• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omis's Unlucky Thirteen-The Game Is Over!

Omis

my friends were skinny
Jungle (recruiting mason) has been punched to death.
Day 4 begins.
Sorry for being late you guys. I was waiting for Jungle's action until I realized he was dead. My bad.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
lol, total backfire on lieing about who was who.

Screw you town go mafia/any independents left.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hahaha so Spam and his buddy actually thought Rockin and Jungle were an indie groupXD Anyway, due to last nights investigation, let's go ahead and end this.

Vote: Ronike

Now we just need to wait for any two of Macman/Rockin/Lombo to vote and we should be game over :)

Ronike

Smash Ace
NOT SO FAST!!!

Good to see we can finally trust Rockin IMO... Still wasn’t quite sure on that.

Now then, I am in quite a predicament. Why you say? Well, even with the current issue, I actually believe Lombo’s claim to be true. Now why the **** would I think that you may ask? Well…

I’m a cop. Night 1 I investigated Yaya (cause I had no real leads and I don’t really know his play style) and found him to be anti-town. Yeah, unlike our supposed “super-cop”, I actually get results that aren’t fabricated, I get the norm. More on that later. I didn’t want to give myself away too early, so I kept the results to myself. Then night 2 came around and I went after spam, for another anti-town. At this point, I figured: “I must be a crazy cop who gets only anti-town as a result.” So I basically just gave up on the results and though of myself as a vanilla townie. This is why I didn’t cross claim when mentos claimed cop. I figured, “Good we have a real cop. Maybe Omis’ game isn’t as unbalanced as I thought…” But then we killed Yaya, and he was anti-town. At that point I had to know. Besides spam being suspicious, he could provide the answers I needed! Had I know he was gonna claim that, I woulda gotten on and claimed then, but it turned out it didn’t matter. We lynched him and got a second mafia. At this point, I was pumped. I’m a real cop! Which got me thinking, what is with mentos then? So I investigated him, and guess what? Anti. Town. So now we know for sure. And I mean, it fits too right? He “investigates” someone who was either anti-town or for sure town, and finds them town. Who’s gonna argue with that? A mafia/indy’ll just roll with it and a townie won’t dispute it, cause he’s right! Win/win. Then he investigate a dead guy. Yeah, nice. The only reason I still wasn’t sure was that he voted on spam. Interesting, but if he’s the “cop” already, he prolly figured he had it pretty much in the bag already, but a little extra insurance couldn’t hurt. Then for sure no one would vote for him. Smart, but no dice here man. I do have to give you props for thinking ahead and defending rockin early on though. That really did pay off, huh? Got everyone believing you. Even me, and I’m a cop! So yeah, very nice run, but game, set, and match.

Vote: mentos

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Okay guys, look. We all know that the only two possible players left that could be mafia are me and ronike. Honestly, there isn't any way to prove to you all which one it is. I know that I myself am town, and that ronike is certainly the remaining mafiat, but the rest of the town does not. The only thing I can do here is Vote: Ronike

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
LOL! Both mafia counter-claiming cop when they're caught, gotta love the perserverance. That also tells me why I didn't die last night. Quite simply, maf is trying to frame me when they are in a situation they can't win. But, quite honestly, we have 5 people left and 1 mafia(unless we're in a really, really anti-town sided game), so if you guys believe Ronike, feel free to vote/lynch me, and when I'm proven real lynch Ronike tomorrow.

Quite honestly, I think the choice should be easy. However, if his claim seems real(and quite honestly, it is a stretch to believe him even if I weren't the cop, more on that later), lynch me and come tomorrow you guys can lynch him. Or vice-versa, doesn't really matter in the long run. Just drags the game on unnecessarily if you lynch me first.

As for his claim, it seems to me two guilties is enough to claim on. Even if you think it's strange, that is a very possible string of luck and gives the town an idea at least. Also, he's claiming it's strange that one of my investigations was on a dead person, when 2 out of his 3 are on, conveniently, dead anti-town people. Quite simply, it was a good strategy. He doesn't kill me at night so I look suspicious, then jumps in claiming he investigated both the anti-town who had died, and didn't claim because he didn't think he was real sanity. Then pops up claiming he investigated the other cop claim and they were mafia to cause even more suspicion.

However, he forgot to realize that, as I said above, we have a mislynch. So if that's what it takes, go ahead and follow his suspicion, lynch me, and when I'm proven real lynch him tomorrow. If you aren't taken in by his ruse, vote for him and if I'm lying you can lynch me tomorrow and it's over anyway. Either way, make your choice and town wins tomorrow at the latest, so let's just move things along.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Really Ronike, your claim is so unbelievable. You'd have no reason not to counter claim mentosman the first time. Even if you were the paranoid cop, you would have had nothing to lose and a lot to gain from claiming. Also, I like how your supposed results fit so perfectly into the scenario - You thought you were paranoid, explaining the lack of counter claiming, you only investigated those who are now dead (Save for mentos, the guy you're counter claiming), it's all so obviously fabricated.

My vote stands. As mentos said, there's a 95% chance we have a second lynch anyway, and I'm almost sure ronike is scum anyway.

Ronike

Smash Ace
LOL! Both mafia counter-claiming cop when they're caught, gotta love the perserverance. That also tells me why I didn't die last night. Quite simply, maf is trying to frame me when they are in a situation they can't win. But, quite honestly, we have 5 people left and 1 mafia(unless we're in a really, really anti-town sided game), so if you guys believe Ronike, feel free to vote/lynch me, and when I'm proven real lynch Ronike tomorrow.
Please, don't insult my intelligence. If I was mafia, do you really think I'd first vote on my partner when there was no reason two, then do you think I'd claim cop right after my mafia partner did?

As for his claim, it seems to me two guilties is enough to claim on. Even if you think it's strange, that is a very possible string of luck and gives the town an idea at least. Also, he's claiming it's strange that one of my investigations was on a dead person, when 2 out of his 3 are on, conveniently, dead anti-town people. Quite simply, it was a good strategy. He doesn't kill me at night so I look suspicious, then jumps in claiming he investigated both the anti-town who had died, and didn't claim because he didn't think he was real sanity. Then pops up claiming he investigated the other cop claim and they were mafia to cause even more suspicion.
Like I said, I thought I was overly lucky to get two scum in my investigations and I thought I was an insane cop, especially once you claimed cop. It made sense to me, at least more sense than getting so lucky as to get two anti-town. Plus, I'm having fun. If I had revealed myself, and I had been an insane cop, I didn't want to get lynched! Plus, I was going to claim yesterday when we were voting on spam, but I didn't have time, nor the internet to do so before he died.

However, he forgot to realize that, as I said above, we have a mislynch. So if that's what it takes, go ahead and follow his suspicion, lynch me, and when I'm proven real lynch him tomorrow. If you aren't taken in by his ruse, vote for him and if I'm lying you can lynch me tomorrow and it's over anyway. Either way, make your choice and town wins tomorrow at the latest, so let's just move things along.
Sure, go for it.

Ronike

Smash Ace
You'd have no reason not to counter claim mentosman the first time. Even if you were the paranoid cop, you would have had nothing to lose and a lot to gain from claiming.
Nothing to lose and a lot to gain? So losing the cop and getting lynched is nothing? Not so much... As for fitting to the situation, sorry if life is too convenient for you...

R

Rupert Thorne

Haha, actually I'm not insulting your intelligence at all, its a pretty elaborate and smart play. The first vote on spam makes you seem more trustworthy, me not dying makes me seem more suspicious, your (fabricated) tale fits well, since Spam had already tried to CC cop and failed, you can point to that as a reason you wouldn't do the same... Honestly if you had timed your claim slightly different, and claimed yesterday, it may have worked for the day. Either way we had a mislynch so it wouldn't matter anyway, but it was a clever move.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
before I read any posts:

I AM NOT DEAD!!!!!!
YAYYYYYYYY

this guarantees a town win. lol mafia ****ed up

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
nice try ronike, I just skimmed through the thread and your claim is hardly believable

SHOOT RONIKE

if ronike isn't mafia, we'll lynch lombo.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Wow... doc, cop, day vig with multi shots, sk, only 3 mafias, no vote counts during the day... Sorry Omis, but next time, play, don't host...

Ronike

Smash Ace
Oh, by the way, I really REALLY did think Rockin was an IR and stuff. Just seemed to... weird. Meh, w/e. Now at least I can focus on the other game.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Also here is Macman's role.

Role B
You are a daytime vigilante. However, there is a twist. If you pm me whom you wish to kill I will announce it for you and your role will not be revealed. After secretely using a kill you may not day kill any longer. On the other hand, if you choose to announce your kill yourself, thus revealing your role, you will get two day kills. You can only use one of these roles. Choose wisely.

It wasnt just a multishot. I tried to spice up his role a bit.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Wow... doc, cop, day vig with multi shots, sk, only 3 mafias, no vote counts during the day... Sorry Omis, but next time, play, don't host...
Oooouch. harsh? =/

anyway, yeah. I was a vanilla townie, who was recruited on night 1. when I made that midstake, I wanted to switch up the roles and such, which is why I said I was the recruiter. Turns out that didn't work well. ><;;

but gg guys

Ronike

Smash Ace
I just also would like to say that without Yaya, the game woulda been totally different. After all, we'd still have had Tom. So applause to Yaya for failing as an sk completely and totally...

Alright, I think I'm done being bitter now... As for the commentary, you asked, I was honest.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
lol rockin what would compel yu to switch up the roles. It was kind of weird when I saw jungle as recruiting mason, but ronikes claim was just too unbelievable to think about and i assumed omis made a typographical error and it should have said "recruited mason".

Also everyone can see why I claimed a one shot day vig. And before spam was lynched that day I sent Omis a PM using my second kill to shoot him. Than I left for a while. But Omis said that my second kill had to be announced as well, and I was under the impression that I could do that privately. So you guys lynched before I used my second shot. I wanted to make sure I used both shots before the night because there was a good chance that I would die.

IMO mafia just got unlucky. Had yaya killed a townie that day, it would have been 6 townies 1 sk and 3 mafia. With a good chance of having a power role killed. This would have made for a really easy mafia win. Also tom successfully fooled me into thinking yaya was mafia. If only yaya was town and not an SK things would have also been different. Tom got unlucky there as well. So I don't really think the game was imbalanced it was just based alot on the SK. Which is why I don't believe there should be an SK in small games.

Omis did an alright jobs. Just make sure the vote counts are constant and frequently updated.

Yaya

Smash Champion
TBH, I killed Tom because he seemed like a threat to me, I assumed he could be a threat to me.

I was going to counter-claim Macman and make him look bad, but then I was even more screwed.

If I killed Mac instead of Tom, I think I might have won this, to be honest.

Also, Yeah, the reason I showed no intrest in Tom's death was because I killed 'em =P

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
lol yu were going to counter claim as a night kill vig? I wonder how that would have worked out.
I prolly would have immediately shot you though.

edit: and omis, flavor would have been nice. Though I thought it was funny when dialogue was like "It could have just been a lazy GM" or something like that

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i didn't protect anyone night 1 then protected spam night 2 through random.org

EDIT: also i liked that there was no flavor. though agree that more vote counts woulda been good

Yaya

Smash Champion
Yes to both.

Yeah, I was going to, but then I realized that was suicidal.

I was pretty much screwed.

Shoulda let Marshy live, dammit, Mac lost the game for me.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Macman, that was awesome. I really like the setup for your role too. Omis, more vote counts would have been nice, but overall the game seemed pretty balanced... If Yaya hadn't shot Tom n1 the game would have been a whole lot different.

Also, I gotta admit I was a bit concerned that Rockin and Jungle really were an independent recruiting role, for the sole reason of Rockin saying he was the recruiter after I had got that on Jungle's investigation. However, I figured it was just Jungle getting the same role and decided it was worth the risk to go for mafia.

I was also surprised at Ronike's CC at the end there. Had he done it the prior day, it would have been pretty believable and could have turned the endgame around. Well played by everyone though, Spam was the only one I picked up on prior to the day I claimed, and I didn't even think of yaya till Mac pointed it out.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I may well have, but I didn't get the chance. Anyways, once I heard yo uinvestigated me, I was just going to see if I could get the town to kill the doc over the confrimed mafia. Woulda been fun...

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Honestly, this was one of the more enjoyable mafias I've played in a while. More vote counts, yeah yeah, you know that one. I also loved the whole small game thing.

I do agree that the game was a little anti-mafia. To counter this in a small game, either take away a town power role, or better yet, give one of the mafiats a small extra ability, such as the mafia janitor, who can clean up the body that the mafia killed, so that the town does not find out that person's identity.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I may well have, but I didn't get the chance. Anyways, once I heard yo uinvestigated me, I was just going to see if I could get the town to kill the doc over the confrimed mafia. Woulda been fun...
Haha yeah, I was interested if a couple were gonna believe your claim and vote me off... I woulda laughed^.^

Ronike

Smash Ace
Oh, I almost forgot, at the begining, when I was saying all that stuff about not being able to get on, that was all for reals. Although if I remember correctly, I may have overdone it a day or two maybe, but it was the truth. I had a bad month. Or I should say, my laptop had a bad month.

Top Bottom