• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

IvanEva

Smash Ace
PAT! Nice! You're posting! Although, yeah, sucks that you won't be able to come on weekdays for a bit.

No, I've got nothing going on this Wednesday, I have work at 2:30pm.

Mike, PMing you our replies take away the fun of sharing them. I mean, I at least don't really care much about any sort of Smash Boards Canada Awards or whatever it is, but I'd like to see how we all view each other based on those categories.

Alan, tell me when you're ready for swimming 101 part 2. :)

PND

Smash Champion
I don't mind you guys sharing your responses after the awards have been issued, but I don't want responses altering people's answers. This is serious business, yo.

ie. Oh wow, PNDMike is winning overwhelmingly for sexiest smasher. I was going to vote for him, but now I'll vote for notPNDMike instead.

That skews results. And I'll be damned if I let you screw up my democracy! :chuckle:

infomon

Smash Scientist
it came baaaaack from the deeeeeead to kiiiillllll youuuuuuuu

She threw it just before she died. You can hear the throw sound if you listen carefully.

Fogel

Smash Lord
it came baaaaack from the deeeeeead to kiiiillllll youuuuuuuu

She threw it just before she died. You can hear the throw sound if you listen carefully.
Ah, good ear!

edit: It happens during the dying sound effect, so it's hard to notice if you aren't looking out for it.

jan

Smash Cadet
I suggest we start a discussion on whether or not Peach is ban-worthy because of this. It seems like the SBR thing to do. That random element is destroying competitive play!!

joblin

Smash Apprentice
And we should look into the Ice Climbers more thoroughly. Its 2v1 and that's just not acceptable. If the Ice Climbers have 2, Captain Falcon should have 3.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
We have to ban D3, G&W, Luigi, Olimar, and Kirby, too, then.
Waddle Toss
Judgment
Green Missile
Pluck
Stone

We also have to ban running because of tripping.

Any rebuttals?

rc-80

Smash Rookie
I might not be coming this Friday but I'll tell you guys if i am. I probably will though.

jan

Smash Cadet
Joblin: Ice Climbers players will have to suicide Nana at the beginning of each stock, but that's only if Ice Climbers aren't banned outright. That, or both players will have to agree to use Ice Climbers, so that it's a fair match.

LinkShot: Good observations, and good catch on Kirby. We can't have any random events in competitive Brawl. DeDeDe, Game & Watch, Luigi, Olimar, and Kirby are now banned from competitive play.

I was also thinking that since Samus can change to Zero Suit, but not the other way around, that transformation moves should be banned. Zelda/Shiek players have to choose just one of them, although banning them both may be necessary to prevent accidental transformations. Obviously, Pokemon Trainer would be banned in this case due to involuntary switching after losing a stock.

Also, I know we all thought Smashville was neutral, but based on the randomness of balloons, it could provide an unfair advantage and be unnecessarily distracting. Not to mention K.K. Rider's appearance may cause problems if a tournament match is being played at 8pm on a Saturday.

Thanks for the input so far. This may take a while to figure out, but I think we can find an appropriate rule set to eliminate every random event from this game and make it truly competitive!

Fogel

Smash Lord
Another reason to ban Game & Watch is the random food in random trajectories. Two moves with randomness = double ban!

I propose some new bans:

Peach's down-b pulls out random things -> banned.

Luigi's forward-b can randomly misfire -> random -> also banned.

Going random character = obviously random = BAN

I vote ROB should be banned because you can change colours. Different colour = different top = different item = broken = ****ing BANNED!

Snake on Shadow Moses Island can communicate with people outside the game. He might be asking for help in the current matchup, or getting cheats off GameFAQs from them...that is surely against the competitive spirit of the game, so BANNED.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Kirby's stone changes hitboxes randomly! Olimar plucks randomly coloured Pikmin! Peach also has a randomly shifting fSmash!

Also, instead of banning PT and Z/S, let's just ban Zamus. Her items can change colour, too!

Anybody with an item should be banned because items defeat competitive play! Ban Diddy, Link, Toon Link, Snake, Peach, G&W, ROB, Zamus, Wario!

So far we've banned 13 characters. Keep 'em coming!

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Sonic: creates a bouncer (similar to Bumper and/or Spring item).

Pikachu/Jigglypuff: different color -> different hats = distracting = ban!

Falco/Wolf/Fox: use blasters.

Captain Falcon has an anti-ban shield of pure fiery manliness.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
We should also ban tripping. Any player who is caught tripping is obviously abusing the games random tripping generator, and should be permabanned from the ottawa scene.

This also brings up the coin launcher mode, since the enemies are random and the trophies that show up are random, they should be banned as well.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
the constantly changing sunlight in the background of battlefield hurts my eyes..BANNED!

rc-80

Smash Rookie
Ganon, Link and... nah, not Captain falcon but other two low tier distractiveness.... banned!

rc-80

Smash Rookie
If I type in... PikachUUU PikachUUU pikachUUU or Beyyye beyyye beyyye spaming on this thread?

buenob

Smash Lord
i got an infraction on the rob boards for double posting... i freakin' tripple posted once in the old ottawa thread so i had no idea that itself was wrong until just last week...

ah well...

who's up for Lazer Quest end of Feb? this month i'm booked but I had a blast last time and am determined to make it out again

rc-80

Smash Rookie
I'm going to the all night lazer quest at the end of January, oh and I didn't know i couldnt double post. Should I edit my post or somthing if I have somthing eles to say?

PND

Smash Champion
I don't see anything wrong with double posting providing there's a significant enough period of time between the posts.

I also moved the voting discussion over here, per Randy's request.

Orlando was such a big, integral part of the scene, does anyone have an idea if he still looks here? I'd love to get his votes (as well as the few others I'm missing.) It wouldn't feel complete without his input. That being said, I did set a deadline. Next Monday @ around 7:00 I'll post the results, if not sooner. I say around 7 because work might mess my projected time up a bit.

rc-80

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know how to do Pikascar with Pikachu? It's a kind of go through floor glitch with pikachu

buenob

Smash Lord
it's rediculously difficult, and I Know of it, but cannot for the life of me reproduce it... it's something about angled ledges like bf, fd and smashville... honestly it's only really effective with wolf, pikachu actually has better optoins with teh QUACK

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Patrick has been very random in general and now on the boards

Patrick=ban

Also, feel free to post my votes after the awards are done, Mike.

Top Bottom