• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omis's Unlucky Thirteen-The Game Is Over!

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
marshy eh...
rockin and jungle are still alive, which is kind of odd. Though mafia may have chosen not to kill them because they wanted them to seem suspicious.

anyways, I have to read through the thread so Ill do that when I get back.

maybe it's time for a roleclaim...?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Um, why aren't you using your account Macman? Its not banned...

Anyways, Marshy was the doc huh? Well I guess that explains why he was lying low, huh? Well, at any rate, though it does seem strange that Rockin and Jungle aren't dead, we can't really just say that that is suspicious enough to warrant a vote. As Mac said, maybe the mafia wanted us to do that. However, we also can't over think it too much. It does put some suspicion on them, just not enough to warrant a vote.

Anyways, another interesting thing to note is that their was no second kill last night. Either our mafia friends and sk decided to kill the same person, or perhaps our sk is actually a nooby vig, and once people started saying "Oh, it has to be a sk cause a vig wouldn't randomly kill", they realized they shouldn't be killing. Since we can't really work with the latter, lets work with the former: The sk then seems to be going after experienced players. And by experienced players, they thought Tom was best, and Marshy second best. Something to note. Perhaps someone should go thru the last few mafia games and see who thinks akin to this. As for the mafia, Handorin then Marshy... Hmm... I don't see a huge pattern, but then again, it is only two people. I'll try and take a look see back later when I have a chance.

Oh, and BTW, I got my internets back this weekend, thank god.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Um, why aren't you using your account Macman? Its not banned...

Anyways, Marshy was the doc huh? Well I guess that explains why he was lying low, huh? Well, at any rate, though it does seem strange that Rockin and Jungle aren't dead, we can't really just say that that is suspicious enough to warrant a vote. As Mac said, maybe the mafia wanted us to do that. However, we also can't over think it too much. It does put some suspicion on them, just not enough to warrant a vote.

Anyways, another interesting thing to note is that their was no second kill last night. Either our mafia friends and sk decided to kill the same person, or perhaps our sk is actually a nooby vig, and once people started saying "Oh, it has to be a sk cause a vig wouldn't randomly kill", they realized they shouldn't be killing. Since we can't really work with the latter, lets work with the former: The sk then seems to be going after experienced players. And by experienced players, they thought Tom was best, and Marshy second best. Something to note. Perhaps someone should go thru the last few mafia games and see who thinks akin to this. As for the mafia, Handorin then Marshy... Hmm... I don't see a huge pattern, but then again, it is only two people. I'll try and take a look see back later when I have a chance.

Oh, and BTW, I got my internets back this weekend, thank god.
Could it be possible that Marshy was either protecting me or Junglefever?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Um... Guys? Hello, anyone out there? What do we need something to talk about? COme on now, Mentosman, I thought you were going to go back and look at some stuff to conjour up discussion? Now would be a great time for that. And Lombardi, you were saying we would loads of info if we killed Smash, even if he were town. So whatcha got? It's kinda hard to gather evidence against the mafia without anyone posting...

Ronike

Smash Ace
And macman, why are you posting on an alt? And if no one else will bring anything up, was there some reason you were so dead set against lynching smash? This and your role fishing seems weird, so I think you need to fess up. And spam, you can safely vote on jungle day 1 due to your "feelings", but smashbot, with his weird theories and nonexistent defenses, no, he's off limits. I understand you have your gut, but come on now, thats just ridiculous. FOS on you both.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
tbh smashbots whole theory didn't seem scummy. I thought he legitly believed in his theory. And also, I didn't think scum try to pass off an idea like that just because they would know it would get shot down so hard. It just seemed like a dumb reason to lynch someone.

I was at hayatos smashfest, and people were logged in to smashboards and I didn't feel like logging them out. And plus it makes me feel cool when I post from other peoples accounts XD.

I don't think I was rolefishing. In the case of Rockin I thought there was something funny and that he needed to explain himself. I do kind of think roleclaiming would be beneficial to the town at this point.

But um, I think everyone should check in, and then we can decide whether or not we want to role claim or atleast get some legit conversation going.

R

Rupert Thorne

I'm sorry I haven't been around since we went back to day... Some stuff happened I'm not going to go into and I have been kind of caught thinking about it. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be able to get some thoughts together.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry I haven't been around since we went back to day... Some stuff happened I'm not going to go into and I have been kind of caught thinking about it. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be able to get some thoughts together.
Sounds like someone died, or you got dumped, well my condolences either way. I've had both happen and both suck immensely.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Sorry, This week is midterm week and my last one is Friday. I'll be back to talk more when this is over.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Alright, getting back into topic

There could be three ways how Marshy died

1) He was targeted
2) He died while protecting.

I would rather go with the second one then the first, if anything. If it was between me and Junglefever, it would have to be myself (in terms of who to protect), only cause he may have felt I had a important role (and the fact I was shining like a flashlight >>;; )

Ronike, while I would've agreed to tell you that could be the case of no SK...it really isn't. Remember after the lynch Omis was still waiting for others to give in their night skills? Well it could be possible our potiential SK/Vig missed the deadline. Trust me, I've seen this happen more then once in Tomafia 3. So even then, we're unsure of either a vig or a SK.

for now, I have my looks on Macman.

Ronike

Smash Ace
...Sorry, I just have to point this out... Engrish much?

Alright, getting back into topic

There could be three ways how Marshy died

1) He was targeted
2) He died while protecting.
3???

I would rather go with the second one then the first, if anything. If it was between me and Junglefever, it would have to be myself (in terms of who to protect), only cause he may have felt I had a important role (and the fact I was shining like a flashlight >>;; )

Ronike, while I would've agreed to tell you that could be the case of no SK...it really isn't. Remember after the lynch Omis was still waiting for others to give in their night skills? Well it could be possible our potiential SK/Vig missed the deadline. Trust me, I've seen this happen more then once in Tomafia 3. So even then, we're unsure of either a vig or a SK.

for now, I have my looks on Macman. You mean eyes???
And who says shining like a flashlight... Just come on man, look over your posts just a tad, make sure there aren't a ton of errors in it before you post it.

Anyways...

What difference does it make if he protected or not? And furthermore, why wouldn't he? Its not like doctors put themselves at risk when protecting, that would be a bodyguard. Think of doctors like this: they heal the protectee after they have been hit. Bodyguards step in and take the hit. So at any rate, it doesn't matter

Second of all, I said I thought the SK may be a vig, but I really thought that they and the mafia just hit marshy. Now though I think Marshy just protected the target from one of the hits.

As for someone missing the deadline, look at the fact that about 20 minutes after Omis? said deadline is tomorrow, we had night results. So I doubt that anyone missed the deadline. Anyways, I have to go to my math class, so I'll try to get on tonite after work.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Checking in! I just back from vacation today, although you probably didn't even notice I was gone. So, let's have a look at things.

-Smashbot was in fact town, and therefor he was sincerely trying to accomplish something with his theory
-Marshy was killed, probably targeted by the mafia. This makes sense, as Marshy is generally considered one of the best players

I am tired right now, so I will go into more detail a bit later.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I can agree on what Lombardi said and say that seeing Marshy die was no suprise to me.

I don't have much else to add, to be honest, besides maybe sk and mafia both targeted poor Marshy.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have a feeling it's more likely that either the maf or killer targeted Rockin due to him making himself sound like someone important, and Marshy was protecting them. On that note, Spam is still insistent on lynching jungle, which somewhat confuses me. He says himself that he feels Rockin must be a role where he knows something we don't, and that he doesn't think he's mafia, yet he's continuing to vote for Jungle...

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bah, forgot to add, due to that I would like to hear his thoughts on why specifically to lynch jungle... He's voted for him each day without giving much outside of it being due to his gut as reasoning.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I have a feeling it's more likely that either the maf or killer targeted Rockin due to him making himself sound like someone important, and Marshy was protecting them. On that note, Spam is still insistent on lynching jungle, which somewhat confuses me. He says himself that he feels Rockin must be a role where he knows something we don't, and that he doesn't think he's mafia, yet he's continuing to vote for Jungle...
But doctors don't die when the person they protect is targeted, and I don't think it's likely we have any weird roles here.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Disclaimer: This is probably a terrible move, but this game has been going really slow and I want to stir up some activity.

I am a daytime vig with one bullet.

I was going to kill rockin the previous day, but I decided against it. In retrospect I probably should have. Before the day ends I'm going to kill someone, effectively giving the town two lynches. I'll let you guys convince me as to who I should kill.

Right now I'm inching towards Rockin or Junglefever. So if I were one of you two I would defend myself.

I realize I am basically sacrificing myself at night, but I think this will be good in the long run. We narrowed the people who could be scum down to 8 people. Considering there is probably 2 mafia and 1 sk; that would give us a 3/8 and 3/7 chance of hitting right today. I think it is imperative that we kill atleast 1 scum today.

oh yea and sorry again if this is a dumb move... XD

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
oh wow I didn't see the last 3 posts while I was typing this one, I feel slightly dumb....

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Alright, first of all, sorry about the bad english from my last post. I really should look at my posts a bit more carefully.

I'm pretty sure everyone is curious as to me and Junglefever is. Well, I'm a Mason Recruiter and I made Junglefever join my team. I know my way of defending him was too strong, so sorry about that.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Yeah. I felt two was enough. I didn't want to get too happy with the recruit, and end up taking a Mafia with me. >_>.

Especially how 2nd day was, it was hard to see from friend to foe.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
But doctors don't die when the person they protect is targeted, and I don't think it's likely we have any weird roles here.
I didn't mean that was the only target, I was saying that's the most likely reason there was only 1 kill. As to the above, that makes sense Rockin, so that takes you and jungle off the target list for the time being, as well as Macman if he is what he says he is. On that note, I think we should avoid anybody else claiming roles. Macman's power is obviously only good once, and so if he's for real it's good that he told us as this way here we can have some conversation on targets before he attacks. Rockin was extremely close to giving his role away yesterday, and by him claiming we have two more people to trust, so we're up there. Although I will say I'm somewhat curious what role Jungle was before being masoned, it could very well point to what's left for the maf, which is unsafe. I say any more info on roles/etc should be kept until largely agreed upon for risk of outing any remaining PRs(assuming we have any more... Already a pretty large amount of pro-town rolesO.o)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
so i think I'm just gonna kill based on inactivity cuz the game is getting boring

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Rockin's claim is super important. I'm gonna wrtie up my ideas tommorow. unfortunately right now I'm super sick, and stoned out of my mind on nyquil.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Macman, just make sure to use your bullet wisely if you do so based solely on inactivity...If you miss your shot we're going to have a very rough time...

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i was just kidding about the based on inactivity thing, its just annoying that nothing is happening right now. I have an itchy trigger finger and I want to shoot.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Okay guys, now should be where you discuss who he should shoot.

Since it can be assumed that Rockin and Jungle are masons (Cop should investigate Rockin), you shouldn't kill them.

Below I have marked everybody's stance as far as we know in the game (Dead people excluded):

Handorin (Innactive)
Macman(Single-shot day vig)
Mr.Lombardi34(Good to go)
Mentosman8 (Good to go)
Spam master (Good to go)
Ronike (Posts, but does not contribute to discussion)
Yaya (Innactive?)
JungleFever6478(Mason)
Rockin(Mason recruiter)

Personally, I think this would be a good time for a role claim. Some people already have, and there's very low activity. This would give us good information and hopefully give us what we need for macman to make a successful kill. Discuss.

I also don't want to rule out the macman could be a day SK. In this game, the roles, as I have seen, are very plain. Claiming One shot day vig would be the IDEAL cover up for a day SK.

Top Bottom