• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other possible Sonic characters in Brawl

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
I know this is in the Sonic topic but i think this should be here...

Anyways, as we all know the 3rd party characters will be a maxium of 2 (excluding sonic and snake). So does SEGA have another chance with getting another sonic character as playable or as an assist.
We know Silver is a sticker so far, but what about other characters like Shadow and Knuckles? If any other sonic character is most likely to be playable is Shadow the Hedgehog, mainly because he is the darker version of sonic. If he was playable i can guess some of the moves, stage and music he would have.

Standard special: Hand gun

Up special: Chaos Control

Side special: Chaos spear

Down special: G.U.N. vechile

Final Smash: Super Shadow Chaos Blast

Stage: Space Coloney A.R.K

Theme music: I am all of me

That is my personal opinion on this so i can understand whether or not you agree.

Silver will probably be an assist trophy, mainly because his skills are all practically the same so it would not be a good brawl character sorry. The same with Knuckles, Tails and Amy have a chance as well as assist trophies but i can't see what moves they would all have and a final smash which looks affective.

Metal sonic and Dr. Eggman will appear in the Subspace Emissary as a boss near the end of the game i am sure of it. It kind of makes sense really, the halberd is being used to spread the evil around... we're not sure whether metaknight is evil or not however Bowser, Ganondolf, Wario, King Dedede will definitely be villains so far...

Back to sonic now, his appearance in the Subspace emissary *personal thought* will be racing after the halberd when he notices someone falling from the Halberd (possibly Zelda or Peach which ever is captured) or he bumps into someone like mario in his entrance video.

any opinions?

Cless

Smash Champion
Sonic is going to be the only playable character. Tails and Knuckles could possibly be ATs, since MGS has one. If by some insane crazy-*** twist of fate Shadow was playable, he wouldn't use guns. If Snake isn't using guns, then Shadow wouldn't either.

Now this thread is pointless, it's been done and closed before.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
i was only asking opinions, and MGS uses weapons like grenades, missles and rockets... Shadow would have a more likely to either have a gun or another weapon he has used either in Sonic 2006 or Shadow the Hedgehog.

Also i was asking in general, from playable characters to assist trophies to anything else really. There is no harm in asking or stating your opinion.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'd go for Tails or Knuckles... Shadow can be covered with an Alt. Color.

I KNOW they're different. But they shouldn't add a character that looks so alike the main character.. specially if it's a 3rd party character whose spots in Brawl are limited (unlike Mario who can bear with a Luigi)

Tails could have moves from Sonic Championship and Sonic Battle and Sonic Advance... I'll make a moveset.

A: Punch, Punch, Tail.
A Side: Tail slam (Sonic Advance)
A Up: Magic Upper (Sonic Battle)
A Down: Tail sweep
A Dash: Tails dash rising (Sonic Battle)

Smash FWD: Super tail slam (Sonic Advance 2)
Smash DWN: Magic glove attack (Sonic Battle)
Smash UP: Tails Whirlwind (Sonic Advance 3)

Grab:
A: Punch
Down: Double stomp
Up: Tails propeller attack
Sides: Energy cannon blastout

Final Smash: Hops on vehicle from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and your able to fire multiple Homing missiles and powerful laser beams.

Alt Color schemes:

Orange (default)
Yellow (Super Tails)
White
Cyan (blue team)
Light red (red team)
light green (green team)

Taunts: Thumbs up Sonic Advance
Taunt 2: Yawn (Sonic 2)
Taunt 3: Sit and balance (Sonic 2)

Victory pose1: Sonic 3 Level complete
Victory pose 2: Sonic Advance 2 Level Complete
Victory pose 3: Sonic Heroes level complete.

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
i would love to have shadow heck even if he doesnt make it in i would be happy with a shadow alt costum for sonic but i think sakura made a rule of no guns so i guess u gotta change that

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
ok then, my bad... i guess i never saw that. However i still think if Shadow is playable he will have a weapon, maybe he will have a certain weapon possibly the sword from Shadow the hedgehog (the black arms one)

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
I think the best sonic character besides sonic to put in Brawl (even though there won't be one) is Knuckles. Think about it. One of the new features in Brawl is gliding and Knuckles can glide. He is also very strong and can be used as a heavyweight character. His attacks would be simple, barrage of punches. His final smash could have something to do with the master emerald and chaos control. Assist trophies i'd like to see are Eggman doing something in his flyer, Amy, hits people with her hammer, and tails in the tornado.

T-major

Smash Champion
No other Sonic character will be playable. end of story.

that being said, I would LOVE Knuckles in Brawl! he's somewhere on my list of "Top Ten characters that would be totally awesome, but have no chance of being playable in Brawl"

Cless

Smash Champion
Knuckles can't use Chaos Control, unless I missed something.

Well, might as well talk until the topic gets closed.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
If any other character gets in I would put my bet on Tails, he's the most iconic character next to Sonic and Robotnik(Eggman).
Also Sakurai could put a good use of his aerial abilities, he would have an awesome recovery since he can fly.
I would go for a mix of the Sonic Battle movesets, I am sure Sakurai could make an interesting movesets considering he created one for Captain Falcon who never even fought in his life before Super Smash Bros. and well Tails as been in various fighting game so it would not take much to create one.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, both of which aren't very good. I just think Tails would fit better as an AT. He could like fly you back to the stage or something if you get knocked off.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
But we are talking about the possiblity of a second possible character and I would choose Tails right away, it would be a waste if Tails was an AT.
We got Amy, Silver, Shadow, The Chaotix, Blaze etc they all fill that role better.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So let's suppose there IS no 3rd party barrier...

I'm pretty sure Sakurai would put another Sonic character instead of 2 more Mario characters. It kinda makes sense.

Plus.. the idea of Sonic and Tails in the Subspace Emmisary... I'm fairly sure it must've crossed Sakurai's mind...

I really can't choose, Tails or Knuckles... Tails aerials would be MONSTROUS!

If there are clone characters, Knuckles could be a slow Sonic with gliding ability (and less kicking and more punching).

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
nope Tails would be an assist, thats why in sonic 2, you had Tails 'assisting you if you needed'. Tails isn't a fighter, he maybe help with advice or something but not as a fighter. I know that Knuckles is more of a fighter but will he have the same skill as in SA2B? Also what is his Final smash be? Remember, the people who join brawl need a specific reason for being there are their stages are included in the subspace emissary so thats why i shadow to be honest. Knuckles as a possible 3rd but Shadow is the second major SEGA mascot in the shadow of Sonic. Shadow is more of a hedgehog tails really, always in Sonic's shadow and 2nd best to him like luigi as the plumber lil bro.

Shadow makes more sense in fighting moves and stuff but i cant see anyone else other than Shadow or Knuckles being a playable character, Assist trophies maybe like silver and amy but no more than that. Also most assist trophies are characters who didn't make the playable cut, they were potential characters to play as but never made it.

Cless

Smash Champion
Knuckles wouldn't be a clone of Sonic.

I'd rather have Knuckles playable instead of Tails. Tails was always in support of Sonic until SA, and even then, he still ended up in support of Sonic. I just think it would be funny if Tails' AT just followed you around and picked you up if you fell like in the old Sonic games.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Beside I am pretty sure Sakurai is aware of Tails being the Luigi from the Sonic series, Sonic&Tails Vs. Mario&Luigi would be the ultimate showdown between Nintendo and Sega.
Also if Sonic and Tails teamed up in the Subspace Emmisary it would be instant win, it would aknowledge Sonic 2 Co-op.
Knuckles came much later into all this, I am sure Knuckles can't get pass Tails in the priority-wise.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
well we can count sonic out since he is already confirmed really, i do want Metal sonic to return as well, he is such an awesome sonic villain. Subspace emissary should have him in it.

T-major

Smash Champion
well we can safely say its a 3 way battle for the next place between Shadow, Knuckles and Tails
no. just Knuckles and Tails. Shadow isn't important or iconic enough. besides, he's emo. emos aren't allowed in brawl.

and I support Metal Sonic, but ONLY (can't stress that enough) if it's Sonic CD Metal Sonic!!...... ONLY!

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
yes i would agree, but whats wrong with Shadow? ... no he isn't emo, he is a goth... different kettle of fish. Metal sonic in Sonic Heroes was quite a let down, only the original is best.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Even thought I don't like Shadow much, he isn't emo.
I just think Tails and Knuckles are better because they are classics and aren't of the same specy as the main hero either.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
However SEGA's true mascot is the Hedgehog, whether people like it or not that will boost Shadow's chances by a huge amount and also they assisted Sonic. Shadow never assisted him really, just battled against him.

Cless

Smash Champion
Please, most of these new Sonic characters are... just no. As trophies, that's it. Not even assist trophies, just stickers and trophies for people like Silver and such. I'd rather have the classic Sonic characters as ATs and whatnot. Pre-SA

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Fair point, i would have said No further than Sonic Heroes for any kind appearances. Blaze still may appear but silver is still very doubtful, but this is brawl so i don't really over look a character because usually its that character that appears.

Cless

Smash Champion
I wouldn't mind Blaze because she was pretty cool, and Sonic Rush was a quality game, but if it meant having her over a Tails, Knuckles, or even an Amy AT, I'd rather her be a trophy or something.

T-major

Smash Champion
Even thought I don't like Shadow much, he isn't emo.
I just think Tails and Knuckles are better because they are classics and aren't of the same specy as the main hero either.
whatever, even if he wasn't emo, he still isn't important or iconic enough. SEGA originally made him ONLY to be used in SA2 as a counterpart to Sonic's game play for the Dark storyline. if you recall, he died at the end of that game. showing that SEGA didn't originally plan on using him again. it was only because he was popular that they decided to come up with some ridiculous reason why he was still alive, and force him back into our games. he should have stayed dead, like he as supposed to.

EDIT: also, Stickers don't deconfirm anything, because they're just PNG images of official art, coded into the game in a simple way. they mean nothing, because they require hardly no effort to include.

kingbooforums

Smash Apprentice
metal sonic would be great he could launch missles use lazers fly temporarly ect, i mean honestly the perfect char for brawl right?

kingbooforums

Smash Apprentice
i just think he,d work out good i mean shadow would be to simmiler to sonic kncukles wouldent have that many cool attacks i just think metal sonic would be perfect.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
i just think he,d work out good i mean shadow would be to simmiler to sonic kncukles wouldent have that many cool attacks i just think metal sonic would be perfect.
Even though Metal Sonic is cool and all no its a waste, Tails and Knuckles are much better choice then him.
Also Metal Sonic is even more of a clone then Shadow is, in apparence and techniques.

Top Bottom