• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other possible Sonic characters in Brawl

finalark

SNORLAX
[/QUOTE]Post SA2 Shadow > Chao > Anything Archie invented, except maybe Scourge > Sonic X in general.[/QUOTE]

Post SA2 Shadow? Wasn't Sonic Adventure 2 his first appearance?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Shadow the Hedgehog was Suppose to clear that up. But all the different endings made it all filled with Plot Holes. I mean, what happened between the end until the actual ending. Shadow the Hedgehog just has too many plot holes. It's nothing like a Good Or Evil choice like you can in a game like Fable (Original Xbox).

EDIT: At least the DBZ anime had less plot holes... well except for most of the Movies:dizzy:

finalark

SNORLAX
I never got the "true" ending in the Shadow the Hedgehog so...

anyway, yeah. That game's plot had more holes in it then swiss cheese.

SonicMario

Smash Master
But because I'm so much of a Sonic fan. I still played through and saw the "True" ending. If you want I'll spoiler tag it in a Nutshell.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Nether of those are the "True" ending though. In fact the Eggman Death ending can happen more then once. So can the Sonic defeat one. "I AM THE MOST POWERFUL HEDGEHOG IN THE WORLD". I would have laughed so hard if Amy appeared out of nowhere and KOed Shadow and became most powerful

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Nether of those are the "True" ending though. In fact the Eggman Death ending can happen more then once. So can the Sonic defeat one. "I AM THE MOST POWERFUL HEDGEHOG IN THE WORLD". I would have laughed so hard if Amy appeared out of nowhere and KOed Shadow and became most powerful
I know but its just the fact they still exist, its like wtf?
Its a sad day when they show a sucky clone beating the main hero of the series.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
There were so many things wrong with that plot. The gameplay isn't good either, but not as bad as people say it is, it wasn't much different to any other Sonic game to be honest. It would be good if they made a game like Sonic adventure again though, it's far better than anything they have made recently.
It's interesting how Sonic started to go downhill when SEGA was finished... It makes you wonder if they would of made better games if they continued strong, like Nintendo and Sony...

Too bad the Dreamcast didn't last long, SEGA could of continued on their own and could be competing against other big game companys today. Its a shame really, SEGA were doing really well back then...

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
If that did happen, it would be the best part of the game. That isn't really saying much though...

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Let me summarize something that was asked earlier:

Shadow in Sonic Adventure 2: Mysterious, competent, dangerous character with veiled motivations and a personal agenda of total domination. Manipulates Eggman into nearly causing Doomsaday. Has an epiphany at the last minute and rectifies his mistake at the cost of his own life.

Shadow in Sonic Heroes: Confused, uncertain and generally mistrusting of the universe around him. Doesn't have a clue what's going on. His only lead is the doctor, who really just adds to the confusion. He's lost the 'intellectual, I've-got-a-plan' aspect of his character now, which was his most interesting trait. Not an especially interesting character, but not utterly horrible. At least he's not. . .

Shadow in Shadow The Hedgehog: . . .this. Now he's just lost everything competent and knowing about him. He runs around in circles, letting everyone else make his decisions for him, and acting like he's still mr. knowitall. Afterwards, he has the exact same epiphany he had in SA2, and does pretty much exactly what he did before.
Add this to a whole bunch of hanging-by-a-thread plot points (Sonic has a spaceship? Black Doom was here 2000 years ago? He's immortal all of a sudden? Ect.), and the story is a cheesegrater for your brain.

Afterwards: Now he's just plain useless. He just gets himself into trouble, which is just an excuse for pointless fighting. Now, I do love senseless violence. But I don't like it to pretend to be deep and meaningful. At least Sonic's story had a 'logical' reason for happening.
To be totally fair, if they were going to include Mephiles as a subplot, they couldn't have put him in Sonic's story too much. And he'd need someone to have conflict with, so it might as well be Shadow, since he's popular. But that's still no excuse for him to act like an all-knowing, all-powerful git to end all gits when he's not doing anything that anyone else couldn't do. Sonic just acts plain-old cocky, which is why I like him better.

There's my ten cents. Long story short: Shadow was interesting when he had a plan. The plan ended. He still acts like it hasn't.

End.

As for his game, I didn't particularly mind the gameplay or the content. In fact, I kind of like Doom. I dunno why. Maybe because he had a plan (Which I barely understnad, even after the true ending.) I just can't stand the way they screwed up his character. And the plotholes. The plotholes. . .

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
When i first got Shadow The Hedgehog the game i was n00bish going '0mg rofl1 `1uteuygwdhjs,' so on and so forth' I liked the game to begin with, regardless of the guns or the plot lines, however now i look from a critic point of view and the camera was a bit annoying also, the plot lines were not worth the hassle! The idea that when you complete a story and you start again, the fact that it acts like you've never played it and it keeps stopping to show the character who was there when you meet them.
Black Doom was quite a ok villain, he sounds farfetched and that but all villains that are fixed to a game except Eggman and Metal Sonic.
The fact that he suffers from amnesia since Sonic Heroes is quite annoying, but the game actually was part of the Sonic Universe story line, unlike Knuckles Chaotix and Tails adventure. The story line as follows

Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic CD
Sonic Jam
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Heroes
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Sonic CD came before Sonic 2? I highly doubt that we were BOTH wrong it was this order

Sonic the Hedgehog (1991)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog CD
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Heroes
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)

And to thing all the are a linked story and most of the games are just random side plots... Sonic Rush series and Sonic Advance were good though, so was Sonic R and Battle

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
CD was before Tails.

Done.

True, Sonic Rush Games are awesome,

But what about Sonic Jump. Lol. Cell Phone Game FTW

I think the ending goes like this,

Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Heroes
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic Rush
Sonic and the secret rings
Sonic Rush Adventure.

Sonic 06 doesnt fit, i dont count it in story line, they just took characters and put em in.

1st clue, Blaze isnt from a different timem different dimention,
2nd Blaze didnt have the Soul Emeralds
3rd Shadow was all tweaked out about crud in that game

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
i know but thats hows its been planned out and seen on wikipedia and on other sites. That is the official story line for sonic, even though sonic 06 didn't actually happen.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
In the timeline Sonic CD does come before Sonic 2, but the game was still released after Sonic 2.
Tails was present as an hidden picture in Sonic CD and he also was flying in the background in the DA Garden(Music player).

Cless

Smash Champion
A lot of anime VAs do video games. I don't like to keep track of it. I just like going, "Hey, this guy sounds like such and such." And it usually ends up being the same VA.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Oo; what? really?! Wow i would have never of guessed. That is the Easter egg for the topic so far. But you know the music i liked most in Shadow the Hedgehog was the mission complete theme which was cool, plus the chaos control and chaos blast music.

SonicMario

Smash Master
But Black Doom's voice being Goku's would be hard. I don't recall Goku having the demonic voice of Black Doom ever. Maybe at a certain pitch Black Doom would sound like him. But I think the guy's voice was digitally changed to sound that evil.

BTW, Who was disappointed that Sonic Kirby wasn't revealed in today's update?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sonic Kirby can either be: A Sonic cap like with Yoshi and Pokemon( Which I hope not), Spikes protruding out of Kirby and still pink and Mewtwo Kirby style, or just Blue Spikes that protude and maybe an addition with the nose. I'd like to see AlternateBlue Sonic Kirby most of all.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Sonic Kirby can either be: A Sonic cap like with Yoshi and Pokemon( Which I hope not), Spikes protruding out of Kirby and still pink and Mewtwo Kirby style, or just Blue Spikes that protude and maybe an addition with the nose. I'd like to see AlternateBlue Sonic Kirby most of all.
I'd love to see Kirby get a shoe change, but then he'd be too fast

SonicMario

Smash Master
Was there any other Kirby hats that were not revealed? I don't exactly remember. And I totally expected Kirby to have the Meta Knight mask. Which he did

Top Bottom