• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I just had a thought! EarlTamm EarlTamm @Zack E. What about Exor with a slight decrative star in front of him?
Think of OoT with the sword and shield, except Exor is upright?

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
This is the image I had in mind.
220px-The_Legend_of_Zelda_Ocarina_of_Time_box_art.png
So imagine this, but with Exor in the background and the Star in the foreground.

Wish I could draw it! If someone gets what I am putting down, please assist lol.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
This is the image I had in mind.
So imagine this, but with Exor in the background and the Star in the foreground.
Hmmm... Is this star supposed to represent Star Road or one of the seven stars? After all, it was Exor who broke through Star Road in the first place, so perhaps it could be represent that. It would be a fitting symbol, as Exor breaking through Star Road was the moment our regularly scheduled Mario plot became SMRPG.
Edit:
I'm already exor
What about Bowyer?

Last edited:

BoyMan

Smash Cadet
How about something using the star shaped flowers from Star Hill? Maybe two of those next to each other, one activated and one not? Star Hill has always been one of the more memorable locations for me and the whole wish granting theme seems like a good thing for us to latch on to.

bomamba

Smash Cadet
Okay this thread is epic. Sign me up for some Geno and Mallow support.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
How about something using the star shaped flowers from Star Hill? Maybe two of those next to each other, one activated and one not? Star Hill has always been one of the more memorable locations for me and the whole wish granting theme seems like a good thing for us to latch on to.

That sounds like a good option. Helps that it would be on the simpler side and have some meaning behind it.

DIY

Smash Apprentice
Just saw this thread right now after being inactive on for a while now (for various reasons). Well done making a thread like this, Ovaltine. Count me in for the support! :)

D

Deleted member

Just saw this thread right now after being inactive on for a while now (for various reasons). Well done making a thread like this, Ovaltine. Count me in for the support! :)
Welcome DIY! :)

D

Deleted member

Haha, thanks so much, Zack! Can't wait to see what our community will be able to accomplish!
Same!

This thread is so much more relaxed than the Geno thread currently. No speculation. No other SE talk. Just discussing the return of Geno, Mallow, and the revival of SMRPG as a whole :)

Great ideas for the logo! I'll throw one in there, what about a tiny star falling on Geno's inanimate puppet?

Something referencing this iconic moment...
...and a reference to 'Starfall' at the same time... also using the 'Geno is coming back to life' image to symbolize SMRPG's revival.

But maybe it's too 'Geno focused' tho, Exor is more emblematic to SMRPG as a whole imo. Just an idea, i thought i'd share it anyway.

Also, I tend to agree with AugustusB AugustusB 's perspective, a simple logo stands out the most.

Here's the logo of Operation Moonfall (in case you didn't see it), it's quite simple:

Btw, i was just reading about Operation Moonfall and Operation Rainfall, very inspiring stuff ! Do you guys think we should contact people who were part of those movements? Maybe they would have some tips to share...

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Btw, i was just reading about Operation Moonfall and Operation Rainfall, very inspiring stuff ! Do you guys think we should contact people who were part of those movements? Maybe they would have some tips to share...
Definitely, but do we even know how to contact such people?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Cool to see that they are still active even beyond there goals being reached.

I think when it comes to our icon, there is pros and cons for all. Exor is representative of SMRPG as a whole, but how complex would it be? Geno is one of the most famous and recognizable characters to come out of SMRPG, but would he really represent SMRPG as a whole? Mallow carries similar value to Geno as a party member, but he is not nearly as iconic,(He is kinda the perfect "cute" mascot though). Many of the other recommendations could work, but perhaps they would not be as recognizable to a casual onlooker compared to Exor, Geno and Mallow? It's a process, but I imagine the result will be great.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Hmmm... Is this star supposed to represent Star Road or one of the seven stars? After all, it was Exor who broke through Star Road in the first place, so perhaps it could be represent that. It would be a fitting symbol, as Exor breaking through Star Road was the moment our regularly scheduled Mario plot became SMRPG.
I really like this idea. It's thematically appropriate, it's easily recognizable (Exor crashing into Bowser's Keep is arguably the most iconic image from SMRPG), and it's emblematic of the game as a whole and not just Geno and/or Mallow.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I really like this idea. It's thematically appropriate, it's easily recognizable (Exor crashing into Bowser's Keep is arguably the most iconic image from SMRPG), and it's emblematic of the game as a whole and not just Geno and/or Mallow.
Let's just make sure we design the icon in a way that represents the term "Starfall" and not "Swordfall."

Edit: And although that is a cool name, it's not that indicative of SMRPG besides Exor himself.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
This thread and petition has absolutely exploded overnight, and everyone coming together as one to boost this is absolutely on-point. Just, MMM. Y'all doing some fine work already, and I hope I can help further the agenda as far as possible with everyone. I'm ready for this.

I'm going to address some points one at a time:

Precisely. We already have a general idea, but we need to hammer out those fine details. I'm already seeing multiple people offering a variety of creative methods, and two in particular have already caught my eye. With @Necro Toad and Xigger Xigger being game programmers and coders, we could create something of a fangame or an otherwise engaging fan program that could reach out to the public and increase visibility. It is also a massive show of passion if I've ever seen one.

With that being said, though, I do have my reservations about a fangame. On one hand, it is a quick way to garner Nintendo's ire and lawyers with a cease & desist stamp in their hands, but on the other, it would definitely garner their attention. I'd really like to avoid anything that could too negatively impact the campaign, though. There is a delicate line between a fruitful endeavor with sacrifice and a loss of integrity for the campaign. Risk and reward has to be balanced very carefully. That would absolutely be a huge asset to the cause, but we will have to start with smaller, yet still very influential figures to slowly build up and get to that level of attention. However, if we keep these avenues in mind, they would absolutely be a benefit to the cause. We just can't immediately jump on them just yet. Our voices have to congregate in larger numbers and be loud enough so that bigger corporations will hear us. Considering Netflix especially, that is by no means an easy feat and is incredibly lofty. It's something to keep in mind, but we have to be realistic with our ambitions, as well.

Agreed. As mentioned, we have @papagenos already agreeing to aid, and we know of a multitude of prominent Youtubers and popular people with a huge support for Geno. Alpharad, xD1x, and Sky Williams are just three of those names. I would even daresay that Chuggaaconroy, a huge SMRPG fan with a very popular SMRPG LP, would also be someone to consider reaching out to. Loopy Lupe, the one who made that hugely popular SMRPG color key recently, may also be someone to look at.
Necro Toad and Xigger, both of whom I already mentioned in this post: If you two want to come up with something coding-related, whether it's a fangame or no, I think sanctioning you two as project managers for game-related projects relating to the cause would be an excellent idea, should you choose to do so. Concepts for a fangame are things to be considered, and I think we can bounce off a lot of ideas in regards to that. I think a fangame or something of the sort particularly featuring Geno and Mallow as the lead protagonists would be excellent. However, the whole cease and desist nature of Nintendo is still a point of contention, and I can't say I'm 100% in on this idea just yet.
There are quite a lot of huge YouTubers that are Geno fans out there. I'll list them all, including the ones you mentioned:

xD1x
Alpharad
PapaGenos
TerminalMontage
Jon from GameXplain
Sky Williams
Chuggaaconroy (Loves SMRPG.)
McJuggerNuggets (Some of you might know this guy from YouTube, but he is actually a HUGE fan of Super Mario RPG and stated that it's his favorite game of all time; this is the guy that makes those Psycho Dad skits. SMRPG also got him into gaming, so I'm absolutely sure he is a huge fan of Geno and Mallow. I think he'd love to see this game make a revive, so I'd send him a message, too.)
Aaronitmar
LavaLatte
Choctopus (He wants Geno AND Mallow in Smash!)
Vinesauce
NintendoCaprisun (He loves the fan-made Forest Maze song and sung it during his SMRPG let's play.)
Blocked Content
Billybo10k (Forgot about him, he supported Geno during the speculation of Ultimate's base roster.)

Also, I'd be careful when making fan-made games involving Mario and Luigi. Some fan-made games that involve Mario, even though it's all non-profit, get stopped and shutdown by Nintendo... I don't know how Square and Nintendo would feel about this, but if we do end up making a fan-made SMRPG game, try not to get sued by either one of them.

Last edited:

coolcat12347

Smash Journeyman
Sort of off topic but, my favorite way someone has ever described geno is "the mario verse equivalent of an angel possessing an action figure"

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So to represent Starfall why not A Star with a keyhole in the center (Star Hill) with a tiny star overhead? Perhaps a silhouette of Geno and Mallow in the mix?

OH! Maybe Mallow as a silhouette looking up at the tiny star!?

Last edited:

Xigger

Smash Lord
My vote for a logo would have to include Exor, it's easily the most marketable thing about SMRPG. I really like the ideas with it shattering Star Road.

Also, I'd be careful when making fan-made games involving Mario and Luigi. Some fan-made games that involve Mario, even though it's all non-profit, get stopped and shutdown by Nintendo... I don't know how Square and Nintendo would feel about this, but if we do end up making a fan-made SMRPG game, try not to get sued by either one of them.
Oh yeah, and this. This would be my biggest concern if I ended up working on a SMRPG fangame. Unity plz

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think we should either do the Exor idea or an icon that includes both Mallow and Geno. After all, goal 2 of the plan is to get those 2 specifically back in the limelight. Then again, goal 1 is to get SMRPG a remake or sequel, meaning SMRPG as a whole, so who know. It really depends on what you perceive is the best representation of both SMRPG and our goals.

D

Deleted member

Okay, I have an idea for an icon.

Exor wears Geno's hat and Mallow's pants. This would represent Geno, Exor, and Mallow, all in one icon

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Okay, I have an idea for an icon.

Exor wears Geno's hat and Mallow's pants. This would represent Geno, Exor, and Mallow, all in one icon
No, your doing it wrong.
We will have Geno wearing Mallow's pants and wielding a mini Exor. That way we fix Geno's whole nudity issue as well as make him a sword fighter, every Smash players favorite type of character.

D

Deleted member

No, your doing it wrong.
We will have Geno wearing Mallow's pants and wielding a mini Exor. That way we fix Geno's whole nudity issue as well as make him a sword fighter, every Smash players favorite type of character.
Geno's nudity issue doesn't need to be fixed.

AND PLS NO MORE SWORDFIGHTERS

Last edited by a moderator:

BoyMan

Smash Cadet

Could use this little portion of the opening cutscene where Exor descends from space with fractions of Star Road orbiting him as a logo if it's not too complicated. Shows off Exor and makes sense with our project name.

This image from the game would also make for a pretty nice logo.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
If you're going for an icon it should be simple and straight to the point, you could easily go with the star hill idea, but simply have geno as the silhouette that makes the keyhole.

D

Deleted member

There are quite a lot of huge YouTubers that are Geno fans out there. I'll list them all, including the ones you mentioned:

xD1x
Alpharad
PapaGenos
TerminalMontage
Jon from GameXplain
Sky Williams
Chuggaaconroy (Loves SMRPG.)
McJuggerNuggets (Some of you might know this guy from YouTube, but he is actually a HUGE fan of Super Mario RPG and stated that it's his favorite game of all time; this is the guy that makes those Psycho Dad skits. SMRPG also got him into gaming, so I'm absolutely sure he is a huge fan of Geno and Mallow. I think he'd love to see this game make a revive, so I'd send him a message, too.)
Aaronitmar
LavaLatte
Choctopus (He wants Geno AND Mallow in Smash!)
Vinesauce
NintendoCaprisun (He loves the fan-made Forest Maze song and sung it during his SMRPG let's play.)
Blocked Content
Billybo10k (Forgot about him, he supported Geno during the speculation of Ultimate's base roster.)

Don't forget Andre from Gamexplain too!

Also, McJuggerNuggets's favorite game is SMRPG!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Geno's nudity issue doesn't need to be fixed.

AND PLS NO MORE SWORDFIGHTERS
Exor would actually be such a cool swordfighter. Best wtf character ever, even more funnier than Piranha Plant. They'll have to shrink him down from being over hundreds of feet tall to being 5 feet tall. I can expect the people who don't know him say, "Who let this bootleg Honedge in the game?" or "When we said no more anime swordfighters, we meant NO MORE SWORDFIGHTERS IN GENERAL, INCLUDING ACTUAL SWORDS, SAKURAI!"

I just realized that Exor would be such a cool assist trophy. What he should do is when someone summons him, the sky should turn all red and he crashes into the stage, explodes, and sends everyone flying.

D

Deleted member

Exor would actually be such a cool swordfighter. Best wtf character ever, even more funnier than Piranha Plant. They'll have to shrink him down from being over hundreds of feet tall to being 5 feet tall. I can expect the people who don't know him say, "Who let this bootleg Honedge in the game?" or "When we said no more anime swordfighters, we meant NO MORE SWORDFIGHTERS IN GENERAL, INCLUDING ACTUAL SWORDS, SAKURAI!"

I just realized that Exor would be such a cool assist trophy. What he should do is when someone summons him, the sky should turn all red and he crashes into the stage, explodes, and sends everyone flying.
Now EXOR would be a very unique character. He doesn't fight with one, he IS one! He would make an awesome assist.

I was saying to not make Geno into a swordfighter :D

Top Bottom