• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Inb4 stringers are tougher than steel

Don't forget that Sanji also had no idea what Dofla's ability was. The crew always gets destroyed the first time they encounter an odd DF.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Yeah, that's how it goes in One Piece; you never win in the first encounter. Hell, Luffy didn't beat Crocodile until the third.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Yea Sanji lost to Doffy really quickly which makes him look kinda weak, but this could be explained by not knowing his devil fruit. But how about vergo? yes i know his body was injured but for sanji to break his leg is kinda just lame and embarrassing. He just seems weaker then he should be when we look at how strong luffy became (sorry if this is a little off but i wrote this really quickly in class)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I agree with the Vergo thing though. Breaking a leg is a bit much for Sanji. Maybe it was to show off the healing power of his cooking?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
got a couple of questions about jimbei.

1: do you guys think he can use haki?

2: when he joins the crew will he replace sanji as a member of the strongest 3 in the crew?

strawhats

Smash Master
Yeah, that's how it goes in One Piece; you never win in the first encounter. Hell, Luffy didn't beat Crocodile until the third.
the problem is that sanji would not win in 3, 4, or even 5 encounters with DD. Doflamingo is a high tier dude in the one piece world...he could probably challenge Aokiji/Akainu in battle(probably would be close to death and lose) but he'd inflict some sort of damage at the very least. Sanji is simply not on Donquixote's level.

just a side note, but I wish that Luffy would've fought Vergo in the previous arc, as opposed to Luffy vs Caesar Clown.

Beat!

Smash Master
1: do you guys think he can use haki?
Yes.

2: when he joins the crew
He won't. I'm more than 99% certain that, while we haven't seen the last of him, he will never actually join the crew to the extent that he travels around with them. I simply don't see how that could be worked into the story in a good way.

@strawhat
If Sanji's not on Doflamingo's level, he's not on Aokiji/Akainu's level either. They're two of the strongest characters alive at the moment, and while that can be said for Dofla as well, I heavily disagree with the implication that he's a level above the other two.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
the problem is that sanji would not win in 3, 4, or even 5 encounters with DD. Doflamingo is a high tier dude in the one piece world...he could probably challenge Aokiji/Akainu in battle(probably would be close to death and lose) but he'd inflict some sort of damage at the very least. Sanji is simply not on Donquixote's level.
Well duh, of course he isn't. Doffy's gonna be Luffy's enemy while Sanji will get Diamante or one of those other guys. I was just saying that him losing so fast shouldn't be cause for alarm since that pretty much always happens when anyone in One Piece fights someone with an unknown ability. Hell, just last arc Luffy lost to Caesar in their first encounter for that very reason despite how lousy Caesar is.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
He won't. I'm more than 99% certain that, while we haven't seen the last of him, he will never actually join the crew to the extent that he travels around with them. I simply don't see how that could be worked into the story in a good way.
I am not as sure as you are on this, I mean luffy made it clear he wants him in his crew and jimbei made it clear he wants to join so I could see definitely see him joining as a full on travel around crew member. I do see that there are some problems with this such as if he joins what will happen to the sun pirates, but i dont think that thats a huge problem which can't be solved.

The problem with sanji losing so early is that zoro made it pretty clear in the last arc that losing the first fight is no longer acceptable, and until we see this trend continue with other straw hats I am not sure its not a big problem for sanji. (but personally i also assume they will keep losing at the first encounters with major villains)

Also I hope this arc has zoro fight doflamingo and luffy fight the admiral (or if no admiral fights at least have zoro fight doflamingo so we can see him up against some real competition.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
The problem with sanji losing so early is that zoro made it pretty clear in the last arc that losing the first fight is no longer acceptable, and until we see this trend continue with other straw hats I am not sure its not a big problem for sanji.
Zoro also never knows where he's going, so who cares what he thinks.

Beat!

Smash Master
I am not as sure as you are on this, I mean luffy made it clear he wants him in his crew and jimbei made it clear he wants to join so I could see definitely see him joining as a full on travel around crew member. I do see that there are some problems with this such as if he joins what will happen to the sun pirates, but i dont think that thats a huge problem which can't be solved.
My issue is more with the fact that I'm not sure he'd fit in with the otherwise fairly goofy crew. Aside from Robin (whom many would consider to be the most boring character on the crew), all of them have fairly sizeable comic relief aspects of their personalities. I don't think another 95% serious character would work out all that well.

Then again, as I'm writing this I'm realizing that I may be overstating the issue. Perhaps he will join the crew. I will remain doubtful for the time being, though.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I don't think Jinbe's gonna join either, what dream could he possibly have? He seems like he's got everything covered. Also, he's fat.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
hes not joining, he'll be an honorary member like vivi and whoever else they befriended up to this point who are all gonna show up to help the strawhats in the final battle

PureYeti

Smash Cadet
what you have against fat people huh? >:o

Robin turn out to be a fine addition to the crew later on and she have own comic reliefs being shown. I can see Oda will fit in Jimbei with no problem. Jimbei did state he will join after he finish whatever business he got to do. His dream is probably get a good relationship with fishmen and humans

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Lot of interesting stuff this chapter. The newest toy revelation is pretty unnerving and I'm looking forward to seeing Rebecca in action.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
So a lot of people are wondering who luffy will give Ace's fruit to assuming he gets it and its really Ace's fruit. I am thinking it could be interesting if he doesn't give it to anyone and keeps it on the ship for a while.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
double post. so how long do you think this flashback will be? I normally don't mind flash backs but so far this one hasn't really shown anything new.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
One chapter at most. He may just end it there to kind of imply what happens next.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
At least until half of next chapter.
We'l have to see exactly what happened, what did Doflamingo achieved while King and how much does the King hate him.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
he most likely will survive, but who knows maybe the rules change in the new world and people will be able to die outside of flashbacks (and the war)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Bepo's a mix of Chopper and Nami and they're both better at doing their jobs.

On the real though, I doubt Law will die. Until I see a headshot, he's alive.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
No way is Law dieing just as he thinks of someone's name that we have never(?) heard of.

It's just time for his flashback.

I feel that Law is safe, so I'm more interested in what happens with Bellamy, I doubt his loyalties will last after what just happened. I want to see what role he will play in this arc.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It's just time for his flashback.
This is the most likely option.

Regardless, Law is still alive because reasons.

This will very probably ignite Luffy's flame against Doflamingo and will lead him to win.
Which is funny because it has always been stated that Luffy's weakness are blades, and apparently, Dofla's strings are very sharp.

And Bellamy's tale will cook apart:
Option 1: Bellamy fights that kid because he doesn't really want to kill Luffy, and will win even if really costs him a lot.
Option 2: Bellamy doesn't want to kill Luffy, and the kid either injuries or "kills" Bellamy.
Option 3: Bellamy sneaks on Luffy, but Strawhat notices him so he can't kill him, and the kid will do something about it.
Option 4: Luffy begins his fight against Doflamingo, confusing everyone else.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Someone made an interesting point in another forum...apparently the two characters to die in present time, their eyes were drawn differently. The way Law's eyes are drawn signify he's unconscious.

Top Bottom