• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Ah, the old 'My incorrect statement has been caught so, instead of accepting it I will devolve everything into absurdity and hope no one remembers' strategy. Works well on occasion, but not here.

'There are different types of pirates...[Morgania and Peace Mains]'

'I'm going to be a Peace Main'.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
took you long enough to find this thread lol

it's always worth fighting trolls. Getting mad at them means you're insecure about your stance, which Virg and friends are clearly not

Virgilijus

BRoomer
And then the troll attempts are prefaced by apathy, setting a path for them to say 'I don't care' and move on to a new subject.

Ah yes, I know this well.

Also, for those that don't know Oda is taking another break next week :(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's as you say it is, wise sage.
Luffy still ain't a pirate, and I'm sticking to it.
:applejack:

Virgilijus

BRoomer
So then Luffy doesn't exist because he is from Romance Dawn as well?

Let us stop hacking at the branches and let us get to the root of this problem; what is your definition of pirate and do you believe it corresponds to the notion of piracy as shown in One Piece?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
virg that's a nice romance dawn reference

and i think that mindset for luffy still applies. but for the OP luffy, that kind of talk seems a little too smart. i'm sure that in OP he still wants to be that kind of pirate, but in OP they are all pirates and the point of being a pirate (for luffy at least) is the ability to be free and do whatever you want.

luffy uses his pirate freedom to: go on adventures, make friends, protect his friends, fight bad guys, have fun, be the pirate king, eat meat

so the morgania/peace main thing still applies, but they are not defined in OP. they all fall under the category of "pirate"

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
oh shi-
with all these breaks, you think there'll be anime filler after they finish fishman island?

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
There was going to be filler even if he didn't take breaks, it's unavoidable. Anime can't exist without filler, not unless they take long breaks like Bakuman.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Smoker is definitely a strong opponent and, as I've stated before, I think by the end of the series he will become an admiral. But, from what I can tell, he relies on his intangibility as a logia too much and his actually combat skills are lacking. The reason why he beat Luffy before was solely because of his logia intangibility; there was no hint that Smoker was necessarily faster or stronger (I mean that physically) than Luffy.

However, we recently saw Luffy absolutely wreck a logia (Caribou), reaffirming the notion that now Luffy has the ability to contact logia. I will preface this with saying I believe that if a logia user's haki is strong enough, he can again negate the haki (evidence is Akainu surviving Marco and Vista's atacks during the war) but I feel this is not the case; Luffy has shown to be roughly as strong as a vice admiral if not substantially more (the fact he defeated Rob Lucci who was heralded by the vice admirals for his strength as well as by Kuma).

Luffy, right now, is simply too strong and fast and can, I believe, negate Smoker's greatest strength. I think it would be a very one sided fight.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Where else can I read the new chapter? Mangareader is being dumb with me.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
mangahere.com

i agree with virg with luffy vs smoker thing

imo smokers logia is the weakest out of all we've seen so far (except caribou but i don't count him lol).

:phone:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i don't know what anime you're watching, but most anime that don't continuously put out episode after episode (that is, seasonal anime) will be devoid of or very light on filler

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
But that's exactly what I'm talking about. If they're gonna have 50 or 51 episodes a year they're gonna have to have filler of some sort. Bakuman's seasons only last from October to March, so as far as I can remember it's devoid of filler since it's not needed.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Bakuman was seasonal.

If you mean continuous anime like One Piece, Naruto etc, then no, there are no prominent shounen examples that can go without filler, discounting remakes.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I wouldn't sleep on Smoker
Law is broken, as we all like to point out, so Smoker getting worked is an outlier
Smoker probably has very substantial haki
And that sea stone jutte

I would just be surprised if Oda let Luffy wreck him as quickly as is being suggested

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Unless smoker had been sandbagging, hrs definitely not gonna be considered a threat to the sh anymore. Doesn't bode well for buggy being respectful lol.

Zoro, luffy and maybr sanji could take smoker at this point. Wouldn't surprise me if zoro also has a form of haki given he was the first sh to exhibit it vs mr. 1

:phone:

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
He's not getting owned by Law, he just happened to get his heart stolen for a bit. He's about to make a comeback, just you wait.

Top Bottom