• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Excellent idea, besides they have made an apparence in Super Mario Bros.Z. You know, that big unofficial crossover in sprite animation of 2012 made by Alvin Earthworm between the Mario and the Sonic universes. This series definitely made the childhood of a lot of people in Youtube back in the days so I'm pretty sure a lot of person will recongnize them ;)
I keep on forgetting about that. Shame it was never able to continue, even after he tried making a remake the series. If I recall, he was going to include Geno at some point in the future, right?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
When do you think the supporter number will be big enough to pull off more impressive supporting feats?
Honestly, at this point, it's really tough to tell, something that I think we may all need to play with by ear. All I can recommend at this point is to use your better judgment. "Will this person pass this up if they see that the numbers are (x) and the phases in progress are at (x)?" That sort of thing.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I keep on forgetting about that. Shame it was never able to continue, even after he tried making a remake the series. If I recall, he was going to include Geno at some point in the future, right?
In retrospect, using Patreon (or Indiegogo? I forget) to help fund the making of said remake may not have been the best of ideas.

Last edited:

SpeedBirds

Smash Rookie
To be honest I don't know at all. I'm not that much of social media user so I can't tell what X person is doing. But if that was the case then it would ,probably, have been better for Geno and the rest of the SMRPG universe to show up sooner in the series

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I have finally (now that my memory actually kicked into gear when I had the time, d'oy) reached out to both Rainfall and Moonfall for any sort of advice, support, strategies, or promotions that we may be able to sink our teeth into. Here's hoping that they take notice and get back to us! They would be such a valuable help!

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Excellent idea, besides they have made an apparence in Super Mario Bros.Z. You know, that big unofficial crossover in sprite animation of 2012 made by Alvin Earthworm between the Mario and the Sonic universes. This series definitely made the childhood of a lot of people in Youtube back in the days so I'm pretty sure a lot of person will recongnize them ;)
I'll admit, that's how I first found out about them.

D

Deleted member

There's even been a Super Mario RPG orchestra
That's actually amazing. I'm so glad SMRPG Still lives on in people's minds maybe we do have the silent majority on our side.

Anyways though, does anyone know what time AGDQ starts?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
That's actually amazing. I'm so glad SMRPG Still lives on in people's minds maybe we do have the silent majority on our side.

Anyways though, does anyone know what time AGDQ starts?
AGDQ had already begun this morning. However, the block we're zeroing in on is the SMRPG block, which begins at around 9:30 PM EST this Tuesday. I'll be able to be online for at least some of that, so I plan on making my donations then. If anyone is thinking of donating and supports Starfall, I recommend doing so during the SMRPG block and mentioning the initiative. It's win-win! We get our names out there, and our money goes to a good cause!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

AGDQ had already begun this morning. However, the block we're zeroing in on is the SMRPG block, which begins at around 9:30 PM EST this Tuesday. I'll be able to be online for at least some of that, so I plan on making my donations then. If anyone is thinking of donating and supports Starfall, I recommend doing so during the SMRPG block and mentioning the initiative. It's win-win! We get our names out there, and our money goes to a good cause!
Aight thanks, I was wondering cause during the SMRPG block I'm planning to donate some money mentioning the Operation like you suggested.

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
Finally joined this website, and decided to help this cause. I may have not played the game, but after hearing about it, and getting to know what it is the two characters that fans are loved, and how fans what them back, I what to see Geno and Mallow back with Mario, and friends, in the main games, or the spin-offs, along with Geno getting into Smash.

I spread this on my deviant account and made a journal about it. https://www.deviantart.com/codythebear326/journal/Operation-Starfall-780010429

with links to this page, and the petition. It might not be much, but I hope it helps.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Finally joined this website, and decided to help this cause. I may have not played the game, but after hearing about it, and getting to know what it is the two characters that fans are loved, and how fans what them back, I what to see Geno and Mallow back with Mario, and friends, in the main games, or the spin-offs, along with Geno getting into Smash.

I spread this on my deviant account and made a journal about it, with links to this page, and the petition. It might not be much, but I hope it helps.
Welcome to Smashboards and the initiative! Actually, you sharing this on your DeviantART is a great idea and is actually an angle I didn't think of before.

Mostly, old fogies who have used DeviantART in the past (although I left eons ago, only go there to look at art) would know this: SMRPG has a HUGE fanbase on DeviantART. Some more well-known artists are still there, and I wonder if we could spread things further via that site. The fanbase on there is really quite large!

Xehanort1372019

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to Smashboards and the initiative! Actually, you sharing this on your DeviantART is a great idea and is actually an angle I didn't think of before.

Mostly, old fogies who have used DeviantART in the past (although I left eons ago, only go there to look at art) would know this: SMRPG has a HUGE fanbase on DeviantART. Some more well-known artists are still there, and I wonder if we could spread things further via that site. The fanbase on there is really quite large!
Huh, I didn't know that? I might make a forum about the operation there.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Hi everyone! I've been thinking quite a bit and I'm starting to piece together more of a plan for the operation's future. This is going to be a bit of a read, but I hope you'll take the time to look at it!

1) Luigi The President Luigi The President is assisting me with the project's Twitter. We're giving it a little time until after the more-than-likely Erdrick reveal to get that set up and ready. My personal belief is that, once Geno is technically 'deconfirmed' this way for Smash's first and perhaps only wave (in the eyes of many, myself included), this will be ample time to get more people to hop on this train. There are still some people clinging to the idea of Geno for Smash, so once that is out of their focus, the bigger picture of getting Mallow, Geno, and all of SMRPG's most beloved assets back in the pipeline will come more to the forefront.

2) Fatmanonice Fatmanonice is, along with LTP, the number one user I think of when it comes to campaigning for Geno in Smash, and I think that his involvement in the overall movement for SMRPG would be a helpful asset. That being said, dear Fat Man Slim, if you'd also like to help lead the project alongside me and LTP, I would seriously appreciate it. Feel free to decline, as I know you have, well, life and all, but if you'd be willing, that'd be great. This coming weekend will be an especially busy one for me, to the point that I won't be online much at all, so having more people overseeing things while I'm away would be very helpful for me.

3) Letters. Physical letters. I'm thinking that the anniversary of SMRPG's releases in both America and Japan are imperative. It's an ambitious goal, given we still need proper outreach to the East, but I would love to mark these dates as days for letters to be sent in their respective languages to both companies. Nintendo's home addresses are easy to find, and I'm positive I've found at least Square's home office in the Americas, as well. I don't doubt they'd be able to be reached in Japan, as well.

4) Use your creative outlets more and more to share this. Share this with your friends and tell them to share it. Share it on social media. Share, share, share. I cannot stress this enough. This is crucial! Get this out there as much as you can!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Do you think Dragonith can help with this as well? He hasn't drawn anything Smash related since the Shantae as Zamus one he did, and he vouched heavily for the ballot back in the days of 4.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Do you think Dragonith can help with this? He hasn't drawn anything Smash related since the Shantae as Zamus one he did, and he vouched heavily for the ballot back in the days of 4.
I see no reason why not! If someone could reach him, that would be excellent!!

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Hi everyone! I've been thinking quite a bit and I'm starting to piece together more of a plan for the operation's future. This is going to be a bit of a read, but I hope you'll take the time to look at it!

1) Luigi The President Luigi The President is assisting me with the project's Twitter. We're giving it a little time until after the more-than-likely Erdrick reveal to get that set up and ready. My personal belief is that, once Geno is technically 'deconfirmed' this way for Smash's first and perhaps only wave (in the eyes of many, myself included), this will be ample time to get more people to hop on this train. There are still some people clinging to the idea of Geno for Smash, so once that is out of their focus, the bigger picture of getting Mallow, Geno, and all of SMRPG's most beloved assets back in the pipeline will come more to the forefront.

2) Fatmanonice Fatmanonice is, along with LTP, the number one user I think of when it comes to campaigning for Geno in Smash, and I think that his involvement in the overall movement for SMRPG would be a helpful asset. That being said, dear Fat Man Slim, if you'd also like to help lead the project alongside me and LTP, I would seriously appreciate it. Feel free to decline, as I know you have, well, life and all, but if you'd be willing, that'd be great. This coming weekend will be an especially busy one for me, to the point that I won't be online much at all, so having more people overseeing things while I'm away would be very helpful for me.

3) Letters. Physical letters. I'm thinking that the anniversary of SMRPG's releases in both America and Japan are imperative. It's an ambitious goal, given we still need proper outreach to the East, but I would love to mark these dates as days for letters to be sent in their respective languages to both companies. Nintendo's home addresses are easy to find, and I'm positive I've found at least Square's home office in the Americas, as well. I don't doubt they'd be able to be reached in Japan, as well.

4) Use your creative outlets more and more to share this. Share this with your friends and tell them to share it. Share it on social media. Share, share, share. I cannot stress this enough. This is crucial! Get this out there as much as you can!
A strong social media presence is an absolute must in this day and age. Starting hashtag campaigns and the like would be a good route to take as well, perhaps in conjunction with the letter campaign on the anniversary dates and such.

D

Deleted member

super_mario_rpg_logo.png

X

mp3dsslide.png

images.jpg

latest.png

images.png

32249iE0ED16770F273C9E.jpg

Everything that Geno and Mallow need to be in

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Not gonna lie, Geno not being in any of the Galaxy games and Mallow not being in Galaxy 2 with the additional cloud lands implemented + Cloud Mario?

Just... such missed opportunities right there.

D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, Geno not being in any of the Galaxy games and Mallow not being in Galaxy 2 with the additional cloud lands implemented + Cloud Mario?

Just... such missed opportunities right there.
Don't worry. Our campaign will reach Nintendo and Square Enix, and they will put Geno and Mallow back in the mainline Mario games, and all the side Mario games :)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
While I don't know how we would fix it, one of the biggest problems against SMRPG from my perspective is how the other Mario RPG's have took center stage over it in the mind of the fan base. As an example I have stated before, a blind let's player I watch(NicoB) is open to recommendation for his next LP, and Paper Mario has recently become one of the most common requests. The only person I saw recommending SMRPG was myself, despite NicoB's known desire to play the earliest games so that he can have natural quality of life features build over time as he plays the series. When people talk classic Mario RPG's, how often do they talk about Paper Mario over SMRPG, despite it being first?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
While I don't know how we would fix it, one of the biggest problems against SMRPG from my perspective is how the other Mario RPG's have took center stage over it in the mind of the fan base. As an example I have stated before, a blind let's player I watch(NicoB) is open to recommendation for his next LP, and Paper Mario has recently become one of the most common requests. The only person I saw recommending SMRPG was myself, despite NicoB's known desire to play the earliest games so that he can have natural quality of life features build over time as he plays the series. When people talk classic Mario RPG's, how often do they talk about Paper Mario over SMRPG, despite it being first?
My perspective is that it's because of what Paper Mario today has devolved into. The Mario & Luigi series may not be as great as it was in the past, but it's still held its integrity as a successor to SMRPG. Paper Mario has lost all of what made it the way it was. It's nothing like the Paper Mario of yesteryear or even like SMRPG, whereas M&L has kept its traditions alive. I think a M&L game with Geno and Mallow in lead roles would honestly be the best way to bring these two characters into the limelight, practically making it a SMRPG sequel in terms of reviving some of its content. If anything, M&L's solid presence is a good thing, an open gateway for these two, at the very least, to return, especially since Alpha Dream has gone on record to approve of that idea.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
My perspective is that it's because of what Paper Mario today has devolved into. The Mario & Luigi series may not be as great as it was in the past, but it's still held its integrity as a successor to SMRPG. Paper Mario has lost all of what made it the way it was. It's nothing like the Paper Mario of yesteryear or even like SMRPG, whereas M&L has kept its traditions alive. I think a M&L game with Geno and Mallow in lead roles would honestly be the best way to bring these two characters into the limelight, practically making it a SMRPG sequel in terms of reviving some of its content. If anything, M&L's solid presence is a good thing, an open gateway for these two, at the very least, to return, especially since Alpha Dream has gone on record to approve of that idea.
True, and there is nothing wrong with that presence, it's just that I feel those games are kinda what has kept the recognition of SMRPG so stunted. If someone asks what should be there first Mario RPG to play, I imagine that the other two series first outing will be more recommended. Part of this reason could be owed to the fact that all of the games had true sequels, while the two series themselves were spiritual sequels to SMRPG. Paper Mario's fall from grace could lead to a change of this perspective, and I would argue M&L is in a similar situation. Yeah, M&L is still sticking to it's roots, but it's not exactly daring to do the new things it did before in the early games and has become a bit more generic in my opinion, never mind that the fact that the last two games were remakes of the series of the most popular titles rather than full blown new titles. It feels me with unease that M&L is kinda running out of gas and needs something out of left field. Whether or not that thing is the return of some old SMRPG faces or not, who's to say?

D

Deleted member

So... how is the status here... how's the plan?
Everything is going pretty good :)

Ovaltine Ovaltine is organizing the overall campaign and plan. Dynamic Worlok Dynamic Worlok created our Operation Starfall logo, and it's pretty awesome. TooManyToastahs TooManyToastahs researched ways Operation Moonfall and Operation Rainfall spread their word and accomplished their goals.

I am working on a powerpoint presentation of Super Mario RPG, explaining the events, characters, and settings of the game in the form of a story

I spread this on my deviant account and made a journal about it. https://www.deviantart.com/codythebear326/journal/Operation-Starfall-780010429

with links to this page, and the petition. It might not be much, but I hope it helps.
Welcome to the boards. Cool initiative for the devianart journal but you might want to change N64 for SNES in '' the classic N64 game, Super Mario: RPG'' :p

I know the graphics are impressive for a SNES title, it can easily be mistaken for a N64 game judging only by the images.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this has been brought up (only been skimming around), but maybe we should set up an official sub Reddit, Twitter profile, etc. Just a page for Operation Starfall across all social media platforms.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That is EXCELLENT news!! Thank you so much for your approval, Mr. Williams! I hope we can get that revival we're all fighting for!
Well, does he know of Starfall itself as of now? We know he would support a revival, but has he been informed of us?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Well, does he know of Starfall itself as of now? We know he would support a revival, but has he been informed of us?
Aw heck, you're right, he didn't respond to the Starfall tweet itself lmao. Apologies, I totally jumped the gun out of excitement...

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Not sure if this has been brought up (only been skimming around), but maybe we should set up an official sub Reddit, Twitter profile, etc. Just a page for Operation Starfall across all social media platforms.
Yes... that should be done.
Btw, I'm friends with the guys that work at the site Revenge of the fans and I'm from time to time on their pod called Playitloudcast. The main host is a big Geno fan so I can bring this up next I'm on (which I will as soon as the next Nintendo direct is) If a twitter and all of that jazz is done, I remember to mention it

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Btw, I'm friends with the guys that work at the site Revenge of the fans and I'm from time to time on their pod called Playitloudcast. The main host is a big Geno fan so I can bring this up next I'm on (which I will as soon as the next Nintendo direct is) If a twitter and all of that jazz is done, I remember to mention it
I agree in terms of the sub Reddit. A Facebook page may also help? I know Moonfall has a prominent one.

Also, I think that would be lovely, but I don't know if Luigi The President Luigi The President will have the Twitter ready by then.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I agree in terms of the sub Reddit. A Facebook page may also help? I know Moonfall has a prominent one.

Also, I think that would be lovely, but I don't know if Luigi The President Luigi The President will have the Twitter ready by then.
The Twitter will be ready ASAP after the Direct if no Geno. Definitely within the day.
Also I just got here, what's this about a subreddit? I can help as I also do reddit.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

All types of Social media is necessary. We need the voices to be heard and without social media, that won't work. A subreddit is not enough. I can speak from experience working on my own blogs and now on a new site (focusing on comics and star wars so I can't, unfortunately, write about it there)...

The Twitter will be ready ASAP after the Direct if no Geno. Definitely within the day.
Also I just got here, what's this about a subreddit? I can help as I also do reddit.
Why not no matter if he gets in or not? I mean, we want him to return in more games then just smash, don't we?

Last edited:
Top Bottom