• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
it doesn't look like montreal will host one at this point.

thatguy is really, really busy and chet said something a few months back about not wanting to organize another one.

maybe i'm wrong, but I doubt anyone will host one... maybe someone should make a thread to disucss the possibilities for an august smash tourney?

Fogel

Smash Lord
I can't play Saturday, it's my birthday and I'll be out.

As for a tourney, I don't know if it would be possible to book the church for early August...maybe late August.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
august 18th tourney would be sexy sexy
august 18th? I've found a small venue near my house, and the good thing is, I don't think that we won't have to pay for it (maybe a deposit fee, only)

I've already been there before (for a party), but I'm planning to visit this place in the next weeks, to see if a Smash Bros. tournament would be possible there.

Damax

Smash Lord
august 18th? I've found a small venue near my house, and the good thing is, I don't think that we won't have to pay for it (maybe a deposit fee, only)

I've already been there before (for a party), but I'm planning to visit this place in the next weeks, to see if a Smash Bros. tournament would be possible there.
August 18th is a no no for me, make it the 19, I already got the 18 as a day off for martin matte's new show. I'm sure people has much less to do on sundays

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Hmm, so it seems that there's interest for an August tourney...

Okay then, I'll look for the available dates and I'll take mesurements of the room.

We can't have a big one like STYD though... because the room is not that big.

EDIT: And Sunday might be a good idea... cause lots of ppl work/do other stuff on saturdays.

Oh well, we'll just see what the ppl want.

EDIT2: lol... talkin bout a Mtl tourney in the Ott thread

Fogel

Smash Lord
Saturday or Sunday of that weekend would be good for me. I'd prefer Saturday, but if Sunday would get more people then just do Sunday.

EDIT2: lol... talkin bout a Mtl tourney in the Ott thread
Ottawa thread is really Mtl thread part 2 anyways. The current page has all Mtl posts except for mine :)

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
I am busy on the 18th. Cbone, Saus and I would most likely be able to come to Montreal for the
19, or anytime after that in August. We were really hoping someone would have a tournament during that time.

Ottawa, how about regular smashfests again? Fridays work best for me.

edit: maybe i could get zac to play too
yeee get zac to come out! Also how long is Vlad going to be away for? And I want to see you and eric and mitch and brian to come out again. The falco challenge is waiting for u.

Dice

Smash Lord
Vlad is gone until the beginning of August and Brian leaves on vacation on the 18th-end of the month. So not too much time for smash for us (plus, we rarely play anymore... Brawl can't come out soon enough)

Fogel

Smash Lord
I'll start having smashfests again shortly...this weekend I'm gone to FCD. I'll try to have one the weekend after that, assuming nothing else comes up.

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
Smashfest this Saturday night (the 21st)...I've got other stuff on Friday evening. Is Sat. ok with you guys?
Yeah I have a shift at work but i should be able to get rid of it. Smash is more important! Also i'm going to maybe bring a new friend i met a summer school. He played competitive smash in china! so cool. He has all the techniques down, just is a little rusty because he hasn't played for 2 months. He is living impermanently in barhaven now.

Fogel

Smash Lord
There will probably be a smashfest next week. tect and Cbone won't be there though :(
I don't know what day yet, but definitely one of Friday or Saturday. Also, it looks like the next Montreal tournament is gonna be on August 18th, for those who might be interested in going. I'll try to go to that one.

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
Im suppost to be getting back from a cottage with my family on the 18th. My mom said she'd drive me if it was on the 19th but i think there is still a good chance i get make it on the 18th. I home dam so anyways. If everything works out it will be derek, ian, randy and myself.

How did the fest go last night? I wish i was there. Too bad tect won't make it next week, i wanted to play him. How did ian and derek fair against him?

Fogel

Smash Lord
Hey everyone! The smashfest this week will be on FRIDAY the 27th (I'll be busy Saturday).

Im suppost to be getting back from a cottage with my family on the 18th. My mom said she'd drive me if it was on the 19th but i think there is still a good chance i get make it on the 18th. I home dam so anyways. If everything works out it will be derek, ian, randy and myself.

How did the fest go last night? I wish i was there. Too bad tect won't make it next week, i wanted to play him. How did ian and derek fair against him?
Smashfest was pretty good. tect had to leave early and he only really played Derek 1v1. We did a bunch of teams as well but that was kinda random stuff. You'll have to talk to Derek if you want to know how things went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom