• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
You guys should definitely come to Havoc in the Hammer, its on August the 15th, 52 pre registrants, also more of the gta will be going that don't have smashboards due to my advertisement.

So come on, we came to your guys tournies time for you to come to ours, HYPE HYPE HYPE HYEP :urg:

Fogel

Smash Lord
Hey guys, you should ALL come to this.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=222963
That's right. Ally AND M2K. In Canada. (How many times has this been promised?)

I can house you guys. And you can ask Ben or Cam about the quality PND's housing. Spoilers:
AYCE Pancakes, beaches, bedding, and beer

Srsly. It's looking to be a huge tourney, and Illiad's such a cool guy. He's also a phenomenal Marf, so this gives Ottawa a chance to "shine" with all of our Marf practice. Speaking of "shining": Did I mention that there will also be Melee?

So get yo'selves down here and help make this a success.

@Ben: I know you were thinking of planning OBScene in August, so if you can try and avoid and conflicts with this one I would greatly appreciate it.

GET HYPE
I can confirm that PND's housing is the best. I'll do my best to make it to Havoc in the Hammer :)

edit: @Ariel/Ben: I renamed the WF/GF videos from the PND Offweekly on Youtube...can you check if they're correct now?

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@Cam-Yeah they're good now, except the final video is *technically* GF3. I guess GF2 wasn't recorded or something. Doesn't really matter though.

On topic: When is the next biweekly? Is it on the 24th or something?

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: for some reason, Smashboards didn't display the fact that I already posted in the tab, so I clicked post and turns out the msg was already there.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Oh, man, I really want to got to that tourney! It looks SO good. I'm so hyped for it, although I don't even know I'm going!!!!!11!!!!!!!!11!1!!!!one!!!!!!!!swiftyfive!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!1!!11!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1.

buenob

Smash Lord
...swiftyfie...
wow epic old-school reference.. all i want, show your moves? honestly i think you should try hard to get out to this... your jiggs is a little old-school, but you learn quickly and I think that you'll give a lot of random people more trouble than they are expecting :)

also randomly, i have tomorrow off so if anyone wants to play before the smashfest let me know... maybe a little sf4?

Jazriel

Smash Ace
wow epic old-school reference.. all i want, show your moves? honestly i think you should try hard to get out to this... your jiggs is a little old-school, but you learn quickly and I think that you'll give a lot of random people more trouble than they are expecting :)

also randomly, i have tomorrow off so if anyone wants to play before the smashfest let me know... maybe a little sf4?
Boo, SF4.

Play MBAC, so much better. :p

Randy, next time there's a smashfest (I'm assuming next week Friday) please try to bring the Melty Blood CD. Airthrow into 4-way must be practiced!

Havoc in the Hammer is an epic name, not gonna lie.

Fogel

Smash Lord
@Cam-Yeah they're good now, except the final video is *technically* GF3. I guess GF2 wasn't recorded or something. Doesn't really matter though.

On topic: When is the next biweekly? Is it on the 24th or something?
I think it should be next week, personally (the 17th).

Boo, SF4.

Play MBAC, so much better. :p

Randy, next time there's a smashfest (I'm assuming next week Friday) please try to bring the Melty Blood CD. Airthrow into 4-way must be practiced!

Havoc in the Hammer is an epic name, not gonna lie.
There is a fest tomorrow, but I won't be home until 7:30/8, so it's just starting a bit later than normal. If you can bring another USB controller of some kind, we can play MBAC on my PC! If Jan randomly shows up, he can bring the PS2 version as well.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Wow this thread has been kinda dead.

On topic: since I'm too lazy to out the boards, is this week a bi-weekly? If yes, what format?

Fogel

Smash Lord
So far, out of people who have actually said they were going...

- Myself
- Linkshot
- Jiggernaut
- Knuckles
- HiDef

I'm hoping there will be a bunch of people who just didn't bother signing up that will play. At this point, I think I'm going to run it regardless of how many show up, even if it's under 8. We haven't had a real one in at least a month now, which is unacceptable.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Most likely Randy will show. Depending on how my essay comes along, I might be able to stop by, but that depends on when the biweekly starts for singles. Also, with such low attendance, I suggest that everyone bring around 5 dollars and do 1$ money matches instead. Yes, it's for a dollar, but that's not entirely the point. The dollar is just the catalyst for intensity.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Today is Friday, so I should be there. I'm not interested in the bi-weekly I'm afraid, and while I want to mostly play some melee I'll be down for some Brawl games.

And I've almost sent Sirlin my moneyz for the complete set of 10 decks for Yomi, haha. Currently the rules are 7.5 and I believe after EVO Sirlin is supposed to come out with an update so hopefully what he's printed is more up-to-date than 7.5 but I'm doubtful. Either way Yomi is awesome, I've been playing some Yomi on Lackey (a software for CCG's) and it's epic mindgamez. Letting people get a throw on you so you can do a 30 damage Setsuki combo next combat is too good.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Results:

1: CvO
2: Knuckles
3: SAUS
4: Linkshot
5: Fogel
5: HiDef
7: Moses
7: Arsenic
9: Jiggernaut

We decided to skip doubles this time due to lack of teams.

buenob

Smash Lord
aswesome! what characters did people use?? derek!!! wtf man? lol

i wish i didn't have work tonight :( i wanted to go so badly... my boss is being a bit of a **** and is scheduling me for pretty much every friday... im gonna be signing up for classes within the next week, so come september i'll be there (just telling my boss i have class friday night lol)

Linkshot

Smash Hero
CvO: All Luigi
Knuckles: All MK? Any Zelda or Fox?
Derek: All Ike
Linkshot: All Lucario
Arsenic: IC/Wario
Moses: Marth/MK
Jiggernaut: All Jigglypuff? Confirmation?
HiDef: All Kirby?
Fogel: All Snake

Fogel

Smash Lord
I think Alan has the characters down. As for the bracket, I can post it, but don't have any web hosting. If someone can host, I can send them the bracket image (pm me your email or something). Good games to everyone; I enjoyed this biweekly a lot despite being tired/sick.

Pfft, who cares about Brawl? Watch these epic Nu combos :p
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/video/niconico/sm7654711
Good games in BB. You had some pretty sweet combos; I only know how to start some basic combos from a jab, not the 20-hit combos like you were getting. I'm going to have to learn some more for next time we play!

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
I played some Zelda, maybe 3 or 4 matches.. but mostly mk.

Ariel: your luigi is a monster. I really enjoyed our matches (well, except the glide fails winners final.. I thought i was past that)

Derek: Great games in losers. That set went right down to the wire

Im in a rush so thats all Ive got time for. GGs to everyone else as well

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
GGs everyone! Expect much less DDD and much more Luigi from now on =)

Shoutouts:

Bryant-Those were tough matches, especially winner's finals. Learning to recover against you was painful, but it improved my game a lot! I look forward to next time =)

Derek-I didn't get to play you =S. I should pick up melee just to play Impossible Ganon and Invincible DK.

Alan-Great matches, though you need to watch for those upsmash whiffs. Next time I'm banning brinstar. PM your team whenever you have it ready. Same thing to anyone else who is interested.

Cam-I didn't get to play you either, but thanks for the advice. It really did help. You saw it helping me. Blazblue looks cool(NO-FACE!!) and I might try it out next weekened(this week is pretty much essay grinding)

Dave-Luigi wins out priority wars, everytime! But really, good games! Best part was Cyc + Fsmash.

Moses-I'm never doing double or nothing with you again. GGs though =P

Randy-You know I beat your a$s in that money match. But seriously, when are we going to play?

Andrew-GGs man. Flying through my fireballs and bit¢hslapping me was too mean.

Mason-Needs more no-face.

EDIT: Thanks for posting the video Cam! Yeah, I need to work on the tornado defense. Watching myself again, my bad habits become apparent to me. I'll correct them for future matches so that everyone can have a decent Luigi main to play against.

Fogel

Smash Lord
I was proactive and actually put up videos today! I'm sitting around at home being sick, so I figured I'd do something productive.

Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=FB307778D840EEDD

I also emailed PND the bracket for your viewing pleasure.

Shoutouts:

CvO: Good job going into beast mode, I could feel the intensity. I'm glad my advice was useful :) Also, no-face is really hard to play. I was playing through his story mode today, and his dashes are teleports, so I couldn't dash+grab :/

One thing I might add from watching the videos, don't forget to angle your shield upwards when MK is approaching with a tornado when you're on the ground. I noticed you got hit by this a lot :/ Check Derek's matches to see what I mean; aside from one time where he messed up, he never got hit by a tornado that wasn't comboed/fallen into.

Knuckles: Looks like you've levelled up again. To be honest, I thought I'd have a decent chance against you based on that crew battle from last time, but instead it was a solid defeat. Good games!

Also, from watching the videos, I've got a bit of advice. I noticed that you don't ever use side-b to return to the stage (I'm talking MK here). KingAce/Ambrose used it a lot; I think it's less risky than Shuttle Loop (hopefully someone who knows better can confirm this though) so it might be worth looking into.

Linkshot: Good games, I still need to learn what to do against Lucario :(

Fogel: Stop blowing yourself up, it's embarrassing.

SAUS: You won't read this, but I don't feel like I actually won our set :/ We need to play again with less suicides. Fun friendlies between rounds!

HiDef: You also don't read this, but sorry we didn't play or talk :(

Jiggernaut: You will probably actually read this; so, sorry we didn't play or talk :(

Moses: I will give you more Snake practice next time; I was too tired/sick at the end to play serious business anymore. Also, I'm going to keep a closer eye on my controllers next time :p

Arsenic: 360 > Guy Counter!

Mason: 360 > Nu!

Infzy: Good to see you again; sorry we didn't get to really talk or play anything, I was really tired at that point in the evening.

PND

Smash Champion
I uploaded the bracket onto the first page, the fourth post, under Harold's results post. If you can send me previous brackets, Cam, I can archive them all with my account.

Also, if you can send me future brackets I'll upload them as well. I'll only show the image for the most recent, the rest will have to be linked to, but I think it's a good system.

PND

Smash Champion
Also, from watching the videos, I've got a bit of advice. I noticed that you don't ever use side-b to return to the stage (I'm talking MK here). KingAce/Ambrose used it a lot; I think it's less risky than Shuttle Loop (hopefully someone who knows better can confirm this though) so it might be worth looking into.
You can recover higher vertically, so if you run out of jumps and you're below the stage you can make it up. Example: First match between Bryant and Ariel in the playlist lol

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, I SWEAR I edited this into my last post. . . :(

Fogel

Smash Lord
I uploaded the bracket onto the first page, the fourth post, under Harold's results post. If you can send me previous brackets, Cam, I can archive them all with my account.

Also, if you can send me future brackets I'll upload them as well. I'll only show the image for the most recent, the rest will have to be linked to, but I think it's a good system.
OK, I'll send you what I've got later today. I don't think we have all the tournaments saved, though, so it would only be partial.

You can recover higher vertically, so if you run out of jumps and you're below the stage you can make it up. Example: First match between Bryant and Ariel in the playlist lol

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, I SWEAR I edited this into my last post. . . :(
Good to know. I'm assuming f-b will also knock off anyone trying to edgehog, right?

PND

Smash Champion
OK, I'll send you what I've got later today. I don't think we have all the tournaments saved, though, so it would only be partial.
That's cool, I'll archive what I can.

Good to know. I'm assuming f-b will also knock off anyone trying to edgehog, right?
Yeah, it's longer lasting so anyone trying to edgehog will be forced to get up or get hit. And even if they DO somehow manage to edgehog you, if you don't grab the ledge you'll "pop" up as it finishes and be able to DI back to the level.

Top Bottom