• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
Welp, I'm gonna start practicing my drawing skills to get a somewhat decent piece of fanart of Geno for whatever may come

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Signed, shared, and on the bus! :kirby:

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
Here's a thought. Has anyone considered commissioning for music remixes it could help garner some attention

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know I just realized, we know Chuggaaconroy and NintendoCapriSun love SMRPG, but what is ProtonJon's perspective on the game? If I recall correctly, he did play it last year for a stream.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You know I just realized, we know Chuggaaconroy and NintendoCapriSun love SMRPG, but what is ProtonJon's perspective on the game? If I recall correctly, he did play it last year for a stream.
I wouldn't be surprised if he had a love for the game, too, really.

Man. Wouldn't it be great if we could contact The Runaway Guys and get them all on board? The amount of attention that would get would be so beneficial!

As for the hardcover book idea, I think that would be amazing. Honestly, I do have a storybook-type thing I've been thinking of making that is SMRPG-related. Two words that would be a good hint as to what it is (and is inspired from): Rosalina's storybook. A book like that would be awesome and I'd love to contribute this kind of multi-page piece into it!

D

Deleted member

Oh Man I slept through the Entire day wow, so What are we doing? Art? I'll get to practicing.

Edit: Thing is though, I'm decently good with Normal art on a piece of paper but I'm terrible at Digital, I wonder if I could still contribute like that?

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I wouldn't be surprised if he had a love for the game, too, really.

Man. Wouldn't it be great if we could contact The Runaway Guys and get them all on board? The amount of attention that would get would be so beneficial!

As for the hardcover book idea, I think that would be amazing. Honestly, I do have a storybook-type thing I've been thinking of making that is SMRPG-related. Two words that would be a good hint as to what it is (and is inspired from): Rosalina's storybook. A book like that would be awesome and I'd love to contribute this kind of multi-page piece into it!
TheRunawayGuys would be a great ally. Heck, they were one of the first group lets players, even predating Game Grumps.

If there were to be a book around SMRPG that makes a new story, what would it be about? And would it be separate from a SMRPG book in the style of The EarthBound Anthology or apart of it?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Here's a thought. Has anyone considered commissioning for music remixes it could help garner some attention
I am a rookie at creating music. Been working with a music creator for about a year and a half now and I think I got a handle of it.

When I am feeling better, I would love to start working on a track or two!

D

Deleted member

I am a rookie at creating music. Been working with a music creator for about a year and a half now and I think I got a handle of it.

When I am feeling better, I would love to start working on a track or two!
Hope you feel better :)

AugustusB

Smash Champion
For those of the absolute curious.

For the best, Headphones are a must. I got a lot better since then lol.

EDIT: Just sharing what I can do.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Just for all of you, I have painstakingly recreated the text in photoshop to allow for a more readily customizable logo font, I also redid the keyhole bevel around exor, and added a bottom to the star.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just for all of you, I have painstakingly recreated the text in photoshop to allow for a more readily customizable logo font, I also redid the keyhole bevel around exor, and added a bottom to the star.
That looks SUPER AMAZING! Good work!

BoyMan

Smash Cadet
This is fantastic!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Beautiful. I think this is the start of something wonderful, ladies and germs.

D

Deleted member

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I like it ! The bigger text and over-all better choice of colors (Having both light and Dark blue made "Operation Starfall" harder to read) make it easy to the eyes. It's pleasing to look at.

I just hope that Exor is the best choice... But the text font scream so much "Mario Galaxy" that most people would notice that the project is linked to Mario.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Simple, elegant...I think we are on the right track. I do love if this was the logo though lol

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Love it. Exor really does fit best for this, as his silhouette is very distinct. The one tiny nitpick I have is that where Exor hits the letter, in the blue you can see a tiny line that likely needs to be covered up.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Love it. Exor really does fit best for this, as his silhouette is very distinct. The one tiny nitpick I have is that where Exor hits the letter, in the blue you can see a tiny line that likely needs to be covered up.
Fixed. also added the little glittery bits to the logo, for added fun.

I just hope that Exor is the best choice... But the text font scream so much "Mario Galaxy" that most people would notice that the project is linked to Mario.
Exor seems like a good choice to me simply because he's kind of emblematic of SMRPG as a whole, his silhouette is very distinct, and if you've played the game, you immediately know who he is. Plus, you get kind of a visual pun considering he crashed into the star road, initiating a... STAR FALL! *chortle*

D

Deleted member

Speaking of playing SMRPG.....

We all need to do that right now. I am going to start playing where I left off - Molevile.

Lets all play SMRPG right now!

Top Bottom