• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other possible Sonic characters in Brawl

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Sounds possible but Sonic was not the worst idea, Master Chief would be the worst as well as Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. Knuckles and Shadow have the best chance, both have unique move sets and also things would be interesting, also consider how they would fit into the SSE.
The only bone i have to pick about Shadow is because if he has his bad *** attitude like he did in SA2 then i would really happy. Shadow should have his dark side back, that is why there are so many shadow haters around, all because of his stupid amnesia from Sonic Heroes onwards.
Stop being delusional, Shadow doesn't stand a chance at all.
Tails and Knuckles are more likely then him that's for sure, I still think that if Sakurai decided to add another character it would be Tails no doubt about it.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Completely agree with Nightmare.

For Sonic reps these are my prioritys. (Be aware that this all in my Opinion. SO don't flame me)

1. Sonic only (Most likely, and I'd actually prefer this to shut up many crazy Shadow fans)
2. Sonic and Tails as seperate characters (If there had to be a 2nd rep)
3. Sonic and Knuckles as seperate characters (IF Tails is out of the question:p)

Once again no Flaming

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
My Priority:
1. Team Sonic if any other option that just Sonic.

A way to settle my differences with people who like Tails over Knux. Why not switch like PT. That way we have all 3. Though it would never happen, I like this idea, b/c no one gets disappointed.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
I want to play as Tails. :)

And he has the best possibility. Why?

1. Shadow and Silver are newer, and would just be clones. We have enough spinning. HOWEVER I do see Shadow being a Boss.

2. Tails appeared in the second Sonic game and has appeared in more than the others.

3. Knuckles.... why can't both Tails and Knuckles be in the game? Who said there had to be a limit? He's a good choice (Sonic & Knuckles), but I'd rather see Sonic with a good ally. There's many people who remember Sonic 2 more than the others.
I call the "unfair to other franchises" hogwash argument. I guess Mario is unfair because it's the most popular and has the most PCs to someone like Kirby. That same can be applied to Sonic. He/his franchise, is, by FAR, THE MOST POPULAR out of ANY 3RD PARTY FRANCHISE TO BE PUT IN BRAWL.

Tails AT? Sadly, I see this coming..... but what would he do? I think he would act like a 1-Up. Get his trophy, and then you get a little Tails icon by your stock. If someone you fall off the stage, he activates and pulls you back up onto the stage. It'd be the same effect as when you get off the return platform, so you'd be invincible and would prevent others from just smashing you both down the hole. Speaking which, if anyone would try that, they would get struck by Tails' .. tails, and get hurt, as that was a method of attack in Sonic 3. In fact you had to beat one of the bosses that way if you were playing as Tails Alone.

I would much rather see Tails playable than any other supporting characters, because at an unbiased look, he fits more, not because he's "not much of a fighter", but because he helps Sonic and they're always there for each other.

And then there's always Mario & Luigi vs. Sonic and...................

Yeah.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
1. Silver has no chance what so ever of being in Brawl.
2. Shadow wouldnt be a Boss anyway, Eggman would.
3. I want to play as Tails too, but its not gunna happen.
4. Knuckles - Sticker +6 Power
Tails - Sticker +4 Jump
lol I'm gonna be a prick right here and now. :p

1. Silver is ALREADY in Brawl. ****..... I hate that guy with an utter disgust. How? He was a sticker. I have an idea where to stick him.... lol.

2. Why not both? Sure, Mario and Sonic will probably face Robotnik and Bowser, or something like that, but Shadow could still be a boss for someone else. He calls the wrong person a pansy and bad things happen. Due to his ""popularity"", I'd say he'd have a bit more significance, but still not much.
I like the idea of having special alt. costumes for certain people, but Sakurai said Wario was the only one. Shame, cuz then we might have Dr. Mario and Shadow for alt. costumes to their respective people.

3. Yah...... but my hopes got higher when I heard that Tails had 3 votes on Sakurai's poll. I don't know if it's true or not.

4. Probably.

Did I mention I hate Silver? Ugh...... His attitude, everything. I'm now up to him as Metal Sonic in Rivals 2 for PSP and he's tough. He uses his special move the same time I do, and somehow he gets ahead of me.
Eventually I'll win though.

TrePVox

Smash Cadet
I could totals see Shadow as a boss fighting withEggman atleast once, and Tails will be an AT. As much as I would like to see Knuckles and/or Tails get in as playable charaters, don't see it happening any time soon. Every new charater in Brawl is by themself if the francise is new to Brawl.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
. . . OBJECTION! Remember that Tails isnt the fighting type, he uses machines and is annoying. Knuckles is the biggest chance for another SEGA character and even Shadow has a better chance.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Maybe this has been said already, but that same video that confirmed Ness, Jigglypuff, and Lucario also showed a sticker that could only be used by Sonic. It only had Sonic's face, and didn't show anybody else. So I think that that lowers the chances of another Sonic character being playable.

Luigi player

Smash Master
In a roster of 35, there's (sadly) really not place for another Sonic character. I'm hoping for Tails as an AT, and Knuckles as a stage hazard...

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
. . . OBJECTION! Remember that Tails isnt the fighting type, he uses machines and is annoying. Knuckles is the biggest chance for another SEGA character and even Shadow has a better chance.
What a Noob :laugh:

I agree that there will be a low chance of a second rep (even more so with the evidance), but it isn't impossible, and this could all be speculation for next SSB.

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
I hope team chaotix comes together for an AT!

They could do what they did in sonic heroes, and make vector jump high and then Charmy and Espio flies in his mouth and he spit them out and sucks them in many time, but they would only stay on one place though...
But thats my hope! :) Because Vector got a small chance (1 against 300 in fact) to be a playable character!

test-object

Smash Cadet
Never played '90s Sonic, huh? I'm guessing the only Sonic-game you've ever played was Sonic Adventure 2.

Vectors voice annoyed me lol.
Charmies voice actor annoyed me more then Vectors, but Tails wins an award in this category.

Top Prospect

Smash Apprentice
Based in Chicago; straight outta the Twinkie Barge
I think I might have to give Knuckles the nod on this one...

Tails is not a fighter...period. I see him as more of an AT than anything else. I'm pretty sure Sonic will come in as a lightweight; Tails would come in like Jiggs or Kirby. Shadow. To put Shadow in would be a waste of a character slot when he could easily be an alt color...maybe even throw in an alt Final Smash with it in Chaos Control (may not happen, but it's a thought). Now on to Rad Red himself, Knucks. He'd fit into the story just fine as he did before: the unsuspecting antihero who puts the mission first, then turning into the brute force rival/friend that'll do what it takes to get the bad guy. I see gliding in the moveset, I see digging then reemerging under opponents, I see Thunder Strikes a la Sonic Battle. As for the Final Smash, I see either 1 of 2 things: 1) The Heat Knuckles attack of Sonic Adventure (he'd go through the stage automatically, not controlled by user), or, and this would just be the best, he'd get a Master Emerald overload and briefly transform into none other than Enerjak (unless you read the book, you may not know him), and send a burst of explosive energy out at once, like the Final Explosion of Vegeta...nice.

Now, this may not happen since it's only a small chance another Sonic character will make it at all. But you know, we can all dream, right? Alright, I'm done.

(P.S.: An alt black color for Knucks would rule all.)

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I think I might have to give Knuckles the nod on this one...

Tails is not a fighter...period. I see him as more of an AT than anything else
Sonic Battle would want to have a word with you, Tails is a still a competent fighter on his own whenever you like it or not.
Also that argument is bull**** because a character like Captain Falcon isn't even know for being a fighter in the first place, but Sakurai still managed to gave him a decent moveset.

he'd get a Master Emerald overload and briefly transform into none other than Enerjak (unless you read the book, you may not know him), and send a burst of explosive energy out at once, like the Final Explosion of Vegeta...nice.
Huge amount of fail for mentioning a form that doesn't even exist in the game version, it's hilarious you mention the comics since Tails is a equally dare I say better fighter then Hyper Knuckles and Super Sonic while in his Turbo form.

Now, this may not happen since it's only a small chance another Sonic character will make it at all. But you know, we can all dream, right? Alright, I'm done.
No other Sonic characters is going to make it, but Tails would be the most logical choice for sure.

Top Prospect

Smash Apprentice
Based in Chicago; straight outta the Twinkie Barge
Hey, Sonic Battle! Let's chat...

Sonic Battle would want to have a word with you, Tails is a still a competent fighter on his own whenever you like it or not.
Also that argument is bull**** because a character like Captain Falcon isn't even know for being a fighter in the first place, but Sakurai still managed to gave him a decent moveset.

Huge amount of fail for mentioning a form that doesn't even exist in the game version, it's hilarious you mention the comics since Tails is a equally dare I say better fighter then Hyper Knuckles and Super Sonic while in his Turbo form.

No other Sonic characters is going to make it, but Tails would be the most logical choice for sure.
(Enter record scratch effect here) Okay, let me reiterate...unless Tails were in one of his many Tornado incarnations, he would not be that much of a fighter. And what do mean C. Fal isn't known for being a fighter? Wouldn't you have to have SOME fighting ability to be a top threat Bounty Hunter? Don't believe me? Ask Samus. Ain't that right Sam? "Yeah, he's got a point." There, you see?? And mentioning a form that hasn't been in the games is no failure. If that were the case, Giga Bowser would never have shown his mug in SSBM, and that would probably go for some movesets, right? So again, the nod goes to Knucks. (Just my most humble opinions. No hate mail, please.)

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
I'm a huge Sonic fan and I'm already excited with Sonic in Brawl and I'd love to see other characters like Knuckles or Tails (because they are most likely, they were the FIRSTS)

But something I noticed got to me, in the same Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Ness video with their little faces on the sticker pages, Sonic's face shows up on the page after Ness but he is all alone, this leads me to believe that Sonic will be the only Sonic character in Brawl.

What do you guys think?

SonicMario

Smash Master
(Enter record scratch effect here) Okay, let me reiterate...unless Tails were in one of his many Tornado incarnations, he would not be that much of a fighter. And what do mean C. Fal isn't known for being a fighter? Wouldn't you have to have SOME fighting ability to be a top threat Bounty Hunter? Don't believe me? Ask Samus. Ain't that right Sam? "Yeah, he's got a point." There, you see?? And mentioning a form that hasn't been in the games is no failure. If that were the case, Giga Bowser would never have shown his mug in SSBM, and that would probably go for some movesets, right? So again, the nod goes to Knucks. (Just my most humble opinions. No hate mail, please.)

Giga Bowser was made just for the Smash Bros. series, Sakauri wanted a Transformation of Bowser that was new and unplayable (unless you use AR) Enerjak debuted in the Archie comics and will most likely stay in those comics, unless somehow Princess Sally is involved at all in Brawl.

As for Captain Falcon, even if he isn't the best example. What about the Ice Climbers? All they did was... Climb didn't they? What about Peach? (BEFORE Super Princess Peach) She was just a damsel in distress until the parentheses game mention. SMB2 does not count either because she still gained a reputation of having being saved by Mario all the time. (Besides SMB2 isn't technially canon as it was a cheap edit of Doki Doki Panic) And how about Mr. Game & Watch? He never showed any capability of fighting in all his handheld games yet he still got a very capable moveset.

I personally think Knuckles's moveset is too predictable, and Tails has much more room for expansion. Despite his setbacks recently, he has remained more popular then Knuckles, Tails popularity is only beaten by Sonic & Shadow as of a Sega Official Poll. I bet less people would be hating him if had a greater voice, at least he has a better voice then he did in Sonic Heroes. Adventure series Tails voice > 4kids Voice > Heroes Voice.

But it will most likely come down that Sonic will be th eonly playable character. I've said it before that Tails is Underrated on these forums, Sonic better be the only character to prove all Shadow n00bs wrong. Just because Sonic is in, does not mean a buddy or rival will be playable with him. Just make Tails and/or Knuckles an AT, Green Hill Zone/Angel Island Zone as a stage, other characters as full modeled trophies and/or stickers: And i'm happy.

1. This isn't "Nintendo's Fighting All Stars [and some third party guys too]". Being a fighter is not a prerequisite, has never been a prerequisite, and will never be a prerequisite.

2. But that's a moot point. We'd be lucky to get a third third party character if the 35 char roster is true. It would be unbelievable to see a second Sega rep. It would be horrible to see a second Sonic rep.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Wolf is in. All characters spec is out. No more wondering...kinda makes me sad. Lol. yet we have been w8ign all this time. =/ Hope his Voice actor doesnt suck. Lol. Still Pulling for Tails or Knuckles as AT though. Eggman for Boss.

GoodMornEvery1

Smash Cadet
Sonic is the only sonic character. Shadow is an assist trophy and slows everything down. I haven't seen any others as AT's, but then again, i dont have many, and many are quite rare. Sonic is really cheap. He's not that hard to master. Just really cheap most of the time. his final smash did 5 ko's the first time he was used.

anoshmo

Smash Rookie
First of all, Nintendo adding Sonic to Brawl was a big enough mistake. Dont u think he gets enough attention by trying to act cool and jump around like he's on crack cocaine? Same with shadow...the ppl who made him make him look "dark" and " mysterious" are freaking morons because they get kids to pretend they are dark and mysterious ( my little brother is a victim of this). So they just should keep Sonic, dont add any more ******** Sonic characters, and release the ****ed game already so I can use Solid Snake to beat the **** out of that blue-furred snow snooter

Top Bottom