• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure they can only order it by there perception...and seein how you don't attend there tournaments, you're basically inactive. In fact other players have called you inactive, drop your dumb grudge. All of you.
Guy. Their biweeklies and the Brawl tournament? Biweeklies don't count for shit and Brawl obviously has nothing to do with Melee. And if I don't attend THEIR tournaments but go to the other ones, how does that make me inactive? Also, tommy was the one defending me as not being inactive, and pretty sure nobody has called me inactive on the boards lately.

Climax11

Smash Ace
I wasn't saying there list was perfect. I'm just saying that I since you don't attend there ****, that's how it's ordered. It's not a pr though, so...topic dropped :) Sunhine?

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Whatev bro. Josh and I are going to Portland soon for DDR since every machine in Eugene is broken or queer as fuck. Minh gonna bring it home for some DDR and smash? Anyone else down is welcome, naturally.

T0MMY

Smash Master
drop your dumb grudge. All of you.
I think the hait posts are kind of amusing. But I don't really have time to keep up with it, you are a wise man Guymax. ^_^

timmy n tommy! u should go to the SF nintendo tournament X)
Hey, where did you come from? We were totally planning on attending, but travel plans got messed up.
However, since it's you, we'll probably attend even if we have to hitchhike.
But you have to bring me an avocado sandwich. Deal? :laugh:

edit: and yes, it is by activity, sorry if it's not up to date, I have to do a lot more than make sure everyone's activity levels are correct. It's just generalized by who I see at the tournaments in the area. I've seen Guy and Aevin a lot (Wiki, his Ness is good, Melee & Brawl), Jank might be very active in Portland, but I can only attend the larger events there, so I can't say for sure. If you want to bicker over who's up higher than the other person, go get a Myspace profile and complain to your friends about their friend list, this isn't the place.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Alright buddy. Just curious though. How do you not have time to check and update the boards, but travel to so many tournaments, both in and out of state? I have two jobs, school and voice performances / lessons, sarging, lifting, shit I can't even think of all my obligations not mentioning social life, and I still check this place. You work like once a month and even then you ditch it to go to tournaments and shit. What's bringing you down? Also, I said I want off the list.

Climax11

Smash Ace
My only reason i care about the whole hate posts is because new smashers comming in are going to think the boards are re-tard-ed.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
The boards are ******** though. No big.

A friend of mine's friend came to the first finger bang, really excited for his first smash tournament. They both came, actually. And they solidly concluded that they would not immerse themselves any further, because they found that the community, on the whole as they could gather from that tournament, was garbage. It was too bad, but I don't blame them.

Can't please everyone.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Alright buddy. Just curious though. How do you not have time to check and update the boards, but travel to so many tournaments, both in and out of state? I have two jobs, school and voice performances / lessons, sarging, lifting, shit I can't even think of all my obligations not mentioning social life, and I still check this place. You work like once a month and even then you ditch it to go to tournaments and shit. What's bringing you down? Also, I said I want off the list.
Heh, obviously saying I work once a month is quite an exaggeration, not very many jobs would keep an employee with that scheduling (I can't think of any). I work two jobs as well,, I have my 8-hour shifts at my hourly-paid job as well as my commision-based job (I'm an illustrator) and with that one, any time not spent into my job is work not finished. And with all the work it takes, it doesn't offer much pay (at least not initially?) Trust me when I say I was nearly fired from all my traveling--outside of Smash, I still have to travel to cons for my comics and such.
As far as personal life goes, that's where a huge chunk of time is taken, I've had to deal with a lot of drama from cancer and suicide to police and court. All that is nearly taken care of (since about 2 weeks ago), and I don't feel like going into detail with that at all, so I have quite a lot more time to do things now.

Also, I was without a decent internet connection until just recently as well (I only had less than an hour to check my messages and respond here).
I'm cutting my enrollment to half-time, mostly because a lot of the classes I needed for my degree were cut, which puts my degree in question.

I hope that clears things up.

Ok, so I'm assuming you meant the front page list of active players, not the tia one. I was looking at the tia list and didn't see you on there, so I was a bit confused.

NO!!

It sucked sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!! >_<

But it was cool running into T0mmy again. ^_^
You should have gone Fox!
Yah, it was great how I was randomly in the area when I heard about the tournament and ran into you, Rickety, Oscar, Ken, and everyone.
And don't capitalize the 't' in my name, it looks weird (knows how Gimpy feels about the capital 'f'). haha X^D

cmin

Smash Ace
hey joshmagosh, i cant make it home this weekend unless i get a ride. but DDR does sound fun as hell since i have been working out now. so i can play more than like a song without passing out.

T0MMY

Smash Master
YAY I CANT WAIT TO SEE U GUYS =D
Aw, you're ridiculously nice. X^)
And it was a lot of fun hanging out with the Baysians in SF--OR granola ftw!

is an avocado sandwich just bread with avocados?
That would constitute an avocado sandwich... maybe not one to my high-standards of avocado snobbishness, but an avocado sandwich non-the-less. :psycho:

You know what's funny? I ended up having a really nice avocado sandwich while standing in line with you guys. Of course it was right when the line started moving and they were saying "no food/drink inside" so I was like... GULP!

debaser

Smash Lord
hey Josh, I didn't get your message until last night. a few of my friends from Wilsonville visited over the weekend so I couldn't smash.

I still want to though

Mighty Afro

Smash Rookie
ah... aside from that realy annoying guy who kept switching pokemon and yelling "disappear!" every time I tried to attack him, thus wasting the entire match, I enjoyed the little gatering at BCG on sunday.

T0MMY

Smash Master
We got back from San Francisco earlier than expected, we had a small gathering of about 10 people after BCG, you should have been there.
Well, next week we should have some pizzas or something fun. Wait... SKYPAL this weekend? I think I've been out of Oregon longer than I've been here.

Mighty Afro

Smash Rookie
aw maaaaan! well eveyone pretty much left at the same time, so I thought it was over for the night... plus it was almost 6 '_'; ....blast! So I take it you guys won't be around this weekend?

T0MMY

Smash Master
Nah, probably not. SKYPAL is too much fun to pass up.
But I have to be back sunday for work, so we should be back then.

Climax11

Smash Ace
Whaaa? Wiki, you ass. Since when am I emo and round faced...asshole.

oh ps. just played like 16 or so hours of brawl...i think i'm in love.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Melee used to be the best game ever created.
But now it is the least played game in my library... I'll play Smash 64 before Melee.
Looking forward to the online League--no more travel & time johnz :^D

Climax11

Smash Ace
Melee used to be the best game ever created.
But now it is the least played game in my library... I'll play Smash 64 before Melee.
Looking forward to the online League--no more travel & time johnz :^D
I disagree with brawl and more so with T0MMY...brawl's just to **** to melee. But uh...64? what are we...cave men?

cmin

Smash Ace
BC i'lll play you on friday when i come back, i think you can just spend the night then go to the jigs in the morning. Peach masta said alcohol and booty calls will be provided at the church

Balloon

Smash Lord
That trolling doesnt do anything Bart, Brawl is already more popular than when melee was in its prime in 05-06.
omfg i love good charlotte they r better than any band cuz they r more popularzzzzz

here's the thing: when you say the prime of melee, you mean competitive melee. the prime that you need to compare with brawl's current popularity is melee's popularity right after release in 01/02.

either way, brawl is a worse game than melee, easily. sakurai made sure to put effort into making brawl bad for competitive play, whereas in melee, he just made the game the best he could without moderating his ideas since competitive smash wasn't really that popular around that time.

Top Bottom