• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OS All-Stars: Game over! TOWN WINS!

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
^less content/discussion is always better

I've been telling you guys that forever

clearly I helped exemplify how useful no discussion was by never even logging onto the hydra account

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Dude no problem man, I owed it to you for the huge ****ing carry through D1 and D2 (and most of the post DH lynch D3 phase dealy). Like, you put in ****ing work. It was like you were the starting pitcher, hardbodied the scum while you were alive and kickin, and then ran out of gas at the end and I came in to close hahaha.

It was scum lynch city early game, then we were both pretty low on involvement, then I kicked in to clinch the last one.

And omfg do you remember that ****ing PM I sent you when I was piss drunk yelling about how I was drunkenly reading JTBs posts at the start of one day phase and how I thought the oozed scum. hahahaha I need to reread games drunk more often apparently I actually develop a solid scumdar then XP

but dude twas a hell of an experience playing with you man, def did the hydra justice. We need to hydra more bro, so much fun /brofist

Just curious but when I started to take the reigns on the hydra was it pretty obvious to everyone still alive? lol
aye. i have that pm and kind of want to post it. i remember how salty you were when we chose kevin/el zv to die but then jtb started acting out of whack. while our choice was t v t it at least helped out with that read. i think you suggested having jtb hammer someone and idve been down with a zv lynch + jtb hammer but dfalcons quick hammer screwed that over

i enjoyed the hydra as well + the synergy with toad all game. was kinda surprised you guys turned on us like that cuz really wedve just nkilled your ***** for knowing our role and wedve used the bold leadership ability differently. then again i never mentioned this cuz i knew someone would just throw "WIFOM POINT INVALID" into my ****ing face

also rykers plan to kill me made me laugh. i had been strongly considering using our bold leadership ability on msizzle/toad if they survived past d1 cuz i was getting tvs from that interaction and something about laundry and ryker fighting to the death deeply amused me

os im not crazy about power role heavy games (hence why i only joined when frozen invited me) but i cant deny the balance/creativity behind this one so props for that. i creamed myself when i got a role that forced town to kill people of my choosing

:phone:

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Why the heck were we lynched when we were so obv town? Don't bother replying to this because I really don't care. I just felt I should post.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Laundry/xonar was a freaking nightmare this game. When I took notes for the game I remember every single post from MiR made it onto my significant post list and I agreed with most of them. Was mad that I had nothing to post.

Halfway through D1 me and Ryker agreed on "Plan 4 man scum wagon from hell" and I still think it's literally the funniest idea we've had. If all 4 of the scum members were on a d1 mislynch. And we also had to get MiR off us/on our side and I remember discussing with Ryker how they would love to be on the conspiracy "let's lynch FroMar" wagon. Cus Laundry is the kind of guy to love a conspiracy lynch like that. I still wish it had gone down, even if we had lost. If only so we could be in the history books as "that one time all 4 mafia forced a mislynch D1."

Beyond that, our other plan was "Okay JTB you got the ball, run with it kid." JTB did really well staying alive as always but just couldn't pull through I guess.

Good game y'all. Wish it could've lasted longer for us.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
This was an awesome game to watch. Kinda miffed I didn't get to replace in, but not gonna complain. Good job town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why the heck were we lynched when we were so obv town? Don't bother replying to this because I really don't care. I just felt I should post.
I'm sorry for giving you and soup the hard work and the inevitable scumminess. At times I'm lazy and I just bleh.

Thanks for taking my **** and doing what you could, the both of you. <3

If you are ever in trouble, don't worry I got your back. TEN VOTES? I'll try to give town something something at least. w/e's.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS' player thoughts:

2. Meadowsizzle (Ryker/Stew) [lynched D1]

Calm down. You made yourself a target with no plan centering around it. When a good scum player is a target of suspicion, it's because he wanted to be, and he did so so that a scum mate can get town points for pushing him. Bonus, they can call it off at some point that feels legitimate and whoever gets lynched first makes the other look town.

You definitely had plans going into it but you didn't give them time to bear fruit and tried to push it too hard; you went against the grain rather than with it and the difference in that behavior from standard behavior made you stand out. The nail that sticks out gets the hammer!

4. HepAlien (Circus/Nabe) [7-Flush lynched D1]

You got a bit of a raw deal being put up against Ranmaru in a 7-flush, but you didn't help your survivability. Posting pictures is never a good defense. The only time that posting pictures is effective is when you want to embarrass someone else, they're rarely an actual rebuttal. People had questions, fair or not, and when it's a whole game full of them with their eye on you you are unable to brush them off so easily! Your job at that point was to convince them that Ranmaru was a better lynch but you were scared of being called out as scum. So instead of pushing hard for a Ranmaru lynch, you were pushing hard for people to see you as an "innocent townie" and thus, by association, Ranmaru would be the better lynch. The issue here is that one of you WAS going to die. You can't just proclaim yourself innocent and hope for the best unless you're wanting to convince a bloodthirsty D1 town that they want to give you both immunity.

16. Bardull [Killed N1]

You did an absolutely excellent job this game and were one of the first to figure out Meadow's inconsistencies, probably why you were killed N1! I was impressed with your play; you did resort to one cheap parlor trick but it was for town benefit and worked out well. You also brought attention to DH when no one else was, which may have led to DFalcon's observing him! Excellent job.

5. Sho-Minamimoto (J/Seph) [Killed N1]

A victim of circumstance with your kill. You played a decent game. Sloppy, but decent; you weren't really given the chance to bloom.

13. Dark Horse [lynched D2]

If you hadn't been observed killing, you might have survived as long as JTB! You got a bit of a raw deal, but in my defense mafia decided to send someone who WASN'T the guy who was immune to all night actions in a 17 player game with 13 remaining non-mafia... so you guys asked for it! :p

8. Mr. Lynch [lynched D3]

I appreciated the effort coming into the game, sorry you didn't get too much playtime where you could really hunt scum! Read your roles more carefully in the future though. ;)

3. Raziek [killed N3]

Always enjoyed you being in my mafia games. You too played a decent game, but didn't make too big of an impact. The restraint you showed with your role really was necessary! I could see more aggressive players just wrecking the game up with this and causing all sorts of suspicion, but you knew the dangers of power. You should probably try making more of a splash in a future game, stick your neck out and let yourself be wrong just to see how well you can control those situations. It's a skillset that can be required, but you don't seem to use it often and tend to let others push things around.

6. Bubbly Masquerain (Joey/John) [killed N3]

Your cop ability would have been sooooooo much more useful than your vote, but you didn't get too much time to use it. Good attempts this game. You should try making more of a splash too! Simply stating things is different than pushing them, although I appreciated your ability to avoid being pushed around by FrozenMarsh.

14. KevinM [Lynched D4]

Step your game uppppppppp. You were a primary target in town's eyes for several day phases, culminating on being chosen for a lynch over El ZV due to Kirk's ability. You've been acting consistently scummy and skulking way too much for your own good as town and it inevitably puts you on the chopping block when town needs that the least. That said you've got the basic fundamentals down and were one of the players willing to make a scene and say "What? NO. When Hep says 'let us both live' he's just saying 'we are both scum'". You had a good start but you fizzled over time and let yourself become a "process of elimination target". I'll also add that I believe you were the only one to make a public list showing all 4 scum in a negative category (JTB/DH in a vig bait category, Meadow? and Hep in a "scum" category). It was a lot of players to lump in there so the odds were big, but I didn't remember seeing it elsewhere.

12. DiamondFalcon [Killed N4]

I really enjoyed your play here and hope you play more. You were a solid, respectable player and you knew the strengths of both night actions and day play and acted appropriately. Very well balanced.

10. JTB [Lynched D5]

You played a superb game, albeit not too amazing to watch. You came in with not one, not two, but three insta-lynched scummates. You didn't even have time to distance properly! I almost thought you were going to pull it off in the end... You only needed one more phase! Glad to see you kept it interesting. You did an excellent job at making EVERYONE think you were town.

The living:

1. Xonar/Laundry (Make It Rain!)

The MVP!

You were the one that ended up getting town on a positive track that didn't involve killing absolutely everyone. You were instrumental in getting Meadow and Hep killed (post #1276 was a big deal) and throughout the game you kept a level head and made yourself very useful both at Night and during the Day. You avoided horrible danger scenarios like FrozenMarsh's doublevoter in lylo plan and did so without over-reacting and saying "you suggested this, so we kill you now" and played an incredibly solid game that was supported by actual cases. This is a textbook example of a strong town game and good Night choices. You got a little antagonistic towards the end with FroMar and that could have cost you guys the game, but you came through in the end.

7. Red Ryu

You're always so unassuming, hiding in the shadows. I will tell you this, you are good at being consistently null. Scum doesn't want to kill you, town doesn't want to lynch you, but you still were able to contribute. I would keep this playstyle, but know when to speak up a bit more. A few times during the game I saw you had better ideas than the current status quo, but they were glossed over or others took credit.

9. Krystedez

You've been improving at mafia, good at making yourself appear town. On its own, that's really strong. Keep playing mafia and hope you enjoyed being Chrono. :D

11. Inferno3044

I really disliked how you let others control your vig power with impunity; you never quite gave yourself veto power, and that's dangerous. You were never, under any circumstances, going to end up killing scum with this ability but still allowed town members to die this way. It would have been more beneficial to say "well, not a vig I guess" and let everyone live, I think.

15. El Zv

You played a solid game, dunno wtf people's problems were. Screw 'em, you did a good job explaining your stances and you even hid that you were deadpool. Reading mafia and seeing they were just SURE bardull was deadpool at first made me laugh XD

17. Frozenflame751/Marshy

The other driving force in this game, but man you were like... you're like the guy in the RPG that goes out with the main character on a quest and does a lot of awesome stuff, but is all brash about it. He has a sword, you have an axe. He wants to rescue hostages from the bandits, you're just concerned with killing the bandits. He wants to sneak up on the guards, you run up and kill them with your bare hands.

Effective? Yes. Dangerous? Also yes.

You were on the wrong side of an argument as many times as you were on the right side this game and the antagonism and "I'm town, they'll believe me" attitude was a dangerous line to cross. It's definitely been effective in the past, but I think after 3 mafia members immediately died I don't think you really need to hide that you are a double voter or call people idiots for wanting one lynch over another. What's more, you wasted a day phase by putting KevinM and EL ZV up for a lynch; both were already presumed targets by town, so the use wasn't really necessary. You could have just talked to them, but instead forced their hand, and it inevitably made a wasted day. It would have been better to use that ability on someone who you thought COULDN'T be lynched that you wanted to put pressure on rather than just saying "here are two decent picks I guess", imo. You had a lot of room for error this game but you really pushed that line.

The power struggle with being the top dog was a dangerous thing this game as well. Your arguments towards the end were really close to sending town to a 3 man lylo with JTB, and your suggestion of sending you to lylo as a double voter was damn near irresponsible. If MiR hadn't been cool-headed enough to not do a principle lynch, it would have been really easy to get you lynched. Following that, a mislynch based off of that wouldn't have been hard, and it would have let JTB go under. You really think that putting your own head in a position to be on the chopping block like that would have been good with Krys, El ZV, and Red Ryu still left? Dangerous, dangerous, dangerous.

That said, your PoE matched up with logic towards the end and you took out the right guy and you were a definite driving force. Most of the mistakes you made came about because, well, there were no targets to find. I'd like to see a less volatile marshy in games where town has a huge advantage, but yuor playstyle definitely gets things done.

That said, cool it with the insults. I understand you can get into it and I use persona all the time to get under people's skin, but don't go so far as to insult them personally and maek the game not fun for anyone. It's not cool and isn't really something you should support; you're both prime members of the DGames community and others will look up to you and attempt to emulate you, so try to be a good example at least some of the time no matter how you feel personally about someone's play or what advantage you expect to get.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
If you hadn't been observed killing, you might have survived as long as JTB! You got a bit of a raw deal, but in my defense mafia decided to send someone who WASN'T the guy who was immune to all night actions in a 17 player game with 13 remaining non-mafia... so you guys asked for it! :p
This is what i'm still kind of mad about. JTB and I have a conversation about how only JTB should send in the kill, and I think I convince JTB that I shouldn't send in the kill, therefore not sending in the kill. The next day, JTB tells me that he sent in the kill for me, and I get caught.

I then proceeded to throw the nearest table out of my window.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
DH, are you ****ing kidding me? We went over this in skype, I voiced my concerns about OS putting in a watcher to counter me being untrackable, to which you agreed[i/] with, then left the conversation without finalizing any sort of action with me. I put in the most optimal action for getting myself to end game and I don't regret it at all.

If you want to be mad, how about you be mad about being scummy enough to cause DF to track you?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
JTB, I had been telling you that yes, there could be a watcher. However, if both of us were seen visiting the dead body, we would both be ****ed, compared to one person being ****ed if only one person visiting the dead body. This was what I had been arguing the entire time. Also, looking at the skype log, you told me that it was "up to me" to decide whether I would send in the kill or not.

If you had not sent in the action for me, I wouldn't have been caught. It's as simple as that.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
OS' player thoughts:

9. Krystedez

You've been improving at mafia, good at making yourself appear town. On its own, that's really strong. Keep playing mafia and hope you enjoyed being Chrono. :D
Thanks, I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially given the flavor and that safe claim JTB made, lol. I just felt like it was a movie, with Frog next to me, and suddenly I had the urge to rip his slimy mask off XD But he was a great player. Just PoE helped a lot.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
So when I said up to you, you decided the best course of action was to not kill anyone that night?

And why would a watcher see both of us visit the same body?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
No, I decided the best cource of action was for only you to submitt the kill.

JTB, if we both visited the body, both of us would be seen visiting the dead body. That's how a watcher works. Hell, the entire reason for the whole "should I submitt the kill?" thing was that you thought there was a watcher in this game to counter your role.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I haven't figured out what people have against Chibo. He doesn't play bad and I feel like people vote him because they don't like him or some ****. Like I would MM Chibo for an ice cream cone because at the end of the day ice cream makes people happy.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I think it's still mostly residual salt from his attempts at breaking games, and the cluster**** that was Dexter.

Some people just poke fun, but others have taken it past that point significantly. :/

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
No, I decided the best cource of action was for only you to submitt the kill.

JTB, if we both visited the body, both of us would be seen visiting the dead body. That's how a watcher works. Hell, the entire reason for the whole "should I submitt the kill?" thing was that you thought there was a watcher in this game to counter your role.
1) Then you should've told me because I had no idea what you were planning to do.

2) Both of us wouldn't had been visiting the body, since when does multiple people make the kill?

Top Bottom