• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OSTS: Alliance - December 19th & 20th 2009 - Amsterdam - We need Wii's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qlex

Smash Cadet
I'm def interested in coming to this =)

Does any French smasher have a plan?

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I'm def interested in coming to this =)

Does any French smasher have a plan?
As for the way to travel, it depends. Some will take a bus, some will take a train.
But the major problem is housing. It seems that no one can house people anymore.

BTW, there are about a thousand french players wanting to come to this.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
It wasn't originally catered towards foreigners this much. You could consider it a test run for a bigger summer tournament with sleeping at the venue. I really suggest you guys look into youth hostels in Amsterdam. It shouldn't be that expensive with a large group.

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
There’s plenty of foreign interest now and the sign-up lists are starting to fill up, so from now on I’m not going to keep a list of all interested foreigners anymore. At the rate this is going, we’re not going to be able to house all of them anyway. I’m really sorry for this because I think it’s awesome to have a huge international tournament, but unfortunately it’s simply not within our scope for this tournament. As I said before, we’re still looking into having a bigger tournament in The Netherlands during the next summer, hopefully with housing in the venue.

Anyway, I made a list of all people who can provide/are providing housing.

• Ace - 2 people - Melee (still free)
  • Amsah - Aniolas, Armada, Captain Jadde, (Calle W)
  • Faab - Will house a couple of Melee players, but he has to decide which ones. If you know him and you want to be housed by him, you can try to contact him yourself.
  • Gregs - Gluttony, Kaos, Karma, Yama
  • lavlis - 3 people - Brawl (still free)
  • Lawrencelot - Can house a couple of people (don't know how many), but it's not that close to the venue, so this might be interesting for Frenchies going by car (since it's pretty much on the route to France).
  • (Jeffz0r - Might house someone flying to Eindhoven, but uncertain for now. Besides that it is not close to the venue and Jeffz0r is only going on the Melee day.)
  • (Utto - I may be able to house one or two people myself, but that's uncertain for now)

Of course, the hosts will ultimately decide who to house, but if they don’t care I’ll assign the places on a first come first serve basis. If you’re absolutely sure that you’re going to make it, you can request housing here or in this thread on the Dutch community site: http://www.smash-bros.nl/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=337. Besides that there is still the huge youth hostel about ten minutes away from the venue (see the explanation in the first post).

Also, be aware that you have to sign up here if you want to be sure of a spot in the tournament: http://www.smash-bros.nl/tournament.php?id=104&mode=registration (you need an account to register). Note that the second day (the Brawl day) is already full, but if you register now chances are high some people will cancel and you can participate anyway. It’s your own responsibility to do this and if you forget it, there’s nothing I can do about it on the day of the tournament if we’re full.

Sadly, that’s all I can do. If more people offer housing, I’ll let you know somehow asap. Again, I’m not going to keep a list of interested foreigners anymore, because I can’t keep up with it. The registrations on SmashNL will be my main indication from now on, so make sure you’re registered there if you’re definitely going to be at the tournament.

smakis

Smash Ace
"Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling."

i take it wobbling is allowed?

Mr-R

Smash Champion
are the french still coming to this? I heard they chickened out ;D

edit: no mario jokes plz xD

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
Couple of updates:

1. Confirmations are open (go to the same page you used to register and look at the bottom of the page)

2. There are still two places left for foreigners to stay at Ace's house, close to the venue. He only wants Melee players and can only house you from friday to monday morning. Also, he smokes. If you have no problem with that, his place is still available.

3. @ Fuzzyness: Check the housing thread on SmashNL.

4. Faab, jij *****, laat eens weten of je Fuzzyness **** housen! Het wordt anders zo vol bij mij.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
Lol, we just figuered out an evil masterplan on how tero and me might actually show up...

and then i saw armada is coming

and then i saw amsah is there

and now i'm SO ****ING HYPED FOR THIS TOURNAMENT; I CANT WAIT!!!!!!
****ing godlike! but WOAH, 45€ For all events is a ****ing lot... have to decide wether i'll cut brawl or not :/

Tero.

Smash Champion
This is looking mad cute right now.

Edit: In there any possibility of playing Melee freeplay during the Brawl tournament?
I'd like to enter Brawl, but 45€ is pretty much for me, considering the travelling costs.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
This is looking mad cute right now.

Edit: In there any possibility of playing Melee freeplay during the Brawl tournament?
I'd like to enter Brawl, but 45€ is pretty much for me, considering the travelling costs.
I host a melee tournament on the Brawl day. It's in Rotterdam. If you can find housing somewhere, you should try to come. But be quick, it's a tournament for 20 people max. Check the SmashNL forums.

K@0S

Smash Ace
are the french still coming to this? I heard they chickened out ;D

edit: no mario jokes plz xD
You troll and ask people not to troll back in the same post lol

Well I heard a low tier mainer in France beat the best dutch player so there is more challenge in our monthly =p

Qlex

Smash Cadet
I unfortunately won't come to this. Too much work.

Get hype!

Mr-R

Smash Champion
You troll and ask people not to troll back in the same post lol

Well I heard a low tier mainer in France beat the best dutch player so there is more challenge in our monthly =p
Well who says im the best player in holland, istud is on the same level as I am, and last time i checked he 6-0'd a certain person who happens to be best in france ? or at least top 3.
Think about it u can get back at him this time because u know the match up !
besides bushido is a monthly u can always go back + these kind of international tourneys dont occur that often

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I don't think this count as an international for brawl anymore ramin, who's going that isn't from the netherlands if the frenchies don't go?

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
That DK main that kicked me into LB at TSL4 better shows up, i wanna play some matches again! (i think it was yama... or was yama the Olimar i played in pools? dunno xD)

Slhoka

Smash Lord
That DK main that kicked me into LB at TSL4 better shows up, i wanna play some matches again! (i think it was yama... or was yama the Olimar i played in pools? dunno xD)
The one who sent you in LB is Boxmode.
The Olimar who beat you in pools is Greward, and Yama was the Snake you beat (but who still managed to get 17th). Yama won't come, he's going to the French tournament.

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
That DK player prolly isnt coming to this tourney. He sorta quited brawl.

And too bad Marcbri. U not coming means prolly that no spanish players will come :\

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
The one who sent you in LB is Boxmode.
The Olimar who beat you in pools is Greward, and Yama was the Snake you beat (but who still managed to get 17th). Yama won't come, he's going to the French tournament.
oh wow, slhoka knows more about my tourney stats than i do xD
i'm so confused...
wait, i beat yama? wtf
how amazing am i? oh, i remember, some random zelda beat me... (i guess someone is gonna tell me he isnt random xD)
too bad boxmode isnt playing, he was hella fun...
and how the hell did i mix up greward and yama? who is who? wth?

well, it'll be good to play some non-german brawlers again ^^

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I don't think I'll go.
At first I would have come only if I could not go to Pound 4, but now, even if I can't attend Pound, I don't think I'll come to this.
You better do something big during the next summer.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Slhoka, dont make us all sad :/
Well... I still may go to Pound 4.
I want to to to Lyon in February for TSL5.
I want to go to Berlin in April for Berlin Calling (
)
And I also want to attend all the big summer tournaments (even if I have to make some Paris-Newcastle-Amsterdam-Varberg-Lyon-somewhereinGermanyhopefullyBerlin-Barcelona itinerary).

So I thought it might be clever not to hurt my bank account too soon, especially for a one day melee tournament for which I'm pretty sure I'll have to pay for housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom