• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other possible Sonic characters in Brawl

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Make sure to vote for Sonic in the Character battle. He is up against Krystal (Dragonbreath, Work your magic :chuckle:)
...You mean that joke about Krystal being
One of
Sonic's illegitimate child
ren
? In retrospect, I now find my own twisted self to be quite disturbing.
Ah, who am I kidding, we all love Jerry-Springer family disputes.
Anyway, I already voted.

UNBlizzard

Smash Cadet
haha tails would probli be slow and not very fun to play. **** floaties *shakes fist*
SHEIK FOR TOP TIER!

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
*refers to SWF t-shirt* THERE ARE NO TIERS!!! Sheik is forbidden to be mentioned here, Sonic only unless your comparing to another character.
Tails will be weak, less than average speed, high/long jump abilities and a very powerful FS.
Knuckles will be strong, faster than Dk, average jump abilities an average FS
Shadow will be average, slower than sonic, average jump abilites and an above average FS.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Tails would have more than average speed (expesially in the air, more so than Jiggly). Dont forget, that one of the reasons Sonic chose Tails to be his companion or sidekick was because of his ability to keep up with him. This is stated numourous times.

Therefore, his speed in the air would Almost match Sonic's running speed. Ground-wise, not so fast, but about average. He would be weak on the ground, but would have fantastic aerial moves.

I would imagine Knuckles to be very similar to DK in terms of moveset, he would be perhaps much lighter than DK, but stronger, and slightly more speed. Gliding would be available, but I dont know how his climbing would work, perhaps it would be an improved version of wall jumping?

Shadow would be very similar to Sonic, but with perhaps more powerful attacks, but slower. That said, his running speed would be about the same. He could easily have a differant moveset to Sonic, but the two characters above are more deserving.

All three would most likely be ATs, but you never know...

SonicMario

Smash Master
I heard Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games is the top seller so far... Probably mostly because Nintendo is marketing it as Wii Sports 2 though...

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Well it looks real, i'll give you that... but remember they'll use a new model of Tails so the image won't work, but indefinably points for enthusiasm and trying. Good Job

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
not that we know of.... also, you wouldnt mind me using that SSS sig would ya? i think its cools and i dont like the crappy one i made....

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Tails would have more than average speed (expesially in the air, more so than Jiggly). Dont forget, that one of the reasons Sonic chose Tails to be his companion or sidekick was because of his ability to keep up with him. This is stated numourous times.

Therefore, his speed in the air would Almost match Sonic's running speed. Ground-wise, not so fast, but about average. He would be weak on the ground, but would have fantastic aerial moves.
I could see something like that. Maybe an extension of peach's floating jump, only with more horizontal speed? As for those aerial moves, his tails could give him some great range, and he could have the same 'Attack after upB' that Sonic has.

I would imagine Knuckles to be very similar to DK in terms of moveset, he would be perhaps much lighter than DK, but stronger, and slightly more speed. Gliding would be available, but I dont know how his climbing would work, perhaps it would be an improved version of wall jumping?
Mmmm. . .Stretching it. Lighter and faster than DK, yes. Stronger, I dunno about that. Dk deals a hell of a lot of damage, and I don't think Knuckles needs a speed and a strength advantage. Additionally, he should have a rather slow attacking speed. This is hinted at in Sonic Battle. So basically, somewhat like Ike, but less so.
As for the climbing, I don't see why anyone thinks this is a big sticking point. Peach is the only one with that floating move, Kirby's the only one that copies, and Sonic's got the after-recovery attack. There are lots of characters that have skills that no one else has. Why would knux be different?

Shadow would be very similar to Sonic, but with perhaps more powerful attacks, but slower. That said, his running speed would be about the same. He could easily have a differant moveset to Sonic, but the two characters above are more deserving.
Running speed would definitely be less. Look at Sonic 06. But then again, slower-than-Sonic is a pretty broad range, so that's not really an issue. I don't see any reason for his attacks to be slower than Sonic's, though. Just Luigified. And even though he could have a different moveset, she wouldn't. He was a Sonic clone in the first game he showed up in (Practically, not storylinewise.).

All three would most likely be ATs, but you never know...
I dunno, Sonic is a huge franchise. And it wouldn't take that much work to code in Shadow. Clone characters are easy to make, after all. But I'd rather see Tails before Shadow. Knuckles, though, is AT fodder at best. Unfortunately.
My ten cents in bold.

SonicMario

Smash Master
less then 25 min. until Sonic voting starts against Mewtwo. Dragonbreath, do you have another something for Mewtwo? (I'm hoping you do)

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
As for the climbing, I don't see why anyone thinks this is a big sticking point. Peach is the only one with that floating move, Kirby's the only one that copies, and Sonic's got the after-recovery attack. There are lots of characters that have skills that no one else has. Why would knux be different?
I agree on this, you could have his glide be his Up B and allow him to climb if he hits a wall during it. You could just minus the vertical distance because of the wall climb.

---

haha tails would probli be slow and not very fun to play.
Tails would probably be a speed character if anything. Not as fast as Sonic of course but he would be fast. Most likely not that strong though.

SonicMario

Smash Master
If Tails were to be playable. He'd be fast. Not as fast as Sonic but at least a little faster then Mario. But he'd have great Air Speed. But he'd have weak moves. But if you could use the ground speed and the air speed together perfectly. Tails would be at least Mid-Tier in tournies.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
I agree on this, you could have his glide be his Up B and allow him to climb if he hits a wall during it. You could just minus the vertical distance because of the wall climb.

His climbing ability will still be broken though, even so in a game like this, the best way to put it in the game would be to make it like wall jumping (Where Knuckles can climb for a bit, and then jump to another wall to continue climbing,
if there is no "another wall", he will fall, and will not be able to turn around to climb again.)

Knuckles's gliding however would be exactly the same as others who can glide, as it is a new, but generic feature of the game.

That said, Knuckles has no chance to be a playable character as it is, Tails will be if anything. So I guess my opinion or explaination means nothing.

---

Tails would probably be a speed character if anything. Not as fast as Sonic of course but he would be fast. Most likely not that strong though.

It would be awesome to see Tails's speed in the air (when he flys) to match Sonic's running speed, because Tails would then be a great way to represent Sonic's franchise, which is all about speed (Hence his catchphrase in the Dojo movie).

I agree that Tails would not be very strong, in terms of smash attacks and overall ground moves, but, should have great aerial attacks.

Sakurai did mension he wanted the game to be more aerial based this time round, and as far as I can see it, Tails pretty much fits the bill.
In bold^^^

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
You know what would never happen but be really cool? If somehow Nack the Weasel made it into the game as a playable. It would never, ever happen... but it would be **** cool. Of all the Sonic characters that could become playable, he's one of the two I want the most, the other one being Bean the Duck. Yeah, they're exotic and no one really knows about them, and the only big game they've been in is the Sonic Fighting game, 'Sonic the Fighters' and there are probably +5 characters that deserve to get in more, but I can't help thinking about it. Tails, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, Eggman and maybe even Shadow all deserve to get in before them, but I can't help thinking it would be cool.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Nothing, Espio is awesome. Come to think of it, he could have some really cool moves as well.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
well we already done a move set for him pages ago, well he is good and starting to be noticed as a good character
Espio suffer from the same thing as the old school characters, he gets shoved aside in favor of the new characters like Blaze and Silver.
He's really low priority in Sega eyes, its a miracle he even stared as a playable in Sonic Rivals 2.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Espio suffer from the same thing as the old school characters, he gets shoved aside in favor of the new characters like Blaze and Silver.
He's really low priority in Sega eyes, its a miracle he even stared as a playable in Sonic Rivals 2.
The best he could be is a sticker, or a normal trophy. I bet there will be a sticker for almost everything nintendo related, as well as sonic related and other third partys. It's true that Espio has been put aside for newer characters, but at least he is still going. There shouldn't be any more newer Sonic characters, its way too much, fewer characters is better, they shouldn't of made any more after Sonic adventure 2.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
The chart is
Knuckles>Tails>Shadow/Espio>Amy/Blaze/Rouge>Silver>Old school Characters> Big/ Cream/Cheese/Charmy> Chris Thorndyck from (sonic X)

there we go, simple as am i right?

Yo~Yo

Smash Cadet
okay....i have something to say....a lot of ppl say that knuckles or tails should/shouldnt be in b/c they both are just helpers to sonic....knuckles isnt that much.....i mean the only real time he helped sonic directly and intentionally was in heroes (wich even though im a sonic fanatic i dont consider it a true sonic game) because lets give a couple examples....SA2B....knuckles was there simply to get the master emerald back because it shattered....sonic and knuckles....knuckles always tries to screw sonic up AND you fight him a couple times...and in sonic 3 EVEN IN THE FIRST CUTSCENE sonic has the emeralds then knuckles punches him down and steals all of them from him(you also fight him in sonic 3).....and tails....is like sonics partner all he does is listen to sonic and help him as best he can besides SA wich still his role was basically helping sonic

Yo~Yo

Smash Cadet
Fixed, nuff said
knuckles=espio>rouge>shadow>tails>eggman>E102>amy>cream&cheese>vector>charmy>chaos:cool:

Knuckles only fights Sonic because he's a knucklehead.
well it IS because eggman tricked him and told him sonic was after the master emerald...but still he doesnt exactly do everything FOR sonic...he does most of it FOR the master emerald

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
If we're doing it mathematically, then here I go. With teirs, because I roll like that.

God Tier
High Teir
Middle Tier
Low Tier
Toilet Teir

Sonic > Metal Sonic
> SA2 Shadow > Blaze > Omega > Tails > Fang >
Big (I like him, but his voice must die. Severe larynx infection for Big plz Sega) > Vector >Knuckles >
A whole bunch on other people that I don't feel like naming right now >
Post SA2 Shadow > Chao > Anything Archie invented, except maybe Scourge > Sonic X in general.

But don't get me wrong: The only one suitable for Brawl is Sonic and Tails, and even that's stretching it. I've got no specific stance on a Shadow Alt, except that it would be easy to do, and please a bunch of people, so why not?

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Metal Sonic will be in SSE, it makes sense and would fit in with the story well, in the SSE topic someone showed that Nintendo said that the ancient minister is gathering power from the characters when captured and using their power into one thing, cause Metal sonic be apart of this? May we possibly have a Sonic Heroes boss of Metal Overlord? I sure hope not but Metal Sonic will be in SSE i have a gut feeling about it.

Top Bottom