• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
Bennnnnnnn, I work sunday (well, I assume I work... I do 95% of the time...) but I'll be off by 6 at the latest. I'll talk to bry about it but I know he'll be down. We'll more than likely show up on sunday, but I have yo numba so I'll just give ya a call haha.

buenob

Smash Lord
sweet, thunder cats are go!

we start at 3pm! I'm moving the start time a smidge earlier because we can't go past 11pm... no exceptions... daron has to wake up at 5am, and I won't impose on her lol (but if we want to go out after I don't work on monday so I would be down... not organizing that lol)

we need setups peeps!! I'll be using this post to keep track of them:
TV's
-ben

Wii's
-ben
-ben

brawl disc
-ben

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
btw you guys, I can host on the 11th at a house so there'll be lots of room.
Sounds interesting, is it gonna be at your dads place? Let me know when you have more info, ill be interested in going but the World Cup is starting that day.

sweet, thunder cats are go!

we start at 3pm! I'm moving the start time a smidge earlier because we can't go past 11pm... no exceptions... daron has to wake up at 5am, and I won't impose on her lol (but if we want to go out after I don't work on monday so I would be down... not organizing that lol)

we need setups peeps!! I'll be using this post to keep track of them:
TV's
-ben

Wii's
-ben
-ben

brawl disc
-ben
Whos all going to squash? Ill be down for some of that. Can you pm me your info? Im pretty sure I know which buidling it is not sure of the ring code/apartment #. If you dont mind holding on to extra tvs see if Cam will donate one of his extra ones to you. Im pretty sure he still has Harold's old tv.

@Matt - Is your TV at Cams place?

Matt07

Smash Master
No, it's at my place where I used to live, I dunno if landlord still has it. If you guys are interested I'll ask to see if she still has it, and you guys can pick it up if you want.

buenob

Smash Lord
lol this is just gonna be a one time thing... i work really odd days, and basically every weekend except this upcoming one

if anyone pm's me, I will respond with directions...

as for squash, 2 people will be showing up at 10, 2 more at 11... plus me so 5... i hope you come orlando, been talking you up lol

buenob

Smash Lord
lol alan... playing squash with a tennis racket is well... not recommended... and I will be showing up @carleton around 10am to play, and staying until probably noon, so just come find me there

reach me @613-76nine-I47one if needed

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
You may need to book a squash court in advanced to play. it used to be pretty cheap to play, just had to pay for the court, but now i think non members are required to purchase a day pass. just giving you a heads up.

buenob

Smash Lord
yeah it's like 10 bucks... but i figure i'm going for a while so it's ok lol... also, sunday @10am... no way they're gonna be totally booked lol

buenob

Smash Lord
i has 3tv's now... bring wii's and brawl people :D (and tv's if possible... lookin' at you randy)

FrenchToast15

Smash Rookie
i will bring my wii oh also im going to be dead tired when you guys see me because im working tonight and i usually pull off a full 24 hours each sunday to go onto a normal schedule during the week so if it looks like im about to die tomorrow its just that im tired.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
i'm free tomorrow (friday) if anyone is interested in something.
ariel - i saw the karate kid on tv the other day and ralph macchio reminded me of you.

Theblades

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm new to smash world I'm cool with brawl or melee. I'm not good but willing to play and learn ^.^

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Oh wow we still have new people coming in. I'll fill you in.

The Brawl community is pretty scattered at the moment. There's no definite schedule for meeting up, since none of us can really find a person that can host and has a definite schedule of their own.

Melee is split up into a bi-weekly schedule, on the Saturday: On Week A, it will take place in Kanata. On Week B, it will take place at Merivale. Then near the end of the month, we have a tournament in Merivale.

For my own personal preferences, I've lost interest in Brawl since the scene slowed down and I dabbled further into hacked versions, and then migrated to the Melee scene, which sped up.
Long story short, I play Brawl Minus and Melee fairly exclusively when it comes to playing competitively.

FrenchToast15

Smash Rookie
sweet a new guy! wait does that mean im no longer the greenhorn? sweet~ oh sorry mal i was out all day yesterday, got myself a 360 and blazblue lol

Errm blades if you don't live to far i am always looking for people to play with so if you want just pm me and i can give you directions. (or look a couple of pages back my address was posted awhile back lol)

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo e3 press conference quick points:

-New Zelda for wii (failed demo by Miyamoto lol)
-Mario in another sport title called mixed sports
-Mii version of mario party
-Sequel to some dancing game, does anybody care about this?
-Epic mickey, missed the demo though. it had a mix of 3d platforming and 2d platforming.
-Golden Sun DS
-New Goldeneye game for wii (lolwut) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekGb8SsEcis
-New Kirby for wii
-Metroid M
-New Donkey Kong country, looks pretty good. seemed true to the dks from the snes days
-3DS, 3d withouth the glasses. would like to see what it looks like. its one of those things that has to be seen iwith your own eyes and not through a video
-Kid Icarus for 3DS
-A bunch of games are confirmed for 3DS, including a new resident evil, new metal gear solid

On a side note Microsoft is looking to tap into the wii (casual gamers) market with their Kinect system. They have a bunch wii sports and wii fit type titles. From a technological stand point Kinect is pretty **** cool. No need for a controller, it tracks your whole body and you can give the xbox voice commands.

Most of the more traditional games they showed didnt really interest me and I dont think you guys are into them either (Halo reach, Gears 3, COD). The one game that looked cool was metal gear rising, its all about cutting **** up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7tGf3Gak-E

Discuss

Edit: Welcome to the Ottawa smash community blades.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@TheBlades/Anyone else- This is my last week of work and since I'll be on summer break people can come over every now and then for some games. Max 4 people though.

Also, we all should get together for soccer sometime.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Dayum I'm jealous of you guys being able to rally and play soccer. If I would present this idea to gta they would be like "what's soccer"? Gonna try it anyways lol.

Theblades

Smash Rookie
Vanitas *cough* COUGE! *cough*... sry dont know what came over me there, but thxs for the welcome and i dont feel comfortable going over to random peoples houses without a friend. So i hope no one takes offense and i still like my kidneys :p

Top Bottom