• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

PND

Smash Champion
Double post of importance:
The bracket archive is now up and running to the best of Cam and I's ability. Check post number 4 of this thread for the archive.

Due to the massive amount of code, there may be errors. If you find any, just let me know through PM and I'll work on patching it up right away. Enjoy.

buenob

Smash Lord
on the note of recovering with mk, i notice M2K and to an extend kingAce a bit, using the cape to get back to the ledge... fairly frequently, like 5x per match...

anyways, i'm gonna watch all those vids so I don't fall behind, it's been a while since I've played :(

ps. mike - for the tournament, i think i'm getting a ride into toronto friday night... i'm looking into finalizing my plans, but if I can get as far as the GO train will take me (hamilton or st. Cath i think) is there any easy way of getting from there to your place? and would it be ok to show up friday night? lol

PND

Smash Champion
Harold's documentation is off. I noticed he had documented the offweekly as a numerical biweekly. He did the same with the first swiss biweekly as well.

And yeah, I don't mind you showing up Friday. We'll figure it all out, we got this.

EDIT: Wow, browsing those brackets brought back a lot of memories. ninja alliteration / consonance

I can't wait until I'm back in Ottawa. I miss the biweeklies. And I miss tearing up doubles with Bryant (Always losing to a team early, then revenge eliminating them in losers finals, LOL)

buenob

Smash Lord
WOW! just watched the finals...

bryant, you are scary... really... I was watching, and once you start to incorporate sideb into you repertoire and also learn to cancel your glide attack consistently, you are going to be a beast... BEAST!

one other thing would be to chose your ledge-guarding moves a bit better... a couple times I thought you had ariel gimped but you chose the wrong move (fair instead of nair or dair, dair instead of up-b etc) so i guess maybe that's something else to work on, but dayum... who do you play against!?!?

and ariel, i cant believe how fast you were adapting to his play... the first couple rounds i have to say you did a great job of capitalizing on his mistakes, but that's really what it was... after that, you were spacing yourself _way_ better and the matches were incredibly good... good **** man...

bryants play is getting close to the **** that lead me to my change in playstyle at mikey7's tournament :)

haven't had the time to watch the rest of the matches since it's late, but i'll get to those soon :)

cam -> when you kept him farther away, you were doing fine, but once he got in on you it was ****... the reason for this is because you are spacing yourself for long nades, and them alone... due to metaknights speed, once he gets the opportunity he can close the distance, and all of a sudden you have almost no options... if you can get used to the medium ranged nade game, i would say around 3-4x utilt ranges away from you, that would be close to ideal, since you can make him show "attack" before deciding what to do next... as it is, you show "i'm throwing a nade now" and he rushes in... at the med range, you can just drop the nade and all of a sudden he's found himself directly in your tilt range when you see him rushing, and the nade isn't about to go off so you don't have to worry about that...

i hope that made sense :)

infomon

Smash Scientist
Infzy: Good to see you again; sorry we didn't get to really talk or play anything, I was really tired at that point in the evening.
thanks, yeah it's all good... can't wait to take on your snake sometime :bee: thx again for hosting ^_^

o snap laptop battery dead what is this i don't even

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Harold's documentation is off. I noticed he had documented the offweekly as a numerical biweekly. He did the same with the first swiss biweekly as well.
If that's the case, then Biweekly 21 and Biweekly 23 on your documentation should be 20 and 22 respectively. Also, I thought the first Swiss counted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwqXuMPsoc

and ariel, i cant believe how fast you were adapting to his play... the first couple rounds i have to say you did a great job of capitalizing on his mistakes, but that's really what it was... after that, you were spacing yourself _way_ better and the matches were incredibly good... good **** man...
Thank you. I am disappointed that we won't get to play until September. The way things are looking now I probably won't be able to go to Havoc.

EDIT: Oops! This is Ariel btw.

Fogel

Smash Lord
WOW! just watched the finals...

bryant, you are scary... really... I was watching, and once you start to incorporate sideb into you repertoire and also learn to cancel your glide attack consistently, you are going to be a beast... BEAST!

one other thing would be to chose your ledge-guarding moves a bit better... a couple times I thought you had ariel gimped but you chose the wrong move (fair instead of nair or dair, dair instead of up-b etc) so i guess maybe that's something else to work on, but dayum... who do you play against!?!?

bryants play is getting close to the **** that lead me to my change in playstyle at mikey7's tournament :)

haven't had the time to watch the rest of the matches since it's late, but i'll get to those soon :)

cam -> when you kept him farther away, you were doing fine, but once he got in on you it was ****... the reason for this is because you are spacing yourself for long nades, and them alone... due to metaknights speed, once he gets the opportunity he can close the distance, and all of a sudden you have almost no options... if you can get used to the medium ranged nade game, i would say around 3-4x utilt ranges away from you, that would be close to ideal, since you can make him show "attack" before deciding what to do next... as it is, you show "i'm throwing a nade now" and he rushes in... at the med range, you can just drop the nade and all of a sudden he's found himself directly in your tilt range when you see him rushing, and the nade isn't about to go off so you don't have to worry about that...

i hope that made sense :)
Thanks for the tips; I'll keep that in mind next time I'm playing MK. Also, yes, Ariel vs. Bryant was definitely an epic finals. You could tell just by watching that both of them were in the zone that day.

buenob

Smash Lord
again i have to miss this... I will probably attempt to hold some kind of tournament in the first week of august at my place (for just the reg people) because I won't be able to make it out for a smashfest/biweekly until after havoc, and I need some practice (though I've been playing a bit with tect to keep myself from going rusty)

anyways, hope some serious lolz are had by all this friday :)

Fogel

Smash Lord
Hey cam, mind if I bring a friend along for this weeks smashfest? (it is a smashfest this week right?).
Yes you can bring a friend, and yes it is a smashfest.

again i have to miss this... I will probably attempt to hold some kind of tournament in the first week of august at my place (for just the reg people) because I won't be able to make it out for a smashfest/biweekly until after havoc, and I need some practice (though I've been playing a bit with tect to keep myself from going rusty)

anyways, hope some serious lolz are had by all this friday :)
Sounds good, looking forward to it :)

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Woo hoo! EVO is over (it was really fun to watch the live stream of SFIV and BlazBlue, epic last match of Justin Wong vs Daigo, though I could tell Daigo was going to win it) and my Yomi decks are inbound from Montreal as of today. I should have some decks to play with next Friday :D

Who'll be up for some eeleM today? !loocsisdrawkcabgniklat

buenob

Smash Lord
argh i wish i could come :( oh well

ps alan, i saw you post in Havoc in the Hammer, how are you planning on getting down?.. ps Bryant/Riley/Dave are you guys going down?

i have friday off work, so im currently planning on bussing up starting early friday morning, but if people are driving on friday that might change my plans a bit... my other ride is leaving for T. saturday afternoon so that doesn't work :(

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I'm hoping to make it. I have to check how much money I have in my bank account, first.

Also, if we all bus at the same time, we get the passenger discount, though I'm sure you know that...

Anyway, if a ride doesn't pop up, I propose we meet at a greyhound stop together. Discount + less chance of getting separated.

August 15th is the tourney day, right?

PND

Smash Champion
Via Rail tickets are on for 60% off until Wednesday (?) to try and woo back customers after the strike. The tickets purchased are good until mid December, so if you guys buy in advance it would be a REALLY cheap alternative to bussing. Faster, and more comfortable too.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Via Rail tickets are on for 60% off until Wednesday (?) to try and woo back customers after the strike. The tickets purchased are good until mid December, so if you guys buy in advance it would be a REALLY cheap alternative to bussing. Faster, and more comfortable too.
I may end up using this option...assuming I can house with you, where would I want to end up by train? St. Catharines, or can I go directly to Port Colborne?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

EDIT:

Everyone does not own Cam's basement.
Thanks for clarifying :) Off-topic, but I was sad that you didn't come last Friday because I really wanted to Pokemon battle...

Errrrr that's kinda what I meant @.@

Cam is a part of everyone, right?
I'm ok with this friend showing up, but I reserve the right to kick them out if they are too wacky/obnoxious.

how much bb is going to be had this friday?

if >9k, i'll be attending
I'll guarantee some BB will be had :D

PND

Smash Champion
You'd want to go to St. Cat's, and we'd pick you up from there.

BB. . . balanced brawl? Basketball? BB guns? Colour me curious and confused.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Alan's friend wackier than Alan? Whoa. :bee:

And yeah, as to what BB is has me wondering too. Though, I suppose it begs the question "Is it kinda sad that when 'BB' comes up my first thought is actually assuming it has to do with a TV show?" :laugh:

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for clarifying :) Off-topic, but I was sad that you didn't come last Friday because I really wanted to Pokemon battle...
Sorry about last Friday. I was at home and Harold was hosting a sf get together. I ended up playing a lot of brawl with Orlando and some HD remix with Dan(idk if you know him) and lost track of time. I will probably show up this Friday.

BB. . . balanced brawl? Basketball? BB guns? Colour me curious and confused.
BlazBlue, if I'm not mistaken.

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone

@ Mainly Bosak (but also anyone looking for HatH transportation): We arent going to make it to canal days this weekend on account of riley working all weekend, however this means i will definately be going to havoc... Dave has already said he is coming and i have riley down as a probably, another friend of mine (derek) may come just for the roadtrip but i doubt it... that leaves 1 seat in my car that i can offer out now, and another 1 or 2 that may be available in the future. So first poster can have a guarenteed spot .
I feel obligated to state that i will be smoking up while driving so dont take the spot if you think (or know) that will bother you (but i have a LOT of practice at it, so i wouldnt worry).

Also: sign me up for the biweekly!

PND

Smash Champion
Ah, BlazBlue. I totally want that game.

Bryant. . . call me sometime to arrange stuffz. 9O5-834-O81O
Protip: The O's are zeroes.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
10 points to Bosak for thinking of bBrawl first <3

Yes, Cam. I am fully aware you hold the rights to removing people. Don't worry, they're not even close to rambunctious (and that's not in comparison to me >P)

EDIT: They probably won't be coming, but that will be fully sorted out by then.

Fogel

Smash Lord
@People who weren't sure: BB is BlazBlue.

Sorry about last Friday. I was at home and Harold was hosting a sf get together. I ended up playing a lot of brawl with Orlando and some HD remix with Dan(idk if you know him) and lost track of time. I will probably show up this Friday.
Totally understandable, and if it's the same Dan from the last time I was at Harold's/Rock Climbing, then yes I know him. I'm kind of sad that Harold has SF4 stuff Fridays, because I'd like to go sometime :(

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I am taking the SF4 stuff over to the regular thread to not choke up the biweekly thread. To keep this post relevant, sign me up, but I'll be honest: I may end up with other plans for part of Friday with some jailbait.

EDIT: I prefer double elimination. However, since we had that last time, Swiss would be next. To be clear, my vote is for Swiss.

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Arent you in the jailbait age range anyways? Unless she is REALLY young.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Got my Yomi decks in today! The real thing is really cool, though they're not waxed like regular playing cards (I'm assuming because it's just a demo print). So if you guys could scrounge up some old Magic-sized sleeves I'd be appreciative. Looking forward to playing Yomi in person, the game is intense. :)

Fogel

Smash Lord
Got my Yomi decks in today! The real thing is really cool, though they're not waxed like regular playing cards (I'm assuming because it's just a demo print). So if you guys could scrounge up some old Magic-sized sleeves I'd be appreciative. Looking forward to playing Yomi in person, the game is intense. :)
I have many extra clear sleeves, if those are good enough for you.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
OK you guys, we need to address a serious problem. Bryant has been placing very highly in recent biweeklies. I think you know where this is going.

If MK is banned by SBR, do we agree to have MK banned here or no? If no, then will we ban him if Bryant wins 3 biweeklies in a row or something?

I am posting this half-jokingly, however, with all the MK ban hype going around, we may actually have to discuss this.

buenob

Smash Lord
bryant won't be me when I return :p

infact, i won't even be going ROB when I return :) (unless I loose as my super-secret alt)
--
edit: man that faux cockiness just comes across as douchebaggery when typed... anyways, I am 100% against the MK ban :)

Top Bottom