• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OmniVersus - The Anarchy "Creation Thread" (AKA make up whatever crazy things you want, within the forum rules)

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Credits to Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario for the dream that had the butterfly effect of leading me to really think about and expand on this concept, and Baysha Baysha for the thread idea.

This is a goofy concept that a lot of us have been talking about over on our profile posts lately. I figured it was high time to turn it into a "Here's the keys" styled thread in the creation forum. TLDR of the concept; This is an unrealistic game in which you have access to omnipotent god powers (so no, this isn't an AI generation concept... any who would attempt this in real life are fools) and can summon any fictional character you want, and play any type of game you want. For a more complete concept, see below:

OmniVersus: The ultimate fighting game... or, kart racer? Party game?? What even IS this???

The omniverse (a term seen by many as the one "verse" that encapsulates every universe, multiverse, and beyond) is truly endless, full of possibilities. Countless stories, countless characters, countless ideas... all will come together for the never-ending showdown to end all showdowns. But enough of the marketing blurbs, what is "OmniVersus"?

This is a silly & unrealistic game concept inspired by humanity's obsession with giant media crossovers, as well as a true celebration of the very concept of fiction. One of the big draws of this game is that it has everyone. Yes, every fictional character ever made. From the big stars, to the unknown indies, to weirdos that no one has even thought of yet, I truly do mean "everyone". Naturally, this was originally proposed as a "Monkey's Paw" scenario, as the selection of characters really boils down to an alternate Library of Babel. I mean, how will you ever find who you want to actually play as?

But then this idea grew, mainly quality-of-life improvements to make actual character selection easier. Before getting into the gameplay, let's talk about how the selection process works. Powered by magic, perhaps even heavenly, technology that is eons ahead of ours, you don't have a traditional character select screen, but rather... a search engine. Yes, you have to spell out who you want to play as (This can also be made easier by searching the actual internet and plugging in an image of the character; Don't worry, it WILL recognize who it is). So, say you search for Nintendo's Mario. Simple enough, but remember, I compared this to the Library of Babel. So, how do you keep it from spitting out a trillion different strange incarnations of him, ranging from 18+ parody portrayals to the slightest outfit changes?

For this issue, filters are your friend. In fact, by default, an "All-Time" character version filter is always enabled. This takes into account any character's full official history, and gives you a version of the character that not only exemplifies their most ideal traits, but is also relatively balanced. Mind you, this doesn't mean their moveset is bland, it will still be unique to them, but their "canonical/tier list power level" is ignored for the sake of fair gameplay; You need to do some tweaking to get characters who are overpowered... or underpowered, if you desire a greater challenge. Most people won't want to fuss about getting an exact version of their favorite characters, so right off the bat this is a great way to simply search a character, choose them, and play right away without much frustration. So basically, a grandma can look for Hello Kitty, play as her right away, and have a fun time; That's the simple design philosophy behind the "All-Time" characters. Other filters include Safe For Work, Family Friendly, and General Tastefulness specifications, and even more beyond that (Some of which are also enabled by default; To get really degenerate, you'll have to do some real work tweaking these). The adventurous types can fiddle with these filters to their hearts' content.

The default filters when starting a new save file go like this: First, the search results themselves are grounded in our reality to avoid total nonsense being spat out, and "All-Time" variants always appear at the top of the list, with the results below that gradually straying further away from the traits given in that first variant. As far as age ratings go, this one's dynamic, as you're asked about it when creating a new save file; You can choose whatever "maximum age rating" you want for results, which in turn adjusts the default filters accordingly. Generally, material that's considered outright offensive/degenerate by the vast majority is still cut out entirely; Standards are always changing over time of course, so the defaults you get on a new save file are also always up to date.

You can also build your own roster. Use the search engine, save your characters, and arrange them in your own selection screen. This is best for quick access to your favorites, seeing your dream game come to life, limiting characters for a tournament setting, etc. This should overall be a great way to keep you from constantly using the search engine over and over. Another alternative is the Hardcore Selection mode, plopping you in a random place on the world's largest character select screen ever. Now this is the true Library of Babel experience, an endless exploration of random characters (though whatever filters were enabled still apply). You never know who you'll find in the infinite Omniverse... perhaps you may stumble across a new favorite!

One more thing to add about character selection, is that there is also a character editor. This is somewhat another search engine alternative, letting you tweak an existing saved character. Change their looks, moveset, power level, whatever... make the character truly your own. It essentially serves as an alternative to typing out an exact description of the character variant you want in the search bar.

But, how does the game actually play? The title is a rip-off of "MultiVersus", so obviously it's a platform fighter with an emphasis on team battles, right? Well... yes and no. See, what's the point in infinite characters if you can't play them in an infinite number of scenarios? Indeed, this game is multi-genre, letting you play in environments similar to just about any game you can imagine. Want to see Sol Badguy in Third Strike? It's there. Want to play Crash Team Racing as an obscure Disney character? It's there too. Want to ignore "versing" entirely and play as Walter White in an Animal Crossing-styled cozy game? Yup, you bet you can do that. And yes, the game genres themselves are also subject to filters. You can choose to simply play an existing game (the easiest "pick up and play" option), or select a more generic genre archetype and customize it however you please to bring your ideal gameplay visions to life.

Depending on your genre selection, there's potential for an infinite amount of stage/level locales well. You know the drill, these can also be filtered. Witness a change of scenery in your old favorites for a brand new experience! These can range from simple aesthetic changes to entirely brand new level designs; It all depends on the genre, and what you want. If the game uses item mechanics, their choices could be infinite as well... in fact, let's just say that there are various game mechanics that can have infinite possibilities. Remember, this is YOUR game, so go crazy.

To drive the point home one last time of this game's omnipotent intelligence, it is able to adapt any character to any game, as well as fill in whatever additional traits they need that extend beyond simply being added to the game. Sounds confusing, but as one example, let's say a unique team or rival system is absolutely vital to the game you chose (be it for core stability or just plain consistency reasons), OmniVersus will fill any "gaps" with its recommended character choices, should you choose not to fill them yourself. Just by generating one character, you still have that fun butterfly effect of the game generating other unique things as well to make your choice fit in more, if you desire it.

Oh, and finally, the online mode has the best netcode possible that supports everything with no issues whatsoever. Obviously. Since the possibilities are endless, however, there may be some very... un-fun scenarios, so it should be noted that there are at least two versions of it: One where only "All-Time" variants are used for a much more fair and balanced experience, and an "Anarchy" version where absolutely anything goes.

But, how do you participate in this thread? It's simple: Much like "Here's the keys", you can just make up whatever you want, but you aren't limited to making rosters; There is a much greater anarchy focus here, so make up crazy & hyper-specific variants of characters. Make up game concepts. Share a silly tier list. Argue over the viability of fake Windows versions. Truly, the only limit is your imagination... and the Global Forum Rules. Assume those rules are the filters everyone is using, so no outright degenerate and offensive content please.

With all that said... let the OmniVersus begin.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
While being forced to write Wiki articles about CBeebies characters, I found out that Noo-Noo has an infinite combo in traditional-fighter mode with his down-light-kick. Practiced it on some Batmans online (yeah, 4 seperate Batmans in a row, 1 TAS and 3 Nolan... have some creativity) and it was funny. I've labbed it a little and it has some limitations, in particular it does not build up meter at all, cannot be performed on wall-less/looping stages, and doesn't work on significantly light or heavy characters.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Some things I'm adding (or rather, they're already here given the concept of Omniversus, I'm just making them known to a wider audience):

Red Sonic

Super Alvin And The Chipmunks

ALL of the rejected and early boss designs that kids drew for the Mega Man series, including this one

Mettaton NEO who was just a gag character in Undertale and never got an actual boss fight

The Japanese word for soda (炭酸飲料)

This really inept cop and the crocodile he was trying to catch (duo fighter)

Boxcar, a local performance clown who I know personally from school and D&D

That's all for now, I will come back later with more

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
shesevilnowooooooohhhh.jpg

PETA Cooking Mama can be fun to play, but really struggles due to her greater, almost exclusive violent rushdown focus. So, not as versatile as the real Cooking Mama but you can dish out some real damage if you play your cards right. Had a good time playing her in Street Fighter 4 particularly, the Focus Attack mechanic seems to compliment her... though I suppose my only opponents were a few guys who didn't quite know how to play Goku, 8 slightly different but still average and boring Spider-Man variants, and a pony version of Bluey who wasn't quite optimized correctly. I didn't even know people still made ponified characters tbh. Kudos to the guy that matched my choice with a PETA Pikachu though, that was kinda clever.

Baysha

Smash Ace
I really like the Krabs a La Mode stage in the platfighter mode. The gimmick of switching between the cold and hot versions is actually really fun. I especially liked seeing the characters in the background react to the changes

In the variation I played there were 5 geysers holding pool float platforms, similar to fountain of dreams. In the hot version, they would fall if you stood on them and rise if nobody was on them, but the main floor would be completely water. In the cold version, 3 of these platforms would be frozen in place and you could stand on them, while the other 2 would shatter, but the main floor would turn to walkable ice. The temperature would change randomly every once and a while (signified by Plankton coming in and changing the thermostat) or if the thermostat in the center of the stage was damaged enough. And also, you better not be swimming in water when the temperature changes from hot to cold, or you'll be frozen!

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
I have some characters that i could add on OmniVersus,i will add just one

Spider-Man

images (3).jpeg

I will make a moveset for Spider-Man if OmniVersus was a fighting game,but i will using based on Smash/MultiVersus moveset,with 3 Supers and a Shield Special:

Jab: two punches and one uppercut
Side Attack: a roundhouse kick
Up Attack: a flipkick with both legs
Down Attack: a crouch kick
Neutral Aerial: a spin kick
Side Aerial: a downward punch
Up Aerial: a backflip kick
Down Aerial: a stomp with both legs

Neutral Special: Webball- Spider-Man shoots a webball to traps the opponent in web, similar to Marvel VS Capcom series

spidet-webball.gif

Side Special: Web Laucher- Spider-Man shoots two ropes of webs and throws himself like a slingshot and he kicks

ec8d7e27mde81.gif

Up Special: Web Swing- Spider-Man shoots a web rope upward into a invisible ceiling and he swings upward

bjdf0.gif

Down Special: Web Bomb- Spider-Man shoots a metalic web bomb at ground,who explodes and reveals ceiling inside, the web bomb is from Marvel's Spider-Man

images (3).jpeg

Shield Special: Spider-Sense- Spider-Man's spider-sense tinglings and he dodges

images (7).jpeg

Super 1: Crawler Assault- Spider-Man do a flurry of punches and finish with a kick,similar from Marvel VS Capcom

images (3).jpeg

Super 2: Captain Universe- Spider-Man transforms into captain universe, he works similar to Super Sonic in Smash Brawl and Smash 4

images (9).jpeg

Super 3: Maximum Spider-Verse- Spider-Man do a kick,it starts a cutscene of appearing other spider-people who are Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Man Noir, Peni Parker, Spider-Woman, Spider-Punk, Spider-Man India and Spider-Ham,the spiders starts to trap the opponent making a web and kicking, making the attack similar to Maximum Spider from Marvel VS Capcom,and the cutscene ends with Spider-Man destroying the web with a kick,and the spiders (except the Spider-Man) disappears

Maximum_spider (1).jpg

Alternate costumes:
1. Red-based on the classic suit,red and blue
2. Black-based on Symbionte suit colors
3. Blue-based on Web-Man
4. White-based on Spider-Gwen colors
5. Green-based on Stealth suit
6. Dark Blue-based on Spider-Man 2099 colors
7. Yellow-original color,based on Scorpion from Mortal Kombat,Yellow and Black
8. Metal Red-based on Iron Spider suit
9. Bag-Man-alternate skin of Bombastic Bag-Man
10.PS4-Alternate skin of Insomniac Spider-Man

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
The Tumbleweed from Thomas and The Magic Railroad is my main. Sure, he’s obscure but he’s got insane frame date like a Frame 1 Neutral Air where he spins and talks in a Western accent. I just played him online and beat a person playing as Peter Griffin as the priest from the Happy Days church and I beat another person who was playing as Skibidi Toilet.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Fellas, what’s your favorite Mario variant? All-Time Mario’s alright, but there’s something oddly appealing in picking out Yoshi’s Safari Mario and just shooting at anything within range, though. SMG4 Mario is overhyped cheese garbage.
My favorite is Super Mario Bros. Z Mario, I think his best matchups are with the Tasmanian Devil and Otto Rocket.

On the other hand, my least favorite Mario variant is Marvin from SML.

Last edited:

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Fellas, what’s your favorite Mario variant? All-Time Mario’s alright, but there’s something oddly appealing in picking out Yoshi’s Safari Mario and just shooting at anything within range, though. SMG4 Mario is overhyped cheese garbage.
Ice Mario from Galaxy 1 is underrated, there I SAID IT. Surprisingly, I find him more fun to play than Sub-Zero and Iceman. He's probably not really better than those two, but his combos are just way too satisfying to hit, at least in that default traditional fighter mode.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Mario-Kun is the best Mario variant,he is very OP,and the mest matchup is Mario-Kun against Archie Sonic

Baysha

Smash Ace
One time I found some guy who was playing a character called "Gay Mario" and he beat me without losing a stock. Oddly, he just seemed to be a regular Mario variant without anything "gay" about him. I looked up that character later and could not figure out what made Gay Mario gay. I couldn't find anything about what the game said the source material was, so I'm assuming that it's completely off the internet. It might provide some answers if someone could find it. Also, he didn't seem particularly overpowered or anything but he beat me and any CPUs in the matches in all of the modes that I tried about 90% of the time, even when I set characters to only be visual.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I accidentally adjusted the age rating to the max, and as a Dig-Dug main, i'm scared of what lies on the online matches ☠

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I spent about three months working on my Cyborg Mario OC who has a ton of awesome gadgets and screen-clearing OHKO moves, just to get tied by some guy who was playing as "Sleepy Mario" who just laid on the ground and was invincible for the whole match. I really wish I had played as my pocket character, The Very Concept Of A Fighting Game Nerf List

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
I spent about three months working on my Cyborg Mario OC who has a ton of awesome gadgets and screen-clearing OHKO moves, just to get tied by some guy who was playing as "Sleepy Mario" who just laid on the ground and was invincible for the whole match. I really wish I had played as my pocket character, The Very Concept Of A Fighting Game Nerf List
Dang, I had "Sagat Nerf List from the Ultra Street Fighter IV Edition Select Trailer" as a pocket for all those pesky Vanilla SF4 Sagat players, but sounds like I need to up my game...

SagatNerfs.PNG

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Did anyone notice that weird glitch on the Nintendo Revolution Announcement E3 2005 stage where an episode of Courage The Cowardly Dog starts playing on the big screen behind Reggie and Iwata? It's really distracting while I'm trying to lab Sideshow Bob, turning off stage hazards doesn't seem to help.

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Any Omni-Racing fans? What are your favorite locations to burn rubber on? Mine's gotta be the one that takes place on the set of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Mained Uncle Phil (with Funky Kong's stats) and absolutely dominating this course on the Mario Kart Wii mode.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Any Omni-Racing fans? What are your favorite locations to burn rubber on? Mine's gotta be the one that takes place on the set of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Mained Uncle Phil (with Funky Kong's stats) and absolutely dominating this course on the Mario Kart Wii mode.
I was 3rd place in Double Dash mode with Crash Bandicoot and Oogtar from the Super Mario World cartoon.
It was a track from M&M's Kart Racing.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
The best track is a forest who is a original track,i was in 2nd place,and the character who i played is Kratos on batmobile

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
It would have to be "Everywhere All at Once" for the visuals or "Beep Block Bridge" for the thrill.

AlRex

Smash Lord
It’s hard to have a main in this, not to mention that it’s hard to keep to one particular type of game. I like to alternate and switch the medium my character’s from each time I play, just to keep things entertaining for my personal tastes. For example, went from Mr. Plinkett [Mike Stoklasa version] to Smaug to Izzy the Olympics mascot to Robin Williams Popeye to Scuzzlebutt to the Statue of Liberty all in one online session. Went from Project M against Golden Frieza to Windjammers up against the Loch Ness Monster, Tatsunoko VS CAPCOM with my Statue of Liberty up against a team of three Raidens from different series, fought through the first stage of the Simpsons beat-em-up and fought someone playing as John Carpenter’s the Thing at the end, though they were disguised as Ichigo from Bleach at first, competitively rolled Katamaris up against Duke Nukem afterwards, then finally played baseball up against a team of the Putties from Power Rangers with the Village People as my backup. I might be getting my wires crossed on these orders, but it’s a very chaotic game, possibly the video game equivalent of Calvinball…which I hear they’re trying to implement as a new game mode.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Recently saw the official Tier List, and I was disappointed when I saw Mario (Dorkly) in the Y minus Tier. Such a sad day for the ones who mains him.

Last edited:

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
Got the game now! Just finished up a match between me as Meowth, and 3 CPU's as King Wart, Patra from Pac-Man Party, and Lenny Leonard.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Next character to i make the moveset for OmniVersus is

Hatsune Miku

images (7).jpeg

The moveset is same from Spider-Man,but no Shield Special

Jab: two punches and rotates with a leek
Dash attack: slide who cames musical notes while Miku is sliding
Side tilt: roundhouse kick
Up tilt: two punches upward
Down tilt: a crouch kick
Neutral aerial: stretches both arms and legs
Side aerial: a kick
Up aerial: a swing with a mic with wire
Down aerial: a stimp with one leg

Neutral Special: Idol Sound- Miku sings that appears musical notes who takes low damage

Side Special: Diva Kick- Miku do a dashing kick

Up Special: Idol's Jump- Miku jumps high,in the air, she's helped by a soundwave

Down Special: Diva Pose- Miku do a pose who makes damage, she do different poses

Super 1: Vocaloid Help- one of other Vocaloid come to attacking helping Hatsune Miku,is Rin & Len or Kaito or Luka or Meiko

Super 2: Super Scream- Miku catches a mic and screams who make damage

Super 3: Shinkalion- Miku enters into a giant robot who is a Shinkalion H5 Hayabusa, the robot have different attacks who are stomp, shoot energy beam and summon missile

Shinkalionh5_hatsunemiku.png

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
DAMN IT, I just got whooped by a Skye (PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie) player 10 times in a row in Super SFII Turbo. Had no clue she was such a hard counter against Meg Jackson (Wentworth). I bet things would've gone differently if I played the HD Remix or Ultra versions...

Top Bottom