• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other possible Sonic characters in Brawl

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
SonicMario has a point, and also consider how old that notice was from E3. Nearly over or has been over a year ago, so it may have been altered but i do believe that another sonic character will have his/her chance to shine no doubt about it.
Well, the Silver Sticker proves that there's no legal barrier. If Sakurai had to buy rights for likenesses, he wouldn't have bought Silver without Tails or Eggman. So we're defintiely going to see other Sonic characters, even if only as stickers/ regular trophies. And Gray Fox shows that he's not worried about letting a 3rd party non-main character be an assist trophy. So the only thing we can't reliably ascertain is that other Sonic characters have a chance to be playable.

Well, Sakurai can still surprise us. . .

Edit: @Forumla1: Those movesets are kind of hard to read. But I like Knuckles's neutral B.

finalark

SNORLAX
As much as I would like to see Shadow as a playable char, he's probably going to be and Assist trophy if anything. He could pop out and use Chaos Sphere or Chaos Blast or something of the sort.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Shadow should use Chaos Control as a recovery mode a la Zelda teleportation and Chaos spear should be a B move. I agree Chaos Blast would be a very good FS.

Knuckles could glide to recover but I really have no freaking idea what his FS could be.

Tails recovery would be by flying and his FS should be him summoning his plane the Tornado and doing something on the field with it.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
It would be nice to see another Sega character, but there won't be another one. why? Why waste a another 3rd party character on another Sega character where there are more iconic characters like Megaman.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
.... if we asked for megaman we would go to the megaman topic, we are just giving each other ideas.

Shadow is a good character whether people like him or not, he made the sonic series have a fresh feel to it. I mean it wasn't everyday a hedgehog who (though you can clearly tell the difference) looked like sonic i some sort of way. (Stupid Amy Rose in SA2B) Without Shadow, Silver would probably have taken Shadow's place and been in every other game like Sonic Riders. Silver i dislike, mainly his skills are weak, he looks bad and was probably thrown together in a short period of time

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
.... if we asked for megaman we would go to the megaman topic, we are just giving each other ideas.

Shadow is a good character whether people like him or not, he made the sonic series have a fresh feel to it. I mean it wasn't everyday a hedgehog who (though you can clearly tell the difference) looked like sonic i some sort of way. (Stupid Amy Rose in SA2B) Without Shadow, Silver would probably have taken Shadow's place and been in every other game like Sonic Riders. Silver i dislike, mainly his skills are weak, he looks bad and was probably thrown together in a short period of time
Silver is probably weaker then Cream without his telekenesis skills he look so frail and weak.
I agree that Shadow brought something to the series, but when he got his game I am sorry but the series declined.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
I will admit the Shadow the Hedgehog game was a huge upset, i didn't care to be honest, it was a SHADOW game and that was all i cared about really. The idea you have to start the story over again about 326 time to fully complete the game was just madness, i got sick of the character introductions after the 12 time round and Black Doom was a big .... flop. Im still a true Shadow Fan regardless to how bad the game was, it was rushed like sonic 2006 and ended up in the hate books. Sadly it did deserve it... Also i just thought Jet and the bablyon rouges maybe an AT by flying across the screen on their extreme gears.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
Knuckles Final Smash
-Super Knuckles- He can grab them emralds too ya know, only his difference is he goes slower but can attak the stage and can make people go flying like DK's down B

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Knuckles Final Smash
-Super Knuckles- He can grab them emralds too ya know, only his difference is he goes slower but can attak the stage and can make people go flying like DK's down B
Knuckles superform along with Tails was retconned by Sega, he can't do it anymore.
Also it would make Sonic FS not look as original, so no its a pretty horrible FS.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
Considering anymore from the Sonic series dont take up any 3rd party slot like u said..I would have to go with Shadow over anyone else..seriously u guys all look down on him. If u think about it like someone mentioned before he can use chaos control to teleport back to the stage or anywhere. Its like mewtwo with sonic's speed..almost..kinda..not really but u get the point lol. I dont like the idea how ppl think Shadow's serious attidude is "emo" or watever but i think its way better than alot of the other brawl characters. In other words we have to many happy go lucky characters already in brawl. Also Shadow has crazzy potential for movesets more so than tails n knuckles in my opinon. (hopes theres shadow fans out there that can back me up! lol)

Cless

Smash Champion
Shadow would literally be a Luigified clone of Sonic. So you make Chaos Control his up b and Chaos Spear his down b or something. He'd still have a Spin Dash and Homing Attack. They wouldn't use any of his guns from Shadow the Hedgehog. His Final Smash would have to Super Shadow in this case. He would have less traction than Sonic due to the way he runs. I just don't like it. I'd rather have Tails or Knuckles.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
Ur right about the luigified clone but..considering(hopefully) that Sakurai is bringing back luigi,ganon,young link,Falco..etc as thier own unique movesets..they could possibly make Shadow a completely unique character.. i mean yea sure Shadow will still have his spin dash/homing attack..but wouldnt knuckles n tails have the same result? And about Shadow's final smash..it can be something with chaos control..i mean anything creative that comes to mind. All final smashes thus far have been seriously thought out nicely and all of which look amazeing..i kno for sure Shadow's final smash would be just as great if not better than sonic's final smash :)

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
Well, how about they add everyone there were rumours about in Melee? There were rumours about both Sonic and Wario, and they're in. Which leaves us with Tails and Toad.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Knuckles superform along with Tails was retconned by Sega, he can't do it anymore.
Also it would make Sonic FS not look as original, so no its a pretty horrible FS.
The last thing I read, they still HAVE super forms, they were just changed from what they originally were

Edit: ****it, this thread messed up when I hit last

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Why should Shadow have Chaos Control as a final Smash? It should be Chaos Blast or a Super Shadow Chaos Blast. That would be
A. much more devastating
B. Chaos Control would be unfair due slowing down everyone making slow characters practically freeze
C. Chaos Control should be his Up special so he can get on a ledge if knocked off screen. (Only if it's in range of course.

Cless

Smash Champion
Ur right about the luigified clone but..considering(hopefully) that Sakurai is bringing back luigi,ganon,young link,Falco..etc as thier own unique movesets..they could possibly make Shadow a completely unique character.. i mean yea sure Shadow will still have his spin dash/homing attack..but wouldnt knuckles n tails have the same result? And about Shadow's final smash..it can be something with chaos control..i mean anything creative that comes to mind. All final smashes thus far have been seriously thought out nicely and all of which look amazeing..i kno for sure Shadow's final smash would be just as great if not better than sonic's final smash :)
Knuckles and Tails can't do the Homing Attack, and would have a very different moveset.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Cless is right, the only skill they would have the same is the jump... Well i still want Shadow in but i know they is a dream, so Knuckles is the next best thing for me, he seems more likely

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
There were alot more Rumoured characters than just tails and Toad..like lucas for example.
And guess what, they put Lucas in so that's 3 rumored characters that made it into brawl.

Cless is right, the only skill they would have the same is the jump... Well i still want Shadow in but i know they is a dream, so Knuckles is the next best thing for me, he seems more likely
I don't know. I still think Tails is just as likely as Knuckles in making it in. As much as I love Knuckles.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, but Lucas is 1st party. Tails isn't, and Toad would be the biggest joke character ever. He would literally be like Servbot. In fact, I bet his FS would be a Toad bum rush.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
Knuckles and Tails can't do the Homing Attack, and would have a very different moveset.
I think theres only room for 1 fox in smash bros and thats Fox! :p
Anyways i feel shadow should be in instead of tails and knuckles..seriously they could still give shadow a Laser gun just like fox n falco's guns.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Anyways i feel shadow should be in instead of tails and knuckles..seriously they could still give shadow a Laser gun just like fox n falco's guns.
Would you rather have a Fox that has a original moveset, or a clone moveset of Fox for someone that even isn't a fox :p

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I thought the only good enough Puffball in Smash was Kirby... until I unlocked Jigglypuff...

Then I thought it was cool to have just one plumber... until I unlocked Luigi...

At first I thought it was cool to haveONE Princess fighting with the main characters... then I also saw Zelda.

I thought one monkey was good enough... now we have Diddy.

I thought one swordsman was enough.. until I unlocked Marth.

I think we can have another Fox, no problem. :p

Besides... who'd want to miss a match between to mech-loving foxes!

(actually, I liked having two puffballs, two plumbers, two princesses, two swordsme, two monkeys, etc)

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Well those 4 are the only possible extra playable character for brawl, all 4 have a chance and also even if they're ATs at least they were considered as playable or just due for 'fan service'

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Indeed it was and Metal sonic was a key villain now as well as Eggman. That is why Metal sonic was the main villain in Sonic The Hedgehog the Movie, that was such a good film.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
but that would be a cool alt costume for Knuckles if he's playable, a treasure hunter Knuckles with cowboy hat, SA2B alt costume, SA2B accessories, SADX accessories, Sonic Riders and finally a sinbad Knuckles from (Sercet rings).

Good possible alt costumes except the last one (just ran out of ideas)

Cless

Smash Champion
Please, no SA2 accessories. Knuckles wore way too much stuff in that game and it looked terrible.

Big's 3rd emblem missions are hard.

finalark

SNORLAX
All I can say is if one more Sonic character should be in the game it should be Shadow. After all, he needs all the help he can get after that whole Shadow the Hedgehog game.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I don't think that should be so. The only reason Shadow came back alive after SA2 and got his game was because of how popular he is. I mean the only sonic character that is more popular is Sonic himself. Shadow fans should just be happy that they beat most classic characters at being in the top 3. Shadow doesn't need that sort of representation.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
true but shadow fans can still dream about him being but also his known skills bring up interest due to how unique they are compared sonic

Top Bottom