• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OSTS: Alliance - December 19th & 20th 2009 - Amsterdam - We need Wii's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyr

Smash Cadet
I just came home, want to share my story with you all. First Brawl tournament by the way.

So, first me and Nerdfunky end up in freaking snowy weather, driving with 50 km/u on a highway. Great. Anyway, we arrive around half past 11 and we enter the building. We watch a few matches and decide after a while to quickly get a tv and play some ourselves.

Tournament starts an hour late or so, but we don't mind, we've already had some great fun doing ridiculous things. First: doubles. Our names are called and we are choosing characters. Right now I realise how extremely nervous I actually am. I picked Meta Knight, Nerdfunky picks Lucas. Our opponents were a team of Wario & Pit. (I forgot your tags. :x) We already knew that that Wario was a freaking beast so we decided to let me take the Wario. Shaking hands, heart up in my throat, we start playing on FD. Nerd gets off a nice combo and almost kills the Pit in an instant, while I'm being utterly ***** by the Wario. (seriously, I never knew Wario players could be so annoying. In a good way, that is.) You could see that we lacked good practice, since we were seperated almost the whole time. Definitely something to work on. Anyway, we didn't lose that big, our opponents both had 1 stock left iirc. Not bad for a first. Next match we got *****. I don't want to talk about it. Seriously.

Our next set was against Ajoub and someone else, I forgot. >_> Anyway, we got ***** first match and decided to just have some fun the next match. Needless to say, we lost again, sadly. Brawl singles wouldn't start in 2 hours, so we decided to go to the McDonalds and get some food. Normally I like McDonalds, but this time..bleh. My coke was bleh, my burger was extremely bleh, and my fries were meh. Yeah.

When we returned I played some more friendlies with Nerd. I knew I should've played friendlies against people I didn't know, but I'm shy like that. :x Woo, singles time! My first match was against Yaaay, who actually impressed me with his Peach. I had a hard time finding my way around his spacing, while I was playing Snake, and I lost the match quite easily, a 2 stock iirc. Next match I decided to go with G&W, which went way more fluently. One thing I learned, is that I should play G&W from now on. I lost, but felt more comfortable playing and less stressed, so that's good I guess.

My next set was against a guy named JellSprout, he played Captain Falcon, and I picked G&W. I knew I was at an extremely big advantage so that calmed my nerves and I actually played a great match. I watched the replay later that day, and I was impressed by my spacing and mindgames. At least I know that I should calm down when playing a match, it improves my game greatly. Anyway, first match was a 3 stock, and second match a 2 stock. It felt great to win my first tournament match ever.

My next and final set was against a (Green) ROB player, forgot his name. Before the match, I mentioned how awesome ROB players are. I love ROB. <33333 I picked G&W and the match went okay, quite evenly, although I ruined my second stock. I was happy that I played this match well, even though I made some errors but that's okay. Second match I decided to go Meta Knight. Yeah, I went there. And I got *****. My spacing as Meta Knight sucks, I realised after the tournament.

All in all, I had some great fun. I watched Armada MM some guy (:X sorry about me not knowing all these names) in Melee, and I played some Melee friendlies as well, this time against a guy I didn't even know. =o Armada is ****ing sick, but I already knew that. However, seeing him play live is better than on youtube. Seeing him play made me want to pick up Melee once again, and I'm definitely gonna do that. Thanks for the tournament, I loved it! <3

EDIT: By the way, is my name really that hard to say? xD Every round I heard complaints about how they didn't know how to say it. Heh.

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Thx for hosting a great tournament, it was much fun for me, though some people could not make it cause of the weather ( flakers ) it was still great so thx ^^
A couple of shoutouts to Melee players who matters to me the most yesterday ( who is Jeapie? Dont worry , not many people know me xD )

Amsah: Thx for the friendlies we played. Also, no I wont give you my powers since you could not win from me in a falcon ditto =D or did you? =o oh well , sexy sheik is sexy and you still **** my *** ^^ thx for that you teached me some new mindgames. Also thank you for wanting to play so many friendlies with me, I was suprised you wanted to play with a random dude from Groningen like me =D

Adam: Ow man our tourney match was awesome. It was close, not closeclose but still, nah actually you just beat me hard but anyway, you taught me new stuff and the moments were we did not hit each other were scary as hell to me , just to many mindgames ^^

Fernandez: Hoi. Teams ging zo goed , gewoon 5e geworden man en je peach werd aangepakt door Faab in singles, toen je marth koos had je hem bijna =(

Mizar/Phaze: Aangepakt door Remen 8 stock hahahahaha =D , maar leuk dat jullie mee gingen en verneukte treinvertraging is verneukt , te laat terug in grunn =( Hoe lag het op de floer bij Fernandez thuis Mizar? xD

Biscuit: Thomas, Teams was awesome against you. You fair to rest my teammate and rested me too for like 2 or 3 times , really you are beast. You also got 7th in singles I see, congratz! Thx for the positive reaction on my falcon to , I apreciate it ^^
Next time we have to play some friendlies !

Porc: Oh man . This man... really like wtf.. Samus?? o_0 too much **** it is unbelieveable, you beat me with 2-1 ( or was it 2-0 ) fair and square. The friendlies after were great too , and I sd alot sometimes I know , but I saw you smileing/Laughing a couple of times , so I guess you did not mind much =D but
Je ne sais pas ^^

Dave: I know you dont play this game as serious as you used too do, but do you think you will practice again , somewhere in the future? Your doc is still sexy and you are a really nice person. thx for the matches we played ^^

Armada: I can still feel a turnip deep inside ..., thx for the **** ( it was raperape , it was Swedish **** ). Good luck at Pound 4 , I know you can win this time you are beast!!

Aniolas: Your English is soo good, I like your accent man , you sound just like a english gentleman ^^
Lets play some matches next time? You and your bro are fun to watch in teams, you too good luck at pound!

Uh, thats about it I think.. And thanks every other player who were there for making this tourney a succes!

Calzorz

Smash Lord
nice job fuzzy not bad placment now do as i said dont go falcon!!! XD gratz to armada on meele

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
Some Brawl results:

Singles

1: istudying
2: Mr-R
3: Gregs
4: reaper

Teams

1: istudying + Mr-R
2: kaak + T
3: Armada + Aniolas

Not sure about the rest, but I have the tio file on my laptop, so I'll probably upload them somewhere tonight.

More later.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Where did Armada place in Brawl just out of curiosity?

And **** reaper placed 4th? I was always told he was **** lool

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Any falcon dittos between fuzzy and jeapie
No I did not played against Fuzzyness
However, he did say some things about my falcon, like how pointless some things are I do =(
Oh well , everyone has is own personal styl in this game right? Falcon can be played in many ways, its up to you. Maybe I wil play him next time ^^ I hope I get a chance to do that ;)

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Fuzzy sucks, Jeapies Falcon is the ****. Imma become best Falcon in UK now cuz I am better than Fuzzy fo sho give me 1 year and I'll be best in Europe.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Interesting results

Not really surprised at the Brawl top 3 but other peeps like tofu and lesje doing well is cool =]

Gymmo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gymmo_Network
Photo's of the Brawl day. These were made with a DSi, so the quality is not always the best.

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
I had to forfeit my match against Ayoub, and I still got 33rd? Lmao.

Ramz, rocking the Ushenka + Cowboy Hat Combo.

Greedy son of a ***** Skippo, you ****ing owed me some chicken. XDD

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
Is it me or every single team but Faab + Zgetto and Armada + Aniolas got a tio-generated nickname ? :laugh:
Dave + GOAT and Marc + me also have our own nicknames, but everything else is generated by Tio, yes. Some of those nicknames are so weird...

Anyway, the results thread is here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259240

We can go on in there. I'll close this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom