• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

D

Deleted member

Speaking of playing SMRPG.....

We all need to do that right now. I am going to start playing where I left off - Molevile.

Lets all play SMRPG right now!
Sure, Started a new save file last night so I'm at Mushroom Kingdom

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Just for all of you, I have painstakingly recreated the text in photoshop to allow for a more readily customizable logo font, I also redid the keyhole bevel around exor, and added a bottom to the star.
That is hecking BEAUTIFUL. My original logo text was just kind of hastily thrown together, admittedly. This is a far more fitting logo. If I were to resize it to fit at the beginning of the thread over my original version (keeping the original version as a signature banner for people to use), would you mind? I'll credit you, of course.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
That is hecking BEAUTIFUL. My original logo text was just kind of hastily thrown together, admittedly. This is a far more fitting logo. If I were to resize it to fit at the beginning of the thread over my original version (keeping the original version as a signature banner for people to use), would you mind? I'll credit you, of course.
here, is now smol
EDIT: lowered the opacity of the stroke to make it more easy to look at

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I do wonder, outside of Exor, Mallow and Geno, what are the most iconic things that come from SMRPG?

D

Deleted member

I just signed. I'm very much on board.
Welcome :)

I do wonder, outside of Exor, Mallow and Geno, what are the most iconic things that come from SMRPG?
Bowyer and Forest Maze. Both took part in the introduction of Geno's character, his theme, and his purpose. Geno introduces himself while confronting Bowyer, with, "I serve....a higher authority." The Beware the Forest's Mushrooms theme plays in Forest Maze, and it is very memorable, with many fanmade remixes online, making it inarguably the most iconic music track Super Mario RPG has to offer

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Bowyer and Forest Maze. Both took part in the introduction of Geno's character, his theme, and his purpose. Geno introduces himself while confronting Bowyer, with, "I serve....a higher authority." The Beware the Forest's Mushrooms theme plays in Forest Maze, and it is very memorable, with many fanmade remixes online, making it inarguably the most iconic music track Super Mario RPG has to offer
True, but like Vista Hill, that place profits off of being related to one of the games most iconic things, that being Geno. I am curious if there is any place or character that stands out in the community solely by itself and not due to relation to something more popular.

D

Deleted member

True, but like Vista Hill, that place profits off of being related to one of the games most iconic things, that being Geno. I am curious if there is any place or character that stands out in the community solely by itself and not due to relation to something more popular.
True.

How about the Axem rangers? They are an iconic part of SMRPG in the way of representing the Power Rangers in the form of video games, and being the video game version of the Power Rangers overall. Each of them have specific dialogue, attributes, and attacks that make them unique to their character while still being able to connect them all in a group as the Axem Rangers

Last edited by a moderator:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Speaking of playing SMRPG.....

We all need to do that right now. I am going to start playing where I left off - Molevile.

Lets all play SMRPG right now!
i did get a mario rpg cart for christmas... but i have such a huge backlog of games that i need to play ;v;

D

Deleted member

Alright everyone, I am working on a powerpoint presentation of Super Mario RPG. It may take a while, but I will post the link to it here when I am finished.

It will be explaining the events, the characters, and the setting of Super Mario RPG in the form of a story. It will have pictures of the characters and events, such as Exor crashing into the castle, throughout the presentation.

I hope you all look forward :)

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Anyway, if it wasn't official before, consider my support in service of Operation Starfall.

Let's make some magic and miracles happen folks!

Mariobro_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mariobro_WiiU
3DS FC
1805-2375-5612
Switch FC
7913-4114-6709
hello hello! was pretty active in the Geno thread for a time but i stopped browsing Smashboards a while after the Grinch leak got killed off - wanted to pitch in my support for Starfall! i haven't looked through this thread past page 1, but a twitter hashtag or something for this could be a good idea if that hasn't been mentioned yet!

i'm sure this has been mentioned by someone else at this point - but sending something physical to Square, Nintendo, or Sora could be fun, like an artwork with signatures from anyone who wants to sign it or something. stuff like this got nintendo's attention (at least somewhat) with Mother 3 so this could have a similar effect - maybe.

i've added the Starfall logo to my signature as well as a link to the thread. i'm gonna be checking smashboards again for both this and the Geno thread.
best of luck with everything, there's still hope left!

D

Deleted member

hello hello! was pretty active in the Geno thread for a time but i stopped browsing Smashboards a while after the Grinch leak got killed off - wanted to pitch in my support for Starfall! i haven't looked through this thread past page 1, but a twitter hashtag or something for this could be a good idea if that hasn't been mentioned yet!

i'm sure this has been mentioned by someone else at this point - but sending something physical to Square, Nintendo, or Sora could be fun, like an artwork with signatures from anyone who wants to sign it or something. stuff like this got nintendo's attention (at least somewhat) with Mother 3 so this could have a similar effect - maybe.

i've added the Starfall logo to my signature as well as a link to the thread. i'm gonna be checking smashboards again for both this and the Geno thread.
best of luck with everything, there's still hope left!
Hellooo! Welcome :)

grizby2

Smash Lord
ive been summoned? I am thou and thou art I!

I did always want to finish the game all the way myself, since the first time I played it is was inconjuction with a friend of mine. i'll have to do it this year!

D

Deleted member

ive been summoned? I am thou and thou art I!

I did always want to finish the game all the way myself, since the first time I played it is was inconjuction with a friend of mine. i'll have to do it this year!
Welcome! :)

slopdop

Smash Cadet
With AGDQ starting very soon, The Yetee has posted their sneak peek shirt designs for this event on Twitter and out of 15 designs, SMRPG has one this year and it's actually getting a decent amount of popularity next to Splatoon 2's design being the top two it looks like. https://twitter.com/theyetee/status/1081720774560501762

Shirt's up for pre-order atm, already ordered one. This will go so nicely with the Geno shirt I got a few months ago :D
A_jmv_640x640.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Awesome. I was around when Operation Rainfall happened (though I was not involved with it), and in the years since I've often mused about what it would be like if someone did something similar for Geno and the SMRPG cast. I am a lazy bones so of course I never got around to doing anything myself. I'm glad to see you guys are doing it, though. You're a good group. It's early on but I hope we can build some momentum here.

For some of the crafts-minded people out there, maybe something we could do is make Geno/Mallow crochet dolls? They're cute and an easy way to get people interested in the characters. For a more extreme project, the holy grail would of course be making an actual Geno wooden puppet...But I'm probably getting way ahead of myself here. Once Operation Starfall builds awareness, hopefully we could recruit some people with the skills to make stuff like this happen. Personally, I can't do much beyond type words...but I've always wanted to learn how to do arts & crafts, so maybe now is my time to learn.

In terms of networking, I reached out earlier after seeing this thread to my man, JonnyAtma. I've been a fan of his since way back when he first started out. IIRC the first song I ever found from him was his FF 1-3 Battle Theme Medley, which I first found shortly after it came out in '09, which I thought was absolutely revolutionary when I listened to it. I was super blown away. I have a lot of nostalgia for his work as I've been listening to his stuff for almost a decade now. Wow. I was involved in his community some years ago and played a bunch of Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4 with him when he started streaming on Twitch, so I'm hoping he would remember who I am now that I messaged him. I kind of got busy with life some time ago and haven't been active in his community for the last year or two beyond listening to his new song releases on repeat as they come out, as a result.

For those who don't know, JonnyAtma is a musician on YouTube who releases video game music covers under his GaMetal banner. His work is the stuff of legends, and he's seriously underrated. The reason why he was the first name I thought of when Zack summoned me to this thread is because he is actually a huge fan of Super Mario RPG! On Twitter, he was a big supporter of Geno for Smash Bros. More importantly, he actually did a cover of the (nearly) entire Super Mario RPG soundtrack many years ago! (Here's a link to the entire thing on his website: Seven Stars OST). His sound has evolved over the years and this is one of his older covers now, but IMO it still holds up, along with most of his other classics from the early era. It's like 37 minutes long and is a testament to the passion he has for what he does. (Side note: he also did a full cover of the Forest Maze theme some time later.) So even if Jonny doesn't remember me, hopefully he'll be willing to come check us out just based on this project's concept. He's such a chill dude and I highly recommend you all go check his stuff out! If it sounds like I'm trying to shill for him hard, it's because I totally am! The dude deserves it, for the countless hours of musical enjoyment I've gotten from him over the years! I'm super proud of how far his channel has come. As someone who's been there from pretty much the start, I've watched his subscriber count go from just a small handful to over 100,000 now and counting. If he spreads the word to his fans, that would be pretty huge.

My own personal contribution to his music was the suggestion of the song 'Fallin' Love' from Mother 1, which got used in his NES Medley #2 some years ago. I'm pretty smug and proud about that one, so please go check that one out. I'm pretty biased in favor of that Medley. It's my favorite of the NES Medleys. I'm going to subscribe to his Patreon pretty soon, so hopefully I can get some more songs covered by him.

Anyways, I'm getting pretty far off topic here (as I usually do), so I'll leave it at that. This thread inspired me to start getting involved with his community again, so thanks for that. Hopefully we hear from him!

Anyways 2: I was wondering if, in regards to reaching out to YouTubers/others, we might try to wait until we get off the ground a bit more? It occurred to me after I finished sending the message to Jonny that if he comes here, there's not much he'll find yet besides the petition and our preliminary ideas. Of course the goal in reaching out to people is to build awareness so that we CAN do more, bigger stuff, but I just don't want us to rush ahead too quickly and mess up the perception of the project, you know? I wasn't sure if the YouTuber crowd would be disappointed at the lack of anything yet. If we're going to do this, we've gotta do it right. I'm not trying to be negative or anything, just cautious. I will trust the judgement of whatever you all decide on. After all, I am just a very small piece in all this. I guess, if the people with lots of followers can draw attention to the petition, that's very helpful too.

Oh dear, it looks like I've created another wall of text post...my apologies! Sometimes I wonder how many people actually read my too-long ramblings. I'm pretty excited about all this. Hope to hear you guys' thoughts.

Yeah, I love JA's covers of the SMRPG music. Especially the Forest Maze theme. I listen to it every day and it never gets old.

Honestly, we keep getting info every day about people who love SMRPG, and it is gradually increasing the relevancy of the game and supporting our goal as a team.

AND WAIT I LOVE THAT MOTHER 1 TRACK AND I WANT NINTEN IN SMASH AND I LOVE MOTHER 1 AND I NEED TO LISTEN TO HIS REMIX OF IT

And you don't have to apologize about a wall of text post that people like to read :)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
With AGDQ starting very soon, The Yetee has posted their sneak peek shirt designs for this event on Twitter and out of 15 designs, SMRPG has one this year and it's actually getting a decent amount of popularity next to Splatoon 2's design being the top two it looks like. https://twitter.com/theyetee/status/1081720774560501762

Shirt's up for pre-order atm, already ordered one. This will go so nicely with the Geno shirt I got a few months ago :D
View attachment 185772
For comparison, what else is there?

D

Deleted member

While that is cool, I meant the other 14 shirts at ADGQ.
Oh, okay then.

I've completed the part of my powerpoint presentation from the beginning of the game to Mario confronting Exor, when Exor says, "Halt! Who goes there?" I will complete more of it tomorrow after I wake up. Good night everyone :)

MyBrokenLuigiAmiibo

Smash Cadet

Yeah, I love JA's covers of the SMRPG music. Especially the Forest Maze theme. I listen to it every day and it never gets old.

Honestly, we keep getting info every day about people who love SMRPG, and it is gradually increasing the relevancy of the game and supporting our goal as a team.

AND WAIT I LOVE THAT MOTHER 1 TRACK AND I WANT NINTEN IN SMASH AND I LOVE MOTHER 1 AND I NEED TO LISTEN TO HIS REMIX OF IT
Here's a direct link. It was all the way back in 2014. He still wore the fedora back then haha. He ran a contest on Twitter where you could enter a song suggestion to random drawing. My song choice got chosen :D The Fallin' Love portion is a small piece towards the end. Later he covered the song again for his Atmacoustics channel. I believe this later cover was done for one of his Patreon followers. But I hold the honor of being the first to bring the song to the channel. Like I said, I'm pretty smug about it lol :D. Now that I'm going through it, he actually has quite a few Super Mario RPG covers on his acoustics channel. He's definitely a fan.

And you don't have to apologize about a wall of text post that people like to read :)
Thanks man. I appreciate that

Freduardo

Smash Champion
So Croco, Nabbit, and Popple are all hanging out.

Who’s bag is the most full at the end?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Awesome. I was around when Operation Rainfall happened (though I was not involved with it), and in the years since I've often mused about what it would be like if someone did something similar for Geno and the SMRPG cast. I am a lazy bones so of course I never got around to doing anything myself. I'm glad to see you guys are doing it, though. You're a good group. It's early on but I hope we can build some momentum here.

For some of the crafts-minded people out there, maybe something we could do is make Geno/Mallow crochet dolls? They're cute and an easy way to get people interested in the characters. For a more extreme project, the holy grail would of course be making an actual Geno wooden puppet...But I'm probably getting way ahead of myself here. Once Operation Starfall builds awareness, hopefully we could recruit some people with the skills to make stuff like this happen. Personally, I can't do much beyond type words...but I've always wanted to learn how to do arts & crafts, so maybe now is my time to learn.

In terms of networking, I reached out earlier after seeing this thread to my man, JonnyAtma. I've been a fan of his since way back when he first started out. IIRC the first song I ever found from him was his FF 1-3 Battle Theme Medley, which I first found shortly after it came out in '09, which I thought was absolutely revolutionary when I listened to it. I was super blown away. I have a lot of nostalgia for his work as I've been listening to his stuff for almost a decade now. Wow. I was involved in his community some years ago and played a bunch of Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4 with him when he started streaming on Twitch, so I'm hoping he would remember who I am now that I messaged him. I kind of got busy with life some time ago and haven't been active in his community for the last year or two beyond listening to his new song releases on repeat as they come out, as a result.

For those who don't know, JonnyAtma is a musician on YouTube who releases video game music covers under his GaMetal banner. His work is the stuff of legends, and he's seriously underrated. The reason why he was the first name I thought of when Zack summoned me to this thread is because he is actually a huge fan of Super Mario RPG! On Twitter, he was a big supporter of Geno for Smash Bros. More importantly, he actually did a cover of the (nearly) entire Super Mario RPG soundtrack many years ago! (Here's a link to the entire thing on his website: Seven Stars OST). His sound has evolved over the years and this is one of his older covers now, but IMO it still holds up, along with most of his other classics from the early era. It's like 37 minutes long and is a testament to the passion he has for what he does. (Side note: he also did a full cover of the Forest Maze theme some time later.) So even if Jonny doesn't remember me, hopefully he'll be willing to come check us out just based on this project's concept. He's such a chill dude and I highly recommend you all go check his stuff out! If it sounds like I'm trying to shill for him hard, it's because I totally am! The dude deserves it, for the countless hours of musical enjoyment I've gotten from him over the years! I'm super proud of how far his channel has come. As someone who's been there from pretty much the start, I've watched his subscriber count go from just a small handful to over 100,000 now and counting. If he spreads the word to his fans, that would be pretty huge.

My own personal contribution to his music was the suggestion of the song 'Fallin' Love' from Mother 1, which got used in his NES Medley #2 some years ago. I'm pretty smug and proud about that one, so please go check that one out. I'm pretty biased in favor of that Medley. It's my favorite of the NES Medleys. I'm going to subscribe to his Patreon pretty soon, so hopefully I can get some more songs covered by him.

Anyways, I'm getting pretty far off topic here (as I usually do), so I'll leave it at that. This thread inspired me to start getting involved with his community again, so thanks for that. Hopefully we hear from him!

Anyways 2: I was wondering if, in regards to reaching out to YouTubers/others, we might try to wait until we get off the ground a bit more? It occurred to me after I finished sending the message to Jonny that if he comes here, there's not much he'll find yet besides the petition and our preliminary ideas. Of course the goal in reaching out to people is to build awareness so that we CAN do more, bigger stuff, but I just don't want us to rush ahead too quickly and mess up the perception of the project, you know? I wasn't sure if the YouTuber crowd would be disappointed at the lack of anything yet. If we're going to do this, we've gotta do it right. I'm not trying to be negative or anything, just cautious. I will trust the judgement of whatever you all decide on. After all, I am just a very small piece in all this. I guess, if the people with lots of followers can draw attention to the petition, that's very helpful too.

Oh dear, it looks like I've created another wall of text post...my apologies! Sometimes I wonder how many people actually read my too-long ramblings. I'm pretty excited about all this. Now, if only someone could do something like this for Banjo-Kazooie...One thing at a time, I suppose. Hope to hear you guys' thoughts.
I agree on the front of waiting until we get off the ground a bit more before getting some of the bigger names. Building with smaller, yet still substantial names to get things started, formulating more solid projects, and getting better momentum is crucial before getting super big names on this. You had a very good idea starting with Jonny (who, for the record, I'm a HUGE fan of, holy moly!), because he can definitely make a splash, yet not so big of one that it's rushing into things too fast? Sounds great to me.

Anyhow, I just woke up so I haven't much to say until I get my morning tea in me, haha. Good morning, lovely stars! Glad to see that hope is still so very alive! The petition has over 200 signatures now, which is a great start. However, we need to make far more waves, so let's not relent for even a moment. Let's play our cards with care and get even more people on board!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So Croco, Nabbit, and Popple are all hanging out.

Who’s bag is the most full at the end?
I think it would be Croco. Popple is very reliant on others assistance for his loot, which he never usually gets in the end. Both Croco and Nabbit employ very similar running away strategies and both pulled the feat of somehow getting to a seemingly unreachable Bower Castle, but Croco can put up more of a fight on his own. Yes, Nabbit is invulnerable when you play as him, but when you catch him in NSMBU and most of Paper Jam, he is caught with little fight. And when you do eventually fight him in M&L Paper Jam, he mainly chucks other enemies at you to do the work for him. While he does try to sabotage you while you fight said enemies, a good portion of the time he is sleeping in the background. While Croco does have lackeys(Showcased by his secound encounter), he does not need them to put up a good fight.
I agree on the front of waiting until we get off the ground a bit more before getting some of the bigger names. Building with smaller, yet still substantial names to get things started, formulating more solid projects, and getting better momentum is crucial before getting super big names on this. You had a very good idea starting with Jonny (who, for the record, I'm a HUGE fan of, holy moly!), because he can definitely make a splash, yet not so big of one that it's rushing into things too fast? Sounds great to me.

Anyhow, I just woke up so I haven't much to say until I get my morning tea in me, haha. Good morning, lovely stars! Glad to see that hope is still so very alive! The petition has over 200 signatures now, which is a great start. However, we need to make far more waves, so let's not relent for even a moment. Let's play our cards with care and get even more people on board!
When do you think the supporter number will be big enough to pull off more impressive supporting feats?

SpeedBirds

Smash Rookie
True.

How about the Axem rangers? They are an iconic part of SMRPG in the way of representing the Power Rangers in the form of video games, and being the video game version of the Power Rangers overall. Each of them have specific dialogue, attributes, and attacks that make them unique to their character while still being able to connect them all in a group as the Axem Rangers
Excellent idea, besides they have made an apparence in Super Mario Bros.Z. You know, that big unofficial crossover in sprite animation of 2012 made by Alvin Earthworm between the Mario and the Sonic universes. This series definitely made the childhood of a lot of people in Youtube back in the days so I'm pretty sure a lot of person will recongnize them ;)

Top Bottom