• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Well, I can honestly say that I didn't expect Big Mom to play a role in this arc.

Really good chapter, though this whole arc has been great.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I don't think he'll be the final member, he seems to already have a role in the revolutionary army.

Man he must be super strong to be confident in getting the mera mera fruit

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I always thought, for the sabo is alive believers, that it was understood that dragons crew saved him back when he supposedly died, so it can probably be safely assumed that all this time he's been with the revolutionary army.

At least at this point its a safer bet to say that hes with the revo army than saying he might be the 10th member, but we'll see.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
That Koala girl he was talking to at the end of the chapter is a Revolutionary, her info box said so. Him being there wouldn't make sense if he wasn't one too.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
sabo though!!!

i'll be HYPE if sabo beats jesus burgess

koala lookin mad cute

the new member could either be the samurai, or perhaps bartolomeo

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Sabo hype! I'm not sure what to make of it though. I'm sure he's going to play an awesome role, but sometimes, people need to stay dead.

Grandeza

Smash Master
It was clear from the beginning that Sabo was alive, but man I didn't expect him to be introduced now. Still don't think this is the best arc ever, but it sure is a great one.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
So I just found some early concept art Oda drew, and it looks like he always planned on there being 9 Straw Hats. If Oda's the man I think he is, then I think he'll be sticking with 9 from here on out like he planned all along. It would explain why the 2 year time skip happened right after Brook joined.

In case it's not obvious, the reindeer on the right became Chopper, the skeleton became Brook, the guy to his left is a sniper who became Usopp, the weird guy on the left is a "plant-lover" who became the history-loving Robin, and the floating ****** is a carpenter who became Franky.

Interesting stuff, though now I'm wondering why I haven't seen this before when it was supposedly released 3 years ago.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
So Sabo may finally be back?

Well, Oda has allowed characters to die outside of flashbacks recently, I guess a flashback character should be allowed to live.
I'm okay with this, Sabo's flashback felt like setup. Honestly, I would have been more disappointed if he stayed dead, because the flashback came out of nowhere and would have just been a cheap attempt to make Ace's death more depressing, and I'd like to think that Oda is better than that.

The girl from Fisher Tiger's flashback showing up again was a real surprise, I didn't even remember her.

roxolid

Smash Cadet
Honestly can't think of anyone it could be besides Sabo. He basically meant he would inherit Ace's will by saying that he would get back the fire fruit, Luffy was bawling as soon as he saw him, and Koala was consoling him on the den den mushi about how he couldn't have done anything at Marineford to save Ace anyway.
If it IS Sabo, that means he's been training with Dragon in the revolutionary army for the past however many years, so hopefully he's ridiculously strong. I wonder if Robin knows him...?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Really took me off guard.
I like it and all but.... I think Oda keeps A LOT of people alive, even if they went through the most absurd situations.
Even Trafalgar Law is still alive (at least everyone implied he is).

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Everyone knows you can't die from guns in One Piece. Those bullets were made from pure humiliation.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Anyone expecting death in One Piece really is betting against the odds.
Quite the understatement.

Let's look at some of those the fans previously presumed dead:

Mr. 9 and Miss Monday were blown up by Mr. 5. Now they're happily married and have a kid together.

Pell, blown up by what is essentially a nuke. Survived. Possibly the most ridiculous one thus far.

Bellamy, was presumed to have his head chopped off by Sarquiss under Doflamingo's powers. Was not beheaded; instead has a large scar on his head and is still loyal to Doflamingo(currently).

Perona was presumed killed by Kuma at one point(pre-understanding Kuma's powers). Turns out she was just sent to Mihawk's home island and was there to help Zoro during the timeskip.

Moria? Moria's not confirmed alive, but let's be honest; he's escaped his fate at the hands of the Marines. Can't wait to see his return either, he's definitely one of my favourite fruit users.

As much as I love One Piece(and I love it a lot) I find it rather funny that in this world stairs are more dangerous than powerful explosives.

Unless Kuina turns out to be Tashigi after all in which case I'm going to start questioning if Tom, Bachino, Olivia, Belle-Mere, Brook's entire crew, Dr. Hiriluk and Zeff's leg are still alive somewhere.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Kuina was one of the earliest flashback character to die, that was over a decade ago.

I'm honestly amazed that the biggest inconsistency after all this time is the injuries characters have been able to survive through.
And given everything we know now, I find Shanks loosing an arm to a Sea King to be far more confusing.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
well we don't know if shanks was exceptionally strong before that huge time skip, so it doesn't bother me that mucb

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
As much as I love One Piece(and I love it a lot) I find it rather funny that in this world stairs are more dangerous than powerful explosives.

Unless Kuina turns out to be Tashigi after all in which case I'm going to start questioning if Tom, Bachino, Olivia, Belle-Mere, Brook's entire crew, Dr. Hiriluk and Zeff's leg are still alive somewhere.
Sorry, but those two lines are plain PERFECT.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I think he was pretty amazing before. He was Mihawks rival and ppl like whitebeard knew of him
On top of which he already had his three scars received from Blackbeard prior to losing his arm. I doubt you can fight Whitebeards crew and walk away alive unless you're a pretty decent warrior.

I'm honestly amazed that the biggest inconsistency after all this time is the injuries characters have been able to survive through.
And given everything we know now, I find Shanks loosing an arm to a Sea King to be far more confusing.
It did appear that Shanks had Haki(if even very rudimentary Haki; like Luffy when he used it against Duval's bison- Not an instant KO, but made the animal flee) even back then when he warned said Sea King to leave.

I know it was a long period ago, but we are talking about Oda, who tends to set up things years in advance; Laboon's first appearance was Chapter 102 in 1999(according to the wiki) and was set up as Brook's backstory even then. Brook's first appearance was Chapter 442 in 2007. That still blows me away.

I've got to ask what did everyone make of Fishman island though? Since that was hinted at since the Baratie Arc it had a lot of build up. Did it deliver or did it suffer from too much build up in your opinion?

Top Bottom