• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

buenob

Smash Lord
yeah you timed that poorly... i would kill to do that... have you done it before?...

lol talk to me next year :)

PND

Smash Champion
Nope, never been outside of North America. I've been to every state, province, and capital though.

;_;

I want reggae, babes, booze, and sunshine. **** you Canada.

EDIT for alliteration: change that to beats, babes, booze, and beaches.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Nope, never been outside of North America. I've been to every state, province, and capital though.

;_;

I want reggae, babes, booze, and sunshine. **** you Canada.

EDIT for alliteration: change that to beats, babes, booze, and beaches.
You can have reggae, babes, booze and sunshine. All you need is a computer.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Jamaica sounds cool... I mean hot! I've never been lower than Philadelphia, let alone a warm place during the winter. I don't go on very many trips, but alas it is at a bad time financially.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, Jamaica sounds so much cooler and better than Florida, which is about as far away as I've gone.

And Mike, did you just do what I think you did......*shakes head* For shame, lol.

buenob

Smash Lord
who's going to cams tonight???

would there be room for me and a friend both in a car or at cams?

i can give extra gas money for sure

IvanEva

Smash Ace
You dudes all know that I'm gonna hit top tier by the end of winter! You'll see!
Perhaps you should say 'by the end of the OC Transpo strike' because I'll be keeping you back from top tier! PK FIRE!

Yeah, Jamaica sounds so much cooler and better than Florida, which is about as far away as I've gone.
I've been to both Jamaica and Florida and I have to say that I strongly prefer the latter's music.

I'm going to Cam's o/ I don't want to keep imposing favours on my dad, though ;-;
Fathers don't live forever. Use him while you can and then give your own son rides when he needs it. It's the right thing to do.

buenob

Smash Lord
lol it would be best if mike could get me, i also don't want to impose... so yeah, if mike can get us we're in, but if not we're just gonna stay here and drink// go see slum dog millionaire, dunno yet

i'll check back every once and a while for your answer mike... also my friend loves sonic so I'm hoping he will come to watch you play... his 2 characters are sonic and Ike, two guys i just can't do justice to

he also has a copy of apples 2 apples on him for some more epic lolz, and I could bring settlers of catan if anyone would want to play that

infomon

Smash Scientist
buenob just PM me ur # and I'll call you when I'm leaving.
Yea, I won't know if I get the car until I'm leaving.... that's how it works lol. But I'll most likely have the car :)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
And for anyone wondering, I don't think PNDMike and myself will be heading out there this week since sister's got some volleyball tourney in Kingston and isn't getting back with the car until like 11pm.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
GODDAMIT OC TRANSPO IS SO EFFING GARBAGE TIER....ahem...

So I just preordered the SF4 Tourney stick, it'll cost me around 250$ after shipping and duty, but this thing is beast, like exactly like the SF4 arcade cabinets.

I am too hyped for SF4!

joblin

Smash Apprentice
It's quite funny that people are getting bored of their mains and playing other characters, expanding the Ottawa play for sure.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
1. GODDAMIT OC TRANSPO IS SO EFFING GARBAGE TIER....ahem...

2. So I just preordered the SF4 Tourney stick, it'll cost me around 250$ after shipping and duty, but this thing is beast, like exactly like the SF4 arcade cabinets.

3. I am too hyped for SF4!
1. Quite the opposite, they're god tier. So powerful that they're banned.

2. Wow, $250 for a game that you haven't even played yet (as far as I know). That's dedication. Will it be enough for you to beat me? We'll have to find out when it comes out. ;)

3. I'm looking forward to it but I'm actually more interested in getting better at MK vs. DCU or Brawl than Street Fighter right now. I'm already the best at that. :laugh:

It's quite funny that people are getting bored of their mains and playing other characters, expanding the Ottawa play for sure.
It's not so much that we're getting bored of our mains as it is that we'd like to really try out the other characters. It's, like, we've only REALLY played 1/32nd (or however many characters are in the game...) of the actual game. It's very refreshing to take up a new character and try to learn him/her/Kirby.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fv2IsRoZhs

2.Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfwkivpw8-a

3.Listening to MDK during that, it makes me realize that we need commentators whenever we film. I think a commentating duo would suffice to build hype and explain what's going on to those who aren't quite sure.
1. Holy ****

2."The video you have requested is unavaliable" -_-

3. Kinda like Scar and Wife commentating on atches during the days melee was apart of MLG? I am so down for that...Hell, I would even volunteer for to do it myself, but I stutter (johns).

PND

Smash Champion
But you're also awesome. Hugh Grant stutters, and he's considered hot and charmingly befuddled.

I'd volunteer, but I'm moving away. On that note, Randy, would it be possible to get a guaranteed spot in the next Biweekly? I'll be here for it, but it will be my last. (fo sho this time)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
People commentating the matches would be all kinds of awesome, and someone like Randy doing it might well be hilarious and amazing. Could just randomly try groups of people until something sticks.

PND

Smash Champion
I think we'd need the duo of humor and knowledge. We'd also need sub commentators for when the commentators are playing matches.

*headache when thinking about it*

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
In fairness, some of it had to do with me thinking that since you're the dude with the camera, you should be allowed some say on whether you want to do some of it or not, man.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
2. Wow, $250 for a game that you haven't even played yet (as far as I know). That's dedication. Will it be enough for you to beat me? We'll have to find out when it comes out. ;)
Well I know SF4 will be beast, hopefully it will come to less than 250, but its already 175 american, and then I think I have to pay duty when it arrives, because nowhere in Canada is getting it, so I had to order from states.

I figure I can also use it for Blazblue/whatever other fighting games come out for PS3.

We need to create a strong SF4 scene Harold! Forget about MK, midway is soooo yesterday/bankrupt. Also did you see that latest glitch in MKDC where you can cancel almost all lag after an attack with the 3D button?

arsenic41

Smash Ace
But you're also awesome. Hugh Grant stutters, and he's considered hot and charmingly befuddled.

I'd volunteer, but I'm moving away. On that note, Randy, would it be possible to get a guaranteed spot in the next Biweekly? I'll be here for it, but it will be my last. (fo sho this time)
for sure man. Also...I vote ben on the second commentator, since he understands why people do certain moves.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
sounds like a challenge to me...alright guys, next 10 minutes we need this **** figured out.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Also did you see that latest glitch in MKDC where you can cancel almost all lag after an attack with the 3D button?
Shut up, shut up, shut up. I can't hear you. Nyah, nyah, nyah! *runs off crying*

Hey. Wait a second. Doesn't that make it more like... L CANCELING!? Melee fans rejoice! There's a new game in town that'll bring back all of the fun of Melee but with the added bonus of Superman!

buenob

Smash Lord
i'm down for some commentating... though it _can_ get distracting for the people paying, so i would only do it if both people wanted it...

and there needs to be some kind of "oh snap" hype guy with me... I'm not exuberant enough... i would go mason or PNDmike or derek... though I would have to vote for mason

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Shut up, shut up, shut up. I can't hear you. Nyah, nyah, nyah! *runs off crying*

Hey. Wait a second. Doesn't that make it more like... L CANCELING!? Melee fans rejoice! There's a new game in town that'll bring back all of the fun of Melee but with the added bonus of Superman!
there is only one thing though...MK vs DCU sucks.

Also, what we could do for commentating is that we comment on the replays of matches (kinda like the starcraft commentaries).

Fogel

Smash Lord
Amazing match; sooo much ridiculous stuff going on. I encourage everyone who hasn't watched this match to do so!

Humour and knowledge? That'd be what, Randy and someone? I dunno, Infzy? Fogel?
I appreciate the nomination, but as 6th worst in Ottawa, I am probably not the best candidate for knowledge on Brawl matches :) Also, I'm definitely not a 'hype' kind of person; we would need someone more excitable than me for the hype/humour part.

If people are serious about commenting on matches, I still have the original .avi files on my hard drive from last biweekly. The commentators could start by editing the audio on those if they wanted to.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, they could do that, or they could just like.....I dunno take a camera, put the replay up on the TV, and stand behind the camera and do commentary that way. Whatever one happens to be easier.

PND

Smash Champion
Cam, you have an awesome voice for commentating. I think Ben would be amazing for it as well. However, he is pretty much always 1st /2nd, so he'd never be able to commentate finals. I would be more than glad to do it, but once again. . . moving :(

Top Bottom