• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other possible Sonic characters in Brawl

HolyNightmaren

Smash Rookie
Angel Island...strange does this means the level is going to represent the Sonic series? I can already see Knuckles being on the background protecting the Master Emerald, because if he wasn't guarding the thing it would be stupid.

Rakath

Smash Ace
My original stance on priority for playable Sonic characters:

Tails
Tie: Amy and Knuckles
Tie: Cream and Vector
Tie: Rouge, Big, and Tikal
Shadow

Now its changed to:
Tie: Tails and Knuckles
Tie: Amy and Cream
Tie: Vector and Rouge
Tie: Big and Tikal
Tie: Scratch and Grounder
Shadow

Thank you Sakurai for mentionin' my favorite Sonic character by name and putting the music up for his home digs. ^_^

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Scratch and Grounder? Lol.

This doesn't really give knuckles more of a chance to be playable, as he could be in the background. However, this doesn't mean that Angel Island will be a stage, it could just be a song for "My Music".

Tails still has a higher chance, Sakurai likes to keep characters Secret before revealing them. If anything, Knuckles is now probally unconfirmed, because he has been mentioned.

Think about it, if Knuckles was a playable character, he wouldn't of mentioned his name.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Scratch and Grounder? Lol.

This doesn't really give knuckles more of a chance to be playable, as he could be in the background. However, this doesn't mean that Angel Island will be a stage, it could just be a song for "My Music".

Tails still has a higher chance, Sakurai likes to keep characters Secret before revealing them. If anything, Knuckles is now probally unconfirmed, because he has been mentioned.

Think about it, if Knuckles was a playable character, he wouldn't of mentioned his name.
Knuckles is a lot better character choice than tails...

...and tell that to Ridley, if he's not the next Metroid rep, no one is

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Knuckles is a lot better character choice than tails...

...and tell that to Ridley, if he's not the next Metroid rep, no one is
Why is he? Tell me, why is he a better choice. Tails is Sonic's Luigi, Knuckles is Sonic's Wario. Would Wario have more priority than Luigi? No.

Sure, Knuckles is a more obvious fighter, but doesn't mean anything.

I have said this many many times.

Knuckles would be great as a PC, but logic tells me that Tails will get in before.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Knuckles really isn't Sonic's Wario. Mario doesn't really have a friendly rival.

In other series you can make the compare (Kirby and Meta Knight, Rock Man and Blues, Various Pokemon main characters to the person in that game that takes the Pokemon of a superior type match-up to your own).

Tails vs. Knuckles is really hard to rate one over the other unless you go entirely by the classic StH games. In Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3 and 360) Knuckles was playing second fiddle, and Sonic Rivals the primary match was Sonic vs. Knuckles. I don't know if this is due to a falling in Tails fan love, or just Sonic Team thinks Knuckles is cooler. Knuckles has generally been doing slightly better as an appearing character in recent titles (unless its Sonic Rush series, where ST just said 'screw you all, Blaze').

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Tails is much more classic, and SSE would fit him better. It would make more sense for Tails to follow Sonic and join the Brawl as well.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman

Hyper Metal Sonic Springs from an AT! Zooming around the Stage like a mad-man! Or Mad-hedgehog? Damaging everyone he hits!

Perfect Chaos! Oozes his way from his AT, coming to life as tall as a building! He furiously swipes his tentacles around the stage never moving from his placement, but his long arms extend so movement really isnt necessary.
Omg, your bitmixing, and resizing horribly. XP

Anyway I don't really see another Sonic character in, if so Tails or Knuckles... That's it. :/

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
I agree, it would be awesome if they teamed up in SSE would be a nice nod to Sonic 2.
SSE seems to fit the classic games perfectly, one player controlling Sonic, one player controlling Tails behind, and even better if they made an exact copy of one of the classic Sonic stages in the SSE, but more 3D obviously, it would be great to see Emerald Coast or Green Hill.

Not only that, but MarioXLuigi VS SonicXTails would be epic...

Dewd

Smash Rookie
Tails would be cool but he cant do shi.t without his machines.

If anyone, Id say Knuckles

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Tails would be cool but he cant do shi.t without his machines.

If anyone, Id say Knuckles
If Tails really couldn't do crap without his machine, I would obviously not be a fan of him.
Go play some old games or the Sonic Advance series, Tails doesn't need machines to fight.

P.S: OH wait your a noob? ROFL I can't believe I wasted my time with you.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
mhm.. sure.
no no. i was talking about the one from melee. it looks much more like him.
and knucks was not deconfirmed today.
at least not until tomorrow.
If Knuckles was a PC, his name wouldn't of been mentioned in todays update. No character has been mentioned on the Dojo before they have been revealed as playable. Sakurai seems to keep characters completely secret before revealing them, even veterans. If you have noticed.

It is a strange theory, but it holds true.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Knuckles was a PC, his name wouldn't of been mentioned in todays update. No character has been mentioned on the Dojo before they have been revealed as playable. Sakurai seems to keep characters completely secret before revealing them, even veterans. If you have noticed.

It is a strange theory, but it holds true.
That's a really stupid way to deconfirm a character.

Of course naming him didn't deconfirm him in any way...

Where the hell did you get that idea?

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
That's a really stupid way to deconfirm a character.

Of course naming him didn't deconfirm him in any way...

Where the hell did you get that idea?
If you have noticed, all the PCs were not mentioned at all before they were revealed, even veterans. Mentioning a character before being revealed shouldn't happen, and hopefully will not happen.

Sakurai would never want to mislead people into thinking that characters he mentions will not be playable, when they are. Therefore, if Knuckles were playable, he would not of been mentioned. It would make more sense if Knuckles was already revealed before mentioning his name in this update.

Its understandable that you are confused with my theory, but like I said, it holds true.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you have noticed, all the PCs were not mentioned at all before they were revealed, even veterans. Mentioning a character before being revealed shouldn't happen, and hopefully will not happen.

Sakurai would never want to mislead people into thinking that characters he mentions will not be playable, when they are. Therefore, if Knuckles were playable, he would not of been mentioned. It would make more sense if Knuckles was already revealed before mentioning his name in this update.

Its understandable that you are confused with my theory, but like I said, it holds true.
Captain Falcon was mentioned...

He sure as hell is going to be in

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon was mentioned...

He sure as hell is going to be in
That is the only exception yet, but it was safe for Sakurai to mention that because Captain Falcon is obviously in, but the main reason for that is because CF is an unlockable, and so he could not of been revealed beforehand.

Another third party would be big news, and im sure Sakurai wouldn't mention a third party PC in an update such as this.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That is the only exception yet, but it was safe for Sakurai to mention that because Captain Falcon is obviously in, but the main reason for that is because CF is an unlockable, and so he could not of been revealed beforehand.

Another third party would be big news, and im sure Sakurai wouldn't mention a third party PC in an update such as this.
There really is no reason to assume Knuckles is out because of that, though I doubt ANY other SEGA character will be PC.

That still is not a good reason

It's nothing but a HUGE assumption based on ONLY the fact no characters have been revealed in a long time

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
There really is no reason to assume Knuckles is out because of that, though I doubt ANY other SEGA character will be PC.

That still is not a good reason

It's nothing but a HUGE assumption based on ONLY the fact no characters have been revealed in a long time
That doesn't have to do with it, it's just logical to assume that Sakurai or anyone for that matter would reveal another third party character in a very small, insignificant update that we had. Think about it, if Knuckles was a PC, we would of gotten the music update after he was revealed.

Also, I doubt Sakurai would give clues to who's playable. He would keep that character unmentioned until revealed fully.

Rakath

Smash Ace
So... Ridley is deconfirmed by you. He was directly mentioned in a non-Character update (he was in the name of the update).

Pointing out a piece of fact about the history of a stage or piece of music doesn't make a lick of difference to the character's playablity UNLESS the update also mentions something that makes a lick of difference to the character's playability.

If it said "It is "Angel Island Zone." It is a song from "Sonic The Hedgehog 3," in which Knuckles first appeared. However he won't be making an appearance here." then you'd have a logical leg to stand on. All this says is that Angel Island Zone music was first used in Sonic the Hedgehog 3, the game that introduced Knuckles. No more, no less.

The only way it can connect to Knuckles at all is if Angel Island Zone is a stage, if it is, Angel Island, the home of Knuckles, would make a good home stage for Knuckles. Hence the slight increase on his playability by my list. I didn't mention that the whole lot has less than no chance of playable, Knuckles is just now slightly less impossible.

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice

Peach was in a picture in the dojo before she was revealed as playable, kind of making a flaw in your point.

Back to the sonic universe. There will be no other pc for the sonic series, maybe for the whole sega franchise, this is nintendo, and is supposed to be an nintendo all star game with 3rd party guests. But there is lot of potential for at, possibly like 10. Shadow might be an alt costume, while tails, knouckles, amy, rouge, creame, blaze, and any other sonic charecter not mentioned will most likely be Ats, I would like them to be AT, but not pc.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
There wont be too many ATs. Two or three maybe, but even thats pushing it. We have had only one or two ATs for each franchise at the moment, so we dont know the limit of AT per franchise.

SonicMario

Smash Master
The Mario series has over 2. If you count the Lakitu Sprite, Hammer Bro, and Waluigi. But that's 1st party anyway. Maybe we should stop talking about the limit of 3D party characters and talk on the number of 3rd party ATs. Like will Raiden be the only Metal Gear AT? If that is true, would only one Sonic AT make it? Would that be Tails or Knuckles?

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Im hoping for Tails and Knuckles to be ATs, but that's it. Unless of course one of them happens to be a PC, but chances of that happening is extreamly low. So, those two characters would do, anymore would be pushing it.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Not Metal Sonic due to his appearance in the SSE, there is NO point in using him as a AT if he is in the SSE. Unless ALL bosses can be Assist Trophies (Raquaza is a pokemon with can be used when summoned). If Petey Piranha is an AT then by all means Metal Sonic should be one as well.
I said he would be in the SSE due to a good fact it will help makes Sonic's role in the SSE more exciting and interesting.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Not Metal Sonic due to his appearance in the SSE, there is NO point in using him as a AT if he is in the SSE. Unless ALL bosses can be Assist Trophies (Raquaza is a pokemon with can be used when summoned). If Petey Piranha is an AT then by all means Metal Sonic should be one as well.
I said he would be in the SSE due to a good fact it will help makes Sonic's role in the SSE more exciting and interesting.

Is Metal Sonic a boss in the SSE?

Chances are the only villain in SSE will be Eggman, though.. I definitely picture the fat guy firing the Trophizising gun at Link or something..

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I'm not sure if this has been said but I'll say it anyway.
I can't see Shadow being a costume change, see the Wario Overalls update for why.
As for just a basic colour change, I'd see it as daft if on the victory screen at the end it says
"THIS GAMES WINNER...SONIC!"
When there's Shadow there.

Other than that, Eggman for a boss.
I wouldn't count on Metal Sonic or Chaos showing up.
Tails and/or Knuckles as assist trophies.
and finally, Blaze go die in a hole :)

Top Bottom