• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OSTS: Alliance - December 19th & 20th 2009 - Amsterdam - We need Wii's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Theres likely going to be a big tournament in Portugal as well. King Funk (the TO) told me they got a deal with a company and theyre receiving like 40 TVs to use. Sounds aweeeesome.

Flayl

Smash Hero
What the **** is King Funk doing announcing that **** LOL

edit: I should clarify - Don't count your chickens before they hatch

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Theres likely going to be a big tournament in Portugal as well. King Funk (the TO) told me they got a deal with a company and theyre receiving like 40 TVs to use. Sounds aweeeesome.
Very cool that you're advertising another tournament in our thread, one that is during "around the same time" and isn't even anounced/ certain to happen yet.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Very cool that you're advertising another tournament in our thread, one that is during "around the same time" and isn't even anounced/ certain to happen yet.
Honestly, I didn't want that. And yes, it is not certain that it will happen, so I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Well sorry, but why bother having a go at me as this was a reply to Slhoka, who advertised tourneys as well. So he must be at fault as well. Doesn't matter.

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
Couple of small updates.

1. I added a telephone number to the tournament page: +31646142114. If you are delayed on the day of the tournament you can call this number. You'll reach Exalador, one of the hosts of the tournament. Just tell him you are delayed and we will keep a spot in tournament open for you (if time allows it).

2. If you haven't done so yet, please confirm here: http://www.smash-bros.nl/tournament.php?id=104&mode=registration. It's not mandatory, but if you don't confirm I can not guarantee your place in the tournament.

3. I've added the following paragraph about food and drinks to the information page.

Food and drinks
Mirror Centre has a bar on its own where you can buy some food and drinks. At about five minutes walking distance to both the north and the west is a supermarket called Albert Heijn, but both supermarkets are closed on Sunday. Take this into account when you come to the tournament on Sunday! At the same walking distance to the north-west, at the so called Dappermarkt, is a McDonalds and a KFC. Both restaurants are open on both days. Look at this map if you want to see the exact location of all supermarkets and restaurants.

Also, be aware that when you leave to get food while you still have to play one or more matches, and you do not return in time, you may be disqualified.
4. If a Brawl player is still looking for housing, there are three places left quite close to the venue with a brawler called lavlis. Brawl only. If anyone is interested, let me know.

5. Faab can no longer house because he won't actually be spending the night at his own house (he'll still be at the tournament though). I'm sorry if you were hoping to stay there. :(

Less than two weeks now. I'm excited already. :)

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
I need a team partner for melee..possibly brawl >_>
hey fuzzy... i need a teampartner for brawl, if i want to participate in the tourney...
if your still going/searching , shall we team?
(i think you should know me from a few tourneys we've been at together, i'm a decent player (in brawl)... DK/kirby/ i dont know what xD)

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Gonna need some good timing. I will have to play a badminton game before this, luckily the place is close to venue.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
I see what you did thar
nice one! lol

but you all know Tero and me are gonna **** you all in teams like we did makenshi and JD...

(lol first tries at trashtalking...)

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
I'd like to point out that next thursday in the evening, I'm going to delete all non-confirmed players from the registration list. After that registration might be closed, and I can't guarantee a place in the tournament for you anymore if you are not on the registration list.

So please confirm if you haven't done so already. :)

Edit: In order to confirm, you have to go to http://www.smash-bros.nl/tournament.php?id=104&mode=registration, go to the bottom of the form, check the checkbox and push the last button. You can check if the system confirmed you on the registration list. If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll confirm you myself.

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
Last warning: I'll delete unconfirmed players from the registration list in a couple of hours.

Also, the weather forecast for Amsterdam for this weekend is 'pretty **** cold', possibly with temperatures below zero, so bring some warm clothes.

Oh, and during the tournament occasional Twitter updates can probably be found here: http://twitter.com/Smash_NL.

Composeur

Smash Ace
Does anyone know if there will be a livestream for this? I think I'd cream myself...

I'll also ask in the tournament videos forum.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
According to what I could understand with the tweets :

Winners finals : Amsah vs Armada
Losers semi finals (or first losers finals depending on how you call it) : Adam vs Remen

1. Armada/Amsah
3. Remen (lost to Ice and Amsah)
4. Adam (lost to Fuzzyness and Remen)
5. Ice (lost to Armada then Adam)
5. Zgetto (lost to Amsah then Remen)
7. Biscuit (lost to Remen then Adam)
7. Faab (lost to ?? then Remen)
9 or 13th. Fuzzyness

Teams :

1. Armada + Aniolas
2. Faab + Zgetto
3. Amsah + Adam
4. Tero + Yomi
5. Pamaro + Ice

Luma

Smash Lord
Losers semi finals (or first losers finals depending on how you call it) : Adam vs Remen

actually you should call it Loser/Lower-Bracket Final while the match after it is the Consolation Final. too bad too little smashers are familiar with E-Sports otherwise everyone should be already used to those names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom