• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other possible Sonic characters in Brawl

orintemple

Smash Lord
Was there any other Kirby hats that were not revealed? I don't exactly remember. And I totally expected Kirby to have the Meta Knight mask. Which he did
Of course he would have the mask, its the only thing that counts as a face/head item. A cape is NOT a hat.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Actually the 5'o clock shadow has actually become very popular. Someone even wanted a custom avatar even though he isn't even Premium

aruby14

Smash Apprentice
not to sound like an ^$$-hole but isnt this like a smash bros forum? why are we discussing the history of a lame Sonic spin-off character? And yeah LAME cuz the only sonic characters that were awesome were on the Sega Genesis as well as the Gameboy Advance. I'd rather see Amy Rose and her big honkin hammer!

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yes this is a Smash Bros. forum. However since it is a forum there are different topics, this one is about such other characters like that and the classic ones your talking about. (Even though we got off-topic with the Sonic Kirby. My fault). You also better be careful too, yo u never know when a crazy fan will flame you for bashing a character he/she likes. You didn't specify it though, so I don't know which character you're talking about.

gamer8

Smash Lord
I know this is in the Sonic topic but i think this should be here...

Anyways, as we all know the 3rd party characters will be a maxium of 2 (excluding sonic and snake). So does SEGA have another chance with getting another sonic character as playable or as an assist.
We know Silver is a sticker so far, but what about other characters like Shadow and Knuckles? If any other sonic character is most likely to be playable is Shadow the Hedgehog, mainly because he is the darker version of sonic. If he was playable i can guess some of the moves, stage and music he would have.

Standard special: Hand gun

Up special: Chaos Control

Side special: Chaos spear

Down special: G.U.N. vechile

Final Smash: Super Shadow Chaos Blast

Stage: Space Coloney A.R.K

Theme music: I am all of me

That is my personal opinion on this so i can understand whether or not you agree.

Silver will probably be an assist trophy, mainly because his skills are all practically the same so it would not be a good brawl character sorry. The same with Knuckles, Tails and Amy have a chance as well as assist trophies but i can't see what moves they would all have and a final smash which looks affective.

Metal sonic and Dr. Eggman will appear in the Subspace Emissary as a boss near the end of the game i am sure of it. It kind of makes sense really, the halberd is being used to spread the evil around... we're not sure whether metaknight is evil or not however Bowser, Ganondolf, Wario, King Dedede will definitely be villains so far...

Back to sonic now, his appearance in the Subspace emissary *personal thought* will be racing after the halberd when he notices someone falling from the Halberd (possibly Zelda or Peach which ever is captured) or he bumps into someone like mario in his entrance video.

any opinions?
Why did you put Shadow's moveset completely off of Shadow The Hedgehog, which sucked?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I'd love Knuckles in Brawl, he is one of my favorite video game characters of all time, sadly even Shadow has a better chance to get in Brawl then Knuckles (and that's still a slight slight chance there...).

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.

Hyper Metal Sonic Springs from an AT! Zooming around the Stage like a mad-man! Or Mad-hedgehog? Damaging everyone he hits!

Perfect Chaos! Oozes his way from his AT, coming to life as tall as a building! He furiously swipes his tentacles around the stage never moving from his placement, but his long arms extend so movement really isnt necessary.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
i like them ideas, really good :) keep it up Siegk.

There will be an anti hero is Brawl (whether Shadow or Knuckles) but either way i'm happy

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Cless come on, everyone has their opinions, no matter how much you like it or not. To be honest knowing that Shadow's game IS part of the MAIN sonic storyline, his chances will increase by 20% and before it at about 35% of joining as a PC. This is my P.O.V so some will argue about it.
Knuckles and Tails have ALWAYS been good with chances for being PC's and do have the bigger fan base over the years. Knuckles would have the better chance than Tails mainly due to being an Anti Hero, but since Shadow is the new anti hero it makes his chances greater, like MetaKnight for example, he is the bad *** king in brawl, Shadow OR Knuckles would be the Anti Heroes in Brawl.
I agree Shadow's game did drag on and do some really unnecessary things, but that will be his move set for the basics, to the specials, to his FS. Plus the colour schemes are already done in that game as well.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Cless come on, everyone has their opinions, no matter how much you like it or not. To be honest knowing that Shadow's game IS part of the MAIN sonic storyline, his chances will increase by 20% and before it at about 35% of joining as a PC. This is my P.O.V so some will argue about it.
Knuckles and Tails have ALWAYS been good with chances for being PC's and do have the bigger fan base over the years. Knuckles would have the better chance than Tails mainly due to being an Anti Hero, but since Shadow is the new anti hero it makes his chances greater, like MetaKnight for example, he is the bad *** king in brawl, Shadow OR Knuckles would be the Anti Heroes in Brawl.
I agree Shadow's game did drag on and do some really unnecessary things, but that will be his move set for the basics, to the specials, to his FS. Plus the colour schemes are already done in that game as well.
Being an anti-hero doesn't increase your chance of appearing in Brawl and Knuckles isn't even one.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
he used to and that was one of the reasons he has such a big fan base and i did say its my P.O.V. so there is some lies in their, well not so much lies but extremely OTT ratings.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
he used to and that was one of the reasons he has such a big fan base and i did say its my P.O.V. so there is some lies in their, well not so much lies but extremely OTT ratings.
Come on do you even know what a anti-hero is?
Bass and Vegeta are good exemples, Knuckles was just misguided by Eggman he was never bad and an anti-hero.
Shadow isn't even one at this point, he's more of a rival then anything while Knuckles is one of Sonic friends.

finalark

SNORLAX
Come on do you even know what a anti-hero is?
Bass and Vegeta are good exemples, Knuckles was just misguided by Eggman he was never bad and an anti-hero.
Shadow isn't even one at this point, he's more of a rival then anything while Knuckles is one of Sonic friends.
At this point I can't even figure out what Shadow is.

He's kind of like Piccolo (I don't know if I spelled that right and I don't care) in DBZ.

HolyNightmaren

Smash Rookie
you did spell that right but you do make a point. However Knuckles is more of a ... actually i dunno who Knuckles is like.
Knuckles is a bit like Piccolo except not as smart, however the Vegeta at the end of the series is 100% like the actual Shadow right now IMO.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Anyone could be an AT, but because we don't know who will be playable, it's hard to tell who will be and who won't be an AT. If Sonic is the only playable character, then Tails, Knuckles and Shadow will be ATs, that said, it's unclear whether 3 ATs is too much. It depends on the other franchises, and how many ATs they will have. Anyway, there is already a thread on ATs.

Edit: HolyNightmaren...?

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
well lets say sonic get tails, knuckles and shadow as PC (highly unlikely i know but who cares atm, nothing is fully confirmed). If there is a max of 3 AT's per series, then i would say should be Amy, Rouge and Chaotix or Babylon Rouges.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Babylon Rouges would be good, and so would Amy, but, Its hard to tell if they will make it in as ATs, it depends on what Tails, Knuckles and Shadow are, if they are all playable (Which is highly unlikely) then they have a good chance. If they are ATs (which they should be if not playable) then lesser characters won't.

Of course, it all depends on the AT limit, which we dont know about yet.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
well shall i explain what the Babylon Rouges would do? Well they'll use their extreme gears as always and shoot across the screen in this order, Jet first and knock the enemies into the air, then Wave will fly across the sky and knock the flying enemies down and leave Storm to smash them off the stage for the K.O. in total they will make 15% each but Storm will do 30%.

Amy will have her hammer as always, and will get angry and start running at someone and whack them around the face with the hammer and it will do 20% damage.

Silver if he is one will use his Telekinesis on all the enemies and push them towards the edge of the stage doing 10% of damage.

Blaze would spin in a circle and do a fire whirl doing 45% damage in total but its 15% each time she hits you.

Chaotix will appear and either sing doing 30% plus a temporary confusion effect where you can't fully control them well or does more damage the closer you are to them.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, ATs don't bother me too much, sure, it's one way for a character to be involved in a battle, but when you think about it, it's the same as pokeball pokemon. It's part of an item, can be easily switched off.

I hope Sonic isn't alone as a PC, it doesn't feel right. He's just a guest, and Snake is alone I surpose, but, it still seems as if he needs another rep. Maybe he will in the next SSB?

Sonic doesn't feel "Complete"on his own. I dont know why, maybe it's just me...

finalark

SNORLAX
To be honest, ATs don't bother me too much, sure, it's one way for a character to be involved in a battle, but when you think about it, it's the same as pokeball pokemon. It's part of an item, can be easily switched off.

I hope Sonic isn't alone as a PC, it doesn't feel right. He's just a guest, and Snake is alone I surpose, but, it still seems as if he needs another rep. Maybe he will in the next SSB?

Sonic doesn't feel "Complete"on his own. I dont know why, maybe it's just me...
It might be because there a so many Sonic characters that I doesn't seem right for there to be just him.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yeah Sonic hasn't been alone since 1991. And I think it'd just be hard to get used to it after all those years. But maybe this is good, I mean if it is only Sonic: It's like the original Sonic the Hedgehog all over again.

And BTW, Merry Christmas Eve!

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
It might be because there a so many Sonic characters that I doesn't seem right for there to be just him.
That is true. Eggman/Robotnik will be a boss no doubt. But it's hard to predict how the other characters are going to be in the game. Its just that a few characters are so much more important than others, it would be strange if they all were treated the same.

Im sure one or two will be ATs, but still...

finalark

SNORLAX
That is true. Eggman/Robotnik will be a boss no doubt. But it's hard to predict how the other characters are going to be in the game. Its just that a few characters are so much more important than others, it would be strange if they all were treated the same.

Im sure one or two will be ATs, but still...
Agreed.

Oh, and Merry Christmas Eve, Sonicmario.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Well you never know, well anyways tomorrow will hold a special. Also Merry Christmas to you to SonicMario and to all :) Seasons Greetings

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Christmas day in 10 mins!!!! :) (at least where I live)

I wonder what update is coming. Hopefully a PC, or 3 updates like we have had before.

Top Bottom