• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other possible Sonic characters in Brawl

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Big's 3rd emblem missions are hard.
Cat's gotta be tough to pull in those 2000G fishes. Anyone willing to start the "Big the Cat Offical Thread?"

B: Lose Froggy-Big tosses Froggy at his foes.
Side-B: Fishing Line- Big casts his line towards and enemy, if it hooks them, it pulls them closer.
Up-B: Umbrella Float- Big floats up using his umbrella. This does no damage but anyone who touches him bounces away.
Down-B: Belly Flop- Big does a small hop, then smashes into the ground with his full body weight.

Final Smash: I dunno, the team blast from Sonic Heroes?
Up-Taunt: Raises his hands in the air and says, "Aww...now what am I gonna do?"
Side Taunt: Looks around and asks, "Froggy?"
Down Taunt: Hugs Froggy and says, "Froggy I found yoooooou!"

finalark

SNORLAX
Cat's gotta be tough to pull in those 2000G fishes. Anyone willing to start the "Big the Cat Offical Thread?"

B: Lose Froggy-Big tosses Froggy at his foes.
Side-B: Fishing Line- Big casts his line towards and enemy, if it hooks them, it pulls them closer.
Up-B: Umbrella Float- Big floats up using his umbrella. This does no damage but anyone who touches him bounces away.
Down-B: Belly Flop- Big does a small hop, then smashes into the ground with his full body weight.

Final Smash: I dunno, the team blast from Sonic Heroes?
Up-Taunt: Raises his hands in the air and says, "Aww...now what am I gonna do?"
Side Taunt: Looks around and asks, "Froggy?"
Down Taunt: Hugs Froggy and says, "Froggy I found yoooooou!"
No... I can't think of anyone that actually like that cat. when I way playing through Sonic Adventure I just wanted to reach into my TV and strangle the guy...

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Why shadow's standard special move have to be that hand gun from his game?

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Chaos Nightmare was from Sonic Battle as a heavy attack after Shadow did the standard 3 attacks, also its hard to explain the attack... *seaches for sprite*

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that should be so. The only reason Shadow came back alive after SA2 and got his game was because of how popular he is. I mean the only sonic character that is more popular is Sonic himself. Shadow fans should just be happy that they beat most classic characters at being in the top 3. Shadow doesn't need that sort of representation.

EXactly y shadow should be Playable! and the most likely choice than tails n knuckles..seriously shadow is waaay more popular than tails n knuckles..Tails is just a sidekick..Perfect at trophy imo...Knuckles..AT or out..no need to have him..Shadow is Perfect as a playable character..his attiude,speed,possible crazy movesets..also not to mention brawl needs more villian characters right?

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
EXactly y shadow should be Playable! and the most likely choice than tails n knuckles..seriously shadow is waaay more popular than tails n knuckles..Tails is just a sidekick..Perfect at trophy imo...Knuckles..AT or out..no need to have him..Shadow is Perfect as a playable character..his attiude,speed,possible crazy movesets..also not to mention brawl needs more villian characters right?
I think what he means is that Shadow has gotten enough publicity through being in his own game and that either Tails or Knuckles should have their turn in the spot light.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
um no not exactly..i think u mean the complete opposite..cause i feel Shadow should be in it more than tails or knuckles..i think all u lil kids want tails and knuckles..and all the cool guys want Shadow :)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
.... I think the kids are the ones who actually want Shadow... and the ones who've been around since Sonic 2 want Tails and/or Knuckles instead...

It took Wario 3 tries to get into SSB (as a character and not an alt. costume).

Daisy is already in as an alt as well...

Why in heaven's name wouldn't Sakurai do the same with Shadow? (And from what I've heard, Sonic DOES have a Shadow recolor). Specially if he likes going all classic on Sonic...

I don't think Shadow is as wanted/popular as you guys say he is... Even though I don't dislike him, Shadow embodies the decline of Sonic games to many. (I don't agree with that, but that's a different story).

Judging from characters that Sakurai adds to the roster I can say...

Main characters 1st (Mario, Link, Kirby, DK. Fox...)
Sidekicks 2nd (Peach, Luigi, Zelda/Sheik, Falco, Diddykong, Metaknight...)
Villains 3rd (Bowser, Dedede, Ganondorf, Mewtwo...)

as priority goes. Now Shadow is somewhere in between Sidekicks and Villains. While Tails and Knuckles are plain SIDEKICKS.
Not to mention they came first, so that insanely boosts their chances over Shadow (which, again, can be a Sonic color).

P.S.
The only real advantage Shadow holds over Tails and Knukles is, if Sakurai goes lazy, and decides to use the same Sonic model to make Shadow and give him slightly different moves (AKA clones / lugify).

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
um no not exactly..i think u mean the complete opposite..cause i feel Shadow should be in it more than tails or knuckles..i think all u lil kids want tails and knuckles..and all the cool guys want Shadow :)
... Then I would rather be a little kid. He is not going to give Sonic's Clone original attacks. There is a greater chance of him being Luigified than being unique.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
.... I think the kids are the ones who actually want Shadow... and the ones who've been around since Sonic 2 want Tails and/or Knuckles instead...

It took Wario 3 tries to get into SSB (as a character and not an alt. costume).

Daisy is already in as an alt as well...

Why in heaven's name wouldn't Sakurai do the same with Shadow? (And from what I've heard, Sonic DOES have a Shadow recolor). Specially if he likes going all classic on Sonic...

I don't think Shadow is as wanted/popular as you guys say he is... Even though I don't dislike him, Shadow embodies the decline of Sonic games to many. (I don't agree with that, but that's a different story).

Judging from characters that Sakurai adds to the roster I can say...

Main characters 1st (Mario, Link, Kirby, DK. Fox...)
Sidekicks 2nd (Peach, Luigi, Zelda/Sheik, Falco, Diddykong, Metaknight...)
Villains 3rd (Bowser, Dedede, Ganondorf, Mewtwo...)

as priority goes. Now Shadow is somewhere in between Sidekicks and Villains. While Tails and Knuckles are plain SIDEKICKS.
Not to mention they came first, so that insanely boosts their chances over Shadow (which, again, can be a Sonic color).

P.S.
The only real advantage Shadow holds over Tails and Knukles is, if Sakurai goes lazy, and decides to use the same Sonic model to make Shadow and give him slightly different moves (AKA clones / lugify).
How is shadow in between Sidekicks and villains? how can u see Shadow as a sidekick lol i cant even see knuckles as a sidekick..tails on the other hand yea..totally a sidekick cause what did he do in sonic 2...yea u guessed it FOLLOW sonic everywhere he goes..wow follower yea..Shadow isnt a follower sorry to say. Since clones wont be in this time Shadow will definatly not be lugified.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
How can you all like shadow,
He's a cheap excuse of a character

ZOMG, An Anti-Sonic
THats hardly original

At least knuckles is a different animal
Plus he would probably be one of the most loved characters if he had a Hero's Bow charge up punch
And a pit fasll made from digging in the ground

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
How is shadow in between Sidekicks and villains? how can u see Shadow as a sidekick lol i cant even see knuckles as a sidekick..tails on the other hand yea..totally a sidekick cause what did he do in sonic 2...yea u guessed it FOLLOW sonic everywhere he goes..wow follower yea..Shadow isnt a follower sorry to say. Since clones wont be in this time Shadow will definatly not be lugified.
I actually agree, but Tails isn't only a followers, he CAN be if you wanted to and he helps out Sonic because he's his friend. But Tails can just as well do it on his own, just like Knuckles, just like Shadow, just like Sonic, having him FOLLOW Sonic was just realistic and also a plus.

Also by side kicks he meant secondary characters, which is what Shadow is, it has nothing to do with following others.

Also, Shadow as a character is still basically a Sonic rip off, sure, he brought to the series a set of new moves (And Sonic is capable of doing every one by the way, abusing the emeralds just isn't Sonic's style is all), but The 2 are still the same, just different color and personality.

Really? Clones aren't going to be in Brawl, that would be great, I would like to know where you got this though.

SonicMario

Smash Master
BLASPHEMY

It's the cool kids who want Shadow. Real guys would vote for Tails or Knux.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
BLASPHEMY

It's the cool kids who want Shadow. Real guys would vote for Tails or Knux.
... then that would make me a real cool guy, im not fussed if shadow, knuckles or tails are playable really. I'm just putting out thoughts that speculate both the retro side and the shadow side.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
if anything Shadow or knuckles i would be cool with tails bein an AT but like i said brawl needs more villians..too many good guys as it is =\

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
If he's an assist its going to be something simple, like what the rumor said about him.
If he is playable though its probably not going to happen I would got for the Tornado, dropping bombs, sending missiles and using the main laser cannon to finish the FS.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
I don't really think it matters whether the characters are villainous or not.

Since Sonic can harness the powers of the emeralds as well, I believe that he could do all the chaos stuff Shadow can do if he tried, but eh... I guess it wouldn't matter either way.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
.... seriously Shadow created the Chaos moves, if you recall sonic copied the chaos control. Then Shadow developed Chaos Blast and Chaos Spear (which 4kids decided to do) was already at his disposal.

A super Shadow Chaos Blast would be Shadow's final smash thats final! Not Chaos Control!!

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
.... seriously Shadow created the Chaos moves, if you recall sonic copied the chaos control. Then Shadow developed Chaos Blast and Chaos Spear (which 4kids decided to do) was already at his disposal.

A super Shadow Chaos Blast would be Shadow's final smash thats final! Not Chaos Control!!
Yeah, I know. I'm just sure he could copy all the others if he needed to.

And yeah, that would be a better FS that Chaos Control.

Formula1 said:
How can you all like shadow,
He's a cheap excuse of a character

ZOMG, An Anti-Sonic
THats hardly original

At least knuckles is a different animal
Plus he would probably be one of the most loved characters if he had a Hero's Bow charge up punch
And a pit fall made from digging in the ground
I think a good Down Special for Knuckles would be where he punches the ground and it does that one explosive lava thing like he does in Sonic Heroes when he has 3 power ups.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
na his down special will be like SA2B,

Down Special: Drill dive

Up Special: Climb or up thrust (a super powered upper cut)

Side Special: Gliding

Standard Special: Meter Punch (Like DK standard special but with both fists)

finalark

SNORLAX
I don't know, if would have set side B as something else... I just can't think of it yet.

And he would be one of the gliding characters in the game, obviously.

I got his side B:

Drill Punch: For those of you who have played Sonic Adventure or Sonic Adventure 2 you will remember Knuckle's final punch after a running punch combo, it would be that.

If you haven't played it is where he spins in the air only slightly off the ground while punching at the same time.

howw1313

Smash Rookie
I know this is in the Sonic topic but i think this should be here...

Anyways, as we all know the 3rd party characters will be a maxium of 2 (excluding sonic and snake). So does SEGA have another chance with getting another sonic character as playable or as an assist.
We know Silver is a sticker so far, but what about other characters like Shadow and Knuckles? If any other sonic character is most likely to be playable is Shadow the Hedgehog, mainly because he is the darker version of sonic. If he was playable i can guess some of the moves, stage and music he would have.

Standard special: Hand gun

Up special: Chaos Control

Side special: Chaos spear

Down special: G.U.N. vechile

Final Smash: Super Shadow Chaos Blast

Stage: Space Coloney A.R.K

Theme music: I am all of me

That is my personal opinion on this so i can understand whether or not you agree.

Silver will probably be an assist trophy, mainly because his skills are all practically the same so it would not be a good brawl character sorry. The same with Knuckles, Tails and Amy have a chance as well as assist trophies but i can't see what moves they would all have and a final smash which looks affective.

Metal sonic and Dr. Eggman will appear in the Subspace Emissary as a boss near the end of the game i am sure of it. It kind of makes sense really, the halberd is being used to spread the evil around... we're not sure whether metaknight is evil or not however Bowser, Ganondolf, Wario, King Dedede will definitely be villains so far...

Back to sonic now, his appearance in the Subspace emissary *personal thought* will be racing after the halberd when he notices someone falling from the Halberd (possibly Zelda or Peach which ever is captured) or he bumps into someone like mario in his entrance video.

any opinions?

THATS A GOOD IDEA BUT I THINKK SHADOW IS AN ALTERNATE COSTUME FOR SONIC BUT I BELIEVE SILVER SHOULD BE A CHARACTER COSTUME!!!!!!!!!!:lick:

finalark

SNORLAX
The only real problem I can see with your move set made for Shadow, Demoncannon, is Nintendo is very anti-firearms so his standard be Could be a Black Arms weapon.

How would his Down B work? Like Wario's Side B?

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
I don't really think it matters whether the characters are villainous or not.

Since Sonic can harness the powers of the emeralds as well, I believe that he could do all the chaos stuff Shadow can do if he tried, but eh... I guess it wouldn't matter either way.
Well it doesnt seem like sonic harnessed any emeralds powers since his inclusion in brawl now has he? At least i didnt see any other special powers than his final smash..so heres to hopeing shadow gets in brawl with all his off the WALL, way better than Tails/knuckles ,Moves ;)

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
Well it doesnt seem like sonic harnessed any emeralds powers since his inclusion in brawl now has he? At least i didnt see any other special powers than his final smash..so heres to hopeing shadow gets in brawl with all his off the WALL, way better than Tails/knuckles ,Moves ;)
*Shrugs* By that statement, I was just proving that Sonic and Shadow can do the same thing and have the same abilities. I'm glad he's not abusing the emeralds in brawl. That wouldn't be Sonic at all.

Well, that's your opinion. I just think that the fact that he seems to solely rely on the emeralds, and his guns, as weak. As well as I believe that having characters that looked almost the exact same way as pointless. Just as pointless as Dr. Mario was in melee. If he does some how magically squeeze his way past Tails and Knuckles then he should have a unique move set if they can make up some more moves for him.

Tails and Knuckles can still have a more unique, and self reliant, move set.

finalark

SNORLAX
*Shrugs* By that statement, I was just proving that Sonic and Shadow can do the same thing and have the same abilities. I'm glad he's not abusing the emeralds in brawl. That wouldn't be Sonic at all.

Well, that's your opinion. I just think that the fact that he seems to solely rely on the emeralds, and his guns, as weak. As well as I believe that having characters that looked almost the exact same way as pointless. Just as pointless as Dr. Mario was in melee. If he does some how magically squeeze his way past Tails and Knuckles then he should have a unique move set if they can make up some more moves for him.

Actually, Sonic doesn't have the same abilities as Shadow. The only shared one is Chaos Control.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Sonic doesn't have the same abilities as Shadow. The only shared one is Chaos Control.

Omg thank you! finally someone that agrees with me in terms that shadow is capable of his own unique movesets..therefore he Will NOT be a luigified clone.. seems like u would want shadow in too right? Seems u actually like Serious type characters since u have vincent as ur avy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcloud
Well it doesnt seem like sonic harnessed any emeralds powers since his inclusion in brawl now has he? At least i didnt see any other special powers than his final smash..so heres to hopeing shadow gets in brawl with all his off the WALL, way better than Tails/knuckles ,Moves

n ur finally agreein with me man..i never said tails n knuckles cant have a unique moveset my only agrument this whole time was making u guys see Shadow being in it just as much as tails/knuckles..and that Shadow wont even be close to bein a "luigified" clone to Sonic..not even close =\ Remember shadow does skate instead of run like sonic does

Top Bottom