• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omis's Unlucky Thirteen-The Game Is Over!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
oh and btw, back when we were voting whether we should shoot yaya. And how rockin suggested bolded shoot: ____ votes and I said shoot: yaya I was scared omis was gonna take that as the actual command lol.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Omis, can we get a post with all the role PMs on it?

This is because, and I need to check and make sure I'm not wrong, but I think this game was way more than "a little" stacked against the mafia. I'm pretty sure this game was way too far balanced towards town.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Yeah thats fine. Also, could you compile a "what happened each night?" explanation in your post? Then I think we're good.

Omis

my friends were skinny
What do you mean by a what happened?

And the roles

Role A
You are a recruting mason. Each night you may approach a fellow teller and enlist them to join your masonry. Once in a mason with someone, you may communicate with them at any time via PM. All decisions on whom to recruit must be made by you.Becareful though, if you attempt to recruit a mafia member, all the members of of the mason will die.

Role B
You are a daytime vigilante. However, there is a twist. If you pm me whom you wish to kill I will announce it for you and your role will not be revealed. After secretely using a kill you may not day kill any longer. On the other hand, if you choose to announce your kill yourself, thus revealing your role, you will get two day kills. You can only use one of these roles. Choose wisely.

Role C
You are a cop. Each night you may choose to investigate one player and learn their role.

Role D
You are a docter. Each night you may choose one person to protect from being killed at night.

Role E
You are a vanilla townie. You have no night actions. Sucks to be you.

Role F
You are a vanilla townie. You have no night actions. Sucks to be you,

Role G

Role H

Role I
You are the Godfather. The mafia is lead by you and ultimately you are the one whom decides who gets night killed. You may choose someone to pm the kill to the moderator as long as you tell me beforehand. When investigated by a cop, you will appear to be innocent. You may communicate whenever you feel.All converasations must be pm'ed to me.

Role J
You are a mafia goon. You are under the command of the Godfather.You may communicate whenever you feel. All converasations must be pm'ed to me.

Role K
You are a mafia goon. You are under the command of the Godfather.You may communicate whenever you feel. All converasations must be pm'ed to me.

Role L
You are a serial killer. Each night you may target one person to kill. You win the game when every one else is dead.

Role M
You are a vanilla townie. You have no night actions. Sucks to be you.

In hindsight it was a little unbalanced. It really depended on who Yaya killled night 1.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
like, who did the mafia target night 1-3? who did the mason target? the sk?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Well we know that.

Jungle recruited rockin day 1.
Mafia killed whoever day 1[i forgot].
Yaya killed tom day 1.

Both mafia and yaya killed marshy day 2.

Mafia killed jungle day 3.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Well, is that all of it? Because there was a weird sort of night action thing going on where the mafia was told when I died during the night before the night was even over, and I'm also pretty sure junglefever tried to recruit me night one.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
All I know is, during Night 1, junglefever IMed me saying that he was masoning me. In a kind manner, I told him to wait until Day 2 before contacting me. Obviously, if he had masoned me, he was going to die (masoning a mafia = masons all die), so his contacting me on AIM before the mason went through didn't break the game. If he HADN'T masoned me, he was just cheating, but I didn't suspect this to be the case at all. I thought, well, problem resolved as I didn't plan on killing him anyways. However, the mafia was contacted that Night 1 saying that I was shot and killed during the night. They went on and chose a night kill, and I didn't mention junglefever at all. As it turns out, it looks like not only did junglefever NOT die from masoning me, but he got to re-mason someone else (Rockin) Night 1? That's all kinds of broken.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
so we have to wait for jungle to say if he actually masoned tom or not/ explain himself.

and basically jungle did cheat, he's not supposed to talk about that outside the game. Because now tom wouldn't have to worry about killing jungle/tom now knew jungles role. Jungle should not have said anything unless he was officially masoned with Tom.

Also if omis told jungle he couldn't mason Tom because he was dead. That would be a GM problem. Although it's up to the GM to decide how he was going to deal with night actions and their order, in no case should the Omis tell jungle that Tom was dead. If he wanted to make it so that the recruiting happened after Tom died, he should have just said the recruitment failed when day came and not allow jungle to rerecruit.

R

Rupert Thorne

I had fun, as I think most did, a lot of the comments are just constructive criticism from people who have run more games to someone new to the ring

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Omis, I did have fun. I'm pretty sure we all had fun. I loved getting the Godfather role. I loved conversing with Ronike and spam_master, it was a great mafia. I think I played well, especially balancing my play against my play as the Godfather in Nowheremanfia; I think I blended the two styles well and just got unlucky with Yaya gunnin' me down. However, it is important that things happen the way they should in the game. The whole night actions thing didn't go they way it should have but getting it out of the way and all the info public will hopefully ensure it doesn't happen to anyone running any game again.

All in all, I think the title would be more fitting as "Omis's Unlucky Three." LOL ;D

Omis

my friends were skinny
I had all the actions happen in chronological order of when they were sent in. Since Tom had been killed when Jungle tried to recruit him I just gave him another chance. In hindsight, it was the wrong thing to do.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
at least now you know.

anyways, how night actions handled are a big topic of conversation on Mafiascum. Personally I would do it so that all actions happen simultaneously. For example I would have had both Tom and jungle die in this case.

and btw my role was incredibly kickass and led me to be more proactive.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
yah i just sort of messed up :/ it was accidental.

i want to know why i keep getting power roles everytime i play LOOOOL

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think the night actions should be resolved by priority - The mafia's kill is always first, so any night actions other than the mafia kill involving the target of said kill should fail. I'm not entirely sure on the order after that, but I think it's any other kills next (SK over vig) and then the doctor/roleblocker and then the cop.

Don't quote me on it, but I know mafia is always first.

Yeah, Omis really, I had fun here. Small games are great. Just try again some time, that's how you get better.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Usually mafia and SK shoot at the same time. So it's possible to have them kill each other.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Yeah. Its like, you get all the actions in and then you wait until all are in and then send out the results. Theres a sort of order of operations, akin to:

1.) Roleblocker blocks all but kills
2.) Doctor protects
3.) Mafia + SK kills happen
4.) Vigilante kills happen
5.) Investigations
6.) Cultings + Masonings

of course, the mod can change what he wants. nothing is really set in stone for all games, but each game should stick with what it has decided for the whole game.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
imo they shouldn't block lethal actions. that is one thing that is up to the moderator's discretion and isn't a problem either way. in Tom games they don't, but if in Macman games they did it wouldn't be a fuss or anything.

Top Bottom