• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online People Getting Mad

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Notice that whenever you cleverly KO a foe in a Free for All on Wi-fi they quickly come after you when they respawn and use an endless barrage of uncharged Smash Attacks, only to find themselves doing even worse due to their anger and lack of focus. Then you KO them again.

It is hilarious. Ever happen to you?

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Notice that whenever you cleverly KO a foe in a Free for All on Wi-fi they quickly come after you when they respawn and use an endless barrage of uncharged Smash Attacks, only to find themselves doing even worse due to their anger and lack of focus. Then you KO them again.

It is hilarious. Ever happen to you?
Such a lovely feeling to piss someone off and cut their skill in half out of anger.lol

Karptroopa

Smash Apprentice
I've been like that once.

I was losing badly with my then main, Kirby, against an Ike.
He always predicted my moves.
Mind you, this was a month after I got brawl, and I was still pretty weak.

I then switched to Toon Link, my then secondary, for the next match
Beat him and his ragnell up.

Now Toon Link is my main, and Kirby remains my backup plan secondary. :D

I have encountered people like that in Wifi Anyone matchs, quite often at night.

I lurve beating on them when they rage. :3

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Thats when you use wario's Fsmash back and abuse the super armor frames, either that or Chaingrab them with his Dthrow, due to them not wanting to tech out of it. So much fun! Then you fart on them for the ultimate humiliation!

ken109

Smash Cadet
Rofl all of that sounds funny even though I never made someone angry online. XD

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
yes, I have owned scrubs because of they're stupid play tactics.

Denzi

Smash Master
This happened to me once. Except there was a lot of a certain item around... I golden hammered him in the face:laugh:.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
It totally happened to me today. Worst of all, it was a Friend Code match. The guy kept No Contest-ing the matches every time he got his butt kicked.

Finally he thought he was going to get cute and play Pit on Hyrule Temple, so I didn't go after him at all. I just stood there and taunted until the match was no-contested yet again. Afterwards, he came up with every single excuse in the book and told me never to talk to him again. He sucked, he quitted over and over again, he overreacted, and finally, he started sulking. This guy was the total package. :laugh:

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
When I play and KO anyone, they charge me with uncoordinated and uncharged Smash Attacks. It's funny because they lose focus and it's even easier to win.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Usually it doesn't happen with me online. But offline with some friends of mine, I can get them REALLY mad with a simple "You're too slow" or a throw off the edge to their death!
The guy would scream then, "OH THAT'S IT, I'M GONNA KICK YOUR A**" So he blindly rushes at me with a grab I spot dodge, then commence to throwing or smashing him off the edge again for a very low percentage death until he was the first out in a FFA XD

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol.

This was some time in the summer, but I thought it was kinda funny, so I saved it.

And censored out some of the names, except Umby.

SWF chat, lol wifis.

Also, names changed for privacy.

Private Chat
[01:13] <MAD> iM ****ING ANGRY RIGHT NOW
[01:13] <MAD> U BEAT ME OVER 20 MOTHER ****ING TIMES
[01:13] <MAD> WHAT ARE U ASIN OR SOMETHING
[01:13] <MAD> !!!
[01:13] <MAD> ASAIN
[01:13] <MAD> WHAT THE ****
[01:14] <Tenki> you're being too predictable cause you're playing aggressively
[01:14] <Tenki> -_-'
[01:14] <MAD> SONIC IS TOO ****ING CHEAP
[01:14] <MAD> HIT AND RUN
[01:14] <Tenki> lolrangelolprioritylolweightlolbottomtier
[01:14] <Tenki> bring it to tact. discussion or something, everyone will tell you to dodge.
[01:15] <MAD> SONIC IS TOP TIER I DONT GIVE A **** WHAT U SAY
[01:15] <MAD> I AM ****ING ANGRY

Public Chat
[01:14] <MAD> SONIC IS ****ING CHEAP
[01:14] <Tenki> attention everyone
[01:14] <NoTmaD> No he's not
[01:14] <Tenki> ^^^ what he said
[01:14] <Tenki> err
[01:14] <NoTmaD> he has barely any kill moves
[01:14] <random1> Is there a digimon whose name does not end in 'mon'?
[01:14] <NoTmaD> F Smash takes ages
[01:14] <random1> oh
[01:14] <NoTmaD> and he does little damage in what attacks he does have that are good
[01:14] <NoTmaD> you
[01:14] <NoTmaD> are just bad
[01:14] <random1> I thought he was TT.
[01:15] <MAD> SONIC IS TOP TIER MAN
[01:15] <MAD> WHAT THE ****
[01:15] <MAD> SONIC IS ****ING CHEAP
[01:15] <Tenki> all your base are belong to us
[01:15] <random1> quick
[01:15] <NoTmaD> Holy **** you
[01:15] <random1> spam the ****tard
[01:15] <NoTmaD> are annoying
[01:15] <Tenki> nu nu nu
[01:15] <NoTmaD> AND bad at the game
[01:15] <random1> SPAM HIM GUYZ
[01:15] <Tenki> just because i 3 stocked your snake once with Sonic doesn't mean he's top tier
[01:15] <Tenki> ;__;
[01:16] <MAD> YES IT DOES
[01:16] <MAD> HES HIGHER THAN IKE
[01:16] <NoTmaD> rofl
[01:16] <NoTmaD> you play Snake
[01:16] <NoTmaD> lmaaaaaaaaao
[01:16] <MAD> yes
[01:16] <Tenki> I used your mine to Falcon Punch you one game
[01:16] <Umby> #Madnessboards
[01:16] <Tenki> `.` like I said, you were just being too aggressive and easy to predict
[01:16] <Tenki> calm down and play defensive some times
[01:17] <MAD> im a ****ing pieace of ****
[01:17] <Umby> join #love
[01:17] <Umby> do it
[01:17] <Umby> I'm op
[01:17] <Umby> No I'm kidding.
[01:17] <NoTmaD> MAD
[01:17] <NoTmaD> Sonic is pretty low tier
[01:17] <NoTmaD> and Snake is as high as the tier list goes
[01:18] <NoTmaD> so, I don't think it's a tier list issue, which it never is
[01:18] <NoTmaD> you just suck
[01:18] <MAD> i dont think snake is THE HIGHEST
[01:18] <MAD> that would be MK or olimar
[01:18] <MAD> definitely very high
[01:18] <NoTmaD> Olimar
[01:18] <NoTmaD> lmao
[01:18] <NoTmaD> you ARE bad at Brawl
[01:18] <Umby> I think trolling is succesful when people take it seriously.
[01:18] <MAD> have u even played me
[01:18] <NoTmaD> I main Olimar, he's middle of the top tier
[01:18] <Tenki> I played you
[01:18] <Tenki> ._.
[01:18] <NoTmaD> I don't need to, that guy said he 3 stocked you
[01:19] <Tenki> I already told you, you were playing too aggressive
[01:19] <NoTmaD> and you prove that you're an idiot in IRC
[01:19] <MAD> snakes a side
[01:19] <NoTmaD> those 2 equal out to you sucking at brawl
[01:19] <Tenki> or
[01:19] <MAD> i ahte to admit it but ur right NoTmaD : (
[01:19] <Tenki> just not knowing how to play against Sonic
[01:19] <Tenki> ._.;
[01:19] <MAD> i need a beer
in all reality, his anger was really flowing into the matches. he was like, over-aggro with slow characters (..anything slower than Sonic? lol) and way too predictable, and he even changed the rules to 1stock to try to figure out if there was a 'character counterpick' to my Sonic.

Characters wouldn't have mattered at all with the way he was playing xD.

Haro Savion

Smash Rookie
I made someone go from "Sonic sucks *** and I'll prove it by beating you" to spamming me with "SONIC IS CHEAP AND HE SUX LOL N00B". Oh the joy, oh the joy...~

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
I swear I love. Just pure love it. You KO them. They jump off the respawn platform in a rush, DIing at you. Instead of using an Aerial, they just land and either start using a barrage of uncharged Smashes or even charging a Smash Attack in your face?!

I laugh at them, dodge easily, and cleverly KO them again, with their anger being half the cause.

White Assassin

Smash Cadet
i have never seen this, but a lot of players stand at the end of the stage taunting.
espacialy when u are in spectator mode and trying to get a song by bonus chance.

or some guys are not realy in the game and doing nothing.
it´s more entertaining when such a player is in ur team and u win.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Chat logs
That would have been so much funnier if some random person just went "SONIC'S NOT CHEAP, HE'S JUST FAST!" :laugh:

Also, that seemed a little TOO over-the-top. I think "MAD" was just messing with you and having a laugh. I have no doubt that he got beat legit, but he was probably mocking overreaction rather than actually doing it.

Tenki

Smash Hero
That would have been so much funnier if some random person just went "SONIC'S NOT CHEAP, HE'S JUST FAST!" :laugh:

Also, that seemed a little TOO over-the-top. I think "MAD" was just messing with you and having a laugh. I have no doubt that he got beat legit, but he was probably mocking overreaction rather than actually doing it.
no lol

His playstyle degraded so much.

We went from 3 stock fights, him having a complete losing streak and changing the rules to 1 stock, and alot of "WTFBS kills" from my side (lol, Sheik chain --> getting stage spiked, or even crazier, stage spike > catch him with a footstool, drop spring and knock him under stage)

he was definitely mad.

he apologized later on, but that chat was funny.

-Zure-

Smash Cadet
I don't do FFAs often but there are a few players who seem to completely forget about how they should play. Someone actually made a "brooklyn rage" taunt because of me (<--Yugioh Abridged reference). He plays Lucas and is always going mad with smashes when I KO him really bad. That would be me being below 50%. ;D

Haro Savion

Smash Rookie
I still don't see why people get *****y when they lose at brawl. I mean, gosh, it's a game. I understand competition, but is all of that necessary?

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
yep i've been on both sides of this, i know i can be stubborn sometimes heh
i never get really pissed just a little annoyed and i usually get the person back anyways, but its all in good sport...btw it is possible to find some actual good players online despite what some ppl may think

just today i was playing against a Wolf who i KOed 5 times in a row with some gimps and mostly taking advantage of his apparent frustration lol

its funny though many times they just drop out after

SwordmasterXXXI

Smash Journeyman
I was Marth, and I spiked the **** out of this Sonic player and taunted. He followed me the whole match with Smash attacks and Dash attacks. He never KO'd me, though. What made it even funnier is that he left after. lol

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
I don't do FFAs often but there are a few players who seem to completely forget about how they should play. Someone actually made a "brooklyn rage" taunt because of me (<--Yugioh Abridged reference). He plays Lucas and is always going mad with smashes when I KO him really bad. That would be me being below 50%. ;D

I do not!
And that taunt was not made because of you!

@Topic

Um...well if it count's, sometimes when I brawl, they will use nothing but Bowserside, then in the following match he uses his "THATS Y U SUCK" taunt.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Bowserciding random people is always fun! I once made an entire room leave because I kept doing it, and they sucked at DI'ing bowser out of it.

Rambo Hayabusa

Smash Apprentice
After beating up some Ikes I just spot dodge every smash attack they try until they go fight someone else, then I come bring the boolly back on em

Gothic Zelda

Smash Apprentice
I made someone so mad that they had to dispute a win of mine on GB. I beat him on SV, he pmed me saying that he'd rather play on rumble instead and then we decided on FD. I won there. The funny thing is he was so desprate for a win to keep his streak going he had to make up fake proof -.-

On a funnier note, I beat this falco on Corneria with an usmash. I used one before and knocked him up. That's two. Then he leaves me feedback saying "Anyone can smap Zelda's usmash, he barely won", completely ignoring the fact that I shut him out.

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
@ Tenki

LOL. That's what's great about being versed in a variety of different characters. Making people who simply didn't play well enough and/or don't expect certain characters to be worth anything no matter what, try desperately to find excuses like that. Though I prefer them to just be impressed and try branching out themselves. :)

@ Zelda

Ha, excellent. Except for the fake proof part. -_-' I'm presuming you had nothing of your own to counter with and he was given the win?

@ 0rion

Guh. Adorable avatar is adorable.

Chaos Swordsman

Smash Apprentice
I don't exactly try to make people angry.But some of these idiots just don't know how play the frickin' game.And when I meet people like that, they are in for a serious butt-whoopin'.

PkTriForceStarStorm

Smash Rookie
Yes but, most people laugh at others because their not good or don't have skill which isn't nice, Sounds like Bragging and Insulting to me.So You shouldn't laugh at them, its not nice or funny. Taunting Is Bragging.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Depends on the context. Sometimes you can taunt after they make a really good kill on you or if something weird happens in the game just to show that you noticed and acknowledge it.

The 5th Horseman

Smash Ace
Yes it happens all the time to me, and as you've said, it's very very funny, lmao. When people get mad I'll sit there and spam the mortar slide. It makes it even better because they will use JUST smash attacks which is easily dodged.... :laugh:

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes, I'll get on Basic Brawl just to taunt/glitch the whole game. Eventually two other people will join in on it and team up on whoever tries to hit anyone. It's awesome.

Top Bottom