• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

Matt07

Smash Master
I, as well will be attending this Friday. I haven't been to one in 2 weeks and I miss you guys :(. Haha, be prepared to face my Mario.

And I vote for a biweekly too. I'll be bringing a TV and Wii. Hopefully we get enough people to use it though :).

Fogel

Smash Lord
Looks like there is a decent amount of interest for a biweekly. Just in case it fills up, I guess I'll start taking registrations now. I'll put down people who were interested earlier, and PNDMike gets a reserved spot due to coming from out of town, of course :)

acjamn2: Yes, anyone can join. Read the first post of this thread for more details. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll give you my address (don't want to post it in the thread).

Tyler: I'm definitely up for BB! I'm sure Randy and Ben would be down as well.

Currently registered:

1) PND (Special Reserved Kingston Slot)
2) Linkshot
3) LivewiresXe
4) Matt07
5) Arsenic?
6) acjamn2?
7) CvO

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
I must agree. Smash 64 is P.I.M.P.

On a separate note, I'll be coming this friday :) Ben, I think Bosak and Bryant are teaming, would you be interested in teaming with me? (provided you come, of course...)

swordgard

Smash Hero
Me and some mtl people are going to go to some biweekly whenever i can fit it in my schedule, probably in november. When are these in november?

buenob

Smash Lord
sign me up plz...

yeah man I'll team with you for shizzle haze... though I expect 1st place :)

edit: any chance you guys could pick me up on your way out there?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Nice, Fogel. I actually didn't know Randy really played BB much, though I know Ben's a freaking beast at it.

And the only thing more pimp than smash 64 is Goldeneye. Seriously, I forgot just how good that game was until my brother came back for Thanksgiving and we played it the whole weekend. :chuckle:

Fogel

Smash Lord
Currently registered:

1) PND (Special Reserved Kingston Slot)
2) Linkshot
3) LivewiresXe
4) Matt07
5) Arsenic?
6) acjamn2?
7) CvO
8) Haze
9) Knuckles?
10) Buenob

Me and some mtl people are going to go to some biweekly whenever i can fit it in my schedule, probably in november. When are these in november?
I suppose if we follow this schedule, the biweeklies would be on the 7th and the 21st. Fair warning: these are only $3 tournaments. If you are coming up expecting to win big money, you will be disappointed :)

Nice, Fogel. I actually didn't know Randy really played BB much, though I know Ben's a freaking beast at it.

And the only thing more pimp than smash 64 is Goldeneye. Seriously, I forgot just how good that game was until my brother came back for Thanksgiving and we played it the whole weekend. :chuckle:
I forgot last time; Derek plays BB as well.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
sign me up yo.

Also, we should plan some shennanigans together for this special off-weekly.

Matt07

Smash Master
Randy don't gooo Fox :(, I don't want to get wrecked again :p.

For sheninigans weren't you guys planning on doing 100 nugget challenge at McDonald's?

PND

Smash Champion
When my crew came down last to visit me in Pictonchat, they left one metric ****-tonne of booze. I'm not sure what kind of shenanigans you're thinking of, but I can only assume that will act as an awesome catalyst.

buenob

Smash Lord
i work saturday morning but I will tank it for shizzle :) saturday night needs to happen too (but plans can be made later)

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
I am definately coming on friday.

And I want to play some money matches!

Ben - I wasnt going to worry about who im teaming with until friday but... it sounds like you dont mind teaming with Haze? Money match? Yes I will give youa ride... You should probably remind me on friday just in case...

Bosak - I wasnt going to worry about who im teaming with until friday but... Are we teaming? And money matching? You should stay longer :(

I'm psyched.

Matt07

Smash Master
I'm psyched for this too! I'll be bringing extra money in case we have mini crew battles (that was a BLAST lol), and money matches. Fear the Mario haha!

I want some hardcore training this week, I wanna get really good before (or even if I go) to Only in Niagara.

Important! I accidently brought home a silver controller with the twist tie on it (I think Bryant's controller?) I apologize for not checking the cords before hand :(. I'll be bringing paper and tape so I can stick my name on my controller and not get it mixed up. Ottawa has a thing for silver controllers lol.

PND

Smash Champion
Okay, I won't be getting into K town until like 6ish, so provided I leave at that time with Tyler I should be able to make it to Cam's around 6:30ish to 6:45, hopefully. Which means I'll need massive warmup, lol.

Bryant: I was assuming we were teaming, mostly because I want to win moneyz lol. If you'd prefer to team with Ben, I'm sure I can find another partner, but it won't be the same. I need you. You need me. Together we're dynamite, baby. [/creepy]

On a more (y so) serious note, not to sound like a ****, but unless Wilman shows up from Japan land to team with Ben, I think Bryant and I should be given top seeding in doubles. Our big tourney results have been consistently high, and we've beat some notable Canadian teams. Like I said, not to sound like a ****, but I feel that's fair.

And I'll probably MM if I have enough spare $$$$. And I hope I can stay longer, I'm trying to convince my ride.

Matt07

Smash Master
Oooo, Mike is stepping it up with the trash talking! Haha, I'm kidding.

Umm I'll probably show up around the same time as Mike, but if I show up any earlier it'll probably be around 6:00, the earliest.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Okay, that works man. I can just practice BB or something, anyway, lol. And yes, Ottawa does seem to have a thing for Silver controllers. Reminds me, nobody's short a controller from BISB2 or whatever, and would need one, do they? Because I can bring my black one along too if anyone needs it.

PND

Smash Champion
Possible awesome: Turns out my mom IS staying until Sunday, so if I can get a ride from Ottawa to Ktown on Sunday, I can hang out Saturday night.

buenob

Smash Lord
as long as haze and I have bottom seed I'm fine with you guys having top seed :) lol jkz

depending on who riley goes, I will either be playing as rob, zamus, samus, or toon link

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Moses owes Cam ~20$ and a controller. I don't think he's coming back and really, stealing someone's controller(espcially from the host) is just low.

Anyways, stage list?

I also wouldn't mind doubles this time around. Ben's persistence has convinced me to give it another shot, so any takers? Will be going DK.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
If Dave doesn't show up, we'll try out Team Creationism VS Evolution.

Also, I'm hoping Moses is simply swamped by school and unable to show up :/
As opposed to pulling such a stunt.

buenob

Smash Lord
stroumbert just uploaded the friendly bo3 I had with him to youtube... some epic absolutely no camping rob vs. falco... he won in the end, but it coulda gone either way every game... (especially the last where I had him in a dtilt lock but wasn't expect it... it's ok though, he had me in one the match before and also wasn't prepared for it)

for those who want to know how to get in on falco's lasers, just read the opponent and you can catch him on a shdl when he moves forwards, you'll notice dash->shield->grab works if you read right... also, his falco is exactly like randys (minus the random tech-skill practice in the middle)

ps. this is gonna be epic!.. dk/pit is a solid combo, so i would suggest afro going with cvo... that would make the teams

cvo (dk) + afro (pit)
knuckles (mk) + pndmike (snake)
buenob (rob) + haze (diddy/marth)
hidef (kirby) + linkshot (lucario)

then we still have fogel, arsenic, saus (if he shows), matt07 and our new guy :) definitely contenders in there... I'm glad you shottied first seed lol :)

PND

Smash Champion
Ottawa's2gud4reelz

Can't wait to get some quality matches in. And Ottawa's definitely improving in skill -- remember back when Ben was the only contender? Now look at that list there, all quality players / teams. Ottawa's definitely growing in skill, even our attendance has started to drop.

Also, what is up with there being such high turnout when I'm around? Am I really THAT awesome? :laugh: <3 y'all

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I think as of now Matt and I are teaming, but well...could be slightly wrong about that.

Edit: And you tend to keep things really upbeat when you're around I think. Plus oddly enough I notice we've seemed to get new people deciding to introduce themselves more often when you're around than when you're not.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
HOLY **** ARSENE!?! I thought you died!

@Mike: Remeber the time when Derek and I were the only contenders? because I sure don't

Top Bottom