• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other possible Sonic characters in Brawl

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
I have a strong feeling that Shadow will be in Brawl, however I think he has a higher chance as an Attack Trophy than a Playable Character.

And Knuckles sounds plausable, its almost like gliding was added for him. He can't do the multi jump that
Pit and MetaKnight can, but he can still use the gliding mechanics.

Tails may be, his Up B would probubly close to his flying in the games and would probably use some sort of machine. However he isn't as popular as Knuckles and Shadow, which dose reduce his chances as a Playable Character.

If any of these characters are added, we will be able to do a Mario and Luigi VS Sonic and _Tails_
Fixed.

It's a noob invasion by the looks of it.

What makes you think he isn't as popular as Knuckles or Shadow. In Japan, he is the most popular character besides Sonic.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Fixed.

What makes you think he isn't as popular as Knuckles or Shadow. In Japan, he is the most popular character besides Sonic.
Quoted for truth. Seriously though, does anyone really see any of them being a playable character? It just doesn't seem possible at all.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Fixed.

Sorry, in America, he doesn’t seem to be as popular as Knuckles and Shadow. You may be a really big Tails fan, but unfortunately there are a lot of bad versions of tails and cause people to look down at him.

If he is in the game as a PC, hopefully it can reform his image. I loved Tails in Sonic Adventure 2, but after than he just got really annoying, however that is just me.

Also, if the noob comment is to me, could you please refrain from that, it’s rather rude.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, in America, he doesn’t seem to be as popular as Knuckles and Shadow. You may be a really big Tails fan, but unfortunately there are a lot of bad versions of tails and cause people to look down at him.

If he is in the game as a PC, hopefully it can reform his image. I loved Tails in Sonic Adventure 2, but after than he just got really annoying, however that is just me.

Also, if the noob comment is to me, could you please refrain from that, it’s rather rude.
Okay, fair enough.

The main reason is because of 4Kids, Tails's voice and speech is just unbearable.

He was much better on the adventure games and before. Expeicially on the Genesis/Megadrive games.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
You think Tails' voice is bad? You have heard Cream's, right? XD

I'm more of a Tails supporter than Knux. But I heard he was seen as an AT in the Jump Festa demo...

I covered everything from E For All... but I don't know squat about Jump Festa.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Who knows? It's not like there is going to be a second Sonic rep. The point is that Tails would get in before Knuckles or Shadow IMO.

Next SSB maybe.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I actually like it that Sonic could be playable alone. It reminds us of the times that it was only the blue blur Sonic in 1991. Him the sole challenger in front of the challenges ahead of him. Then it was Eggman's army, now it is the Subspace Army he takes on. And Sonci will use all his speed and whatever advantage his nintendo partner (Or if Snake 3rd party) gives him to slice through every single Primid that stands in the video game icon's way. Of course if there is a next one, which will not be made by Sakauri. I will fully back up Tails, and maybe even they'd allow Knuckles with him in the next one.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Who's to say they'd keep Sonic for another Super Smash Bros.? Assuming that not all veterans are returning to this game, wouldn't you find it a bit odd to bring Sonic back in the next game(if there is another), and drop Nintendo veterans?

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion

Nilok concerning we don't have any official figures over the popularity of the characters in America, It's hard to say if Tails is more/less popular then Knuckles and Shadow.
However it still doesn't change the fact Tails is still probably more well known then Shadow and Knuckles whenever he's liked or not.
Going by this board and the Sonic Fanbase I would say Shadow is the most disliked character between those three.
Going by the world popularity there's no doubt Tails exceed both Knuckles and Shadow in the popularity department as Tails is extremely popular in Europe even crushing Shadow and in Japan he easily defeated Knuckles for third place.
To my knowledge Nintendo isn't trying to only appeal America, so Tails is the most likely choice next to Sonic if they are going by popularity.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Nilok concerning we don't have any official figures over the popularity of the characters in America, It's hard to say if Tails is more/less popular then Knuckles and Shadow.
However it still doesn't change the fact Tails is still probably more well known then Shadow and Knuckles whenever he's liked or not.
Going by this board and the Sonic Fanbase I would say Shadow is the most disliked character between those three.
Going by the world popularity there's no doubt Tails exceed both Knuckles and Shadow in the popularity department as Tails is extremely popular in Europe even crushing Shadow and in Japan he easily defeated Knuckles for third place.
To my knowledge Nintendo isn't trying to only appeal America, so Tails is the most likely choice next to Sonic if they are going by popularity.
^This.

Overall, Tails is the most popular (besides Sonic obviously). He is underated on this forum, very underated. If he were playable, I'm sure he wouldn't be, and that's why I want him to be a PC. Of course, he won't be, since there won't be a second Sonic rep. There are rumors of him being an AT, seems true enough.

But even so, I can't help thinking there is a chance, which at the same time, I doubt it.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
I dunno on this, really. Normaly I have an opinion on anything Sonic in Brawl or anything Sonic in general but...ill try.

There are said to be only three 3rd party characters in Brawl, each of them will pring someting to SSE (themselves) a level, an AT and maybe an Item. We already know Snake has brought an AT and a level, what is Sonic to bring?

No other 3rd party characters will come from wither of the games but AT and Items are different, if not a character I see Tails as an AT.

He is the tech guy of the group, in the up coming game Sonic RPG his big roll is to buff up your party and their stats, maybe he will do the same in Brawl as an AT.

Tails comes otu and gives you something or maybe heals you/extra deffence or attack. Maybe, but if Sakurai is lookinfg for some way to deal more damage with a Sonic AT he might choose Knuckles. To... run around and ounch stuff I guess. Lol.

Well I tried, for not sleeping 2night (7:14am here) I think i did pretty good. Well... Off to breakfast. (I feel like I just ate dinner)

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Tails buffs the party in Sonic RPG? Can you give me the link to that? Not that Im suprised, but you would think that Cream would do something like that, whilst Tails uses his flight and inventions. But I don't think there is any info like that at the moment, are you sure?

Anyway, I think both Tails and Knuckles will be ATs and Eggman/Robotnik will be a SE boss, other characters should be trophies or stickers.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Tails can also be a part of the party in Sonic RPG. Just wanted to clear that up.

Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Rouge, and Big are all the confirmed possible Party characters right now
{All Sonic RPG, Nothing in this post is about brawl]

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Ive read the article, it looks great, and since its an RPG, there will be a lot of character development.

Made by Bioware too, this is probally going to be the best Sonic game to be released in a long time, can't wait.

darkspines35

Smash Rookie
That's only true for this board. Shadow is not the most disliked between the 3. I hope for Shadow as a PC, but knowing Nintendo, they will most likely use Tails. He's the third most known character, only to Sonic and Eggman, which gives him a higher chance of being in as a PC. Shadow, I hope he's atleast in the game somewhere as a trophy or an AT. Knuckles is the same as Shadow. As for any bosses, after thinking it over, Eggman and/or Metal Sonic.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
^This.

Overall, Tails is the most popular (besides Sonic obviously). He is underated on this forum, very underated. If he were playable, I'm sure he wouldn't be, and that's why I want him to be a PC. Of course, he won't be, since there won't be a second Sonic rep. There are rumors of him being an AT, seems true enough.

But even so, I can't help thinking there is a chance, which at the same time, I doubt it.
He'd remain underated regardless of if he was playable or not. People would just complain that Knux or so-ands-o would've been a much better choice. If Sega did get a 2nd rep, then I'd rather it be someone other than Tails, Tails in my mind fits the bill as an assist and nothing more. That's what Tails does, assist. Also, in the world of Smash, Tails ain't so popular, another reason he's underated in these forums

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
He'd remain underated regardless of if he was playable or not. People would just complain that Knux or so-ands-o would've been a much better choice. If Sega did get a 2nd rep, then I'd rather it be someone other than Tails, Tails in my mind fits the bill as an assist and nothing more. That's what Tails does, assist. Also, in the world of Smash, Tails ain't so popular, another reason he's underated in these forums
Now THIS is the reason i'm pointing at. THIS is why I want Tails to be a playable.

Thank you for giving a good example. :laugh:

How typical...

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
It isn't my fault people don't like Tails for Smash. In the Sonic Universe, he's popular, but in Smash people would much prefer other characters.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
It isn't my fault people don't like Tails for Smash. In the Sonic Universe, he's popular, but in Smash people would much prefer other characters.
That's your opinion, not a fact. Even if it was a fact, it wouldn't change much. Why would the Smashboards have an effect on anything?

It's Interesting that you haven't actually gave a reason as to why Knuckles is more deserving than Tails.

Oh, and "Knuckles is cooler" or "Knuckles is better" doesn't count.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Even if they said "Shadow (Or whoever else) should have got that spot". Smash increases the popularity of a character. I'm not sure if Metroid would have got Prime if it wasn't for 64 & Melee. Pokemon also raised (At least, IMO. I never heard of Pikachu and Jigglypuff until I played SSB64). My point is that all franchises and characters represented in a Smash Bros. will increase in popularity. Depending on the character and the time it takes to increase. With Sonic in Brawl, the fanbase will grow from new gamers who pick up Brawl and play as him and the person would start to buy games related to Sonic: Thus, a New sonic fan is born. If Tails were to get in, he'd also increase in popularity. With more people knowing he can fight, he might even increase so much that he becomes the 2nd most popular again, past Shadow and just behind the blue blur himself.

But I'm probably wasting Min. of my life doing this. For I doubt a 2nd Sonic rep will happen.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Even if they said "Shadow (Or whoever else) should have got that spot". Smash increases the popularity of a character. I'm not sure if Metroid would have got Prime if it wasn't for 64 & Melee. Pokemon also raised (At least, IMO. I never heard of Pikachu and Jigglypuff until I played SSB64). My point is that all franchises and characters represented in a Smash Bros. will increase in popularity. Depending on the character and the time it takes to increase. With Sonic in Brawl, the fanbase will grow from new gamers who pick up Brawl and play as him and the person would start to buy games related to Sonic: Thus, a New sonic fan is born. If Tails were to get in, he'd also increase in popularity. With more people knowing he can fight, he might even increase so much that he becomes the 2nd most popular again, past Shadow and just behind the blue blur himself.

But I'm probably wasting Min. of my life doing this. For I doubt a 2nd Sonic rep will happen.
Agreed. If for example a Sonic hater decided to play as Sonic, they may like how he plays, main him, then like him as a character.

Its true that it's unlikely that there will be a second Sonic rep, but it's just to get the point across that Tails is more deserving. I have my reasons, though Knux fans always reply
"But Knuckles is cooler" which isn't a valid reason. I'd like to see a better one though.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
People mostly don't like Tails for his voice. If he had the greatest actor in the world, There would be less Tails haters.
Thats why he is more popular in countrys such as Japan, since his speech, voice and dialog is better. I hate his voice actor, couldn't be worse.

the master of legends

Smash Cadet
I'd like to see Tails as a playable in Brawl. And I agree with Dark Luna, Knuckles may be another good choice, but Tails deserves it more. It'd be cool if Tails and Knuckles could be in it though. Make everyone happy.

King_Olimar

Smash Rookie
Another Sega character is unnecessary. It 's an Nintendo game anyway. I think Sonic's inclusion was the worst idea yet. If any new charaters do come however, it will most likely be Shadow.
As a side note: I heard from a friend of mine that went to the E for all that Tails was an AT. He said that Tails flys around the stage and if any character falls off, he quickly dive bombs and tries to catch them. Again, I just heard it from a friend.

Sounds likely though...

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Sounds possible but Sonic was not the worst idea, Master Chief would be the worst as well as Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. Knuckles and Shadow have the best chance, both have unique move sets and also things would be interesting, also consider how they would fit into the SSE.
The only bone i have to pick about Shadow is because if he has his bad *** attitude like he did in SA2 then i would really happy. Shadow should have his dark side back, that is why there are so many shadow haters around, all because of his stupid amnesia from Sonic Heroes onwards.

Top Bottom