• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
All types of Social media is necessary. We need the voices to be heard and without social media, that won't work. A subreddit is not enough. I can speak from experience working on my own blogs and now on a new site (focusing on comics and star wars so I can't, unfortunately, write about it there)...

Why not no matter if he gets in or not? I mean, we want him to return in more games then just smash, don't we?
Of course, we should also do physical projects as well. With how digital everything is nowadays, support of the physical variety can be all the more meaningful and is harder to miss or ignore.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
All types of Social media is necessary. We need the voices to be heard and without social media, that won't work. A subreddit is not enough. I can speak from experience working on my own blogs and now on a new site (focusing on comics and star wars so I can't, unfortunately, write about it there)...

Why not no matter if he gets in or not? I mean, we want him to return in more games then just smash, don't we?
Because if we get Geno I think we'll be very unfocused for quite a while due to sheer joy
I know I will

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Because if we get Geno I think we'll be very unfocused for quite a while due to sheer joy
I know I will
Girl wtf if he gets announced at any point for Ultimate I will probably be a garbage gleeful mess of a woman for hours

Ain't no way I would function for a bit if that happened

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Of course, we should also do physical projects as well. With how digital everything is nowadays, support of the physical variety can be all the more meaningful and is harder to miss or ignore.
I don't know if that would work. I mean, to go into some movie examples yet again James Gunn fans bought a billboard that said "rehire James Gunn for Guardians 3", Zack Snyder fans bought a plane banner or whatever it was called with the Releasethesnydercut hashtag and even had a bit of a demonstration at WB headquarters. and non of those didn't work at all.

D

Deleted member

I don't know if that would work. I mean, to go into some movie examples yet again James Gunn fans bought a billboard that said "rehire James Gunn for Guardians 3", Zack Snyder fans bought a plane banner or whatever it was called with the Releasethesnydercut hashtag and even had a bit of a demonstration at WB headquarters. and non of those didn't work at all.
TooManyToastahs TooManyToastahs did some research about how Operation Rainfall and Operation Moonfall spread their campaign, and Operation Rainfall's campaign was both digital and physical. Only digital, like EarlTamm EarlTamm said, is easy to delete and/or ignore

Last edited by a moderator:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I know I will
Lol... anyway. whenever you kick that one off, follow me on twitter -> https://twitter.com/Emblemmaniac so I can easily link to the twitter page then.

TooManyToastahs TooManyToastahs did some research about how Operation Rainfall and Operation Moonfall spread their campaign, and Operation Rainfall's campaign was both digital and physical. Only digital, like EarlTamm EarlTamm said, is easy to delete and/or ignore
Operation Moonfall/Rainfall?

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I feel like that is a bit different. For one, that was based around a controversy while this is just us trying to bring an old thing back. If Nintendo or Square brought SMRPG back, they don't run the risk of making themselves look like total ***es for getting rid of the thing in the first place.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I feel like that is a bit different. For one, that was based around a controversy while this is just us trying to bring an old thing back. If Nintendo or Square brought SMRPG back, they don't run the risk of making themselves look like total ***es for getting rid of the thing in the first place.
Good point. But what would the physical then be? Demonstration? Selling cookies? I mean, it's not so easy doing something physical when everyone doesn't live in the same country (I live in Sweden for example which I doubt majority of the group does)

D

Deleted member

And in fact, they will make themselves look good by working together and pleasing the fans

Lol... anyway. whenever you kick that one off, follow me on twitter -> https://twitter.com/Emblemmaniac so I can easily link to the twitter page then.

Operation Moonfall/Rainfall?
They were previous campaigns that TooManyToastahs TooManyToastahs did research on about how they spread their campaigns

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Good point. But what would the physical then be? Demonstration? Selling cookies? I mean, it's not so easy doing something physical when everyone doesn't live in the same country (I live in Sweden for example which I doubt majority of the group does)
Letters are really no problem, and those who live in European communities could surely send physical mail to NoE, or heck, even send it overseas to NoA on top of that. Nintendo has offices everywhere. The problem there is Square, which should be our biggest focus. NoA is particularly on board, and I could see NoJ going for it with enough of a push. Square's the tough one, and I don't know about the status of their European office, if one even exists.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
In terms of a subreddit, I think I can look into creating one. I don't know if I'll have the time to moderate it and all but I can definitely try and get it set up. Though anyone else is free to get it started up as well.

MyBrokenLuigiAmiibo

Smash Cadet
I see talk about a subreddit, I could potentially help out with that if needed. I spend most of my time online on Reddit rather than anywhere else, to be honest...I'm going to be pretty busy soon, though, so I don't know how involved I'll be able to be

D

Deleted member

I wonder which I should defeat first - bob-omb or cluster

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I have some time currently. I think I can make a subreddit real quick, shouldn't take too long. Is that alright? Or would you guys rather wait some?

D

Deleted member

I got knocked out and Croco stole my money.

It's important to note that I almost spelled Croco as Crono

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I have some time currently. I think I can make a subreddit real quick, shouldn't take too long. Is that alright? Or would you guys rather wait some?
IMO wait until Erdrick is officially confirmed.

That's my advice for all of you. As the one who'll be managing the Twitter account, I will be waiting until Geno's OFFICIAL Smash deconfirmation to jumpstart anything; y'all should do the same, as we also need to figure out who will manage what (which I can discuss with Oval).

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
No clue. I guess I would wait on someone like Ovaltine Ovaltine to give the go ahead. I would think we should do something about it before the 8th, as that is when the AGDQ stream is happening for the game and it would nice to have something by then.

That's my advice for all of you. As the one who'll be managing the Twitter account, I will be waiting until Geno's OFFICIAL Smash deconfirmation to jumpstart anything; y'all should do the same, as we also need to figure out who will manage what (which I can discuss with Oval).
That makes sense as well.

You know, isn't SMRPG kinda indirectly the biggest crossover Nintendo made pre Smash Bros? I mean, Link and Samus make in the flesh cameo's, F-Zero and Star Fox appear as figures in that volcano shop, and Culex is just one big Final Fantasy reference.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman

Yeah this makes sense. Guess we'll give it some time first before we really go at it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

T-Minus 4 days until the Direct, soon to be 3...

You know, isn't SMRPG kinda indirectly the biggest crossover Nintendo made pre Smash Bros? I mean, Link and Samus make in the flesh cameo's, F-Zero and Star Fox appear as figures in that volcano shop, and Culex is just one big Final Fantasy reference.
You make a point there. DKC2 does come pretty close though (Mario, Yoshi and Link show up in person, while Sonic's hi-tops and Earthworm Jim's gun are nearby).

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Probably. Before that would be that one Tetris game on the NES that features Mario characters, Link, Samus, and Pit. There's also Kirby's Dream Land 3 which features numerous Nintendo characters, including Samus, R.O.B. and Professor Hector, and other characters that were obscure to the US at the time.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You make a point there. DKC2 does come pretty close though (Mario, Yoshi and Link show up in person, while Sonic's hi-tops and Earthworm Jim's gun are nearby).
Yeah, but counting Mario and Yoshi almost feels like cheating. Sure, they have their own series, but they are all very linked in canon.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but counting Mario and Yoshi almost feels like cheating. Sure, they have their own series, but they are all very linked in canon.
True. They are all very Linked.

I beat Croco btw

D

Deleted member

We making a Subreddit? if anyone needs help Moderating it I could help As I've used Reddit basically everyday for like two years so I'm quite accustomed to it.

D

Deleted member

A quote from Geno, just before obtaining the third star: "Well, we won the battle. Now I hope we don't lose the war."

Ovaltine: "We may have lost the battle. We haven't lost the war."

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
A bit off topic, but where did the sudden Geno hate come from? It spread like wild fire. Lots of people are suddenly rooting against Geno.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
A bit off topic, but where did the sudden Geno hate come from? It spread like wild fire. Lots of people are suddenly rooting against Geno.
Some falseflaggers... Oh and people just actually like to don't like a character.
I don't see it as a problem, people is free to want (or not) a character. However, I do think it's a problem when you HATE the character.

Age I guess (? And some people just like to hate on the Internet so, that's about it, it has no science at all, it just for the sake of hating.

D

Deleted member

It might have something to do with Geno's chances being so high for the base roster for Ultimate and many people believing that, so the Geno haters might've wanted to stay silent because not a lot of people would agree with them. After Geno wasn't in the Ultimate base roster, people thought his chances dropped, and I guess the Geno haters were more vocal because more people agreed with them...? Idk honestly.

I still have faith he will make it into wave 1 DLC though :D

I actually don't think this question has been asked in the Geno thread, but what is everyone's favorite moment in Super Mario RPG?

Mine is "Yo, Smithy!"

I beat Croco btw
Croco.gif

Croco.png

--------------------------------------------------------
Croco4.gif

Croco2.png
:p
Speaking of Croco, did you knew about this? (probably)

I actually don't think this question has been asked in the Geno thread, but what is everyone's favorite moment in Super Mario RPG?
Definitely when Bowser joins the party at Booster Tower, first time i've played the game when i was young i remember being so excited!

I mean Mario teaming up with Bowser was a big deal for me at the time... *nostalgia intensifies*

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When Mario tried to punch a kid in the face
No.

View attachment 185883
View attachment 185891

--------------------------------------------------------View attachment 185887
View attachment 185892
:p

Speaking of Croco, did you knew about this? (probably)

Definitely when Bowser joins the party at Booster Tower, first time i've played the game when i was young i remember being so excited!

I mean Mario teaming up with Bowser was a big deal for me at the time... *nostalgia intensifies*
Watch a remake of SMRPG have Croco as the big bad, taking over Smithy's place.

In all seriousness, I think he should actually be a party member in a remake of SMRPG.

That part of SMRPG definitely made Bowser more popular. I wish he kept that personality in more Mario games. That's probably one of the reasons people love Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story. I haven't played it yet, but I really need to

Last edited by a moderator:

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Mine would definitely have to be when you go to Star Hill and you're able to see everyone's wishes. That area really resonated with me, and I feel like that area;s emphasis on wishes applies now more than ever: We're all just wishing for Super Mario RPG's return in some capacity.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
A mad case of propaganda, I'm guessing. As in, people hating on the fans more than the character himself, which is a stupid reason to hate a character to begin with, but that hasn't stopped anybody before. These people probably saw one or two Geno fans acting out of line, and then proceeded to extrapolate that type of behavior to the entire fanbase. It's incredibly stupid, but it's what happened to the Ashley fans when one (1) person lashed out on Twitter about Castlevania content getting in the game when Ashley was still an AT. It sucks, but the misbehavior of one person on the behalf of a fanbase can reflect badly on the entire group, which is why we all need to do our part in acting 100% mature and civil going forward. Otherwise, we just give the haters more ammo to use against us.
That, and popular requests always get the most hate for some reason. K. Rool and Ridley were common "never-ever" scapegoats before they got confirmed, so when BTFO-culture hotspots like 4chan and GameFAQs needed a new one, they went for the next most popular and targetable candidate, that being Geno.

Mine is "Yo, Smithy!"
It's a tough call for sure, but probably the Booster Saga. Booster is such an entertaining character, and I have such fond memories of climbing up Booster Tower as a child and hiding behind the curtains to evade the equally entertaining Snifits.
And yeah, "Yo Smithy!" is pretty great, too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mine would definitely have to be when you go to Star Hill and you're able to see everyone's wishes. That area really resonated with me, and I feel like that area;s emphasis on wishes applies now more than ever: We're all just wishing for Super Mario RPG's return in some capacity.
That's a really nice part of the game. I am wishing for:
- Geno and Ninten as DLC in Smash Ultimate
- A remake of Super Mario RPG and a remake of each of the Mother games
- A crossover of Geno, Paper Mario, and Fawful, each representing all the different Mario RPGs. I think these characters should all eventually be in a Smash game
- Before all the other points on my list, for our campaign to be successful and reach the hearts of Nintendo and Square Enix

A mad case of propaganda, I'm guessing. As in, people hating on the fans more than the character himself, which is a stupid reason to hate a character to begin with, but that hasn't stopped anybody before. These people probably only saw one or two Geno fans acting out of line, and then proceeded to extrapolate that type of behavior to the entire fanbase. It's incredibly stupid, but it's what happened to the Ashley fans when one (1) person lashed out on Twitter about Castlevania content getting in the game when Ashley was still an AT. It sucks, but the misbehavior of one person on the behalf of a fanbase can reflect badly on the entire fanbase, which is why we all need to do our part in acting 100% mature and civil going forward. Otherwise, we just give the haters more ammo to use against us.
That, and popular requests always get the most hate for some reason. K. Rool and Ridley were common "never-ever" scapegoats before they got confirmed, so when BTFO-culture hotspots like 4chan and GameFAQs needed a new one, they went for the next most popular and targetable candidate, that being Geno.

It's a tough call for sure, but probably the entire stretch from Booster Tower to Marrymore. Booster is such an entertaining character, and I have such fond memories of climbing up Booster Tower as a child and hiding behind the curtains to evade the equally entertaining Snifits.
And yeah, "Yo Smithy!" is pretty great, too.
Now that I think about it, a Booster and Wario crossover would be so funny lol

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Another offtopic, I always had the question, did Yoshi was supposed to be a character at some point? I'm asking because of the box on the Japanese Version.
asd.jpg

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was stuck without power due to a horrible wind storm but I added the links now

Top Bottom