or so, I have to stop by my parents' place to get the car first so I won't be home by 5.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
nice tect!!! I'm glad you can come to SYG^. I'll be able to place you correctly on the PR after this tourny I hope you won't get a gay bracket. You should post on the Tournament thread to confirm your presence because bigrick must place you in a pool.
hmm only top 16 will advance, so its supposed to be really tough starting from there

mikey are u bringing a tv? if Fogel is ok with it... heheh

Vwins

Smash Ace
montreal tournament in october?

I would like to know if anyone in Ottawa would be interested to come to a tournament near montreal in october and also I want to know what would be the best date for you to deal with your school and etc. nothing is confirm yet but I will soon post in the tournament thread if enough people seem interested.

Fogel

Smash Lord
I would like to know if anyone in Ottawa would be interested to come to a tournament near montreal in october and also I want to know what would be the best date for you to deal with your school and etc. nothing is confirm yet but I will soon post in the tournament thread if enough people seem interested.
I'd be interested...any weekend is good for me.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Anyone down for a smashfest Friday evening?

I might come back to Ottawa, randomly, prolly in September/October. When would be a good time for me to crash at your place for 3 days again, Cam? ; )
For now, any weekend is ok...but just so you know, Mikey will be out of town for university :( If Mikey is back in Ottawa some weekend in Sept./Oct. we should plan to get together then.

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
Cbone, SAUS and myself will definatly be there! We really want another tourny to happen. Any sat will most likely work.

Hello! *waves*
hey hey.... poker...... bomberman!! hahaha yo :)

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
Anyone down for a smashfest Friday evening?

For now, any weekend is ok...but just so you know, Mikey will be out of town for university :( If Mikey is back in Ottawa some weekend in Sept./Oct. we should plan to get together then.
oh yeah!! yea I will be there, ian probably too. And I think derek gets back tomorrow so he'll be able to come too maybe.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
*beats everybody at bomberman, also beats test at pool*

I'm too good at non-smash games vs smashers :<

mouse7245

Smash Apprentice
New Smasher

Hey I'm new to ottawa and was looking for some smashers close to downtown area (Uottawa) to game with and any tourney's out there. I've been playing for a year or so and have the basics down (SHFFL'ing, wavedashing, and such). Anyone interested in playing add me on msn at mouse_7245@hotmail.com

Dice

Smash Lord
Do you go to Ottawa U by any chance?

And I vote on Cam having a last ToS in November or something before brawl if you have time to organize one :D

WarranThad

Smash Ace
yeah i'd come to a tos in october/november almost definetly.

last tos was fantastic. non-montreal places really know how to make excellent tourneys (not that the styd's sucked, just tos3 and tct were wicked good).

Fogel

Smash Lord
Hey I'm new to ottawa and was looking for some smashers close to downtown area (Uottawa) to game with and any tourney's out there. I've been playing for a year or so and have the basics down (SHFFL'ing, wavedashing, and such). Anyone interested in playing add me on msn at mouse_7245@hotmail.com
Welcome to the community! Most of us who are still active live in the west end of the city, the people who are close to downtown don't play anymore as far as I know. I have smashfests at my house pretty often if you're willing to come to the west end though.

And I vote on Cam having a last ToS in November or something before brawl if you have time to organize one :D
yeah i'd come to a tos in october/november almost definetly.

last tos was fantastic. non-montreal places really know how to make excellent tourneys (not that the styd's sucked, just tos3 and tct were wicked good).
I appreciate the votes of confidence, but I don't know if it's worth the effort. To make the pot worthwhile we'd need around 30 people, but a lot of people have stopped playing recently. Almost no one plays in Ottawa anymore (it's almost always just me + the Nepean crew at my smashfests), Toronto is too lazy to come down here, and people from Montreal seem less willing to travel these days. The room rental fees keep going up, at ToS3 I had to pay almost $100 for insurance on top of the room rental; by now it's probably increased even more. Basically, I'd have to see a lot of interest from out-of-towners for it to even be worth the effort of organizing a ToS4.

mouse7245

Smash Apprentice
Yah I go to ottawa U. I am willing to travel to play smash but I don't have a car so the bus is pretty much the best I can do. Kinda makes any out of town tourneys hard to get to. You go to Uottawa dice?

Dice

Smash Lord
Myself, Locke), Shuriken and GanonPwn all go to Ottawa U. What program are you in/what year?

WarranThad

Smash Ace
i doubt it on jay, matt maybe, rous definetly.

don't want to force organizing one on you, but if you actually want to then montreal thread can be asked and i'm sure we could get a similar amount to tos 3 at least (if kanata comes >_>).

if not, all good, probably alot of work.

Coolza

Smash Cadet
Anyone here live near the Hunt Club area?
I want to practice before brawl comes out and I know everyone here is really good.

mouse7245

Smash Apprentice
I'm in 2nd year psychology. If you guys live close enough I am willing to play just anytime I'm free. I didn't play all throughout the school year last year and I'm not looking for that to happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom