• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

T0MMY

Smash Master
Updated first post.
Added in the West Coast Fatties Salem tournament.
Anyone interested in going to the Gameclucks tournament instead of the Salem one?
Plus side to Salem: It's closer. Plus side to Gameclucks: It has Gimpyfish & Kage.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
For some reason this computer cannot open YouTube videos. >_>
I couldn't tell if those were Brawl or Melee vids, but then some scrub made a stupid comment about wavedashing so I'd guess Melee.

cmin

Smash Ace
Multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS), also known as environmental illness, is a condition whereby individuals experience adverse reactions when exposed to low levels of chemicals found in everyday substances. Sufferers of MCS often avoid public places and/or wear a protective filter to avoid inhaling the many chemical substances in the environment.

MCS's john for not showing up to anything. god**** bubbleboy

T0MMY

Smash Master
Wow... I was using the C-stick to move this whole time... it worked, but dang that other one is a lot better.
People STILL have doubts that Melee is a good competitive game. The game only just came out and it's getting a lot more attention in the competitive scene.
If nobody played it competitively, I'd still play it instead of Melee because it's also a lot more fun.

debaser

Smash Lord
The game only just came out and it's getting a lot more attention in the competitive scene.
Kind of a flawed argument because A: Brawl is easier (in terms of the physics being more forgiving) and thus more accessible and B: competitive smashing didn't really exist when Melee came out.

Binx

Smash Master
I'm not trying to say it doesn't have potential, I played for a few hours and it definitely has some potential, I don't mind that my old tactics wont work because i've decided to treat this as a completely different game , however I am still at a loss as how to really move well in this game, dash dancing obviously doesn't work, cant interrupt dash animations with your shield as quickly as before, so basically my main movement options have changed or been removed entirely so I feel like a complete and utter noob, so I am wondering if there have been discoveries on new ways and such, the brawl tactics forum hasn't been very helpful so I figured I'd ask here because I know for a fact that at least Timmy and Tommy have been playing for a month now.

Also was wondering, Marth seem imba to you guys?

debaser

Smash Lord
Wikepeida.com:

I'm still not sure it exists...
Oh, it's not on wikipedia, it has its own wiki

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

and I'm fairly certain "competitive smashing" isn't a word, so I don't think the dictionary would help much there.

And about the encyclopedia, I dunno know what to tell ya. Maybe you should email Encarta and they can cut something out of their article on Saudi Arabia-like its husbandry practices or something-so they can fit in an article on a video game being played competitively.

Kefka

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is a lot of fun, but for me at least I think the fun and excitement is mostly due to the novelty of a brand new game and the fact that it can be explored for the first time. It's clear that both the physical and mental game of melee goes far deeper, and I don't think even with the development of brawls meta game over time it will even come close to melee.

Not like my opinion matters at all though because everyone is in love with brawl! And objectively, it is a fantastic, well polished game, and finally showing potential for Wii multiplayer.

Maybe you should email Encarta and they can cut something out of their article on Saudi Arabia-like its husbandry practices or something-so they can fit in an article on a video game being played competitively.
LOL

T0MMY

Smash Master
Kind of a flawed argument because A: Brawl is easier (in terms of the physics being more forgiving) and thus more accessible and B: competitive smashing didn't really exist when Melee came out.
That really doesn't shed any light as to why it's considered flawed.
It builds off the momentum Melee had as Melee did with Smash 64.
Questioning it's competitive value doesn't make sense considering there's plenty of tournaments already scheduled.
Like everyone else said, it doesn't matter if it's "competitive" or not, it's fun, and that's the whole reason to play a game.

Climax11

Smash Ace
T0MMY shut the **** up, you don't know half the **** you spew out of your ******* mouth and....

Oh wait...sorry, I forgot who I was for a second.

debaser

Smash Lord
That really doesn't shed any light as to why it's considered flawed.
It builds off the momentum Melee had as Melee did with Smash 64.
Questioning it's competitive value doesn't make sense considering there's plenty of tournaments already scheduled.
Like everyone else said, it doesn't matter if it's "competitive" or not, it's fun, and that's the whole reason to play a game.
Yes, but there is way more momentum behind melee going into brawl than there was with 64 going into melee. I was just pointing out that saying brawl is better because there is more interest in tournaments so early on in its release wasn't valid because the circumstances were different.

Regarding "competitive" vs fun I like melee because it is competitive. "Fun" is a broad term.

And I agree with Kefka that melee has more depth, which is why it is more fun to me right now. Also, I find the intense speed of melee to be simply exhilarating. But Brawl is fun too for different reasons. It has great music, features, new characters, looks pretty and it its fun to have something new to figure out. Not to mention it's a smash brothers game, which makes it inherently fun. :D

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Ha ha. Neither game is more competitive than the other. It's the players that are competitive. MvC2 is a good example of a fighter with an amazing competitive scene regardless of in-game flaws.

King Dedede is ****.

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
Ha ha. Neither game is more competitive than the other. It's the players that are competitive. MvC2 is a good example of a fighter with an amazing competitive scene regardless of in-game flaws.

(correction fool!!!)timmy's King Dedede is ****.
Yeah I agree on this

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
didn't you lose to mcs last time you played him ?
hahaha
then its was mcs and eggz in the final at the sfe u went to....
=]
osu3 was really big and better then any of the sfe's i think but washington didn't come so mcs won it

Balloon

Smash Lord

King Dedede is ****.
Melee is far more suited for competitive play than Brawl. I agree it's the players that are competitive, but you could be a competitive player who is way into ****ing Mario Party and that doesn't make the game a good competitive game.

Also, you obviously know nothing about MvC2.

Also, I want my gloves back still, cause they're badass. When can I get them?

Top Bottom