• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OS All-Stars: Game over! TOWN WINS!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
What was incriminating me on the reread? Only thing I could think of is hammering DH, but I legitimately didn't know inferno could kill people that hammered as well.

:phone:
Ask Alex. He held fort until I FINALLY bothered playing the last day, when we pushed **** through your throats in the end.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
What was incriminating me on the reread? Only thing I could think of is hammering DH, but I legitimately didn't know inferno could kill people that hammered as well.

Honestly it was more so you were forced to run the gauntlet when the rest of your faction exploded.

Then PoE narrowed it down too much at end game.

I wasn't gonna lynch FroMar or Inferno, and my QT with Kryz gave me a strong town read to verify him.

For me at least, when you got caught in a claim conflict that made it worse since you got hit by a night action.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
And note how some people were hesitant to lynch me just because Xiivi was in the hydra. People need to stop being so damn meta.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'll keep that in mind Chibo.

Also Ryu did you claim Peach, Town Princess to any of your other mason(s)?
I claimed Deadpool to Kevin lololol.

Still doublebagged Hep and Meadow d1. Kept getting paranoid in endgame by a bunch of set-up ****. You being a ***** about nearly everything didn't help.
Did paranoia really get to you that much?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Laundry and Ryker are always EXTREMELY paranoid.

They spent the entirety of Skies in fear of an invisible Cop despite knowing my mod meta frowns upon cops.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I had no reason to trust anyone in endgame. FroMar's role kept me wondering about him the entire game and I had little else to trust him with. His D1 play wasn't as spectacular as he thinks, considering when Drew started pushing at him, that was the first time I agreed with anything that Drew had done.

You were being antagonistic towards my slot the entire game for reasons I couldn't comprehend at all.

JTB was a nonfactor. I kinda skimmed his play, went "typical JTB," and left him alone. FroMar pushed me to reread him without looking for flat evidence and looking at his posts left a lot to be desired. The fact that he was so concerned with indies is what tipped me off that he might not be town.

ZV's disappearing act lent credibility to marshy saying he might not be town.

Inferno was about the only thing I had any reason to trust and I still was worried he was compulsive.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Day one sucked. I couldn't access the internet when I needed to during the day and I stuck my neck out because I thought Nabe was salvagable, then Soup/Zen replaced in for Ran out of nowhere. Changing schedules for both Stew and I kept us from playing together. It just sucked.

I honestly thought that FroMar was scum given how he was acting on Day 1 and I was mafia with mod-confirmed knowledge that there were not two teams.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719

Three things: You never really stuck your neck out like you did in Skies. That stuck out the most to me on reread because I thought you had, or at the very least, as much as you had in FLC. You just kinda posted a bunch of questions that never went anywhere.

You weren't really here, at least not as much as you should've been for you. That opened me up to reconsidering in the first place.

The thing that really sealed it is that we knew we had mafia left and you started becoming so concerned with indy. When asked to talk about a scumread, you'd give a couple of seconds. When it came to talking about me as an indy, you went for ages. That just seemed grody in tandem with what OS was talking about in the indies thread. I thought you were going to flip indy. I'm glad you flipped mafia.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
First let me say this: I'm really ****ing sorry FroMar. I was worried the entire time you were Terra and didn't want to do it. When you didn't want to admit you were a doublevoter, I couldn't understand why. I thought town would've put that out there immediately but you kept shrugging it off despite at least one person knowing you had it. It wasn't one-shot either, so I wanted you gone by endgame simply from that perspective. I had no reason to trust you since D1 wasn't optimal play from you, D2 was handed to you on a silver platter, and D3 you lynched the doc. D4 you just kinda listened to us. Your plan coming into today was too dangerous and was setting it up perfectly for an unwinnable situation for town. 2/1/1 is game over for us as far as I'm concerned and not finding an indy would've damned us. There was absolutely no reason for me to trust you, regardless of how much you expected me to.

Also, our ability had confirmation we couldn't see things. I assumed we couldn't see factional NKs and we couldn't see masonries or some ****.

So, I tip my hat to you for not giving in and just lynching us when you had every reason to do it. I was dreading having to convince two of Inferno/ZV/Kryst to lynch you the next day, depending on who lived.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
OMG

THIS ****FEST IS ****ING OVER AND I WON AS TOWN FOR ONCE

TOAD lTS IIGHT WE WON WHO GIVES A ****

/brofist

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm a member of the hardbody crew.
I'm a townie and a good one too.
First with the vote in the morning,
lynchin' the same old scum!
Hunt for the indy, pick the dumb from the scum,
Rally the town, and find a cop with a crumb.
Bring your mason partner, he will never trouble you.
Make him a member of the hardbody crew!​

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
OMG

THIS ****FEST IS ****ING OVER AND I WON AS TOWN FOR ONCE

TOAD lTS IIGHT WE WON WHO GIVES A ****

/brofist

I hope you're murdered by a throng of angry circus performers.

Seriously, I currently hate your guts.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Re-reading the game to determine MVP. I'd like to hear your guys' thoughts on the game / balance as well. This is the last of the games of mine that focus on the individual like this, so my game types will be slowly moving in another direction, so if you were in this game you took a part in OS' last standard game!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
alright so, obligatory self props moment

saved krys, saved inferno. saved chibo. all my reads were spot on cept for when i felt ran should go before hep. but then mr. lynch made the ran slot fine. so i ended up being ok with hepalien going first. did NOT understand why people had DH as town early on, he was just sheeping. pushed meadowscum.

shoutouts -

MiR - such a baller this game. oh my god. too much to write. totally agreed with your thought process the entire time cept for hep/dh on d1? i think you had dh as town or null, can't remember.

fromar was ok. i disagreed with forcing votes between zv and kev, should have been kev and jtb or something. thought his early play was whack, "hepalien is a threat lets get rid of him" LOL wtf man that's never a good reason to off someone as town. haha.

inferno you became town's 2nd lynch tool inadvertently lol but i think that's the ideal way to play the role when town has good scum hunters.

chibo - i knew you were town, **** all the haters lol

krys - dr. strange'd yo ***.

meadow - hardbodied lol

raziek - post more

jtb - you played fine but you were still null for me after your lack of presence in d1.

dh - idk how you got town reads on your slot, i saw you more as sheeping popular opinion and being null because of it. i guess you were doing something right though? maybe try to conjure up your own reads next time or something.

rr - y u hate me tho :(

sho - that early 7 flush was like -_-but it killed hep so kudos.

ran - smh

mr. lynch - your reads were fine and i saw soup's town meta so easily. a little butthurt that this slot got lynched when jtb/DF were still around.

DF - mostly null, but apparently you helped town, so good stuff.

BM - so obvious town. gj joey/john

kevm - yo i'm kevm everyone listen to me or i'll whoop yo ***. lol i like your style.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Re-reading the game to determine MVP. I'd like to hear your guys' thoughts on the game / balance as well. This is the last of the games of mine that focus on the individual like this, so my game types will be slowly moving in another direction, so if you were in this game you took a part in OS' last standard game!
You took an approach I've kinda shied away from: balancing the game by making both sides broke as hell. It kinda worked and kinda didn't, as there was a ton of smart play from town in the early game that coincidentally destroyed both the mafia roles that could do something. There were a lot of traps. We bit on some of them. I actually think getting a massclaim made it harder on at least my slot. The one thing left that we had to confirm was conveniently the one thing we couldn't target.

I'm not sure I liked it. It's hard to say, because Kefka and the Friends would've been so gogdamn interesting to see play out but we got both in the first day.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
this makes me wonder what dh's meta looks like lol, ultimate sheeping status i presume. but yeah i get you now with the meta rationale.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
bardull thats not why i went for hep. thanks for the advice and critique but i dont give a **** about your advice or critique specially if that flew over your head

frozen thank you for taking the reigns later on in the game when i started to become apathetic. our activity levels almost pulled a 180 individually heh

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I didn't get the issue raz had with marshy lol

BarDulL

Town Vampire
bardull thats not why i went for hep. thanks for the advice and critique but i dont give a **** about your advice or critique specially if that flew over your head

frozen thank you for taking the reigns later on in the game when i started to become apathetic. our activity levels almost pulled a 180 individually heh

yo chill out lol but you basically said that on d1 and i can quote it rofl. i'm just sayin' what comes to my mind about your slot y'know?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Major props to Joey - was a blast to hydra with him and actually have a great game for once. =)

Top Bottom