• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I don't remember, I just remember that doubles was a round robin and that Justin opted not to play in doubles/singles. Oh, and that there was some Blazblue/SFIV going down.

Matt07

Smash Master
I think I got 4th, at least I'm pretty sure. And yesterday was hella fun, had fun playing all of you guys, can't wait to play again :).

Darkbeast666

Smash Rookie
Yeah I decided not to give my money away this time, I haven't had anywhere near enough practice. It was fun just hanging out though, I plan to be there next time as well.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I understand the feeling. But hey, at least you showed up for friendlies, which is still cool.

Edit: Also, I want to thank Ben a ton for letting me crash at his place AND spotting me for breakfast. I owe you one for that, man.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
To quote the literary genius that is Shakespeare:

"bi-weekly, or no bi-weekly: that is the question"

buenob

Smash Lord
there is no smashfest this weekend :) sorry guys, but i gotta rest up for battle royale

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Ah. Well, okay.

Maybe somebody will step up to the plate? I have the apartment free for the next two weeks (maybe 1 week now..? I dunno)

I might decide to say "Eh, if I get ****kicked in a week, I get ****kicked." and just host the fest here.

But first, how many people willing to head out this far? If you know where Industrial Road is, that's pretty much where I am. Industrial+Riverside is the closest intersection to me. Hurdman (and Lycee Claudel) is the closest Bus Station to me.

PND

Smash Champion
You heard it here first: The weekend of the 23rd of October PNDMike will be in town. And if nothing's scheduled, well, that should change quickly. Or I'll be sad.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Ah. Well, okay.

Maybe somebody will step up to the plate? I have the apartment free for the next two weeks (maybe 1 week now..? I dunno)

I might decide to say "Eh, if I get ****kicked in a week, I get ****kicked." and just host the fest here.

But first, how many people willing to head out this far? If you know where Industrial Road is, that's pretty much where I am. Industrial+Riverside is the closest intersection to me. Hurdman (and Lycee Claudel) is the closest Bus Station to me.
I am pretty much willing to go to carleton and play some other games other than smash. If you know where Carleton university is, go to the gamedev lab for random dota/blazblue/CoD4/aswesomeness.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I guess I chose the wrong week to make my return. Ah well. Good luck at Battle Royale Ben!

I'd be willing to go to Alan's place. Anyone else?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I would prefer it that people come around 5:30, so I can get the cat to take her joint powder thing (I mix it with some tuna; she's anti-social and won't eat it if visitors are around, and I give it to her at 5)

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
The battle Royale is happening on saturday and will probably be $20 just like previous times. I believe what Randy is talking about is free to anyone who knows someone who can get into the gamedev lab such as Derek.

Is there even smash at this years battle royale? I saw the poster and it only had sf4 as its fighting game.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
For people that want to come here on Friday:

If you do not know my address, PM me.

Also, Google Maps directions from Hurdman Station are bull****. Do not follow them.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
The battle Royale is happening on saturday and will probably be $20 just like previous times. I believe what Randy is talking about is free to anyone who knows someone who can get into the gamedev lab such as Derek.

Is there even smash at this years battle royale? I saw the poster and it only had sf4 as its fighting game.
There is Smash this year, it is pretty sweet.

buenob

Smash Lord
randy are you in? that's awesome -- where are you sitting?

i've been practicing so many random games so we can win... also been practicing sf4... too bad blazblue isn't in it

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Again, will be accepting people over on Friday.

PM me for address.

Don't come earlier than 5:30 PM (17:30 for you sticklers)

Currently have:
Two TVs
One Wii

There is enough deskroom for 3 TVs in my room. There is a 25" in the living room with a GCN currently hooked up to it. Yes, there are unused outlets, but by "unused" I mean they haven't been used since my parents moved in here. Could be unreliable. There are 3 things that can be unplugged.

If somebody brings a power bar that would be great, because then I could just plug the lamp and phone into that, and have room for another TV+Wii to be plugged in.

Conditions: 24 floors high. 1 shy cat that will most likely hide the whole time. 2 arguably spaceous rooms. My room can seat 5 (3 on bed, 2 chairs), living room can seat 6 (couch and futon).
Nearby food sources: Tim Hortons, Subway, Shoppers' Drug Mart, Hasty Market, Pizza Boys, Tuck Shop.
Closest Mall: St. Laurent Shopping Centre (20 minute walk)
Setup Capacity: 4
Seating capacity: 11 (floor not counted)
Available consoles: SNES (w/ Super GB), N64, GCN (w/ GB Player), Wii (w/ Homebrew).
Closest McDonald's: St. Laurent/Billings Bridge

If anybody wants to cook, be my guest XD Otherwise, we can order from Pizza Hut (since I think that's closest, but if you guys wanna do Pizza Pizza, fine with me.)

Again, PM ME FOR MY ADDRESS AND LOBBY RING NUMBER

arsenic41

Smash Ace
randy are you in? that's awesome -- where are you sitting?

i've been practicing so many random games so we can win... also been practicing sf4... too bad blazblue isn't in it
what do you mean? All I have is a pre-registered ticket. Am I suppose to book seating?

EDIT:
Again, will be accepting people over on Friday.
Nearby food sources: Tim Hortons, Subway, Shoppers' Drug Mart, Hasty Market, Pizza Boys
wtf

buenob

Smash Lord
lol see that only table that's completely full? the6 on the bottom is us, and the 6 on top just want to be close to us ;)

arsenic41

Smash Ace
lol see that only table that's completely full? the6 on the bottom is us, and the 6 on top just want to be close to us ;)
Do I really still need a seat? my laptop is dead, I'll probably only play the console games (besides dota if Aris #2 brings his spare laptop for me).

buenob

Smash Lord
i guess at this point not many more people will be pre-registering, so it doesn't really matter, but for the organizers sake it would probably be nice if you did...

ps. back on bi-weekly track!!

bad news everyone! i got another job... this may mean the end of me hosting... stupid money... well, I like it :) anyways, I'll see what my schedule is like, but I may have to gimp out... i'll know more next week

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I fail so much.

I bought a white controller from japan specially to get rid of any potential controller johns, and I was not at home this morning to receive it. I'm waiting for it for weeks now.

And at the top of it, I won't be able to attempt the melee tourney in montreal :(

Darkbeast666

Smash Rookie
Hmm...I'm not going to be showing up Alan, I just got off work and St. Laurent is just a bit far for me.

As for a more stable Smashfest solution for the next few weeks or maybe longer, I'm not really sure. Carleton might work but do you need some special key to get into the labs there? I know someone who goes to Algonquin and there are several rooms that are open and usually free of people, though you kind of have to be a student there to be using their facilities, or so I've been told by the security guys there.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
No problem; Wak PM'd me saying he was interested, but I think what he was implying is that it's too far to only play with one person.

I'm pretty sure I'll be alone next week, too, so I'll host the bi-weekly (or if you want to be a fest, that works too).

I won't make any wacky rules, heh, though I might allow a few "unorthodox" stages just to see how they mix. If people refuse to enter simply because of a stage being allowed, I will go conservative for the sake of the community.

Anyway, hoping things can pull through for Ottawa. We were just getting back into our prime, too.

Top Bottom