• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

Suo

Smash Apprentice
I'd give it a shot, we can always try a few different combo's and see who clicks with one another for the commentating.

http://shoryuken.com/?p=621

*blatant SF4 advertisement* that link has some awesome footage of the new chars coming to console.

P.S. Ally is effing ridiculous! The pause at the end is the funniest part.

buenob

Smash Lord
so i've been watching the livestream of cat4 and dayum...

1) snakeee is the undisputed best zss player... alan, find some vids of him and learn... god dayum!
2) niko is lucky to be teaming with snakeee

lol

ally and holy are having difficulty in losers, and they're about to face niko/snakeee in the losers semi's... but at this level there's not a single bad player there

update: ally/holy just knocked out ninjalink+D1

nl has been playing a lot of rob lately, so when he brought out diddy vs holys rob I thought it was actually over, but man, holy/ally just keep on living and you can see they know eachother really well

anyways, epic matches, if you have the spare time, ustream.com/ecrclive is the new livestream and will start with holy/ally vs niko/snakeee in about 10 minutes

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cataclysm-4-live

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, the whole chat and commentators were really surprised. Well...then they turned and started calling him "Allah" and I got banned with like 300 people for no reason. :laugh:

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I got banned after randomly typing SHORYUKEN when someone told me to shut up...I wonder why

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Where was this tourney anyways? I was watching some friendlies/money matches, and they were awesome! We deffenently need to have annoncers for the matches. I'd be willing to be one of them, or at least a replacement one. I'm a drama kid at heart.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, the commentary was cool at times, I think NikoK did a bit too. I'm sure we could like, toy around with everyone trying it at some point or something who wanted to in order to find which duo works best.

PND

Smash Champion
So. . . voting results will be up tonight! (If you haven't sent me votes yet, you'd better do it soon!)

Hype.

I'll post the overall results here, but to avoid clutter on the boards, I'll post all responses in a group. You don't even have to join, I'll post the link and you can read through it at your whim and leisure.

jan

Smash Cadet
*blatant SF4 advertisement*
That's awesome! I'm totally maining Dan.

Speaking of the SF4 stick, my friend (also named Dan) said that he ordered the same stick you did from EB Games' site for only $150. That might still be in American dollars, but it could save you a bit of money if you switch your order to go with them.

buenob

Smash Lord
mike- how busy are you on friday? would you want to come in to town early and play some?

PND

Smash Champion
Yes, I want to. Will I be able to? That's what I'll need to find out. I'll see what I can do, because I really do want to.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
That's awesome! I'm totally maining Dan.
They finally got Dan *right* it looks like he'll actually be viable to play, and hilarious. Instead of garbage to play...and hilarious. :)

Speaking of the SF4 stick, my friend (also named Dan) said that he ordered the same stick you did from EB Games' site for only $150. That might still be in American dollars, but it could save you a bit of money if you switch your order to go with them.
Well, I ordered it off of Gamestop.com, which is the same as EB, they merged. The reason why it'll be so expensive is because 150$ american=175-180.00 Canadian, then 25 dollars shipping, then you also have to pay duty when it arrives at your doorstep, which will most likely be around 70-75 dollars.

Make sure your friend knows about the duty charges!

I'm glad you're excited for SF4 too Jan!:)

buenob

Smash Lord
hey, i'm excited about it too! and with everyone getting sticks I can actually play!!!!two!

dan has always been a fan favourite, i just hope they leave in his reverse raging demon

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Yeayuh!

It's funny I feel like I'm pulling a Harold and advertising SF4 (MK) all over the place. Except, then I realize that SF4 is actually competitive and worth playing.

I KID HAROLD!:):laugh::)

Ben are you still making a custom stick for yourself? DO IT!:)

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
m2k did a set against ally after the tournament, and ally won 2-0.

also, did you see that ****, fox grab release to upsmash? holy ****! I was already good in the match up, but this actually could put fox in my top 2 counterpicks against mk.

PND

Smash Champion
Some of them were actually really intense during the vote counting phase. Like, one person would be up, and then someone else would slowly creep up kind of thing.

Lots of data there, though. It was time consuming, to say the least.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
RESULTS ARE UP!
~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=672

No need to join the group, unless you want to. Feel free to comment in the messages section. Sorry about the formatting of the main part, I couldn't use HTML coding to make it look pretty.
Cool, I didn't think I would get any votes... I've always been one to fly under the radar. 1 vote for Trash Talker, 1 votes for Sexiest? Fogel, I think we should have a talk about something, lol.

I think we should have an honorable mention to FAN and his bank loans.
P.S. Marth is still a girl.

PND

Smash Champion
I'll probably update the moments section tomorrow sometime.

I stress probably, because work might hinder than process.

infomon

Smash Scientist
lol, thanks for doing that Mike, that was awesome :laugh:

tho I'll have to contest my "tech skill" winning..... I definitely do not have the most tech skill loll....... that should deffo go to all the melee'ers :laugh:

Oh, and did y'all see the cataclysm 4 results? Niko_K tied with Dark.Pch in singles :laugh: along with some other peach too.... mwahahahaha too good.... <3 niko

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Niko's peach makes me **** in my pants...

then is little brother makes me go cry in a corner -_-

buenob

Smash Lord
i may or may not have watched like 3 hours of it... and by may or may not have i mean I definitely did...

watching it was fun... i'd never watch that much online, but since it was live with some fun commentary it was like watching football.. well I don't watch football but you get the idea

plus i got niko to say my name to 500 people :)

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Boss repping luigi makes me **** in my pants.
That was totally uncool. Why don't you go hang yourself with your controller - I mean... no one likes a copy cat.

If you're bored like me, watch these vids!
Mindgames:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOQKTBzp1xo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1XMOLixxjA&feature=related
Lol Moments:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGwdYj1OhNY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBC4C7dvpI4&feature=related

IvanEva

Smash Ace
:( Everybody's raving about how awesome This Cataclysm 4 thingy was. I wish I saw it now.

Also, by going through their results thread, well, they need more love. It's full of all this crap going around Dark.Pch and others.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Cool, I didn't think I would get any votes... I've always been one to fly under the radar. 1 vote for Trash Talker, 1 votes for Sexiest? Fogel, I think we should have a talk about something, lol.

I think we should have an honorable mention to FAN and his bank loans.
P.S. Marth is still a girl.
That apples to apples just gets me going, what can I say?

edit: I just finished reading through all of the results, good job everyone on the lulz for 'best female smasher' category! Dark Arsenic/lvl 9 CPUs caught me off guard.

Top Bottom