• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OSTS: Alliance - December 19th & 20th 2009 - Amsterdam - We need Wii's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
Official SmashNL Tournament Series: Alliance

After TNOT3 and ZEST4 it is time for another tournament in The Netherlands, this time combining Melee and Brawl. It will be a two day event and will take place on December 19th (Saturday) and December 20th (Sunday) 2009 in the wonderful city of Amsterdam. On Saturday we will be playing Melee singles and teams, on Sunday Brawl singles and teams.

Details

Dates: 19-12-2009 & 20-12-2009
Hosts: Utto, Marc, Exalador, (Prince) Shadow
Max number of participants: 80

Detailed information about the tournament can be found on the Dutch community website, SmashNL. You can follow the link below to get there (you can change the language of the page to English by clicking on the British flag in the upper right corner of the page).

Click here to go to the tournament page on SmashNL.

That being said, here are some points I also wish to stretch in this topic.

• First of all, SmashNL is currently in the process of organizing a bigger tournament in The Netherlands in the summer of 2010. Whether or not this tournament will actually take place is uncertain as of now, but if you’re having doubts about this tournament, you might consider waiting for our summer tournament. Nevertheless we hope to see many foreigners at this tournament as well.
  • Flying in: Schiphol is the biggest Dutch airport, but Ryanair only flies to Eindhoven. If you find cheap tickets to Eindhoven with Ryanair, you can use public transportation to get to Amsterdam from Eindhoven in about two hours. This will cost you about 20 euro’s (one way). If you want more info, just ask in this topic and I will give you specific instructions.
  • Housing: Unfortunately, we can not provide housing in the venue this time. We will try to find housing with Dutch smashers for every foreigner who wants to attend, but we can’t guarantee we will be able to find housing for everyone. If you need housing it is best to let us know as soon as possible, so we can find you a place to stay. Besides that there is a huge youth hostel ten minutes away from the venue, about which you can find more information on the page I linked to above.
  • Registration: To register for this tournament, you need an account on SmashNL, the Dutch community website. To make an account, go to this page: http://www.smash-bros.nl/phpbb/ucp.php?mode=register (the forum language is Dutch, but you can change it after you register). After that, you can find the registration form for the tournament here: http://www.smash-bros.nl/tournament.php?id=104&mode=registration (again, you can change the language to English by clicking the flag in the upper right corner). The form doesn’t allow multiple registrations, so you need a separate account for each participant (but don’t worry, I won’t go around with the ban hammer if you make an account for someone else ;) ). Registering an account and filling in the registration form takes only a minute of your time and you do not commit to anything; it only shows who is interested and allows us to send you a reminder via e-mail once the confirmations are open. The list of currently registered people can be found here: http://www.smash-bros.nl/tournament.php?id=104&mode=participants.

So, that’s about it. If you have any questions, we’ll be happy to answer them here or on SmashNL. We hope to see many of you in Amsterdam in December!

Luffy Dahean

Smash Apprentice
Interested. I wil tell Over and K-12 about this. We cant confirm anything because we have to save money for Pound4 >.<

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I'm unlikely to go to the spanish tournament, so I'm interested. Unless I find a way to get rid of what's preventing me to go to Pound 4.

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
if you confirm this tournament I'll book
It's confirmed, but if you want to be really really really sure you have to wait until October 19th. After that day we have to pay the venue no matter what, so we can't afford not to have the tournament after that date. ;) Until then I will try to find you housing or you can search for it yourself (if you need it).

Slhoka & Dahean: Hope to see you there. :)

Also, according to Amsah, Armada and Aniolas are interested and are likely to make this.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
cool sounds good

I can see 4 £5 flights to Eindhoven on the 15/16th Dec with no taxes + £4 ticket to the airport (I might book that tommorow then the return later, even if it's cancelled I only lose £10)

maybe someone could pick me up from Eindhoven airport on tuesday/wednesday in the morning or evening pwease? >: (I'll pay towards petrol? It'll prob be cheaper than paying for a rip off coach/train)

and the flight back is expensive around £30-40 on most sites, no other close airports? Or I could just go to Amsterdam by plane/coach (I went by coach last time X_X it's mad cheap though)

Easyjet return London to Amsterdam is £50 + (£5-10 coaches to airport)
London eurolines says you can get a return from £15, gonna check if the site is working properly tommorow or phone them, last time I went by coach it wasn't so bad..just LOOOONG
lol amsterdam to london return by coach is like 23 euros, duno about the other way round
well there's my research x_X gonna phone the coach company tommorow

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
I probably live closest to Eindhoven of anyway here (or maybe Happosai), so maybe I could pick you up if you were to go there. But I have to work, so I can't make any promises, I'd have to take time off for it :/

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Not a good time for me to go but you should post it @german smash boards. I'm sure people will be interested...

:059:

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
help pl0x =o

what would be cheaper/better

£4 coach (Easybus) + £5 flight to get to Eindhoven on the 15/16th Dec (Morning/Evening) (Ryanair)

+

£20 travelling to venue / Someone picking me up (possible pay towards petrol)

+

£30 Flight back from Amsterdam (Easyjet)

Total : £9 + £20 + £30 = £59
£9 + (lift)+ £30 = £39
this one seems to be really cheap if someone could pick me up =/ otherwise bugger that

£4 coach (Easybus) + £5 flight to get to Eindhoven on the 15/16th Dec (Morning/Evening) (Ryanair)

+

£20 travelling to venue / Someone picking me up (possible pay towards petrol)

+

Funfare return coach using the dutch eurolines website (Amsterdam to London) - £25 (Eurolines)

Total: £9 + £20 + £25 = £54
£9 + (lift)+ £25 = £34
someone could go london for free if they need to go during december =P
same here.. but long coach back and a pointless return ticket back to amsterdam lol
The english eurolines page has no funfares for some reason and it was down for a while =/

£8-10 coach (Easybus) + £48 return flight London to Amsterdam (Easyjet)

15/16th dec -> 21st/22nd/23rd/24th dec

Total = £56-58
The easiest way..

What I'm probably gonna ask for is housing/possible pickup from the airport? otherwise maybe help finding something cheaper and more convinient.

100% coming to this tho, just want some support

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Like I said, if you were to fly in at Eindhoven, I could possibly pick you up and maybe even house you a few days. I'm only going to the tourney the first day though, when there's Melee.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
alright so if I flew to there -> you pick me up and we go to the melee tourney..then maybe someone can house me on the 19th before the brawl tournament and the 20th so I can go home the next day? That would be really cheap and save at least £15-20

but who lives in eindhoven? :/ I need confirmation of what to do tommorow cause the flight offer will be gone after, otherwise I'll just book the return to amsterdam for £50-60

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I'll look into coming to this, I have to expose a really important project either in the 18th or in 22nd. I hope its in the 18th so I can come D:

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
If I go to this, I'll obviously need housing. I'd have to fly to Eindhoven. Jeffz0r, would you be willing to pick me up on the Thursday before the tourney and house me over the night? Also, are you driving to the tournament and willing? Can I go with you if I pay a share of the gas money?

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
If I go to this, I'll obviously need housing. I'd have to fly to Eindhoven. Jeffz0r, would you be willing to pick me up on the Thursday before the tourney and house me over the night? Also, are you driving to the tournament and willing? Can I go with you if I pay a share of the gas money?
I can pick you up and house you yes (at what time? cause I have work too), but I do have school on Friday. And are you only going to attend on the Melee day or both days, cause like I said, I'm only going the first day. You can go with me then (though I might go by train, since it's better accessible), you need my housing after the tourney too, or did you have something else in mind?

Dou!

Smash Cadet
I MUST attend that one. =D

I'll book when I'm sure enough good Melee players are planing to come, ofc. ^_^

Aniolas

Smash Ace
well there's me confirmed, the best dutch players confirmed

armada + aniolas interested (should be going)

We're 100% sure we will attend. :)
We're gonna buy tickets in a couple of days.

Do we need to register on the dutch forum, or is it ok to just say here that we
want to attend?

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
We're 100% sure we will attend. :)
We're gonna buy tickets in a couple of days.

Do we need to register on the dutch forum, or is it ok to just say here that we
want to attend?
It's not mandatory, but if you register we guarantee you a spot in the tournament (provided you are with the first 80 people who sign-up, but we're only at about 35 for each day at the moment). Not that I'd refuse you and Armada, but we prefer to be fair. ;) Also, you get a reminder e-mail about three weeks before the tournament when you're registered. ^^

Awesome to see lots of foreign interest btw. I really hope I can arrange housing for all of you.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Interested if I find a cheap way to go.
If this would be Melee only I'd be down for sure.

Luma

Smash Lord
he is german

oh wait germans suck

ok tero srsly how did you do that? =D

anyway maybe coming (Faab if you house me I will cook that dish for you =P)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom