• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Haki isn't a cure all, Akainu was barely affected by Marco and vistas joint haki attacks (unless akainu used his own haki to increase his defense)

there are different levels of mastery though I'm pretty sure

:phone:

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
pretty sure it was just determined that there are different types. Different mastery just boils down to two haki's going at it like two kamehameha's heading off. too lazy to find that one pic

But that probably won't make much of a difference in the long run since when both people have haki (of whatever levels of mastery), the fight won't be called by who can put more umph into it, but who can utilize their powers in more smart/effective ways, since they'll both have the ability to negate the other's formerly invulnerable bodies (i.e. not needing to be wet to punch Crocodile in the face)

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
if somebody uses haki does that mean they can stab or cut buggy???
I was just thinking about that today, too. Garp was able to hurt Luffy with a punch despite him being a rubber man, and Marco was able to kick Kizaru despite him having logia powers, but I don't think that Buggy would actually get hurt from a cut. Haki seems like it stops fruit powers from avoiding damage, but Buggy's powers aren't him avoiding being cut by him splitting up, it's him being cut and then being able to put himself back together. I feel like all haki would do is help someone cut through Buggy easier, but he would still be able to reassemble himself afterwards. Probably.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
i dont think it stops someones power, just makes your attack/defense alot better.......which i guess somehow leads to being able to hurt logias.

like when luffy was fighting hancock's two sisters, they were using haki but luffy still beat them with his gomu gomu stuff

asianaussie

Smash Hero
it definitely causes hardening (which is a defence and offence buff), that was explained rather plainly

but it was specifically said that it allows one to capture logias as substantial bodies

so it's not a raw stat buff or anything

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
also the cover page has hannibal as impel down warden

im closer and closer to being right about magellan being made one of the new admirals

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah, i can see that being true

another possibility is that he stepped down out of shame for allowing another prisoner out

mmm

i guess the admiral thing is more likely

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I could see him being an admiral. He certainly has a broken enough fruit to fill the void left by Akainu's promotion.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Last week I thought that the outline of the large pirate looked like Brownbeard but, before I posted, I went back to check on what his silhouette actually looked like and realized it was a little bit different, so decided not to post that I thought it was Brownbeard.

If I did, I could have pulled an 'I told you guys!' :(

Anyways, Law's fruit is mad strong in most areas. Though right now I'm thinking of currently existing powers that counter his (most of the destructive logias, Magellan, maybe Robin, Apoo, Mr. 5...).

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
so all this time ive been wondering what the heck bepo (bear in laws crew) is

chopper ate the human human fruit thats why he can talk and act human, so that takes that out of the question for bepo

im thinking law took a humans heart and substituted it with a bears heart, what do you guys think?

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
I am sorry, but is't that guy, Brown beard? O.o?
Guess Brownbeard is now a centaur o.o;
and Law is too broken >_>; and uhhh...hmmm...this is one hell of an interesting arc.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Robin lookin' cute as ****.

Law lookin' broken as ****
More like Robin lookin' too freakin' much like Hancock >_> She needs her bangs back.

As far as Magellan, while it's possible for him to be an Admiral, I don't see it happening because he wasn't in the Marines at all before. That would be a really quick promotion to Admiral, though he obviously has the power.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
sanji is now in nami's body.

next chapter will be........ interesting
My brains initial prediction was that sanji would quickly rend her clothes and fondle himself. But we'll see what happens. What if he loves nami so much that he RESPECTS HER PRIVACY?

:phone:

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
More like Robin lookin' too freakin' much like Hancock >_> She needs her bangs back.

As far as Magellan, while it's possible for him to be an Admiral, I don't see it happening because he wasn't in the Marines at all before. That would be a really quick promotion to Admiral, though he obviously has the power.
That's a problem? Lol.

Top Bottom