• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On vertical spacing, bubbles & the second-most-punishing character (European Social)

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
So would you prefer the weekend of 21/22? That date is pretty good for us too so atm I'm just looking at which one of the two would get us more attendants.

Also, didn't know SKTAR was those days, for now I have a reason to go for 21/22.

Yikarur

Smash Master
try to get the venue over night Chair :awesome:
this location easily fits.. way more people then we had last time.
I was really amazed lol

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
You mean me making a big international?

I'd love to do it, but I cant, timewise, because of my study... its not even safe for me to be able to go to BiB3 lol, because of possible exams I'll have... thats why I let many things be done by other Berlin people regarding BiB3.

But w/e, I guess we still have plenty of time anyway to decide on this, so atm I'm just waiting for Olaf to answer why he'd prefer BiB3+Others instead of a big european international.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I think what will happen if there are 2 big german tourneys is only one of them will attract everyone and the other will be kind of national with some more people.

Many Spanish players are hyped to go OoC but as I said earlier I can't see many people (or any) going to more than one event outside of Spain this summer.

As for Spain, we're hosting NSTVI specially for the Spanish community and while we're working hard for it to be better than NSTIII was and get about 100 entrants and some out of country I don't think we would split the attendants with the german community. For now our tourney is looking good for 21 to 23.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
A big tournament in Neuss is doable, we've made some progress but we're still not set on a date (I've been busy lately).

For further steps to be taken I feel like we have to make a first step towards actually getting it started. 2 Dutchies have said they're driving and honestly 2 cars should be able to take 10 or so tvs, the more the merrier. I don't know if that'd be enough, I'll have to talk to selebu about that.

More information when it's there.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Alright.

I got in contact with Dueler X today, and we talked a bit. Afterwards I searched for cheap traveling methods, but LOL, it seems nearly impossibru to travel to Lille under 200€... any tips on cheap train sites or something?
(TGV was 200€+, plane was 200€ at least... etc)

I dont know if I'll have 200€ for it... everything around 100-150 is doable though.
I would love to attend that tournament, I just dont know how to get there in a cheap way...

Dueler X

Smash Cadet
In fact, there might be another possibility than the one I gave you earlier :
Roundway trip Berlin - Lille for 82,10€ by bus, this is a promo ticket meaning that there's
NO CANCELLATION and NO REFUND.

Trip details :
- Departure form Berlin Friday 6th April at 19:00, arrival at 09:00 Saturday morning.
- Departure from Lille Sunday 8th April at 21:00, arrival at 10:15 Monday morning.
Bus stop in Berlin is at "Zentral Omnibus Bahnhof (ZOB) am Funkturm",
bus stop in Lille is less than 10 minutes away from the venue, near Lille Europe Train Station.
Average trip time is 13:50, assuming the traffic is normal.

You can book your ticket on http://www.touring.de/
and to obtain the promo ticket, you have to tick "Promo" in die "Passagierangaben" part of the
reservation process.

It is really the cheapest I can found, hope you will f***in' come after all I've been through for you :)

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
All right man =D
That seems like a legit way to get there, I'll recharge my paypal account and book asap ;) Done, so now just waiting 2-3 days until the money is there.
Thx a lot man =D

Will see you there then if nothing comes in my way now, would suck to miss the bus or something like that haha xD (But that never happened to me before anyway... so everything should work :))

NNID
Budget_Player
So... I take it I'm not getting much non-Austrian/German attendance for Abensberger Smash Spektakulär? Location is in Abensberg in Bavaria (about 40-50km north of Freising, 80km north of Munich, accessible by train)? Location has space for, if I take a conservative guess, 45. Date is from the 4th of May to the 6th, Friday night to Sunday evening. Gonna run Brawl singles, doubles, mid tier, and probably more depending on setups and timing.

Luigi player

Smash Master
All right man =D
That seems like a legit way to get there, I'll recharge my paypal account and book asap ;) Done, so now just waiting 2-3 days until the money is there.
Thx a lot man =D

Will see you there then if nothing comes in my way now, would suck to miss the bus or something like that haha xD (But that never happened to me before anyway... so everything should work :))
have fun sitting 14 hours in a bus

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Yeah that will be hard... I will try to also get 2 days housing or something... otherwise it would really suck somehow, being 1 day in bus for 1 1/2 days tournament haha

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
> American TOs talk stages
> "Frigate too random, should be banned"
> "Delfino is gay"
At least they may finally ban RC & Bull**** ;)
But Frigate and Delfino should stay, they are fine.

Oh and as for Frenchies... I dont think a country that has a tournament every month with 60+ People is very interesting in going to a 40-50 man tournament at nowhere :D

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Both those stages would be banned in Melee and I wouldn't be surprised if our next step is to ban a couple more stages. I would personally be completely fine with having 6 stages or so and you would probably barely miss stages that either get picked rarely or are usually striked/banned for the set.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Why would you ban more stages, if we are already really fine with the 10/11 stages we have? No reason for changes. The remaining Stages are completely viable for competitive play if you ask me.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's
Lylat
Stadium 1
Delphino / Frigate

No distinction between "starter" and "counterpick" ... probably the most agreeable compromise between banning more stages and increasin the starter pool. Maybe add Castle and Halberd and strike with 9 stages. Either works and is a question of what people prefer.

:059:

NNID
Budget_Player
At least they may finally ban RC & Bull**** ;)
But Frigate and Delfino should stay, they are fine.
Why do I agree with you? Why the **** do I agree with you?!

...:awesome:

Oh and as for Frenchies... I dont think a country that has a tournament every month with 60+ People is very interesting in going to a 40-50 man tournament at nowhere :D
A MAN CAN DREAM, CAN'T HE? ;_;

Why would you ban more stages, if we are already really fine with the 10/11 stages we have? No reason for changes. The remaining Stages are completely viable for competitive play if you ask me.
Funny, that's what I said before BiB2...

But seriously guys, what the ****? Why the hell would you even want to get rid of any more stages? Ever?

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
what does it matter, all we play is SV
This. Its good to allow diversity, if it isnt broken or something.

Again, RC/BS are stupid and there ARE good reason why a TO may ban them (not a 100% necessity)

But why even more Stages? Even MK isnt anything near to broken on these stages...

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I made my remark for three reasons:

1. The Brawl scene in many ways mirrors the Melee scene, which went through similar developments and ended up with limited stage lists where it mattered.
2. The Japanese scene is the best in the world. This doesn't necessarily have to do with their ruleset, but it's good practice to at least consider the settings of a superior region. This sentiment is felt by many at the moment.
3. In reality several stages are barely picked and the CPs are CPs for a reason: people feel they are less neutral or less fitting of the starter mold. If we are moving towards a scene where there is less of a focus on stage counterpicking (we're already mostly there, our stage list is in some ways an awkward compromise), they will go at some point.

The one issue I have is that I feel SV and BF are by far the most neutral/best starter stages in the game, with YI a distant third. I would like to try something like this, but I'm not entirely sure yet:

Starter:
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Greward

Smash Lord
yoshis island is terrible, not fit for starter. FD or LC are better, neither of them have got random hazards and LC hasnt got as unbalanced matchups as YI (FD does)

Top Bottom