• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

Matt07

Smash Master
Me and Tyler are teaming for sure :).

And haha, and thanks Mike for reminding me I should buy some drinks for this weekend :laugh:. I'm scrambling to finish all my homework tomorrow, and just relax all weekend!

Fogel

Smash Lord
Since people are talking about teams, just FYI that I probably won't be playing in the tournaments for a few weeks. I'm on a self-inflicted Go training regimen for the tournament in November, so I will most likely be playing Go matches during the biweekly. If anyone was expecting to team with me, might want to make other plans :/

Also, I checked Moses' account on AiB and it looks like he's still playing online, so we may see him around eventually. It is kind of lame to disappear for two months while owing me money/a controller though.

Randy: I still owe you $3 for HitH, remind me on Friday if I forget.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
The turnout looks pretty good. Ill see what I can do about making it. No guarantees though.

Managed to get in a few games last week and got somewhat of an urge to play this week. Hella rusty though.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
So then, my possible partners are Arsene or Orlando? Or if they team up, then no one I suppose?

EDIT:

So the currently projected entrants are:

1) PND (Special Reserved Kingston Slot)
2) Linkshot
3) LivewiresXe
4) Matt07
5) Arsenic
6) acjamn2
7) CvO
8) Haze
9) Knuckles
10) Buenob
11) SAUS
12) HiDef
13) Afroboy
14) SoLn

Looks good, though a tad empty without Fogel. But at least you'll end up killing at the Go tournament =P

EDIT2: I say screw doubles and have an SF2 crew match instead

Fogel

Smash Lord
So then, my possible partners are Arsene or Orlando? Or if they team up, then no one I suppose?

EDIT:

So the currently projected entrants are:

1) PND (Special Reserved Kingston Slot)
2) Linkshot
3) LivewiresXe
4) Matt07
5) Arsenic
6) acjamn2
7) CvO
8) Haze
9) Knuckles
10) Buenob
11) SAUS
12) HiDef
13) Afroboy
14) SoLn

Looks good, though a tad empty without Fogel. But at least you'll end up killing at the Go tournament =P

EDIT2: I say screw doubles and have an SF2 crew match instead
Registration list looks pretty complete to me, except that acjamn2 said he wouldn't be able to make it this week. That doesn't really impact the teams listed earlier though.

Also, we definitely need to play some SF2 on Friday. Those were fun matches last month :)

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I agree. I have been pretty busy with school and such, but I wanted to get together for some more matches so this will be a pretty good opportunity. I can bring back Flow, too.

Afro Boy2000

Smash Journeyman
Haha I like this. I wont be able to stay for both singles and doubles though, so which are we starting with? I mind for either.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Haha I like this. I wont be able to stay for both singles and doubles though, so which are we starting with? I mind for either.
You don't like doubles OR singles? Oh wait, you're probably just going for SF2 then =)

Anyways, he brings up a good point. Doubles or Singles first? The wisdom of pennies has never failed me, after flipping a coin just now, I am voting doubles first.

buenob

Smash Lord
doubles first!! that's how it usually goes... I don't mine either way.. if you're worried about time, doubles takes less time (half as many entrants) but if you _could_ stay for singles and wanted to stay for longer then we should do singles first... really we're all doing both regardless so I don't mind leaving the decision up to you afro

Darkbeast666

Smash Rookie
I plan on showing up tomorrow, I'm just a bit uncertain if I actually can. I'll post again when I have a better idea of the situation. I hope I can make it though, it seems like there are going to be so many people attending.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@Arsene- Why can't you stay for both? It is a Friday afterall. Well anyways, I'll be fine with whatever you want. I am just in the mood for some smash(and sf2 crew matches =P)

@Justin- Are you entering?

@Everyone- Honestly you guys, we should totally do SF2 crew match. Come on...!

EDIT: Winning team will get a muffin =P

Darkbeast666

Smash Rookie
Oh my god a muffin for winning first place! I'm definitely going to be there then. It turns out I'm available and I guess if there's a free spot then sure I'd enter the bi-weekly.

buenob

Smash Lord
@knuckles - you guys have my number... im' gonna be at work until 5pm, if you need to pick me up from there i'll have my controller with me, and can text you directions (it's like 1 block south of westborro station, so super close to my place)

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Oh snap sf2? Too good, especially on the ps3 where the dpad isnt a complete pos. If im there, i can team with you Randy.

PND

Smash Champion
Tyler, I'll text you when I'm about half an hour away from Ktown, does that give you enough time?

(Yes, I'm actually charging my phone! It's crazy, I know. . . I only ever charge it when I'm gonna be traveling lol)

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Yes, we are. After singles, then doubles I presume. Perhaps, if there's time after that, then... sf2 crewmatches?!?

Darkbeast666

Smash Rookie
Darn, so forget what I said about showing up, I got home from work and I feel like I'm going to pass out soon. Next week I don't have much of a shift so it seems way more likely. ugh I feel bad cause I wanted to do something today but I don't really feel like moving. Have fun guys, see you next week.

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts!!!!!

Cam - Yay! you're hosting again! We need you out on the scene as soon as Go is over!
Ben - Man... we shoulda had it!! Haha fun times though "STAY AWAY FROM THE LEDGE"
Puff Balls - Beast of a team. Fack, GGs
Matt - Never got to play you, but your mario seems beast. We have to play soon.
Derek - Epic Joel Combo. :(

That is all for now, I think. I am le tired, I will look over it in the morning.

Matt07

Smash Master
Shoutouts!

Cam: Thanks for hosting this! I had a blast.
Ben: Good games, we didn't play that many but hopefully next time.
Bryant: Wooow amazing games, there so intense, and fun! I definately noticed you improved your DI this time around too, awesome stuff, amazing MK!
Linkshot: Your Lucario is sooooo good, man you wrecked me in singles! I'm gonna need some Lucario match-up experience.
Tyler: Thanks for teaming with me, had fun. And nice friendlies too.
Mike/Jiggernaut: You guys wrecked us in teams good stuff! I also loved your texture hacks Mike, their amazing. And thanks for installing Homebrew on my Wii.
Randy/Derek: Good stuff in teams, had fun playing you guys. Random=too good.
Haze: Thanks, but my Mario still needs some work as shown from my results from tonight, gotta step it uppp. And wow, your Diddy is soo aggressive, and fast. It's amazing! And yes I definately wanted to play you, but never got the chance to ask you! For sure next time!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
R-R-R-Results!

Singles
1 & 2. buenob and Knuckles (split)
3. PNDMike
4. SAUS
5 & 6. braH and Haze
Other entrants I'm not sure of placement:
Linkshot
HiDef
Zylem
AfroBoy
Arsenic
Matt
LivewiresXe
Jiggernaut

Doubles
1. Puffy Blue Balls (HiDef+Linkshot)
2. Narcoleptic <something> (buenob+Haze)
3. Bare-Knuckle Boxing (Knuckles+PNDMike)
Other entrants:
mm (LivewiresXe + Matt)
I'm gonna let you finish, but we're the best team of all time (Zylem + braH)
<not sure of team name> (PNDMike + Jiggernaut) [yes, he joined two separate teams]
SAUSenic (SAUS + Arsenic)

Clarifications here?

buenob

Smash Lord
we were team spamalot, narcoleptic was mik/jigg

matt: awesome games, you learn from every match, things are getting more difficult :) we def. need to play more
ariel: we will play some next time... we'll beat tornado, together!
bryant: good job on coming first/second... we will definitely play some more
dave: good **** on your playing, definitely always give me a hard time with your stupid tilts
riley: lol good times :) spamalot will eventually make a recurrance
jiggernaut: didn't play you once :(
orlando: lol fun as always, though your rust is showing :p
tyler: good matches, you're still falling for my tricks, but when i legit leave myself open, you beat me, it's just a bit more matchup experience before i'm sweating playing you
randy: i'll help you build that artifact deck next time
afro!: also rusty I think, but good matches, hope to see you soon

@cam : thank you so much for hosting :) good times as always... I hope that we didn't keep you up too late, and I'm looking forward to playing go with you soon... i think i'll be hitting up the tournament mid nov. too, but i'll see what work is like

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I have to say, it was good to be back and to see everyone again, and thanks for hosting again Cam.

Bryant: Your MK is still beastly, and really mopped the floor with me that first match. Thought I had you on Stadium there for a second, lol. But good games, I think it helped me with the matchup.

Ben: The simple fact you went normal Samus was a giant mindgame in itself. It's obviously a matchup I need work on, but uh....in fairness I figured I'd never really need the practice for it.

Matt: Thanks for teaming with me, man. I think we can probably develop some good team synergy if we keep at it. Your Mario's really picking it up, good friendlies. Also, that Smash 64 match was epic.

Mike: You know it's always awesome to see you again, and while I wish I could've had the chance to 1v1 you, nice doubles. As confusing as that match sometimes got of course.

Jiggernaut: Man, I totally underestimated how well you knew the matchup there. Hats off to you for that one.

Cam: Good SF2 matches. Honda is TOO good, I've gotta say. My Hurricane Kick/Fireball/Shoryuken stuff had nothing on the 100 Hand Slap. :laugh:

Also, I have to say, it's a bit disheartening to like, not be doing as well as I'd like to, but I dunno...I'll just have to keep at it I guess. I mean hey, I've gotta get a break eventually, lol.

HiDef

Smash Rookie
OMG Dave is posting? Hurray for post number 1.
I made a new account so I'll be on the boards a little more.

Shout-oots
Cam- Thanks alot for hosting again, it was a little nostalgic being back there.
Ben- You are too good
Brosak- Bi-Weeklys are always epic when you're around, your Enzo texture is full of win.
Riley- Thanks for the suicides
Derek+Randy- Team Random was hilarious
Linkshot- DOUBLES CHAMPS! WOOT

PND

Smash Champion
Fashionably late shout-outs:

1. Buenob
You still got me beat, but I'm on my way up. Pretty soon I'll be giving you a serious run for yo' moneyz. :laugh: Wish you could have made it out to the party.
1. Knuckles
Great to see ya bro, too bad I was playing like **** during doubles. Once I start playing brawl regularly again, your MK is gonna be shrapnel. Tru fax is tru fax. Our matches are always awesome, gj.
3. PNDMike
This guy is definitely the best player in the world. Definitely. But seriously, he's a scrub. Seriously. Why so serious?
4. SAUS
Good Ike, great player behind him. Urawesome, m I rite? But if you ever want to be rollin' in the moneyz rap video style, you should pick a high tier character and apply your awesome skills to that character -- you'll be UNSTOPPABLE. I recommend Captain Falcon.
5. braH
Man, both matches your Marth caught on, coming up from a 3-1 lead to take me back down to my last stock. You're still hella good, but a bit rusty. Keep at it and you'll be taking first again in no time, you're such a smart player.
5. Haze
I may have lost the set, but I won Captain Falcon dittos. So have fun "claiming" you beat me with that little fact out on the table. Falcon dittos are so epic, I should have won the tourney right there :chuckle: seriously, your Diddy is really good. Your Snake is getting there too, especially in the ditto match :(
?: Linkshot
Wow, I didn't get seeded against you first round. WTF?
?: HiDef
WHY ARE WE SO GOD**** EVEN IN EVERY FIGHTING GAME WE PLAY?
?: Zylem
I didn't play you in singles, but your DK is a beast in doubles. So why do you hate doubles, again?
?: AfroBoy
I never played you.
?: Arsenic
I love you. Main Ganon again.
?: Matt
Man, your Mario is beast. I know Andrew and I beat you in doubles, but holy ****, capes everywhere. I was getting completely mind****ed by your mario, lol. Too good. You're a smart player, definitely on your way to the top. Next stop? Dethrone Joel as the king of Mario.
?: LivewiresXe
Good to see you again, we should have got 1 on 1 matches in. How was the van on the way home? And hey, you didn't come last -- you'll be tanking your way up before you know it.
?: Jiggernaut
Great teaming with you, Jiggs Snake was too fun. You should camp more with Jiggs. . . it's *** as ****, but it works.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hey, thanks Mike. I know I'll be working it up before I know it. And well....I at least take comfort in knowing I'm a lot better now than I was when I first started and just stood in place with Fox doing nothing but side and up smashes. :laugh:

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
GGs all.

Id say that its more than me just being rusty, you guys are just too good. Nice seeing you again Mike.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Dead thread is dead again...should we even keep this thread if no one ever uses it?

Top Bottom