• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@Alan- Sorry I couldn't make it out, school sprung a last minute essay on me so I was pretty busy all weekend.

Concerning the biweekly, I suggest we go online!

I'd host myself, but my place(s) are too small. I'd at most be able to host 2 set ups with ~6 people max for next week if no biweekly can be had. We can have money matches though.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
No worries.

I'd still be willing to host it here if people are willing to come here.

2 full rooms, one with a large 25" screen with no lag, 1 room that can hold 3 13" side-by-side and seat 6 people, not counting the floor.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Guys, update.

There is a 20" TV sitting in the hallway on my floor, and it is plugged in.
If it is there when I wake up tomorrow, I am snatching it and donating it to the scene.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Hello people!

It's been about a month already, but I'm going to be taking a bit more time off. I'll most likely resume hosting stuff the week of October 23rd. I'll post closer to the date once I know whether this will be for sure or not. I did skim the thread, and it looks like Ben's not hosting anymore? Sorry to hear that, if so; I hope everyone is still getting together to play.

I'm not going to be actively reading the boards over the next few weeks either, I just thought I'd give everyone a heads-up as to what's going on.

Random side note to Ben: Just in case you didn't get the email (I didn't even though I'm pretty sure I'm on his mailing list), Charles is taking pre-registrations for the Embassy Cup tourney this year. Sign up soon! Defend your customary annual record in the 1-3 dan group!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hey Cam, nice to hear from you again. Yeah, Ben's been hosting the past little bit, but it seems he has a new job so won't be doing that anymore (just from what I've gathered in here). Anyway, it seems you've been enjoying your time off, which is good to hear. So yeah, thanks for the heads up, and well...you know where to find us, lol.

buenob

Smash Lord
lol that's good to hear cam :) I'm not sure yet, becuase it hasn't started, but they want me full time and not 9-5 hours so I don't know when I'll be working... + I'm keeping part time hours where I am currently working... i should know by wed.

ps. randy beat me 2-1 in brawl to take it at battle royale :)

buenob

Smash Lord
I beat randy as fox, then he went d3 on FD and beat me, then I took him to brinstar and he went peach...

I should have cp'd him to smashville, a way better CP vs his characters

oh well

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I also got really lucky with the final match where I pulled a beam sword for the win.

It was really ********

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Ban Peach! She is Random Tier!

SERIOUS BUSINESS

Alright. It's Tuesday night. Friday night is 72 hours away.

What are we doing about the Fest/Biweekly?

Am I going to hold it, or what? And will there be a tourney?

We need input!

buenob

Smash Lord
the easiest thing to do alan would be to get to westboro station for 5pm, and then we'd meet you there for sure... my work and the bus station are 3 blocks apart

Fogel

Smash Lord
I'm confirming that I'll be hosting something on the 23rd. If we have enough people/motivation for a biweekly (PND Offweekly 2?) then we can do that, otherwise it'll be a normal smashfest.

We should also discuss the future of these things, since it looks like people everywhere are losing interest (myself included). Even if things continue, I can't guarantee I'll be hosting every Friday for the next little while. I want to focus on that Go tournament I mentioned in my last post, so I'm gonna be playing a lot more Go over the next month or so. However, I do want to see everyone again at least once, so the 23rd is on for sure :)

edit: Also, has anyone found my silver controller yet?

PND

Smash Champion
Does it have any markings, Cam? I ended up with a spare at some point with a little bit of pain flecked off on the bottom, could that be it? I'll bring it on the 23rd just in case.

Matt07

Smash Master
Good luck Ottawa players who are heading to the tournament! Rep Ottawa well! (I know you all will :)) Good luck and have fun guys.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Does it have any markings, Cam? I ended up with a spare at some point with a little bit of pain flecked off on the bottom, could that be it? I'll bring it on the 23rd just in case.
There's a discoloration under one of the handles, on the back. I think it was the left handle (under the analog stick). Also, I had a piece of tape with Fogel on it. I'm pretty sure I didn't forget it at your place way back then, but who knows!

acjamn2

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm here in Ottawa for school and I was wondering if these bi-weeklies were open for anyone to join or not?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm open for a bi-weekly too (obviously) if we're like supposed to state our preferences. Also wouldn't mind some Blazblue on the side if anyone wants to play.

Top Bottom