• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

PND

Smash Champion
Ariel*, I'm glad you gave me permission to. Some of your comments were golden and deserved to be shared. :)

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Honestly the titles are meaningless. And I think I've double posted once. I never knew it was bannable but thought it was just frowned upon, sort of like an unwritten rule.

I'd love to go Laser Tagging for February seeing how I'm pretty booked for the end of January.

buenob

Smash Lord
fortunately for me, people usually just go by the join date :)

i wish my answers were more epic now lol... oh well... of course feel free to share my answers

ps - lazer quest was @#$^ fantastic guys, it's a good workout + tonnes of fun and you meet some very interesting new people... i owe some rando dude 5 bucks 'cause he overpaid our cab... I fully intend on repaying him if we ever cross paths again too lol

Metà

Smash Master
Advertising!

SFU Tri-Smash 3 - Burnaby, BC
Date: sometime late April, saturday + sunday (when we're done with exams lol)

This is going to be the biggest tournament we've ever hosted in BC (all 3 smash games included), and I'd really like to see some EC attendance at this one. We just held Tri-Smash 2 on the weekend, and it was fairly awesome despite poor attendance (huge snowfall, many people couldn't make it). This one is going to be very big though, provided enough people actually get their sh*t together and travel.

tl;dr: Huge tournament in BC, 64/Melee/Brawl, 2 days, plz come

PND

Smash Champion
You know, you guys can feel free and post more in depth if you want, or correct whatever.

I don't mind, I'm not a tyrant.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Kirby's stone changes hitboxes randomly!
Wait, what? Change hitboxes? What do you mean? I mean, I know he changes form from time to time but what difference do his forms make? One sends you up, the other to the side or something? This is new to me (not that anybody plays Kirby here).

If I type in... PikachUUU PikachUUU pikachUUU or Beyyye beyyye beyyye spaming on this thread?
If it was anybody else we'd consider it spamming but since you are to us what Kirby is to the rest of the Brawl roster (Hiiiiii, hiiiiiii, hiiiii, hiiiii, hiiiii, etc.) we can all chuckle it off with an "Oh, Patrick." followed by the audience laughing.

1. I don't see anything wrong with double posting providing there's a significant enough period of time between the posts.

2. Orlando was such a big, integral part of the scene, does anyone have an idea if he still looks here?
1. I agree although editing a post with big shiny colours/letters/etc. may be a better option to get attention to its edits.

2. I'm sure he does, just slightly less than usual. You can take the Orlando out of Brawl but you can't take the Brawl out of Orlando... or something like that.

Does anyone know how to do Pikascar with Pikachu? It's a kind of go through floor glitch with pikachu
Pikachu's had enough scars already...

Randy: apparently your mother called wondering where you were. I didn't get the call but I'm assuming she must have been pissed (and how does she know my number...). I'm scared for your life now; I know how angry Chinese women deal with things...

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Actually, speaking of all this ban non-sense, I was thinking we should do (no, really) a 'No items, Fox only, Final Destination' touney (more than likely on a non-bi-weekly week...) where the rules are, obviously, no items, Fox only, and only on Final Destination. Since counterpicking is thus impossible, the timer would be moved up to 10 minutes and stocks up to 5. No, really.

See, I think it'll a cool way of seeing how we all fare on completely equal footing. Yes, we'd have to give Fox a whirl or two before we go in (as a bit of Fox practice would help...) but he's not exactly the most complicated character to pick up so I think it'd work out nicely. I, at least, am comfident that I can beat anybody else's Fox no problem. Yup.

So, what you do guys think? Willing to put money on it?

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Can the Fox magically turn into a Wolf? I'll do the Fox thing but I'm not willing to put money on it. My predictions on winner is either Orlando or Alan on this one.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Ariel*, I'm glad you gave me permission to. Some of your comments were golden and deserved to be shared. :)

I actually deleted a lot of my comments before I sent them to you, because I thought that you wouldn't care for reading my thoughts, so I only left in a few.

EDIT: I am not down for this fox thing. This is because with no items I cannot call on my landmaster, which is an integral part of my gameplay as fox. I'm sorry, but Final Destination w/o items does not allow every playstyle and therefore I am adamant in not joining. It's just not neutral enough.

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
I've been looking for a way to make some easy beer money, and a fox only tourney sounds much better then sellng my body and/or illegal substances...

We should make it 10 dollar entry.... Please?

arsenic41

Smash Ace
The day Infzy is good at the game is the day where we have all died from laughing at the notion of infzy being good at the game.

(is it working?)

Fogel

Smash Lord
<Current PR #1> is terrible and I will beat them easily next biweekly! <Team that got #1 last biweekly> sucks and my team would happily take them on in a $50 cash match! My <insert main here> will destroy you all! I'm going to top tier on the PR, just you watch!

I don't need to ask if I'm doing this right, because I'm soooooo good at it already!

arsenic41

Smash Ace
<Current PR #1> is terrible and I will beat them easily next biweekly! <Team that got #1 last biweekly> sucks and my team would happily take them on in a $50 cash match! My <insert main here> will destroy you all! I'm going to top tier on the PR, just you watch!

I don't need to ask if I'm doing this right, because I'm soooooo good at it already!
Cam's fear aura made me **** in my pants.

Remilia Scarlet

Smash Cadet
RILEY!

After the first week of school, there has been stupendous turnout for DotA at the following times:
Mon & Wed @ 4:00 until like 6
Tue & Thurs @ 11:30-2:30, and sometimes at 4:30 until like 6

All in the gamedev lab. Hmmm. it'll be a good year for getting work done at school indeed.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
RILEY!

After the first week of school, there has been stupendous turnout for DotA at the following times:
Mon & Wed @ 4:00 until like 6
Tue & Thurs @ 11:30-2:30, and sometimes at 4:30 until like 6

All in the gamedev lab. Hmmm. it'll be a good year for getting work done at school indeed.
Gamedev where? Carleton?

PND

Smash Champion
Hey, does anyone have an extra $550 and feel like going to Jamaica for a week, all inclusive? [serious question]

I need a warm vacation and buddies to go with, and my immediate crew is broke ;_;

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Jamaica sounds awesome but well, if I didn't have the $300+ for a PS3, probably don't have $550, oh and the whole not having my passport bit too, lol. Break from winter would be awesome though.

PND

Smash Champion
:(

Well, Dave isn't broke. I'll ask him tomorrow. Sunshine + chicas + free food / drinks = bad news bears.

If I return with my kidneys and /or a working liver, someone please slap me (and possible sedate me, take those organs and return them to the beach, please)

EDIT: Ah, ****, I forgot about university possibly getting in the way. Not for me, but for others.

Top Bottom