• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

buenob

Smash Lord
lolz @ teh vids... i was watching holy miss a lot of opportunities in the fight, and also spacing himself right into gdorfs awesomeness...

I think that's a combination of a good mannondorf and not much matchup experience on holy's part... i think randy would have been just as good (if not better) had he stuck with the old guy

as for DTD's and XS (xml schema), i didn't know you thought it would auto-generate code... it should start throwing you errors if you try to add the wrong tags, and I don't know how you could possibly auto-generate the content anyway, it's not like you're writing loops and stuff... xml is pretty short-hand to begin with..

i think of them more as a road map... it is exactly as mike said, a way for anyone to be able to use our XML, and for our sanity when trying to debug lol

Fogel

Smash Lord
I kinda skimmed through this one after watching the first 15-30 seconds, and sure enough it was the same thing throughout. The Falco probably should have stopped laser camping once he was down a stock and changed to actually approaching...

as for DTD's and XS (xml schema), i didn't know you thought it would auto-generate code... it should start throwing you errors if you try to add the wrong tags, and I don't know how you could possibly auto-generate the content anyway, it's not like you're writing loops and stuff... xml is pretty short-hand to begin with..

i think of them more as a road map... it is exactly as mike said, a way for anyone to be able to use our XML, and for our sanity when trying to debug lol
Fair enough; the thing is, I wasn't expecting to be doing all of the XML coding. However, it's not a big deal, I already started working on it yesterday with the help of some classes I'd already written for some other projects.

buenob

Smash Lord
i can do the xml coding... it's not very hard... <tag>content</tag>... it's just writing / reading a file... no? i do so much xml generation in PHPt that I just assumed the generation of the xml was on your end, sorry...

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Rain (the Falco) is supposedly Japan's top player. >_>
I thought it was common knowledge that rain sucks o_O

I saw that video a while ago and remarked on it one smashfest saying that japan sucks and that Randy's Falco is better than their best player who mains Falco.

Anyhow, story time!(! Not important. Read if bored. !)

My closest friend was in class and overheard a nerd leader saying to his nerd lackeys how he is awesome at every game ever ever and somehow pokemon was mentioned. My friend approached and told him that he knew someone(me) who was better. The nerd was appalled and sent a challenge to me. I accepted and today I went to my friend's school. I am not sure how familiar everyone is with pokemon but I am sure the concept of **** is universal. It went like this:

1st turn - My Miltank was faced against a Giratina(WTF UBER). I set up stealth rock(a damaging field effect whenever he sends a new pokemon in). He did an attack(Earth power) that my Miltank shrugged off.

2nd turn - I switched to my Salamence(a dragon) and since it's part flying, earth power didn't affect me.

3rd turn - I used Draco Meteor(super powerful). He was taunting me saying that his next move would destroy me. His Giratina never had a 'next move'. After it dies he sends out Gardevoir(garbage).

4th turn - I switch to Jirachi(Steel/Psychic). He continues to taunt me saying that was a poor move.

The rest of the game - My Jirachi used calm mind(stat upping move) twice, then wrecked him. Note that his Gardevoir did almost nothing to me, and what it did was healed off with leftovers. His team also had a Mewtwo which came after Gardevoir. I don't know the rest of his team cause after I killed the Mewtwo I gave the game to my friend's girlfriend and told her to 'push the yellow button repeatedly'. That was my counter-taunt. He got 6-0'd.

Happy ending? Of course. I commented that Mewtwo and Giratina are Uber tier and that he wasn't playing by the agreed upon rules to which he responded 'tiers r 4 queers'. I then asked him if he plays brawl. He says yes and that that is something I'd never beat him at. I ended up challenging him to a 50$ brawl money match after he said that metaknight isn't that good and that he mains Wolf and Lucas.

tl;dr - I forgot to put on my boots when I went n00b stomping.

EDIT: Ah but Mike, I haven't played him at brawl yet. I look forward to CG'ing the **** out of him though. The only problem with it is that I have to play by his rules which are 5 stocks, no timer and with smashball. Doesn't sound too bad though, since I'll just CP castle seige/plaza. Besides, Luigi loves smashballs. If I get desperate though, I might just go Sonic and take off two stocks with one smashball.

Conerning Harold, he has a surprise new character for the PNDspecial offweekly.

But!

Can he see why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch?

PND

Smash Champion
So he paid that $50, right? That's a sexy story, Ariel. Who did you use? And how did his Lucas compare to Harold's? LOL

Edit: We should make a Pirate Ship / Rainbow Cruise combo video to "I'm on a Boat"

infomon

Smash Scientist
http://www.artima.com/cppsource/xml_data_binding.html

I only brought up code-generation as a theoretical extreme to data validation; where the schema is the contract, and the code is guaranteed to accept only documents that could be deemed conformant by any correct validator. I'm nervous enough that without such a strict static-time coupling between my code and the schema, I can't trust a validator to be the only screen before strings from the document are snapped into my data structures. But I'm very, very nervous :)

also: amazing story ariel :D

buenob

Smash Lord
i understood all that up until the "virtual" declarations... I'm not familiar with them, been way too long... php and C(++) are pretty similar, but at the intense levels c goes off in a direction i'm just not up to speed with lol...

this is a pretty 'tame' program... almost no data is actually being stored, and there is only one 'input' user... i'd say having an extra 'screen' would just slow it down, since the entire program is using the xml file for it's data-source, and it's not aggregating with anything else...

...maybe if i could make web-pages in c i'd know it better lol...

ariel - best story evar! :)

Fogel

Smash Lord
i can do the xml coding... it's not very hard... <tag>content</tag>... it's just writing / reading a file... no? i do so much xml generation in PHPt that I just assumed the generation of the xml was on your end, sorry...
It's ok, like I mentioned, I already started on it.

I saw that video a while ago and remarked on it one smashfest saying that japan sucks and that Randy's Falco is better than their best player who mains Falco.

<epic Pokemon destruction>

Happy ending? Of course. I commented that Mewtwo and Giratina are Uber tier and that he wasn't playing by the agreed upon rules to which he responded 'tiers r 4 queers'. I then asked him if he plays brawl. He says yes and that that is something I'd never beat him at. I ended up challenging him to a 50$ brawl money match after he said that metaknight isn't that good and that he mains Wolf and Lucas.
Wow, that guy got crushed despite using banned Ubers, lol! Winning that $50 sounds like it'll be pretty easy. If you want total soul-crushing defeat, pick up Falco for his Wolf, and CG->death him every stock :)

http://www.artima.com/cppsource/xml_data_binding.html

I only brought up code-generation as a theoretical extreme to data validation; where the schema is the contract, and the code is guaranteed to accept only documents that could be deemed conformant by any correct validator. I'm nervous enough that without such a strict static-time coupling between my code and the schema, I can't trust a validator to be the only screen before strings from the document are snapped into my data structures. But I'm very, very nervous :)

also: amazing story ariel :D
That's a pretty good idea; makes things much simpler. I'd try it out if I were using C++, but unfortunately I'm not :(

SoLn

Smash Apprentice

My closest friend was in class and overheard a nerd leader saying to his nerd lackeys how he is awesome at every game ever ever and somehow pokemon was mentioned. My friend approached and told him that he knew someone(me) who was better. The nerd was appalled and sent a challenge to me. I accepted and today I went to my friend's school. I am not sure how familiar everyone is with pokemon but I am sure the concept of **** is universal. It went like this:

1st turn - My Miltank was faced against a Giratina(WTF UBER). I set up stealth rock(a damaging field effect whenever he sends a new pokemon in). He did an attack(Earth power) that my Miltank shrugged off.

2nd turn - I switched to my Salamence(a dragon) and since it's part flying, earth power didn't affect me.

3rd turn - I used Draco Meteor(super powerful). He was taunting me saying that his next move would destroy me. His Giratina never had a 'next move'. After it dies he sends out Gardevoir(garbage).

4th turn - I switch to Jirachi(Steel/Psychic). He continues to taunt me saying that was a poor move.

The rest of the game - My Jirachi used calm mind(stat upping move) twice, then wrecked him. Note that his Gardevoir did almost nothing to me, and what it did was healed off with leftovers. His team also had a Mewtwo which came after Gardevoir. I don't know the rest of his team cause after I killed the Mewtwo I gave the game to my friend's girlfriend and told her to 'push the yellow button repeatedly'. That was my counter-taunt. He got 6-0'd.

tl;dr - I forgot to put on my boots when I went n00b stomping.

EDIT: Ah but Mike, I haven't played him at brawl yet. I look forward to CG'ing the **** out of him though. The only problem with it is that I have to play by his rules which are 5 stocks, no timer and with smashball. Doesn't sound too bad though, since I'll just CP castle seige/plaza. Besides, Luigi loves smashballs. If I get desperate though, I might just go Sonic and take off two stocks with one smashball.

Conerning Harold, he has a surprise new character for the PNDspecial offweekly.

But!

Can he see why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch?
Amazing story, love good ol cocky noob/scrub ****** stories. Passing the ds to your friends girlfriend was hilarious and a very good comeback taunt. Were the pokemons you used the same ones you showed me the other time with the crazy names like *** hairs?

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I am glad you guys liked my story! For the record, the pokemon were named Fat *****(Miltank), Jellytime!(Salamence) and Jewrachi(Jirachi). My Salamence is usually partnered with a Swampert named PeanutButr and so... Jellytime!

buenob

Smash Lord
yo! so, matt and daron (roomies) both have work in the morning (daron wakes up at like 6am) so if I were to host rockband, it would have to wrap up around 10:30, and seeing as I only get off work at 6:30 that's not too long... if someone else is willing to host, that would probably go better

Remilia Scarlet

Smash Cadet
I work early too, so I wouldn't be able to stay later than 10:30 anyway. But if we find somewhere I wouldn't mind showing up for the 3 or 4 hours.

davidhudgin

Smash Rookie
PNDMike here:
k, I'm going out around 6-7 ish to grab a bite and a drink with my buddy. Anyone want to hang out before / after?

I'll repost my cell #, six13 - 863 - 180seven

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
So he paid that $50, right? That's a sexy story, Ariel. Who did you use? And how did his Lucas compare to Harold's? LOL

Edit: We should make a Pirate Ship / Rainbow Cruise combo video to "I'm on a Boat"
Da.mn straight! I vote Jigglypuff for T-Pain.

No, seriously, should we make it a project?

EDIT: Also, I'm having trouble with a computer assignment, guys. Can you guys help me out? In Java, is there such a thing as a testing class, which you use to test other classes? Part of the mark is testing, given here: - testing 3 marks (1 mark for proper definition of the testing class, 2 marks for having at least 6 different testing cases in a text file) does she just want me to test it, or is there something offical?

We aren't using objects in these programs, btw. They are really easy, questions. I'll post them below

1. Write a method for a class called BallPacker that prompts for three ints (one at a time) representing the dimensions of a box and a float that represents the radius of a ball. Then compute the number of balls that would fit in the box. Display the results in the Java console. Be sure to test your code with many different box and ball sizes. Assume that the balls are only stacked on top of each other neatly

2. Write a method for a class called CashRegister that prompts for five prices represented as double values and computes the bill, displaying the SUM, PST, GST and Total in the Java console. Make sure that you display the answer as follows:

Thanks guys!

buenob

Smash Lord
i hate java :( i could give you psudocode, but that's about it... also...rainbows are epic when they're close!

anyways, i'm gonna head to my dads for dinner, and i'll be back around 9... I really shouldn't host.. we've been doing a lot of random stuff lately and I should let them sleep... i'll call ***** and ***** when I get home for sure, regardless of what's planned

Fogel

Smash Lord
Da.mn straight! I vote Jigglypuff for T-Pain.

No, seriously, should we make it a project?

EDIT: Also, I'm having trouble with a computer assignment, guys. Can you guys help me out? In Java, is there such a thing as a testing class, which you use to test other classes? Part of the mark is testing, given here: - testing 3 marks (1 mark for proper definition of the testing class, 2 marks for having at least 6 different testing cases in a text file) does she just want me to test it, or is there something offical?

We aren't using objects in these programs, btw. They are really easy, questions. I'll post them below

1. Write a method for a class called BallPacker that prompts for three ints (one at a time) representing the dimensions of a box and a float that represents the radius of a ball. Then compute the number of balls that would fit in the box. Display the results in the Java console. Be sure to test your code with many different box and ball sizes. Assume that the balls are only stacked on top of each other neatly

2. Write a method for a class called CashRegister that prompts for five prices represented as double values and computes the bill, displaying the SUM, PST, GST and Total in the Java console. Make sure that you display the answer as follows:

Thanks guys!
First things first; if you are writing methods for a class, and you have to call those methods from a test class, then you are using objects. A Testing class isn't anything special per se; it's just another class which calls the methods on your other class. So, in this case, you have the BallPacker class, which is probably in a BallPacker.java file. The test class would be in another file (let's say BallPackerTest.java for fun) and would be a separate class (following the previous example, BallPackerTest).

The test class would have to call methods on BallPacker and check that they did what they were supposed to do. For the first question, the test class would call the method which takes in the three ints, then checks the result to make sure it's correct. If it isn't, it could print a message saying that something went wrong.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
First things first; if you are writing methods for a class, and you have to call those methods from a test class, then you are using objects. A Testing class isn't anything special per se; it's just another class which calls the methods on your other class. So, in this case, you have the BallPacker class, which is probably in a BallPacker.java file. The test class would be in another file (let's say BallPackerTest.java for fun) and would be a separate class (following the previous example, BallPackerTest).

The test class would have to call methods on BallPacker and check that they did what they were supposed to do. For the first question, the test class would call the method which takes in the three ints, then checks the result to make sure it's correct. If it isn't, it could print a message saying that something went wrong.
Alright, that makes a lot of sense. It's another file then. What format do I put the test senarios in and how do I get the test class to call the method?

Oh, and Thanks btw. This helps me out a lot.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Alright, that makes a lot of sense. It's another file then. What format do I put the test senarios in and how do I get the test class to call the method?

Oh, and Thanks btw. This helps me out a lot.
I can't really say what 'format' you would be putting them in...it depends on what you need to test. As for how to call it, somewhere within your test code:

BallPacker bp = new BallPacker();

int someReturnValue = bp.yourMethodHere();

// check if someReturnValue is ok here

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I can't really say what 'format' you would be putting them in...it depends on what you need to test. As for how to call it, somewhere within your test code:

BallPacker bp = new BallPacker();

int someReturnValue = bp.yourMethodHere();

// check if someReturnValue is ok here
There are still some things I don`t understand. Where do I put the imput for the method? Do I put some numbers in one of the sets of brackets that I'll know the answer to and check to see if the correct answer comes out? Or does the imput and output work like normal for the method? If so, what is difference of making the test file and simply running the program?

Should I set up an if statement to check if the answer is correct for me? Do I call the main multiple times if I want do 6 or more test cases? Do I need to change the imput parameters of the method for the test?

Sorry about all the questions, but I'm confused, and my lecture notes are of no help to me.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice

I hate to be a stickler but you dont need objects to run static methods. Since he said no objects I assumed he was creating static methods. But other wise yes if these methods are not static than you need to instantiate the object as you did in your next post.

There are still some things I don`t understand. Where do I put the imput for the method? Do I put some numbers in one of the sets of brackets that I'll know the answer to and check to see if the correct answer comes out? Or does the imput and output work like normal for the method? If so, what is difference of making the test file and simply running the program?

Should I set up an if statement to check if the answer is correct for me? Do I call the main multiple times if I want do 6 or more test cases? Do I need to change the imput parameters of the method for the test?

Sorry about all the questions, but I'm confused, and my lecture notes are of no help to me.
lets assume your Ballpacker method simply adds two values and has the following signature.

public (static?) int adder(v1,v2) //I called the method adder and it may or may not be static

In the test class simply create a main. From here ill assume the method is static.

public static main (blah, blah)
{
//Test case 1
//BallPacker here is not an object, this is how you call static methods, since they belong
//to the class
int result = BallPacker.adder(2,2);
if(result == 4)
{
System.out.println("Got the correct answer! :)");
}
else
{
System.out.println("Got the incorrect answer! :(");
}

///Now just add some more test cases following the same format

}

If the method is not static than youll have to do as Cam did previously and instantiate an object first than call the method.

Fogel

Smash Lord
I hate to be a stickler but you dont need objects to run static methods. Since he said no objects I assumed he was creating static methods. But other wise yes if these methods are not static than you need to instantiate the object as you did in your next post.
<Warning: useless argument, ignore if you are not Orlando>

The assignment wording specifically asked for a test class; even if you're using static methods, you have to be somewhat aware that you have another test class so that you can call the static methods on the first class. In the example code I gave, the method calls on the instance would have to be replaced with the class name (as you already showed below), so it's kind of the same in the end. BallPacker.add(...) is still confusing if you don't know how the objects work, regardless of whether it's a static method or not.

Java is an OO language; everything derives from an Object class. It seems counterproductive to use Java and then pretend that objects don't exist.

</useless argument>

Uh...just so everyone else has something to read...

I played my first Ultimate league game tonight (ie: outside), and it was very wet and cold. It got so cold that my breath started freezing towards the end. I actually made hot chocolate for myself when I got home, even though it's ******* June. On the upside, I had the seat on the bus home to myself, because no one wanted to sit next to me due to being all wet :) I'd better not get sick before Not Genesis because of this :(

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Wait so... did Moses leave our smash community permanently?

EDIT: Don't catch swine flu Cam!

EDIT2: Swine flu was old news, but since Health Ottawa sent a warning to schools saying not to go if you have flu symptoms, I figured it's popular again. Seriously. I lol'd.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Wait so... did Moses leave our smash community permanently?

EDIT: Don't catch swine flu Cam!
Seriously; read his old posts from before he was posting one liners in the Ottawa threads, it's like a whole new Moses. He said he'd be back though, I think he's just posting stuff for the lulz.

I'll try my best not to catch swine flu...I think that fad is over now anyway, isn't it? I haven't heard anything about it in awhile...

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
<Warning: useless argument, ignore if you are not Orlando>

The assignment wording specifically asked for a test class; even if you're using static methods, you have to be somewhat aware that you have another test class so that you can call the static methods on the first class. In the example code I gave, the method calls on the instance would have to be replaced with the class name (as you already showed below), so it's kind of the same in the end. BallPacker.add(...) is still confusing if you don't know how the objects work, regardless of whether it's a static method or not.

Java is an OO language; everything derives from an Object class. It seems counterproductive to use Java and then pretend that objects don't exist.

</useless argument>

Uh...just so everyone else has something to read...

I played my first Ultimate league game tonight (ie: outside), and it was very wet and cold. It got so cold that my breath started freezing towards the end. I actually made hot chocolate for myself when I got home, even though it's ******* June. On the upside, I had the seat on the bus home to myself, because no one wanted to sit next to me due to being all wet :) I'd better not get sick before Not Genesis because of this :(
I agree with everything you said. I was just pointing out that you need to create objects in order for the program to work.

PND

Smash Champion
Anyone else watch E3 so far?

Summary of Notable Nintendo Showings, as dictated by me:

DS
Golden Sun DS
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Kingdom Hearts DS
Cop: The Recruit
Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Wii
Wii Fit Plus
FF Crystal Chronicles
Dead Space: Extraction
The Conduit
Resident Evil: Umbre -- Waitaminute, Darkside Chronicles?
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Metroid: New M
Red Steel 2 + Wii Motion Plus
and finally. . .
Wii. . . vitality sensor / pulse reader? REALLY?!

Better than last year's showing, but doesn't touch Microsoft's so far. I'll watch and see how Sony does. If requested, I can provide a summary for Sony / Microsoft as well, for those who miss it. Also, I cut down on this post because I had reactions to every title as well. If anyone's curious, message me or something and I'll probably rant for a while about them.

UNRELATED: When I ended up returning to St.Kittz yesterday, there was a guy dressed exactly as Waldo at the bus terminal. I finally found him, gaiz.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
I saw most of the nintendo conference and some of the MS one. The natal project looks pretty cool and seems to blow the wii motion sensor out of the water with its non controller requirement. Although well see if an actual game can be made of this since so far a bunch of the ones shown were higher quality minigames.

I didnt catch the wii vitality sensor. lol is it really meant to read your pulse?

I also missed some other games you posted like galaxy 2, and resident evil but neither game sounds that interesting. The only game I would actually be interested in playing would probably be new super mario bros wii. I was watching the gameplay footage and it looks like it could have some lulz.

The ninja and nintendo team up is interesting but what does that mean for the old Metroid developer? Forgot what they were called.

All in all it was ok.

PND

Smash Champion
Retro, the developers of Prime, are working on a still unannounced sequel to a classic Nintendo franchise, from what I've been hearing. My bets are Zelda or Kid Icarus, but Star Fox would be sexy. Online/local coop in Star Fox? Yes please.

PND

Smash Champion
Golden Sun DS
I loved the previous games, so I'm really hyped for this. With the lack of a GBA slot on the DSi, though, I predict that they will eliminate the game link that I loved so much in the previous installments. The field graphics look a bit too cutesy for me, but the graphics are stunning. Not much else is known, but I'm extremely hyped for this game. I sat up in attention during the announcement of this.

Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Another Mario and Luigi RPG. I love this series, but it takes place INSIDE of Bowser. My first concern is how varied the envrionments could be, taking place entirely inside a dinosaur, but I have solace in watching how puzzles were solved. If, say, you're in the stomach and can't quite reach a certain part, you can direct Bowser to a pond via the top screen and instruct him to drink. This fills his stomach with water, allowing you to progress. It seems really clever, and I'm keeping my eye on this one to see how it pans out.

Kingdom Hearts DS
I stopped caring about this series after the first, to be honest. It just got too angsty for me, but I realize how big of a series this is. I won't get it, but for those interested, it looks fantastic, both visually and with the trace amounts of gameplay shown.

Cop: The Recruit
Grand theft auto type game with a cool visual style reminiscent of No More Heroes, but on DS. The story is really what grabbed me, basically being a newbie cop trying to stop a terrorist plot in a very over the top fashion. Seems kind of cool, but gameplay will make or break this game. I've got my eye on it.

Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Choo choo! It's Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on a train instead of a boat. Nothing new was shown, but it's Zelda, so it's almost assuredly quality.

Wii Fit Plus
It's Wii Fit. . . but you can build customized routines out of it. So it's basically what Wii Fit should have been, and something that you can do with the original wii fit and a bit of effort, for the price of a full release. Uh, pass.

FF Crystal Chronicles
Took away the charm from the original Crystal Chronicles that I enjoyed, and the trailer looked kind of stupid, to be blunt. Most of the problem was in the art direction and voice acting, but the abundance of airships intrigues me, as I love both Skies of Arcadia and Granstream Saga, and basically the whole "sky pirate" theme. The gameplay looked pretty good, so here's hoping the game has more gameplay than voice acting and story. I'll keep my eyes on it.

Dead Space: Extraction
This game looks hawt. I wasn't a fan of the original Dead Space on 360 due to pacing issues, but the atmosphere was great. This game takes the atmosphere, takes control of the pacing, and makes it a hardcore, fear inducing light gun romp. The campaign is promised to be over 8 hours, beating Umbrella Chronicles record of about 15 minutes, and looks to be fun, moody, and hard. I'm really hyped for this.

The Conduit
All over the gaming news, this has been one of Wii's biggest titles for a while. . . but I still feel a bit underwhelmed by it. The places in the demo looked very linear, and the level design seemed a bit bland and uninspired. The graphics look passable, but graphics don't matter much to be unless they significantly hamper gameplay. I'll keep my eye on it.

Resident Evil: Umbre -- Waitaminute, Darkside Chronicles?
Umbrella Chronicles 2, taking place during RE 2 and RE3. The original UC was fun, but lasted Dave and I less than a night. I sincerely hope this one lasts considerably longer, and if it does, then it will probably warrant a playthrough with a buddy. Plus you get to play as Leon and Claire, who IMO are 2 of the the top 3 RE protagonists. (The other being Jill)

New Super Mario Bros Wii
This game looks awesome. 4 player New Super Mario Bros, as competitive or cooperative as you want it to be. As long as this game has a lot of levels, it looks to be a blast to play through. NSMB on DS was fantastic, and this looks like more of the same, but with more players. I hope they ramp up the difficulty a tad, and make some cooperative based obstacles to overcome. I'll definitely be picking this game up.

Super Mario Galaxy 2
One was good, but not fantastic. It was the linearity and ease of it all that dragged it down, in my opinion. Hopefully this can curb that, but I doubt it. However, Yoshi is in. . . as a steed! Hellz yeah. I'll still be picking this up, but with a bit of skepticism.

Metroid: New M
3rd Person Metroid game developed by Team Ninja. Cut scenes look fantastic, but gameplay worries me. And Samus talks. I'll wait to see how it turns out, but I have my reservations about it.

Red Steel 2 + Wii Motion Plus
Looks promising, and it's bundled with Motion Plus. However, Red Steel 1 looked good, as well. I'm waiting on this one. Fool me once. . .

Wii Sports Result
Wait. . . they were championing THIS as a hardcore game? Nintendo. . . I think you need to work on your definitions a bit. Looks fun in short doses, like any minigame collection, but if it wasn't for Wii Motion Plus I would skip this entirely.

and finally. . .
Wii. . . vitality sensor / pulse reader? REALLY?!
LOLWTF. So we can play. . . with our pulse? Uhhh. . . k? I mean, I can see some Survival Horror implementations for this device, but for anything else it seems like the most epic fail ever. It's being used to "help unwind" or "help fall asleep". Well, the second part works like a charm because I wanted to take a nap during the presentation, and it hasn't even been released yet! Good job Nintendo! This will definitely sell systems in your target demographic of 85 - deceased. Wow, just. . . wow.

EDIT:
Final Fantasy 14 was just announced. 13's not even out yet. WTF. 13 looks pretty good, better than 12, at any rate. 14 looked cool, but it's online.

Sony just announced a Wii mote. Looks like a sex toy with a color changing tip

Sony had a good showing. I'd put it as: Microsoft >= Sony >> Nintendo

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
The movie is called Der Untergang. There are so many versions of that clip, its gotta be the most spoofed video of all time.

Id say they are bringing back Kid Icarus, star fox has had some new installments the last few years. Although they were all ****.

What did Sony have that beat out Nintendo out of curiosity? Anymore giant crabs :p?

PND

Smash Champion
Aside from the Wii-mote sex toy looking thing, they had FF13, FF14, God of War 3, The Last Guardian (Ico / SotC), Mag (FPS with 256 players at a time), Gran Turismo 5, New MGS for PSP, among some other showings. The ones I listed were the big ones, though. Surprisingly, I was impressed by the Kart racer developed by the Little Big Planet guys.

Oh, and they're "still" supporting the PS2.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Loving the rant, since I don't get whatever's showing it I don't think. For the record, I'd absolutely love to see a new Starfox out. Sure there's one on DS, but well...tis not the same. The new MGS being for PSP pisses me off a bit. I've been trying to get a PS3 for ages, and now they start releasing stuff for PSP too (Like Dissadia: Final Fantasy, which sounds cool)? Urk, my bank account can't support that, lol.

Top Bottom