• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Candy wins out everytime. Also, thanks for the heads up PND. Yeah it is listed in my availability.

Wait, what if I go in to buy candy? It'd be pretty awkward but... could I still get fired?

PND

Smash Champion
Nope. They CANNOT fire you if it's in your availability. It's the managers fault for the scheduling conflict.

EDIT: The managers will probably TRY and bully you into being fired, but legally they can't unless you've been working there for under 2 weeks, or whatever their probationary period is. Don't let them bully you.

buenob

Smash Lord
If you can send me that for jobs that don't require a finished degree too that would be awesome...

Fogel

Smash Lord
IvanEva here:

The results of the Brawl Halloween Tournament (which turned out great, although attendance was low):

1. SAUS (Link/Marth)
2. IvanEva (Lucas/Pokémon Trainer)
3. Moses (Marth/Metaknight)
4. Zylem (Luigi)
5. Infzy (Ice Climbers/Sonic)
5. Linkshot (Mario)
7. Fogel (Marth/Fox)
7. Jazriel (Captain Falcon)
9. Jobin (Captain Falcon/Game and Watch/Wolf)

Looking at the results is pretty interesting, no? Despite "broken" items and stages the results are still very consistant with how we place in the SBR-Brawl matches...

Hopefully we'll one day get to do another All-Brawl tournament as I had blast with this one. And hey, All-Brawl evens out the characters a lot. :p

joblin

Smash Apprentice
I think attendance was a good size. The item gods were against me tonight... I'm just at the border of competitive play and casual play like if you were too good for hard mode yet not good enough for expert mode in either GH or RB.

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
Hey all.. sorry I couldn't make it. You didn't want me to come anyway

As for fun activities tomorrow, I have (if a second wii is brought) two wii setups with various games (modded), a swr setup which can double as emulation fun times, a piano, many acoustic guitars, an electric bass, balderdash, Cootie, and thats pretty much it.

showing up around 1:00 is keen. I'll PM directions now.

Oh yeah, my parents know that I tell people they can just come in and find their way to the attic. It's kinda hidden so good luck. Someone should answer the door anyway, but in the event that they dont, come explore. Nothing to fear.

jan

Smash Cadet
That hack is pretty awesome! Well, the music one, anyway! I'll try setting that up to avoid having to listen to the horrible music of Smashville ever again. And the music on Battlefield has gotten pretty old by this point, too.

Fogel: Yup, you do all that with Ocarina. Just type in a random character's name with "super" and you get stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPuKDRsy-d4

Weezy47

Smash Rookie
That hack is pretty awesome! Well, the music one, anyway! I'll try setting that up to avoid having to listen to the horrible music of Smashville ever again. And the music on Battlefield has gotten pretty old by this point, too.

Fogel: Yup, you do all that with Ocarina. Just type in a random character's name with "super" and you get stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPuKDRsy-d4
o.o that was crazy and awesome

joblin

Smash Apprentice
That would be cool and all but most of the B moves freeze Brawl and I think All-Brawl was scary enough.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Speaking of scary...I would be up for some smash sometime during the week (do you see the connection? me neither)

buenob

Smash Lord
w00t MDK is coming to OiN2... looks like placing top 10 in this is going to be a good challenge :)

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Whoa o.o I played Jiggs just now (random) and ended up Ken-comboing Luigi (in a 10-stock FFA). It was pwnsauce. Prolly won't take her up, but I see how good she is now. Hang in there, PNDMike! I support your Jiggs!

PND

Smash Champion
Yeah, I've actually recommitted to her lately. She's the only thing keeping me interested in Brawl.

I also made it into the Jiggs back room, so yeah. That's pretty much why my post count has skyrocketed recently.

PND

Smash Champion
I think most character boards have 'em.

Yeah, I've come to the realization that Jiggs is my best, and I feel that I was doing better with her exclusively than my high tier secondaries. So I've pretty much decided to stick as Jiggs from now on. I'll probably keep Snake / Falco as secondaries for her extremely tough match ups or doubles (because who wants to be partnered with a Jiggs?)

It's been a long time coming, but Jiggs is back.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Hear hear! My ZSS is coming back as secondary, and Mario is staying secondary. Lucario mains the front.

Moses will be tough. I'll be caught between disjointed unclankable fSmashing whorenado or caping Shuttle Loop for a gimp. And if I go Mario, I'm doomed to Marth torture. My Lucario is still troubled by Marth, so I'd have to go ZSS for that, but ZSS doesn't go well against Meta Knight because he's so small.

I guess I'll go in as Lucario. If worst comes to worst, I can still counterpick his character. I keep thinking it's character character stage x.x

It doesn't really matter, because this week is casual, but I still want to have a plan.

Do any of you think my Lucario needs more practice? o.o

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Don't think so much Alan, believe in your own ability, and never stop striving to improve.

Noone in Ottawa has reached the pinnacle of our chosen character, that's what I believe, so we can all always practice more and improve.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Derek does as well as he does because he practices so much, and actually thinks a lot about how to do stuff in this game. Most of us don't seem to practice much, so that's why Derek owns all of us. It never hurts to practice more! (Unless you practice so much that it impedes on other important things...)

Top Bottom