• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other possible Sonic characters in Brawl

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Also if anything a boss should stay a boss, Metal sonic should be a boss in the game, just not a playable character.... also since the GameCube games like sunshine has their bosses, i fear mephiles from sonic 2006 will appear or worse Black Doom. Oo; i want the classic villains and also one's that meant something. Also mephiles is a clone of Shadow so he is out of the question

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
i agree with you all the way there, Mephiles was ok for the game but not Brawl, it would cause an uproar. Shadow and Metal Sonic should have been the ONLY hedgehog characters besides sonic.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
If there could be another Sonic character, I would want it to be either Shadow or Knuckles. Tails and Metal Sonic are more suited as AT characters.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
We'll see I don't get it why you guys don't consider Tails as a fighter, he's weaker then Shadow and Knuckles but it doesn't mean he can't fight.
Like I said before saying a certain character can't fight isn't a good reason, Captain Falcon isn't a fighter nor are the Ice Climbers and I could name a few character in Brawl that shouldn't even be fighters either.

kingbooforums

Smash Apprentice
nope metal sonic and that,s it tails won,t do or shadow all to simmlere i mean metal sonic is a freakin robot who dosent like robots!

SonicMario

Smash Master
Tails's moveset from Sonic Battle would be awesome. But Tails is more likely AT, since Gray Fox was.

My Sonic universe expectations

Character(s): Sonic (ONLY)
Sticker(s): Silver, perhaps more
Boss (Maybe): Robotnik/Eggman
AT: Tails, perhaps more or a combination with Knux
Trophies: Sonic's fighter trophies, perhaps more characters to tell people more about this franchise.
Level: Green Hill Zone (hopefully)

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, I dunno. It is the future. They do have flying cars and whatnot. It's not inconceivable that Falcon enhanced himself somehow.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Yeah I know but nothing was said of his DBZ abilities, seriously he's really overpowered for a human!
He's the second fastest character next to Sonic for god sake, thats something.
Fighting game. Videogame. Fiction In General. There's no reason we have to pretend that a human can't be as strong as some fictional super being, because to interact with a fictional super being, the human would have to be fictional in the first place.

Anyway, I don't doubt that it's possible for another Sonic character to get in, but not more than one. It would either be Tails, if Sakurai decides to go for a more classic interpretation of Sonic, or Shadow, if he decides he likes the Adventure series better. (Or if he's feeling lazy and decides on a clone. Don't kid yourself people, we all know Shadow would be a luigi'ed Sonic.)

I'd prefer Tails, personally, although I do have to say that his hand-to-hand skills don't match up with someone like Sonic or Mario. And although Shadow would be a great, big pain in the neck, I think Sakurai could make him more bearable than Sega did(Like he was before he died.).

If Sakurai can make Jigglypuff cool, he can make anything cool.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
agreed, shadow and knuckles are more of the fighting type really.
That's not much of a valid point.... Tails is just as much a fighter as Knuckles is. Just because his personality doesn't scream Fighter, doesn't mean he should be pushed aside. He fought just as much as Knuckles in all of the sonic games, if not more.

I'm also sure you already know that there were plenty of non fighters in melee as well.

Just because tails assisted Sonic in the 2D games, that doesn't automatically mean he will be an AT. Tails was also a playable character, having him assist Sonic was just a plus.

---

Yeah, sure at first I was all over Knuckles being in Brawl, but if it meant that he would take the place of Tails, then no. Sure, Knuckles could have just a unique a move set as Tails, but Tails is Sonic's right hand man, as well as he is more popular than Knuckles.

---

SEGA's mascot is not A hedgehog. It's Sonic THE Hedgehog. Just because Shadow is a hedgehog, that doesn't (or shouldn't) make him more likely than anyone else.

---

Metal Sonic as a Playable character? No.
People are complaining about not having a Sonic cop-out, and Metal Sonic would be that. Unless they make up a move set for him.
EDIT: Also if by the off chance that Metal Sonic is in it, it should be this Metal Sonic:

Not the one from Sonic 3, that should fit the category of FS.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
well all we can actually do for now is wait and see if anyone is right, (well someone will be right *probably Cless*) but still we all have to wait till it is in our homes or updated on the DOJO

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
How are we so sure there won't be another Sonic character?

Sure, Sakurai said 2-3 more 3rd parties.... but that was a heck of a long time ago! (Almost two years now). He could've changed his mind already. And adding ONE more character for the Sonic franchise wouldn't hurt at all. Seeing how many reps Mario, Kirby, Zelda,and Pokemon get...

I think it should be Tails. I love Knuckles.. but Tails comes before Knux.
Tails' final smash could be riding the Tornado "walker" from Sonic Adventure 2. :p Until it's destroyed.

SSE wise, though, Knuckles would be more probable.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Let me clear this up. Tails IS an assist trophy. He's been spotted at E for All, or so I've heard. He follows you for a while and may you fall off(not being knocked off sidewards or upwards) he'll carry you up. He'll do that untill his time limit is up.

They have permission to use multiple Sonic characters, but most ones will end up as an alternative Sonic costume/color, will be shown as a sticker, or get to play the role of an assist trophy, like Tails. Some evil ones will probably be used as bosses for the SE. I hope one of them will be Metal Sonic, but I guess Eggman is just too predictable as a boss.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Never ever heard of anyone seeing a Tails Assist Trophy... the boards would KNOW. There would be screenshots all over the place...

Though that's basically what I would imagine TAils to be doing if he's in AT form.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
What?! Tails was spotted at the E for all?! That can't be right, like shinhed-echi said, it would be all over the board and also on the DOJO by now if im right.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Which is kinda true, since in melee Marth and Roy both appeared, Lucas was meant to be in melee but Mother 3 was delayed so Lucas was cut from Melee. Samus is kinda a solo character and zero suit samus is kind of the other character. Ice climbers were the only characters from their game as well as Mr. Game and Watch. So like i said earlier *not in the exact words*, don't under or over estimate Brawl, it still has plenty to show us till its released in January.

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
there are "5" characters from the mushroom kingdom in Melee IIRC (Dr./Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser) So characters usually come in pairs, there should be some sort of Sonic assist trophy, seeing how Snake has Gray Wolf was it?

Joybuzzy

Smash Rookie
It will might perphas just be the three hedgehogs, Sliver and Shadow, but Sliver hasn't made his show in Sonic and Mario Ompylic games cause Vector took his place. But their more fangirls for Shadow so chances are Shadow will appear unless like in Secert Rings, Tails and Knuckles were two main side characters...So its bewteen the hedgehogs and foxy echdina.

Cless

Smash Champion
What?! Tails was spotted at the E for all?! That can't be right, like shinhed-echi said, it would be all over the board and also on the DOJO by now if im right.
It wouldn't necessarily be on the dojo, but definitely the board.

Shadow for costume or trophy. I highly doubt he'll be more than that.

SonicMario

Smash Master
It will might perphas just be the three hedgehogs, Sliver and Shadow, but Sliver hasn't made his show in Sonic and Mario Ompylic games cause Vector took his place. But their more fangirls for Shadow so chances are Shadow will appear unless like in Secert Rings, Tails and Knuckles were two main side characters...So its bewteen the hedgehogs and foxy echdina.
Silver is an unlockable in the game, DK with him as well. Or so some cheat site told me (CheatCC)

volbound1700

Smash Master
What about the good doctor Robotnik and what makes people think that Sonic and MGS series will be so limited and won't have a lot of other appearances from characters in their series. MGS has already revealed to have stage and codexs. I can see another Sonic character making it.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
It would be best if Tails, Knuckles and Shadow were AT.
Cuz if one of them gets in along with Sonic I can already see alot of people getting mad because their favorites doesn't get in.
However if Nintendo ever makes another Super smash bros, I am sure it will include Tails and Knuckles along with a preferably secret unlockable Shadow.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
It would be best if Tails, Knuckles and Shadow were AT.
Cuz if one of them gets in along with Sonic I can already see alot of people getting mad because their favorites doesn't get in.
However if Nintendo ever makes another Super smash bros, I am sure it will include Tails and Knuckles along with a preferably secret unlockable Shadow.
If Jesus came down from heaven and started handing out divine providence, fanboys would complain about him not doing it with better graphics. You'll always find a whiner, whether you look for one or not. And with all the opinionated folks I've seen, your'e going to find plenty of whiners no matter what nintendo does with other characters.

MeLOVESdaPikachu

Smash Cadet
My thoughts?

a) Knuckles could use the new gliding. Plus, he punches stuff.

b) Tails' up+B could make him fly. His Final Smash could summon his plane.

c) Shadow's Final Smash could be Chaos Control. Freeze the world and beat everyone else to a bloody pulp. xD

d) Amy has a hammer. Lolz.

There's support for several characters.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
This following article just improved the chance of getting more Sonic characters
I quote:

"At E3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl's designer Masahiro Sakurai announced that the game will include Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection gameplay but no specifics have yet been revealed, and it will also likely feature four-player VS play but other options are being considered - including the possibility that more characters could be added.
Quite simply, Super Smash Bros. Brawl promises to be the biggest, baddest, brawniest Smash Bros. yet when it's released in 2007. "

So maybe Tails, Knuckles and Shadow appearing might not be impossible if they keep their word of adding extra characters through Wi-Fi connection.

Source:
http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/...do?ElementId=SS7FXl8xwNfnaI7xv69LyLH2j8ZyJ6bv

SonicMario

Smash Master
I meant maybe it might not point to 3rd party. It did not point out 3rd parties, It is most likely saying that there will be more characters then Melee. That does not necessarily mean more 3rd parties playable. Unless you meant ATs not PCs.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
SonicMario has a point, and also consider how old that notice was from E3. Nearly over or has been over a year ago, so it may have been altered but i do believe that another sonic character will have his/her chance to shine no doubt about it.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
If I had my choice, Knuckles just because he's my favorite and...
-Uniqueness-Glides, Powerful punches, Could dig into the ground to create pitfalls, Hopefully able to crawl on walls
-Storyline-Brainwashed like in sonic and knuckles, making him a villian

But doctor robotnik would be pretty awesome
-His vehicle would morph depending on B's
-Naturally would have rockets for
-He would be very heavy making in both fox style and Bowser style
-He would have a huge hitbox
-He would be rather slow unless in helimode or car mode and DK or less speed with Osterich

Knuckles B's
-B-Charge up Punch (Charge it up like links arrow, but attacks area like captian falcon)
-forB-SOnic spinball (like sonics forward B
-DowB-Dig into the ground/create a pitfall
-UpB-Uppercut (like marths/Roys old upB)
-A attack type-His offensive moves (dashing, combo A, tilt, fair, nair, upair, Smashfor, Smashup) would be either quick or powerful while everything else has some lag time before or after making it a little less worthwhile using

Robotnik B's
-B-Fire small homing rockets (Do like 1-2 damage and stuns a little [more for starting up a combo or for stopping momentum])
-ForB-Car Mode (Use teh drill)
-DowB-Ostrich mode (run around on high legs with long arms)
-UpB-Helicopter Mode
-A attack type-Each vehicle has different attacks
but for the most part, each attack corresponds to where each vehicles weapons are
-Ostritch mode-Good for tilts and ariels (works like a mix of marth and DK with less priority or range)
-Car mode-Good for dashing/Edgegaurding (Car mode has no blowback so everyhit is a combo hit
-Helicopter mode- Good for upair, uptilt, upsmash

Every attack that Robotniks vehicle can't do while in a craze mode, he reaches out of the vehicle and does himself
His grab is a grappling hook

In other words,
-Robotnik must adjust to each situation
--When people are distracted/off the edge-Use teh Car
--When you are fighting one on one or any amount of people-keep a good distance with ostrich
--When people are in the air/you are off the stage-Use the helicopter
--And all the while Fire dem rockets to make sure that you can get more momentum and an attack without fear of them attacking

Inother words, the coolest character eva.
PS: I wouldn't want Shadow because he seems like a coperate character used only to support storyline/boost sales and it seems little to no imagintation was put into him

Top Bottom