• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
i just have the one tv. its a modest one bedroom apt. seating would be one couch facing the tv and i have some chairs we could squeeze in.
who is all interested in coming?

arsenic41

Smash Ace
guys i want to bike up to ottawa for something sometime this summer.
do something cool.
Coming to Ottawa for something cool is like waiting for Duke Nukem Forever to come out.

Its not going to happen.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I'd be interested.

Earliest/Latest times?

@Malcolm, ofc

@Randy&Sean

We can have a Custom Stage Brawl Minus/Plus tourney, or an Adventure Mode/Impossible Ganon Melee Tourney.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@Malcom- I might be able to show up tonight. I'll be able to confirm around 7ish, but it seems likely that I can go.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
ok its cool, ill have some peeps over.
i would request you do not show up until 730 so i can finish some things i'm working on. as for leaving times it depends how bad im losing or if my girlfriend says its quiet time.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Alright then, I'd like to head over too. I could bring my wii over instead, so we don't have to worry about your broken one, Alan.

I assume you're at the same place, Malcolm? Would you be able to PM over your address? I don't know where I would have put the information from last time.

I'll probably aim for around 8. Sound ok?

EDIT: I found your address in a previous post, so no need to send it.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
last second notice, Ill be coming! Itll take me a while to get there though, got to head home first.

Unless someone brings another gamecube controller.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
My Wii should be fine. We'll have yours as backup :3
I just like my songs lots, and I just finished weeding out the bad custom stages for Random

Heading out really soon, and I plan to take the TV back on Saturday, if that's an okay day. It's a 13" so it doesn't take up notable space.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
alright then. I'll be there around 815 now. Going to go pack up my stuff. I'll bring over the wavebirds, just in case.

Btw, I hope there will be plenty of MM's tonight, because I will be challenging you! (even thought I haven't played since I was last over...)

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Well, there is some slight problems going on at home that require my immediate attention(bills, food, money in general) and so I am unable to make it out tonight. There's gonna be a **** ton of *****ing all night.

Wish me luck.

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
Hey guys - not sure if many of you remember me, I went to one bi-weekly a while ago and had to stop going cause I was getting swamped with school, other work, and having to bus over an hour across town basically made it impossible for me sadly :(.

I have some good (hopefully people like it) news, I'm basically free until at least the end of August (probably later, too) and I am able to host events :). I only have one TV (and not sure what we could put extra TVs on, we can improvise) and one Wii, and not too many extra controllers - so I'd need people to bring their own, but in terms of space we should be fine. If people want to schedule a once every week or once every other week time, awesome :D.

Last note, I live in Gloucester east: if you're coming from the west by bus it's 2 stops after St. Laurent Station on the transitway (Blair Station), and from the east it's the next stop after Montreal Rd. - then a 10ish minute (more if you're carrying a TV and Wii probably >.>) walk south. Send me a PM if you want my full address - don't want to post it openly on forums :).

So if anybody's interesting - when's best for everyone, and is anything going on right now? I've been absent for a while so I'm not up-to-date on these things!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Yesssssss I remember you. I think.
I live in Riverside, so that's actually fairly close to me.

To keep you up to date: Fogel has retired, Melee has been booming more than Brawl (due to the lack of a Brawl host), and we have a few new faces (MALCORE, FrenchToast, qumbug). Oh, and I play mostly Brawl Minus now.

Good to have you back!

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Thats pretty far for sure. But I used to work at around there so Im familiar with the commute. When is best for you? Speaking for myself id say Friday or thursday would be best. As for time id say after 5 to whenever you want us to leave.

Do you live alone or at home?

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
Yesssssss I remember you. I think.
I live in Riverside, so that's actually fairly close to me.

To keep you up to date: Fogel has retired, Melee has been booming more than Brawl (due to the lack of a Brawl host), and we have a few new faces (MALCORE, FrenchToast, qumbug). Oh, and I play mostly Brawl Minus now.

Good to have you back!
Didn't you play Brawl Minus mostly before too? :bee:

Well the good news is that I can host Brawl now, I have a GC too so if people really want to play Melee they can - only one TV though and like, 2 controlers... I think, haven't done GC stuff in a while :ohwell:.

Thanks for the re-welcoming, it's nice to have time again to be back :).

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
Thats pretty far for sure. But I used to work at around there so Im familiar with the commute. When is best for you? Speaking for myself id say Friday or thursday would be best. As for time id say after 5 to whenever you want us to leave.

Do you live alone or at home?
Friday and Thursday both work well for me, tbh pretty much anything does - I'm working with my dad & bro on a photography business so I can basically be free whenever, depends entirely when everyone else is.

I live at home (way cheaper at home during uni), and there's an 80% chance my dad will be home, and a 50/50 my bro and sis will be home. My bro may want to play too, he's a bit worse than me, and I'm not that good to begin with. Everyone in my family is VERY relaxed, and I should mention in case of allergies - we have a dog (insanely friendly and would never hurt anything, except for our couch - you'll see what I mean >.>) and a cat (he's kind of a loner and mysteriously dissapears, but he's friendly in a passive way and definitely won't hurt you IF you manage to find him - also likes to headbutt people for attention). My sister has two mice in a cage in her room, but that's on the top floor and we'll be on the main floor/basement, so that shouldn't be a problem. Only things I personally ask are common courtesy 'rules' like clean up after yourself, don't destroy everything, and preferably no smoking - but you can outside if you need to (smoking I mean, that's not permission to go outside to destroy things :laugh:).

Hopefully that doesn't scare people away, just figured I'd say that all now rather than have a bad allergic reaction or something, hope that's all okay with everyone :).

[edit] Forgot to mention, but after 5pm is probably a good time to start. As for leaving, I think people heading out around midnight will be fine, you can really leave whenever though

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
5 PM to Midnight

Is this a dream?
Lemme explain that a bit. My parents are divorced, so my brother and sister live with my dad for one week, then my mom for one weak, and repeat. I live with my dad 100% of the time cause I have my own room here and I need a place to set up for uni.

When my brother and sister are at my mom's (every other week) people can stay until whenever really - as in, starting to head out at midnight or so is completely fine.

When my bro and sis are here, my brother works at stupidly early times like 6 in the morning - and my sis is just selfish and freaks out with any amount of noise while trying to sleep. I think if people were to start leaving around 11ish, we'd be fine (although I can't verify that time because they're not here right now and it's too late to call them).

If we wanted, when they're with my dad and I, if we use the basement instead of the living room a lot of the noise would be muted so people could stay till 12 anyway. The basement's unfinished though with a lot of boxes and stuff. It's completely safe and useable, just not that aesthetically appealing :laugh:.

I hope that's not too confusing and sounds good to everyone :)

So to answer your question, no - it's not a dream :chuckle:

p.s. Sorry for the delayed reply, randomly decided to go golfing - the weather was perfect, had to take advantage of it. Got my first epic chip-in ever :D

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
That's fine. How does friday from 5-11/12 sound (I'll let people know if it's until 11 or 12 by tonight) for everyone? And is anyone able to make this week? If not we can start next Friday.

Remember to message me for my address, not posting it on the forums. :)

Vanitas

Smash Ace
Didn't you play Brawl Minus mostly before too? :bee:

Well the good news is that I can host Brawl now, I have a GC too so if people really want to play Melee they can - only one TV though and like, 2 controlers... I think, haven't done GC stuff in a while :ohwell:.

Thanks for the re-welcoming, it's nice to have time again to be back :).
did someone say melee? :O

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
how old are you, APURelinquished ?
just curious because i'm 26 and i feel old when i go to places where people live with their parents.

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
did someone say melee? :O
Yes, but I'd prefer to put my resources to use with Brawl, so I can supply the GC - but nothing else, you'd have to bring a TV, controllers, and the game (my Melee disk isn't reliable in terms of not freezing).

how old are you, APURelinquished ?
just curious because i'm 26 and i feel old when i go to places where people live with their parents.
I'm 20, I only live with my dad because it literally cuts the cost of uni in half if you compare it to living in residence or in my own apartment, etc.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
what school are you going to and what are you studying?

I might be able to show up this week, ill have to let you know tomorrow or friday.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Welcome back, APU. What you're saying sounds awesome, and I'm differently interested in attending. I may not be able to attend this week, but expect to see me often if you keep hosting. :D

I can bring my wii whenever I go, but someone else will need to supply the TV, I guess.

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
Thank you :). I'm glad people like the offer, I was just worried nobody'd want to since I'm on the complete opposite side of the city compared to where Fogel used to host - glad I was wrong.

Sounds good, can anyone bring a TV to compliment Jig's Wii? Or will we need to play trying to guess where everything is? >.>

I guess I can run by the Salvation Army and see if they have any semi-decent TVs, they're generally only around 10-30$

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Cool to hear that it sounds like someone might be hosting. And hey, it's good to hear I'm not that much of an old man despite the fact I'll be 23 in under a week. :laugh:

APURelinquished

Smash Rookie
By the way I should add - I lost my Wiimotes (both of them, don't ask how) about a month ago and I only found them again a few days ago, so I'm a bit rusty with the controls >.>.

Again, if you can make it tonight - message me for my address! So far I have one confirmed person, not much of a smashfest with only me, Linkshot, and possibly my brother :p.

Top Bottom