• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

buenob

Smash Lord
lol i've been following there will be brawl since the beta of their first video... sooo epic...
pokemon trainer is my favourite character

i know exactly where finch station is... it's about a 10 minute drive off the highway max (assuming bad traffic), just down one street... i used to subway up there and then take the local bus to my grandmothers

Fogel

Smash Lord
Ok, I got the afternoon off, and can use the car, so the OiN trip's on.

Spots for now:

Myself
Ben
Kai
Jake
(PND to/from tourney?)

The plan is for everyone (in Ottawa) to meet up at my place, and leave at 3pm or so. Assuming we'll want to stop for supper somewhere, we should be going through Toronto at around 8. Jake, would you be able to make it to Finch station by then?

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I got the afternoon off, and can use the car, so the OiN trip's on.

Spots for now:

Myself
Ben
Kai
Jake
(PND to/from tourney?)

The plan is for everyone (in Ottawa) to meet up at my place, and leave at 3pm or so. Assuming we'll want to stop for supper somewhere, we should be going through Toronto at around 8. Jake, would you be able to make it to Finch station by then?
siiiiiiickkkk

Fogel

Smash Lord
Someone, convince Bryant to bring a carload. . . or just him. I need a doubles partner.
Assuming Ben is going to team with someone else, and Bryant ends up not going, we could team :) I'm going to play Snake though, since it's still my Snake month. Dual Snake probably wouldn't work so well...maybe Snake/Jiggs?

D

Deleted member

Cam - assuming I get work off, getting to Finch is no probz. Thanks :)

Fogel

Smash Lord
I'm guessing no one is going to come tomorrow? It's cool either way, I just want to know if I should actually be expecting someone or not. It's a funny contrast to the full Canada Day smashfest in the Montreal thread :/

I play a pretty good MK. And we could omnigay all day lol
Sure, that works. Someone will have to explain what Brawl 'omnigay' is, this isn't the first time I've seen it mentioned...

Cam - assuming I get work off, getting to Finch is no probz. Thanks :)
Sounds good!

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I would go Cam, but I had already made plans a while ago =S

Unrelated:

If anyone else thinks that MJ leaving is =( then dl this:

http://www.zshare.net/download/62057621c07fe54e/

It's just Stranger in Moscow but the first verse is replaced by a tribute verse my friend did. If you're bored and feel like listening to a bit of MJ with my friend randomly thrown in then dl it.

My friend doesn't make garbage lyrics btw so don't worry about it ruining the song.

PND

Smash Champion
Brawl Omnigay: Plant C4 on me. I grab the opponent and upthrow. You detonate the C4 while both the opponent and I are off screen, I come back. The opponent doesn't. Works at any %

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I actually might be able to make it tomorrow (I admittedly forgot).

My power cables came today, so I'm planning on leaving Ben's spare at Cam's place for him to pick up on Friday.

Does this work for you, Cam?

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
I can't sleep so I'm posting here for fun

Cam, what time would you be alright with people over? I've made plans for the afternoon, but I might be able to come over for a bit in the evening.

Ben I'll play you in brawl for shotgun :), I hear your rob is mad good

D

Deleted member

Cam I booked work off so I will see you guys Friday. :)

Kai, go on MSN.

Fogel

Smash Lord
@Anyone coming over today: Since I work tomorrow, I don't want this to run too late. I'd prefer people leave by 10:30pm at the latest, so make plans with your lifts/the bus for that time.

I actually might be able to make it tomorrow (I admittedly forgot).

My power cables came today, so I'm planning on leaving Ben's spare at Cam's place for him to pick up on Friday.

Does this work for you, Cam?
Yeah, that's fine.

I can't sleep so I'm posting here for fun

Cam, what time would you be alright with people over? I've made plans for the afternoon, but I might be able to come over for a bit in the evening.

Ben I'll play you in brawl for shotgun :), I hear your rob is mad good
Anytime's ok since it's a day off, I'm up now so you can show up whenever.

Cam I booked work off so I will see you guys Friday. :)

Kai, go on MSN.
OK, cool. Could you PM me your cell so we can coordinate stuff on Friday? Consequently, I'll PM you mine shortly.

PND

Smash Champion
@ HiDef:
I just downloaded new texture hacks for Snake and Kirby. Next time I'm in Ottawa, do you want to do "Team Team Fortress 2"? Kirby is a Spy (With hats for masks lawl) and Snake is a Demoman

rc-80

Smash Rookie
I have a whole bunch of textures too, so when youre in Ottawa i might be able to show them to you PNDMike

arsenic41

Smash Ace
@ HiDef:
I just downloaded new texture hacks for Snake and Kirby. Next time I'm in Ottawa, do you want to do "Team Team Fortress 2"? Kirby is a Spy (With hats for masks lawl) and Snake is a Demoman
Holy **** that is awesome!

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I've never seen the day,
In the depths of the dark,
But there's light on my face,
And my teeth are so sharp.

buenob

Smash Lord
cam - i'll be there at 2:45pm sharp tomorrow... thanks again for driving (i think i still owe you 10 from montreal) and when exactly will we be back in ottawa?

--
and now for some extremely sad news.

It appears that optimus prime has developed a random defect in his insides, which is 100% life threatening and almost 0% curable. Anyways, i'm mostly posting this to avoid terribly awkward situations when people come over next (a bit of a heads up so no one inadvertently sticks their foot in their mouth), but there will probably be less cat related johns in the future (unfortunately).

IvanEva

Smash Ace
HAROLD'S FINAL SMASH BOARDS POST

It has been a great one and a half years (I think) of Smashing with you guys but the time has come for me to move on, of sorts. Needless to say, I must extend a HUGE 'thank you' to Cam for hosting for so long. I remember my first day there when you, Ian, Derek, Daniel, and that 'Mouse' guy (whose name I've forgotten :S) completely thrashed me and showed me how to "really" play Smash. Good times.

Hopefully, I'll be able to play with some of you again in the future.

Alan (and Ben, and Cam - I think) have my password, should they wish to keep the first post updated. Otherwise, might I recommend making Ottawa Smash III: Third Smash?

- H

Oh yes, if you want to get in contact with me ever, my e-mail is my Smash username + "at hotmail.com".

Fogel

Smash Lord
Kai - Just a reminder to be at my place before 3pm. I don't want to leave Ottawa too late, so give me a call if something comes up. I'll pm you my cell in case you don't already have it.

Jake - I got your cell, one of us will call you when we're entering Toronto. How long do you think it'll take you to get to Finch station, just so we know how much advance notice to give?

cam - i'll be there at 2:45pm sharp tomorrow... thanks again for driving (i think i still owe you 10 from montreal) and when exactly will we be back in ottawa?

--
and now for some extremely sad news.

It appears that optimus prime has developed a random defect in his insides, which is 100% life threatening and almost 0% curable. Anyways, i'm mostly posting this to avoid terribly awkward situations when people come over next (a bit of a heads up so no one inadvertently sticks their foot in their mouth), but there will probably be less cat related johns in the future (unfortunately).
Sounds good. As Alan mentioned, you already paid me at Ribfest :) Sorry to hear about your cat :(

HAROLD'S FINAL SMASH BOARDS POST

It has been a great one and a half years (I think) of Smashing with you guys but the time has come for me to move on, of sorts. Needless to say, I must extend a HUGE 'thank you' to Cam for hosting for so long. I remember my first day there when you, Ian, Derek, Daniel, and that 'Mouse' guy (whose name I've forgotten :S) completely thrashed me and showed me how to "really" play Smash. Good times.

Hopefully, I'll be able to play with some of you again in the future.

Alan (and Ben, and Cam - I think) have my password, should they wish to keep the first post updated. Otherwise, might I recommend making Ottawa Smash III: Third Smash?

- H

Oh yes, if you want to get in contact with me ever, my e-mail is my Smash username + "at hotmail.com".
You probably won't read this, but good games, I'll miss you and your antics :( Hopefully we meet again. I'll get in touch with you if I pick up some form of Street Fighter more seriously.

edit: I also still have your TV. Do you want that back?

@Everyone: Do you think we should make another thread?

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
Kai - Just a reminder to be at my place before 3pm. I don't want to leave Ottawa too late, so give me a call if something comes up. I'll pm you my cell in case you don't already have it.
No prob, I'll be there for sure, likely around 2 30 if that's not too early.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
If there's a new thread, I'd say it should combine the biweekly and discussion threads with the OP constantly being updated with w/e info in pertinent as of date.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Randy/Alan: Thanks for coming over on Canada Day so I wouldn't be too bored, and thanks for letting me record vids. I don't have time to put them on Youtube, but I have watched all the matches and picked up a couple of more things I need to work on, so it was definitely worthwhile!

No prob, I'll be there for sure, likely around 2 30 if that's not too early.
Sounds good. If I'm not there by then, I could be running a little late (not sure of my timing between going to Ottawa South from my work which is in Bells Corners, then all the way back to Nepean :) ). Give me a call to find out what's up if I don't answer the door.

If there's a new thread, I'd say it should combine the biweekly and discussion threads with the OP constantly being updated with w/e info in pertinent as of date.
I agree, because I find a lot of our discussions end up going back and forth between the two threads. However, the mods don't agree, hence this thread being in the social boards and the Biweekly thread being in the 'real' boards. To avoid the combined biweekly thread possibly being closed on us due to OT posts/spam, I think we should keep the two threads separate for now.

Also, can you ask Harold if he wants his TV back (I'm assuming he isn't going to read SWF anymore)? It wouldn't hurt the biweeklies to give it back, since Jan brought that 5th TV.

edit: Another alternate Brawl version, Balanced Brawl: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239604

Sounds interesting, what do you all think?

D

Deleted member

Cam it takes me about 45-1 hour to get to Finch. I'm gonna get there for 8 PM if I don't hear from you sooner. :)

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
^ haha.

Warning: Random post about running
So I ran my Canada Day 10K that I mentioned some time ago. I didnt train for it as I should have. I only really focused on it for the last three weeks and was only doing 5/6K runs. So this run was my first 10K of the summer. I ran it in 47:47. I was mainly aiming to do it under an hour which I managed to accomplish. Although the run itself was not so easy, cause there were a lot of times I could have quit but I wanted to do it without stopping. I had to stop twice though to tie my shoes which pissed me off, luckily it was early on (in the 1st k I think) and within seconds of each other. My placing was like 140 out of around 380 or something so not too bad. Although just to give you an idea of how crazy some of the people are, 1st place did it in 33 minutes! The only sucky part was that we were supposed to get shirts for participating but since my friend and I arrived "late", (we arrived like 10 min before the race and had to get a number and time chip) they had ran out of shirts.

Next Im running some army marathon which is 21k, ill have to train harder for that one though.

tl;dr: 10k in 47:47

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations Orlando! Great job! I want to get into physical training again, but I have a lot of school work to catch up on =S In about a year, I'll be able to easily keep up with you and we'll have to go for a run!

Related:

Fogel

Smash Lord
"Harold leaving Smashboards forever" is some pretty weak e-drama. He'll just be back in a week or two. :p
Ouch :/

^ haha.

Warning: Random post about running
So I ran my Canada Day 10K that I mentioned some time ago. I didnt train for it as I should have. I only really focused on it for the last three weeks and was only doing 5/6K runs. So this run was my first 10K of the summer. I ran it in 47:47. I was mainly aiming to do it under an hour which I managed to accomplish. Although the run itself was not so easy, cause there were a lot of times I could have quit but I wanted to do it without stopping. I had to stop twice though to tie my shoes which pissed me off, luckily it was early on (in the 1st k I think) and within seconds of each other. My placing was like 140 out of around 380 or something so not too bad. Although just to give you an idea of how crazy some of the people are, 1st place did it in 33 minutes! The only sucky part was that we were supposed to get shirts for participating but since my friend and I arrived "late", (we arrived like 10 min before the race and had to get a number and time chip) they had ran out of shirts.

Next Im running some army marathon which is 21k, ill have to train harder for that one though.

tl;dr: 10k in 47:47
Nice job on the run; be careful that you don't do so well in the army marathon that they try to recruit you though :p

Re: Ariel's pic: Nice find, where's that from? Also, you can't help but turn into the Falcon Punch guy while playing the Captain.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Congratulations Orlando! Great job! I want to get into physical training again, but I have a lot of school work to catch up on =S In about a year, I'll be able to easily keep up with you and we'll have to go for a run!

Related:
Thanks. Although I doubt school alone can keep you that occupied, for I am in that same boat. To start you really only need 15 min a day. How can this be do you say? Well the answer is crossfit (blatant plug :p). Its very different from your regular workouts as most if not all the exercises are functional. So youll never be doing curls or isolated exercises. Its a strength training program so youll never get big like ronnie coleman, but youll be strong like bruce lee. www.crossfit.com if youre interested but youll need to do a bunch of learning before you can jump into it. I recommend with watching videos of the exercises/workouts. But yeah, im down for a run whenever you want.

Also that pic was hilarious.

Ouch :/

Nice job on the run; be careful that you don't do so well in the army marathon that they try to recruit you though :p

Re: Ariel's pic: Nice find, where's that from? Also, you can't help but turn into the Falcon Punch guy while playing the Captain.
Haha thanks.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Yea Harold told me he had made a 'last post'.

I'm not sure why he needed to be so final, even though I don't read that often I try to post every once in a blue moon.

We'll see if he comes back! :)

Top Bottom